Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (672649 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 18, 2015
On Today's episode of "How to identify a mad man", This is what I have for you all wink

Start from page 45

https://www.nairaland.com/2618835/hoodlums-shut-down-alaba-international/45
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:48am On Nov 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
On Today's episode of "How to identify a mad man", This is what I have for you all wink

Start from page 45

Mr....u not going and sleep cheesy?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 18, 2015
quimicababes:

Mr....u not going and sleep cheesy?

Loooool Where I come from, we don't sleep grin cheesy

I saw your post on CChub.I'm quite familiar with a lot of guys there
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Loooool Where I come from, we don't sleep grin cheesy

I saw your post on CChub.I'm quite familiar with a lot of guys there

Jumbie dey take u.Yea they seem to be doing nice stuff there...I follow their page on fb....don't get much updates tho lol undecided .
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 18, 2015
quimicababes:

Jumbie dey take u.Yea they seem to be doing nice stuff there...I follow their page on fb....don't get much updates tho lol undecided .

Haha! jumbie grin cheesy

A lot of stuffs are really going on there

I'm trying to cook up some things too wink

"AareOnakakanfo the Technopreneur" cool

I hope we can have something like that in Osun state,Ife precisely.That's where Naija's best techies are

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Haha! jumbie grin cheesy

A lot of stuffs are really going on there

I'm trying to cook up some things too wink

"AareOnakakanfo the Technopreneur" cool

I hope we can have something like that in Osun state.Ife precisely.That's where Naija's best techies are

Hmmm..so you are one of the boys...I see grin....too bad we can't say yo dts aare when d story break nah cheesy.I read somewhere they had open up a start-up hub in Ibadan....but seeing as Osun done have so much worries...it wouldn't hurt to have one there.Same Aregbe was pushing ICT for Osun folks.....I liked how he partnered with that Ghanaian company to produce electronics...but u know Naija have lofty plans and in reality many times its not implemented eh undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:16am On Nov 18, 2015
quimicababes:

Hmmm..so you are one of the boys...I see grin....too bad we can't say yo dts aare when d story break nah cheesy.I read somewhere they had open up a start-up hub in Ibadan....but seeing as Osun done have so much worries...it wouldn't hurt to have one there.Same Aregbe was pushing ICT for Osun folks.....I liked how he partnered with that Ghanaian company to produce electronics...but u know Naija have lofty plans and in reality many times its not implemented eh undecided

Looool grin

Yeah the one in Ibadan is Wenovationhub.They also have another branch at Ikeja.Its owned by Wole Odetayo.

Aregbe just needs to think outside the box

That state has a lot of potentials.Did you see this
?

https://www.nairaland.com/2503453/oau-engineering-students-build-humane
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 3:24am On Nov 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Start from page 45

What happened to those two?

Perfect illustration of "many are mad, few are unclad"...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Looool grin

Yeah the one in Ibadan is Wenovationhub.They also have another branch at Ikeja.Its owned by Wole Odetayo.

Aregbe just needs to think outside the box

That state has a lot of potentials.Did you see this
?

https://www.nairaland.com/2503453/oau-engineering-students-build-humane

Yea I saw the story...I read techpoint nigeria nah grin. I know quite a bit of folks feel hopeless about Naija but seriously I would like to see what becomes of her over the next four years...in terms of if policies would be implemented for sustainable growth, especially as she is the largest black nation.What you think about that Maths guy who them say solve dt 156 yr maths problem?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 18, 2015
@shymm3x....u need to upgrade ur soca collection/get more soca exposure grin tongue wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 3:28am On Nov 18, 2015
Adeosun meets W/Bank, AfDB, IMF country directors

The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has met the Country Directors of the World Bank, Rachid Benmessaoud ; IMF, Gene Leone; and the African Development Bank(AfDB) Dr. Dore Ousmane with a view to maximizing the working relationship between the country and the development finance institutions.

Kemi ADEOSUN
Kemi ADEOSUN
She met separately with each of them in her office, in Abuja, yesterday.

