Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:49 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (675554 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

But how can you want the best for ya people when you want to hide everything wrong with ya people?

Who will look at that debt profile and not be very worried apart from those benefiting from these politicians?

Why should one man have that much power to enslave a whole region of over 30 million people and keep robbing them?

It's not right - we need to talk about it.

Katsumoto left cos of the madness.

True words!I agree with you we need to talk about it and point out their errors

If we don't point out their errors, we can't come up with solutions

I think what the other faction is not comfortable with is our language
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
Osomalo:

Being a QS, I would have preferred works ministry but by 2018 I would have become Baba Mutum. I may nomminate someone sha lols.

Seriously, it's annoying. They knew Osun State is poor yet they keep borrowing.

Are they not ashamed of always burrowing? I tired for those guys mehn.

Who's even borrowing them money, when they know they don't have the means to pay back these debts?

The whole thing looks like a big ponzi scheme.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:
@ Aareonakakanfo

That's what I told you about getting too many folks involved on this thread cos it'll get too partisan. I know this forum cos I've been here for three years and a lot of folks are too partisan.

This is also the reason why Katsumoto stopped posting cos it's difficult to critique the so-called "Yoruba leaders" for their obvious failures. That's why these folks keep taking Yoruba folks as mugs.

Once you use the dynamics of the last elections as a yardstick and how close the election was in all SWern states, you'd see that a lot of Yoruba folks out there are tired of APC. But they just don't have a choice cos it's the lesser devil when compared to PDP.

Of course we'll get partisan, one doesn't have to be a political jobber to be partisan, we are human with emotions..... We live here & know where the shoes hurt!!

Being beaten to death & dying from sudden death are both DEATHS but one is easier & swifter than the other..

Of course we will go with the lesser evil, someone kindly create another party that will solve our problems & see if we won't support it wholeheartedly......

I live in a city where i have seen a family friend go from being a regular level 12 officer to being a serious multi millionaire on school subvention funds simply because of lack of checks & balances in the system....

We can't go with having no leader, it's one of the reasons Romanis keep making political gaffes, we can as well go with someone who is at least SERIOUS about wanting to make an effort...

The result of the last election wasn't close as some may imagine, I'm sure @Osomalo if he wants to be sincere can tell you how much resources was sunk into getting votes for the shoeless one....

I only know about events from most SW from hearsay but i am sure about Omuo-Ekiti , each vote was 2,000..

Fayose spared no expense to get things his way..

We may spend everyday here bellyaching, i still don't see how it will help our region be better in the face of our mono export & non diversified economy...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

True words!I agree with you we need to talk about it and point out their errors

If we don't point out their errors, we can't come up with solutions

I think what the other faction is not comfortable with is our language

The language is normal when people are pissed off.

We didn't even abuse anyone too tough.

These folks are rap.ing Yoruba people in the arse.

Have you ever seen Brits and yanks abuse their leaders?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sir Gbawe,kaybams1,Shymm3x,tupacshakur,modath ati eyin ara ile

E je ka ni suuru.E ma je a so bi bayi di ile ija wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ogun state, today it is 17.4 billion naira

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by FreeGlobe(f): 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gbawe:

That is the simple point. How can we move forward given the innate challenges and constraints that is not even unique to the SW?
You and other Tinubu paid to post sycophants should honorably give way and allow yoruba people to discuss their future. I believe this is not an APC thread. I am happy the scales are falling off yoruba people's eyes gradually and who else to lead the revolution? My man shymmeX cool

I'm out though

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
More sense folks...

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
FreeGlobe:

You and other Tinubu paid to post sycophants should honorably give way and allow yoruba people to discuss their future. I believe this is not an APC thread. I am happy the scales are falling off yoruba people's eyes gradually and who else to lead the revolution? My man shymmeX cool

I'm out though

I liked this post!

Remain out for now, Madam Freeglobe! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

Of course we'll get partisan, one doesn't have to be a political jobber to be partisan, we are human with emotions..... We live here & know where the shoes hurt!!

Being beaten to death & dying from sudden death are both DEATHS but one is easier & swifter than the other..

Of course we will go with the lesser evil, someone kindly create another party that will solve our problems & see if we won't support it wholeheartedly......

I live in a city where i have seen a family friend go from being a regular level 12 officer to being a serious multi millionaire on school subvention funds simply because of lack of checks & balances in the system....

We can't go with having no leader, it's one of the reasons Romanis keep making political gaffes, we can as well go with someone who is at least SERIOUS about wanting to make an effort...