It was learnt that the minister asked for a sustained cooperation and assistance from each of the organizations which have been undertaking various developmental projects and programmes towards the socio-economic advancement of the nation.

She was said to have assured the heads of the institutions in Nigeria that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration was determined to ensure a prudent utilization of all resources at its disposal and that it would treasure assistance from them.

Mrs. Adeosun was also said to have expressed federal government’s plans towards diversifying the nation’s economy with a view to paying greater attention to the solid minerals sector and agriculture, while increasing power sector capacity in order to create more opportunities in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, MSMEs sector.

World bank’s Benmessaoud was said to have told the minister that the organization has been a long-standing ally of Nigeria in her development efforts and that it would diligently work towards a successful implementation of all its projects in the country.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 18, 2015
modath:

What happened to those two?

Perfect illustration of "many are mad, few are unclad"...

grin grin cheesy No wonder Shymm3x talk say him for no register.Mwari-Mwaris

quimicababes:

Yea I saw the story...I read techpoint nigeria nah grin. I know quite a bit of folks feel hopeless about Naija but seriously I would like to see what becomes of her over the next four years...in terms of if policies would be implemented for sustainable growth, especially as she is the largest black nation.What you think about that Maths guy who them say solve dt 156 yr maths problem?

Let's see what this new set of ministers will come up with.A lot of our professors here have told us to give them time so we'll do that.

Speaking of the maths guy,I was quite skeptical when I first came across it due to the source but it was later confirmed by Bbc and Dailymail so for me that's another Okikiolu for we Yorubas cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OnReflection: 3:32am On Nov 18, 2015
Shymm3x:

Sagarat is a vacuous stark illiterate with limited lexicon and expired cheese for brain matter.

I like the following:

- Katsumoto
- eGuerrilla
- terracotta
- MayorofLagos esp. When he was negrontns
- gbawe
- pukkah

Then I'll put PhysicsQED and Ekt-bear in the same bracket cos I like certain things about them.

I am going to contribute my quota soon, bruv from the South-side.

To be honest, because of the way I feel about Nairaland and how it is moderated, I now refrain from posting on topics which require an attention span greater than 2 minutes. After my earlier departure, I only returned to help rout Jonathan's clannish but well-incentivised electronic-army. Having successfully accomplished that mission, in the company of so many notable contributors, there is actually less motivation to post these days.

By the way, I've got to hail the ol' guns who have taken time out of retirement - Katsumoto, terracotta,..etc
This place has not been the same without your wise counsel wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 3:34am On Nov 18, 2015
quimicababes:
@shymm3x....u need to upgrade ur soca collection/get more soca exposure grin tongue wink

I shall upgrade it when you post some proper Trini chic with big batty via DHL. grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 3:35am On Nov 18, 2015
OnReflection:

I am going to contribute my quota soon, bruv from the South-side.

To be honest, because of the way I feel about Nairaland and how it is moderated, I now refrain from posting on topics which require an attention span greater than 2 minutes. After my earlier departure, I only returned to help rout Jonathan's clannish but well-incentivised electronic-army. Having successfully accomplished that mission, in the company of so many notable contributors, there is actually less motivation to post these days.

By the way, I've got to hail the ol' guns who have taken time out of retirement - Katsumoto, terracotta,..etc
This place has not been the same without your wise counsel wink

Okay, Sir.

I can't wait to read ya contribution.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 3:38am On Nov 18, 2015
Shymmex, shouldn't you be sleeping?

Dudeeeeeeeee........who/what is keeping you awake at this time?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

grin grin cheesy No wonder Shymm3x talk say him for no register.Mwari-Mwaris

Let's see what this new set of ministers will come up with.A lot of our professors here have told us to give them time so we'll do that.

Speaking of the maths guy,I was quite skeptical when I first came across it due to the source but it was later confirmed by Bbc and Dailymail so for me that's another Okikiolu for we Yorubas cool

I am still somewhat skeptical tho DAWN posted the bbc link...one of his maths students commented on nairaland saying it takes about minimum 18 mths to confirm the solution.Personally I think breaking the story now is premature....they should have waited till Clay Maths confirm it nah.Hopefully his proof will scale through. undecided
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:40am On Nov 18, 2015
[size=13pt]Osun ​g​overnment to stop full payment of WAEC fees for students[/size]

The Osun Government said it could no longer bear the burden of full payment of West Africa Examination Council fees for students in public schools.

The Deputy Governor, Titi Laoye-Tomori, said this when the House of Assembly Committee on Education visited her office in Osogbo on Wednesday.

Ms. Laoye-Tomori , who double​s​ as Commissioner for Education, said the state government would pay half of the WAEC fees, while parents would henceforth pay the remaining.

She said the state government spent over N500 million as WAEC fees for students per annum, adding that it could no longer bear the cost due to lack of fund.

“The state government is yet to complete the payment of 2014 WAEC fees and this is causing delay in the release of the students’ results,’’ she said.

The deputy governor said promotion for teachers would no longer be automatic, but would be based on performance of students in external examinations.

She also said that government would make it compulsory for teachers to teach in the rural areas for one year.Ms. Laoye-Tomori added that those who would be teaching in the rural areas would get better pay than those in the urban area.

On tertiary institution​s​, she said it was not true that​ the​ government was planning to merge Colleges of Education and Polytechnics in the state.

The deputy governor, however, said that ​the ​government had put on hold admission into state-owned tertiary institution for the new session.
She said the one-year break was to enable school authorities to improve on their curriculum and programmes.
(NAN)
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:40am On Nov 18, 2015
Shymm3x:

I shall upgrade it when you post some proper Trini chic with big batty via DHL. grin

I hear u boss tongue
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 18, 2015
quimicababes:

I am still somewhat skeptical tho DAWN posted the bbc link...one of his maths students commented on nairaland saying it takes about minimum 18 mths to confirm the solution.Personally I think breaking the story now is premature....they should have waited till Clay Maths confirm it nah.Hopefully his proof will scale through. undecided

True! I think I saw it somewhere that Claymaths dismissed the fact that anyone has solved it

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

True! I think I saw it somewhere that Claymaths dismissed the fact that anyone has solved it

I hope u weren't one of the persons dt like shymm3x comment on trini batty btw eh cool.Anyways..have a blessed day.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 18, 2015
quimicababes:

I hope u weren't one of the persons dt like shymm3x comment on trini batty btw eh cool.Anyways..have a blessed day.

Hahahaha no be me oooo grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 3:58am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 4:03am On Nov 18, 2015
Nigeria must overcome deficit infrastructure —Afe Babalola

EMINENT lawyer and educationist, Chief Afe Babalola, on Tuesday, identified six hurdles on the path of Nigeria, preventing the nation from achieving sustainable infrastructural development.

At the yearly conference of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) in Akure, Chief Babalola fingered three main drawbacks as the negative influence of a corrupt and retrogressive political class; lack of proper funding and finance necessary to drive infrastructural development and overdependence on foreign technology, goods and services for local project.

In a keynote address, founder of Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti (ABUAD), also listed the weakening of local infrastructural development and maintenance capabilities; erosion of a culture of technological innovation and research in our universities; and lopsided manpower deployment in engineering and technology institutions and ministries as the other hindrances to national infrastructural development.

Chief Babalola, who has his first degree in Economics, said “infrastructural development is economically sustainable if it results in the growth of the economy, job creation and eradication of poverty, as weak infrastructure affects economic growth. Difficulties accessing markets via crumbling roads or clogged-up ports and vast expenditure on generators required to avoid blackouts are regularly cited as the biggest challenges to investors in this country.

“The focus of the governments must be to fund and support projects that could stimulate economic growth. Any so called infrastructure project that does not contribute to the goals of removing barriers to economic growth or support economic productivity is, in my opinion, a white elephant project and an unsustainable one.”