The result of the last election wasn't close as some may imagine, I'm sure @Osomalo if he wants to be sincere can tell you how much resources was sunk into getting votes for the shoeless one....

I only know about events from most SW from hearsay but i am sure about Omuo-Ekiti , each vote was 2,000..

We may spend everyday here bellyaching, i still don't see how it will help our region be better in the face of our mono export & non diversified economy...

However, we never even discussed the leaders nor critiqued anyone till the stats profile came up two days ago. And I don't even think anyone would've mentioned it on this thread, if not cos Ritchiee decided to post it here. I saw the thread, though I was mad when I saw it - I just left it there cos I don't rate these.

Before then, we went from page 1 to over 190 pages, and most of the folks crying foul contributed zilch to the thread. Even when the thread was moved, they never showed solidarity. So how come they're now finding their voices and throwing hissy fit now?

A Yoruba person should never put party interests before the Yoruba cause. What is wrong is wrong, we don't have to sugarcoat it. If folks aren't performing, we have to call them out. At the end of the day, there are a lot of pages on here where we celebrated certain developments in the SW. How come these folks never had a problem with that? We're not robots.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
FreeGlobe:

I'm out though

Why are you this stvp!d for heaven's sake?

Do they pay you for stvp!d!ty? ehn No be fight oo, I just want to know

Just look at how you proudly wear your stvp!d!ty with so much confidence

Trying to create mischief among posters here

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
Oyo state external debt, today it is 11.5 billion naira.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
Tupacshakur abeg don't get carried away by what these romanis say

The cross-dressing mo.fo has no good intention for us

Just trying to take advantage of what's on ground

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

The language is normal when people are pissed off.

We didn't even abuse anyone too tough.

These folks are rap.ing Yoruba people in the arse.

Have you ever seen Brits and yanks abuse their leaders?

Looool I know those mawffughs are very loose-mouthed grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lagos external debt, today it is 160 billion naira.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gggood! It seems everything is back to calm

I hope it stays that way grin grin...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
Abeg lets all report the zinc !dd!ot above who posted the buhari picture

We can keep reporting them till they get banned
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superduperjay: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
Aunty mi I am not homo but *kisses* we live here oo and many of us prefer to live in this places but that dosent mean we love debt. Yobe is least indebted can you live there?? (quote author=modath post=40013914]

[/quote]
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Osomalo:

Amen booda mii.

Lol at "Ki Han Mo Ta'le Ko". Lord, I'm missing home.

E ma da Aunty loun jarey, old age things nii. Aunty is old school lol.

Did the emboldened come with the usual accent? grin

Aburo yin ni mo je o.

I'm missing home too, ko si weekend kan kinma de ile and return to ibadan or lagos on Sunday.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gbawe:

Yes but you guys should still chill and try to understand the problem before the unnecessary and unhelpful vitriol which is worthless to our search for solutions. Osun was created out of nothing but ego. It was never economically viable. It was therefore a State destined to struggle. Agrebe did not cause that problem but is now charged with looking for solutions to what is a very difficult situation to turn around.

Osun had no choice but to become indebted. That is something we must first get clear. Most SW States, because of leadership myopia and corruption, became civil servant enclaves where many are employed by the government more or less as a way to disburse national wealth instead of what obtains elsewhere where people are employed to actually fill a vacancy. My estimate is that 50-60% of those employed by the government in Nigeria are not needed. States like Osun, because it is very poor, struggle with this problem more than others. I remember visiting my mum, now retired, in Abuja when she was posted their as a senior civil servant. I was appalled at what I saw. I was disgusted many "workers" were sitting around in her corridor twiddling their thumbs, playing with their phones and generally doing nada to justify what they are being paid by the FG. They were all totally unnecessary employees indulged by a system that relied on Government to be the biggest employer of labour while the SME sector, the lifeblood of the biggest economies in the world, could not mop up the employment slack because it was moribund due to issues like lack of stable power, government neglect et al. It is precisely the same at State level.

Rather than coming here to curse and insult leaders we would be better off trying to understand the challenges they face so we can understand the solutions these leaders need but are constrained from delivering because of things beyond their control.

For example, the SW and Nigeria needs electricity so that the SME sector can thrive and offer employment that will mean government at State and federal level is not compelled to be the highest employer of labour when that is seriously and unnecessarily hurting Nigeria fiscally through recurrent expenditure budgeting.