Citing his experience while building the six-year-old ABUAD, the university administrator canvassed that national infrastructural development must be erected on economic, social and environmental sustainability. Chief Babalola, who spoke on how to make national aspirations realisable, praised the efforts in drawing the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan, NIIM, and described the plan “as a necessary statement of intent that was line with global trends in infrastructural development.”

He said Nigeria was toeing the path taken by developing economies, namely Malaysia, India Singapore and China. He raised concerns on the implementation of the NIIMP with its $3 trillion budget.

Specifically, the Senior Advocate of Nigeria picked holes in government’s commitment to the Public-Private-Partnership and noted that “very little is shown in terms of commitment to support and partner with the private sector. “The government expects the private sector to survive or perish at its own expense, without providing any support of functional climate for the private for the private sector to play meaningful roles in addressing infrastructural deficits,” he observed.

While examining the plans, projections and execution of the National Infrastructural Master Plan unveiled last year by the Federal Government, Chief Babalola charged policy makers and engineers especially to “produce an implementation and position paper on NIIMP” to ensure that the nation quickly jump starts the realisation of sustainable economic development. President, NSE, Engr Ademola Olorunfemi, described the shortage of infrastructure as a major challenge to economic development and an impediment to achieving national targets.

“It is regrettable that we have in the last two decades lost a chunk of investments to neighbouring countries and the threat of losing more looms, on the account of decaying infrastructure,” he added. He said this year’s conference based on the NIIMP was designed “to provide government with a graphic picture of the state of affairs and the need to step up policies geared towards expanding our infrastructure base.”

He described the NIIMP as Nigeria’s blueprint for accelerated infrastructure development to provide roadmap for building world class infrastructure that would enhance the quality of life of the people. Engr Olorunfemi also presented the 2015 Infrastructure Scorecard to the SGF for delivery to President Buhari.

He described the document as a guide on choices for investment decisions in various sectors of the economy. He expressed confidence that the document would assist to give meaning to NIIMP and its effective implementation. He promised that the NSE would review it every two years.

Ondo State governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, emphasised the need for durable infrastructure to ensure rapid development and praised the NSE for assuming its role in the quest for national development.

He praised the efforts of the Goodluck Jonathan-led administration in giving the nation a longterm planning perspective contained in the NIIMP and urged engineers to ensure its proper implementation.

Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Hajia Zainab Ahmed, said the Federal Government had established the Infrastructure Development Fund to drive the implementation of the key components of the NIIMP and emphasised the role of the private sector in supporting its full realisation.

Secretary to the Federal Government, Engr Babachir Lawal, bagged the NSE professional fellowship award, while Chief Babalola, Dr Mimiko and the chairman of Innoson Industries, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, were made honorary Fellows.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:05am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 4:08am On Nov 18, 2015
HID’s biography for presentation today

ALL plans are now in place for the public presentation of the biography of Chief HID Awolowo, scheduled as part of activities for her burial programme.

One of the ambitions of the chairman of the African Newspapers of Nigeria (ANN) Plc, Chief (Mrs) Awolowo, while alive, was to publish a biography detailing her full history of life. Therefore, in her honour, the invited public are, hereby, notified of the official presentation of the book, entitled: “In the Radiance of the Sage: The Life and Times of HID Awolowo,” today. The presentation will be held at the Awolowo’s residence, Ikenne-Remo, Ogun State, at 10.00 a.m.

An excerpts from the book read: “Obafemi (Awolowo’s) methodical, comprehensive and thoughtful planning and mobilisation of resources blended with Hannah’s calculated, determined, meticulous and patient shaping and projection of social capital in the struggle for influence and prestige. “She also (had) a matchless capacity for recollection and detail, an intrinsic facility for identifying and understanding the social order of things and a unique aptitude for tracking loyalty and treachery.

“Therefore, within the first five years of their matrimony, it was already evident that theirs was a perfect harmony that blended. For a few months short of 50 years, they were to enjoy a mutuality that melded so well as to become storied...” The chief presenter on the occasion is a former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, while the book reviewer is Professor Adigun Agbaje, former Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Ibadan.