We should also agitate for the aggressive development of the agriculture and solid mineral sector so that economic diversification can become a reality.

we should look at how Nigerians are educated and trained so that we gain a much higher calibre of skilled labour that will attract potential FDI (foreign direct investment) to consider Nigeria a meritoriously worthwhile destination.

There is so much that can and must be done at federal level to help the likes of Aregebesola and many other Yoruba leaders from "swimming against the tide" in a sea of hopelessness. yet the point remains that we must familiarise ourselves with the problem to note even all of us, finding it very easy to criticise, would fail if some things are not in place. virtually all Nigerians States are civil servant States. Some of us should go and consider what this means, and the constraint leaders face at State level to change the status quo, before we insult others.
But what exactly have our leaders done wrong to put us in this shameful position in the comity of states.Even the Northerners are better off.I am not happy at all.In fact,it has affected me greatly.Some people who have seen this. ..debt....are so bitter that we are thinking of organizing a kind of protest or whatever that would enlighten people on the need to be wary of any party that wants to continue amassing debts for future yoruba generations with no developmental (completed)projects to show for it.But we are asking these questions;
Are we so indebted because we were in opposition?
Are we so very much in debt because a man...Tinubu... virtually controls most of these governors(that is their cup of tea) and some monies meant for the states are shared while they go aborrowing ?
I so much believed in Tinubu that some people think I am an APC member.The fact is I am apolitical and support anybody or party that lifts my people up there where we have always belonged...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
[size=13pt]THE ORIGINAL STORY OF EFUNSEYITAN ANIWURA[/size]

The name of Efunseyitan father is Ogunrin he hails from Egba Oke- Ona.Ogunrin who had two wives but with no issue met a woman who is trader and proposed to her as God would have it she gave birth to a female. Ogunrin’s mother was so happy because she has being appealing to Obatala to give her a child. She name the child Efunseyitan when the lady gave birth out of gratitude to Obatala.

It was during this period that Efunseyitan was born that a war known as “Ogun Owu” which lasted 7years. Broke out in Orile Owu. Since Efunseyitan’s mother trades ,she continued her business during the war because she’s strong and her husband is a warrior and has she moved around with her goods her daughter Efunseyitan followed her . During this process Efunseytan saw many things which made her to be strong.

Efunseyitan’s mother became ill and died ,soon her father died too so she was left alone in the world .She continued her mothers business aided by his fathers brother a warrior known as Ogundipe(Arasowu Yemoja Logun). She stayed in Abeokuta as at this time selling goods from lagos to badagry.

Efunsetan became prominent has Oluyole became king of Ibadan. Efunseyitan married several times without an issue, due to this problem she used to leave her husbands. But she met a warrior in Ibadan and she had a female child for him,soon the husband died so she decided to stay permanently in Ibadan.

Efunseyitan started slave trade business this was the point they perceived Efunseyitan to be wicked. Due to what she has seen from childhood she’s very principled so they misinterpreted her being strict with being wicked. Efunseyitan also sells Gold and jewels which made her to be popular and they call her “Ani Wura Nile” meaning a person that has Jewels.

Efunseyitan is a pretty woman and has no tribal mark as against play writers who portrayed has having tribal marks.

Cc IyaIode grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
modath:

cheesy grin... , It's the yoruba thing, makes one get all hyper when one sees some words, we cool... ko si wahala.. grin

But I'm not so upset, just that you didn't look at the flip side, ..... What good will we achieve if the only things we belabour on everyday is how horrible & bad "OURS" are?

I am one of the least politically correct person you will ever come across, i also don't take prisoners.... on our preggy & mum threads, i have been referred to as a "cyber bully on more than one occassion cos i don't molly coddle no one, i say it as it is & mean WHAT I SAY...

But one is supposed to criticise what is one's in a way that will not make mockery of our collective struggle...

This morning now, i saw one Romani claiming you & aare are denigrating SW & is also spamming several threads with same falsehood....

The whole country is Effed Up, SW is even better, come to FCT & see billions going down in FCDA & Devt Control with zero to show in infrastructures... Federal fa.... undecided

The way to go for this contraption is to either unbundle it or strict adherence to policies that will drag it out of the doldrums....

BTW, i wasn't so objective in my "yoot" as well wink.... I was in IFE during the Legacy, Africa et al struggle days.

@ Osomalo,

Your moniker reminds me of baba baba mi... cry

Aunty mi, I'm glad pe e o binu si oro ti mo so. Agba ni agba a maa je l'ojo k'ojo.