The host governors are Senator Abiola Ajimobi, Oyo; Dr Ayodele Fayose, Ekiti; Mr Rauf Aregbesola, Osun; Dr Olusegun Mimiko, Ondo; Mr Akinwumi Ambode, Lagos; Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, Delta and Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Edo, while the chief host is the Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 4:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Fisayo Soyombo: A Gift from UCJ to the World

Fisayo Soyombo is the editor at thecable.ng. The contributor to Aljazeera was shortlisted for the 2014 Kurt Schork Awards. It is interesting to know that Fisayo graduated from the University of Ibadan–wait for it–where he studied Animal Science. Journalism started for him as a member of the Union of Campus Journalists. Today, he is giving back by organising a writing competition for campus journalists. Read more about Fisayo, the gift UCJ has given to the world…

Why did you decide to organise the competition? What do you hope to achieve?

The truth is that this is a contest that I have personal interest in. Back when I was UCJ president (2007 – 2008), my administration organised the first inert-university essay competition. Two wonderful ladies, Obianuju Okafor and Chinyere Chukwudi-Okeh, gave so much to the project. But it’s been held only one more time ever since. Personally, it is an honour for me to return to fund a project my colleagues and I gave so much to, back then.

Also, it is an opportunity to unearth a fantastic writer, to give someone that belief for the future that winning a contest like this can trigger. And, yeah, UCJ is a big part of me. My entire six-year stay in UI (for a five-year course) was defined by that organisation. So, as long as I am alive, I will always find a way to give back to the organisation. Always.

What was it like as a student journalist and member of UCJ? What are the experiences from that time that have shaped who you are today? That help in your work today?

It was crazy. I was studying Animal Science but I had a passion for journalism. I had to balance my press commitments with my academic life, but the press always took priority except during exams. I was notorious for abandoning lectures for press engagements. I learnt to strain myself to meet tight writing deadlines, and to generally deny myself of gratifications in order to become a better journalist day by day.

There were meetings upon meetings. We had lots of writing to do. We had to raise funds for projects. We had to issue press releases to speak for the people. We had to relate with the university authorities. And I had to relate with many people – at the levels of the executive council, the UCJ Senate, the Guild of Editors, the Congress. So I learnt a whole lot about human beings and the leadership process.

Of the lessons, let me pick just two. I learnt to work so very hard. I give my all to my job. I’ve been a pretty itinerant employee, so I’ve had a couple of bosses. None of them can fault me on commitment to my job. On anything else, maybe. But I work my socks off on any job, regardless of the remuneration.

Also, I learnt to have a big heart. It’s what leadership in campus journalism circles taught me. From being a member of UCJ to being news editor, editor-in-chief, and later president, I dealt with lots of people, and I learnt that no group of people will ever work together without bickering – no matter the camaraderie that exists among them. And a leader must have the big heart to forgive the mistake of others and move on, in the interest of work. In my work, I don’t keep grudges. I forgive very easily. I apologise easily when I’m wrong. I have little time for resentment. I don’t leave a job or part with people with acrimony because I am always focused on the positives.

If you could say one thing to a student journalist, what would it be?

Journalism is journalism. Campus journalism should be no less vibrant than mainstream journalism. Students should not run with the mentality that they’re involved in just a “campus thing”. I think they’d need this to raise the standard of the journalism I see on campus.

You are an editor with TheCable; and still work as a contributor with some platforms; what are the lessons from this experience this older Fisayo would teach the younger Fisayo?

The older Fisayo would tell the younger Fisayo that he probably should have tried harder to stay in print journalism immediately after NYSC. I did NYSC with TheGuardian but there was no opening afterwards. No hopes of recruitment and there was a long list of freelancers waiting for full-time employment and there was no hope that a recruitment would be conducted anytime soon. I had to take the most media-like of the offers I had. So I stayed on the fringes of journalism for a few years after that. Almost in obscurity. So it’s like I was gradually finding my way back when I joined TheCable last year. Like I am currently trying to make up for lost time. But then, I have no complaint because really, God has been good to my career.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 4:12am On Nov 18, 2015
Beautiful Nubia Headlines Artmosphere this Saturday

Foremost cultural event, Artmosphere will host “foremost” musician Segun Akinlolu also known as Beautiful Nubia, this Saturday.

The evening will commence with Blogger and Screenwriter, Seun Odukoya reading from his debut fiction, Saving Dapo. This will be followed by a series of readings, performances and conversations with Beautiful Nubia, singer, songwriter, poet and founder of Nigeria’s foremost contemporary folk and roots music group, the Roots Renaissance Band.

Writer, Gabriel Bamgbose will end the evening with selected readings from his debut poetry collection, “Something Happened After the Rain.” It will be a day of literary fun
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:16am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:17am On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 18, 2015
[size=13pt]Mimiko set to repair FG’s bad roads despite N7b indebtedness to state[/size]

DESPITE the cumulative debts by the Federal Government on roads repaired by Ondo State Government, Governor Olusegun Mimiko has promised to put up palliative measures to ease vehicular movement on the traumatic Akure-Ado Ekiti federal road.
While commenting on the state of infrastructure in the state at a stakeholders’ meeting in Lagos on Sunday, Mimiko dislosed that contractors had been mobilised to ensure completion of the Oba-Ile -Airport dual carriage way within the next three months.

He added that another road linking the recently opened Akure Shopping Mall on the Secretariat-Igbatoro road is being dualised from the Iyeomo Plaza road end of the capital city, through Parliament hotel-Arcade road, to the Mall.

Mimiko said that already, the state’s Asphalt Company has completed the drainage building on the road and should commence Asphalt laying this week.

He added that the same state’s road work company is being mobilised to put ameliorating measures on the Akure-Ado Ekiti road.

Although a federal road, Mimiko said the road is in dire need of attention as it is in a serious state of disrepair, stating that the state government opted to work on the road to soften its crushing effect on the people.

Mimiko said the Federal Government is at the moment owing the state about N7 billion, being money expended on the repair of federal roads in the state.

Meanwhile, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko has said that his administration has been able to institute and implement healthcare development programmes that have reduced the burden of diseases and mortality among the people of the state.

The governor made the declaration while declaring open the second Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference of the Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria in Akure.

Mimiko noted that his administration has transformed the state from having the worst health indices in the southwest zone of Nigeria to a globally recognised pacesetter in maternal and child healthcare.

He stressed further that the state government has also invested massively in wholesale health human capital development, noting that it has continued to facilitate sustained recruitment of key health personnel to bridge critical human resources gaps in hospitals and basic health centres in the state.

According to the governor, the University of Medical Sciences Ondo, which his administration established was to sustain and retain the health professionals who might wish to progress in their career.

He said: “The present administration has established the first of its kind Trauma and Surgical Centre to handle critical trauma and burn cases. The centre, together with the kidney care centre located in the same Medical Village aimed at reducing medical tourism from Nigeria to other countries.

“Thousands of pregnant women and children continued to benefit from these people-oriented programmes and they are already sign-posted as World Bank benchmarks for Africa on maternal and child healthcare.”
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 4:25am On Nov 18, 2015
Made in IB: Mary Temiloluwa Ajayi is MILEAD Fellow 2015

Mary Ajayi is a MILEAD 2015 Fellow. Confirmed. Congratulations. Mary–citizen of the world– is resident in Ibadan.

Maybe you are wondering what MILEAD is.

It is the abbreviation of Moremi Initiative for Women’s Leadership in Africa.

The MILEAD Fellows Program is a uniquely designed initiative committed to the long-term leadership development and promotion of Africa’s most promising young women leaders. Fellows go through a yearlong training and mentoring program, designed to build skills, strengthen networks, and support women’s leadership on critical issues.

Mary Temiloluwa Ajayi is one of the 26 final fellows who were selected after a rigorous process. She is the only Nigerian on the list! She will join the other fellows in Accra, Ghana to kick-start the 2015 MILEAD Leadership Institute- a three-week intensive training program- which will be hosted by the Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, Legon.

Congrats Mary. This is to a better you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.