I saw the romani's mentions spamming threads with what myself and Aare said to other Yoruba folks who thread hop to engage in online tribal fisticuffs.

Considering the foolishness of the romanis, I will go with your opninion of toning down then but it is imperative that we make sure we expose/pin point areas of failures as much as we celebrate successes here.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

Aunty mi, I'm glad pe e o binu si oro ti mo so. Agba ni agba a maa je l'ojo k'ojo.

I saw the romani's mentions spamming threads with what myself and Aare said to other Yoruba folks who thread hop to engage in online tribal fisticuffs.

Considering the foolishness of the romanis, I will go with your opninion of toning down then but it is imperative that we make sure we expose/pin point areas of failures as much as we celebrate successes here.

Oh yeah speaking of that, that !dd!ot boy twisted our words ni sa

I didn't want to start roaming around threads rebuking him for that because I had soo many mentions on those biafran threads
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

The both of you have said it all and there's nothing more to add.

The ridiculous debt profile and utter idi.otic fiscal policies by SW governors is enough for folks to hit the streets and start protesting in saner climes. It shows that collectively SWern governors are the worst in the country. How can five of the 6 states be running at a deficit and folks think people need to be quiet about it? Ridiculous.

Who cares about who's reading and taunting who? Are they the ones who will pay back the debts, while these rogues keep enriching themselves, their cronies, and unborn generations on the backs of poor Yoruba folks who aren't benefiting anything from their wasteful spending, with nothing to show for it?

These folks have failed Yorubas and we need to talk about their obvious failures. That was what we created the thread for - for awareness and to discuss everything Yoruba, with no holds barred.

If Winston Churchill wasn't critiqued for his shortcomings and obvious failures - there would have never been a Clement Attlee, who's the father of modern Britain and the greatest British PM ever.

I'm sure the politicians or at least their affiliates and online sellers read or will eventually see this thread and its content. Not only that, other serious minded Yoruba folks will see it and come to terms with reality rather than revelling in the propaganda these parties are known for.

I don't know what the house has decided on in totality, which will serve as my leaning point.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
Save for lagos, there rest of these SW governors inherited a large chunk of these debts. Those that took these loans must tell us how they spent it, including the incumbent governors.

I used the benchmark 160 naira to a dollar in my conversion.

Lagos 160 billion naira from 77 billion in 2011

Ogun state 17.4 billion naira from 14.8b in 2011

Oyo state 11.5 billion naira from 12.2 billon in 2011 (we should be praising Ajumobi here rather than crucifying him)

Osun state 10.7 billion naira from 9.6 billion in 2011

Gbawe Shymm3x Aareonakakanfo laudate modath

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/fgs-external-debt-states-debt-profile-on-the-rise/

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
superduperjay:
Aunty mi I am not homo but *kisses* we live here oo and many of us prefer to live in this places but that dosent mean we love debt. Yobe is least indebted can you live there??

*kisses* to you too , wink Damaturu of the killer harmattan & droughty dry season.... It was a whole year of horror undecided...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

However, we never even discussed the leaders nor critiqued anyone till the stats profile came up two days ago. And I don't even think anyone would've mentioned it on this thread, if not cos Ritchiee decided to post it here. I saw the thread, though I was mad when I saw it - I just left it there cos I don't rate these.

Before then, we went from page 1 to over 190 pages, and most of the folks crying foul contributed zilch to the thread. Even when the thread was moved, they never showed solidarity. So how come they're now finding their voices and throwing hissy fit now?

A Yoruba person should never put party interests before the Yoruba cause. What is wrong is wrong, we don't have to sugarcoat it. If folks aren't performing, we have to call them out. At the end of the day, there are a lot of pages on here where we celebrated certain developments in the SW. How come these folks never had
a problem with that? We're not robots.
We would not want to sleep and face the same direction.
We have too many great thinkers in Yorubaland to allow this bullshit on the great Yoruba Nation.It is really,really disheartning...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
But really is the debt the issue here?

Even though I'm concerned about the debt, what's more important to me is accountability

What did you they use the money they borrowed for?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

If we don't remove the speck from our eyes, what moral rights have we to point out another person's log ?

We must critique what is ours but it is better done in a way to identify with the struggle ......

Until we remove patronage & money from our politics, we will continue to go about like headless chicken...

I have one aunt in the Home town, to hear her talk you'd think her party's political appointees are there solely to solve her immediate & remote problems...

Talking about how Hon Lagbaja won't smell that seat again cos he didn't come for one ward chairman's birthday or how Governor Tamedun is not a "spender"..

We too are problems on our own side.....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
9jacrip:

I'm sure the politicians or at least their affiliates and online sellers read or will eventually see this thread and its content. Not only that, other serious minded Yoruba folks will see it and come to terms with reality rather than revelling in the propaganda these parties are known for.

I don't know what the house has decided on in totality, which will serve as my leaning point.

At the end of the day, that was what Aareonakakanfo created the thread for and Mayoroflagos cosigned it. Yoruba is bigger than individuals and/or splinter groups - it's a commonwealth and our collective destiny is the same.

We can't let folks hijack or dictate what we should talk about to us. We'll discuss the good, bad, and ugly. The purpose of the thread is to enlighten folks about our potentials, what we're doing right, celebrate our history/culture/heritage/achievers/traditions, and our shortcomings. If we decide to start avoiding our shortcomings cos of what romanis think, or cos some folks think we need to cover them - then the purpose of the thread would be deflated. Yorubas believe in pluralism - so why can't we let folks discuss whatever they want to discuss? Ritchiee wanted to discuss the debts and we all added our critiques. That's basically the reason why I locked into the thread.

Personally, I came to NL cos of Yoruba history/culture/traditions and how Yorubas are faring in Nigeria - and maybe Edos to an extent. I don't have time for no partisan politics or personality. These personalities don't even inspire me, and none of them are role models to me. The only Nigerian role models I have are mostly long dead and buried. Awolowo, Julius Ojo-Cole, Ladipo Solanke, Wole Soyinka, Fela Kuti, and Christopher Okigbo. I don't care about these people and they're not infallible to me. So I shall critique them whenever they do something wrong, regardless of whose ox is gored, period. No apologies.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
[size=13pt]THE ORIGINAL STORY OF EFUNSEYITAN ANIWURA[/size]

The name of Efunseyitan father is Ogunrin he hails from Egba Oke- Ona.Ogunrin who had two wives but with no issue met a woman who is trader and proposed to her as God would have it she gave birth to a female. Ogunrin’s mother was so happy because she has being appealing to Obatala to give her a child. She name the child Efunseyitan when the lady gave birth out of gratitude to Obatala.

It was during this period that Efunseyitan was born that a war known as “Ogun Owu” which lasted 7years. Broke out in Orile Owu. Since Efunseyitan’s mother trades ,she continued her business during the war because she’s strong and her husband is a warrior and has she moved around with her goods her daughter Efunseyitan followed her . During this process Efunseytan saw many things which made her to be strong.

Efunseyitan’s mother became ill and died ,soon her father died too so she was left alone in the world .She continued her mothers business aided by his fathers brother a warrior known as Ogundipe(Arasowu Yemoja Logun). She stayed in Abeokuta as at this time selling goods from lagos to badagry.

Efunsetan became prominent has Oluyole became king of Ibadan. Efunseyitan married several times without an issue, due to this problem she used to leave her husbands. But she met a warrior in Ibadan and she had a female child for him,soon the husband died so she decided to stay permanently in Ibadan.

Efunseyitan started slave trade business this was the point they perceived Efunseyitan to be wicked. Due to what she has seen from childhood she’s very principled so they misinterpreted her being strict with being wicked. Efunseyitan also sells Gold and jewels which made her to be popular and they call her “Ani Wura Nile” meaning a person that has Jewels.

Efunseyitan is a pretty woman and has no tribal mark as against play writers who portrayed has having tribal marks.

Cc IyaIode grin grin

When i grow up, i will like to be like Efunsetan, i will like to capture and sell romanis, i will give them tribal marks too
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
IyaIode:
Save for lagos, there rest of these SW governors inherited a large chunk of these debts. Those that took these loans must tell us how they spent it, including the incumbent governors.

I used the benchmark 160 naira to a dollar in my conversion.

Lagos 160 billion naira from 77 billion in 2011

Ogun state 17.4 billion naira from 14.8b in 2011

Oyo state 11.5 billion naira from 12.2 billon in 2011 (we should be praising Ajumobi here rather than crucifying him)

Osun state 10.7 billion naira from 9.6 billion in 2011

Gbawe Shymm3x Aareonakakanfo laudate modath

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/fgs-external-debt-states-debt-profile-on-the-rise/

Debt with few or nothing to show for it in those states. angry

Until we are ready to face the truth and ask our political class to account for the growing debt, we are not yet ready for serious development.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.