Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (667354 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
CabbieAC:

I once spoke about this one of my previous comments, this PDP/APC nonsense are part of the problems we yorubas have. Yorubas will sabotage the efforts of fellow Yorubas because they don't support the same party. In ondo state for example, there is an OAU lecturer who refines untapped crude bitumen in Agbabu, Irele of Ondo State, to Cold Mix Asphalt but guess what he's APC chieftain in Ondo State and Ondo state is controlled by PDP.The same man gave the Ondo state government suggestions on how to manage the bitumen in Ondo state, till date we haven't heard anything

Yes, you are right. I know the Scientist.

One of our major problems in Yorubaland is sabotage(Abode or Igbeyinbeboje).

I noticed some Yoruba dudes have been avoiding this thread because they don't want to post anything that would annoy their paymasters.

The APC/PDP brouhaha is really sabotaging a lot of things. If you are not a member of their political party, they won't have anything to do with you no matter how good the idea is.

God deliver us from saboteurs aka sabo.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Emilokoiyawon: 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
CabbieAC:

I once spoke about this one of my previous comments, this PDP/APC nonsense are part of the problems we yorubas have. Yorubas will sabotage the efforts of fellow Yorubas because they don't support the same party. In ondo state for example, there is an OAU lecturer who refines untapped crude bitumen in Agbabu, Irele of Ondo State, to Cold Mix Asphalt but guess what he's APC chieftain in Ondo State and Ondo state is controlled by PDP.The same man gave the Ondo state government suggestions on how to manage the bitumen in Ondo state, till date we haven't heard anything

cool Aareonan
+
The ONLY way to change politicians is to make them suffer severely in the polls. I will classify the need to strengthen our political system under Short-term/immediate goals. We have Sowere's SaharaTV model (very instrumental in exposing GJ incompetence and consequent ouster) as a model will can bring to bear on SW politics. Also, we should study America's conservative REDSTATE model - which using its website, forum and gathering to push the Republican Party farther to the right - leading to the primaryING of candidates who fail their litmus test on Conservativism. Of course, to kick-start, we have to find a way to inform and engage Yorubas on the ground. Anyone with ideas on how this can be done should respond accordingly.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Loool.

How come the only four Nigerians listed as African American inventors and the three fellows of IEEE Computer Society of Nigerian descent are Yorubas? grin

Darn!! My folks are freaking too intelligent...dammit!!! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
CabbieAC:

I once spoke about this in one of my previous comments. [b]This PDP/APC nonsense are part of the problems we yorubas have. Yorubas will sabotage the efforts of fellow Yorubas because they don't support the same party. In ondo state for example, there is an OAU lecturer who refines untapped crude bitumen in Agbabu, Irele of Ondo State, to Cold Mix Asphalt but guess what, he's an APC chieftain in Ondo State and Ondo state is controlled by PDP.The same man gave the Ondo state government suggestions on how to manage the bitumen in Ondo state, till date we haven't heard anything[/b]

A very major problem, over-sophistication killing niggas since 1966.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
zimoni:

One of our major problems in Yorubaland is sabotage (Abode or Igbeyinbeboje).

I noticed some Yoruba dudes have been avoiding this thread because they don't want to post anything that would annoy their paymasters.

The APC/PDP brouhaha is really sabotaging a lot of things. If you are not a member of their political party, they won't have anything to do with you no matter how good the idea is.

Alale oni je ki wan d'ale.

Awon jegudu jera.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
9jacrip:

Alale oni je ki wan d'ale.

Awon jegudu jera.

Ase gun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Aareonan
+
The ONLY way to change politicians is to make them suffer severely in the polls. I will classify the need to strengthen our political system under Short-term/immediate goals. We have Sowere's SaharaTV model (very instrumental in exposing GJ incompetence and consequent ouster) as a model will can bring to bear on SW politics. Also, we should study America's conservative REDSTATE model - which using its website, forum and gathering to push the Republican Party farther to the right - leading to the primaryING of candidates who fail their litmus test on Conservativism. Of course, to kick-start, we have to find a way to inform and engage Yorubas on the ground. Anyone with ideas on how this can be done should respond accordingly.

How will you make them suffer severely in the polls when its still one of those two parties you will vote for.Its like spinning around the same pole.If you don't vote PDP, Is it KOWA you will vote for?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:
cool Ultimately, we have to approach this on TWO different fronts.

1) Short-term/immediate goals: design and implement models that would enhance our (Yorubas) development in the current Nigerian structure. The good news is that we don't have to (for the most part, I believe) reinvent the wheel in advancing (as best as its possible within today's Nigeria) our region. How can things be better than what they are now for us? Politically? Economically? In education? Infrastructure etc. I believe there are models around the world that we can borrow from to make this possible.

2)Long-term goal: Here an independent Oduduwa Nation is the goal or at the very least a very independent South-West in a regional Nigeria. No matter how successful we become under the present Nigerian structure, we will always fall victim to mass migration of our region from the our less fortunate Nigerian neighbors. The Igbos have been doing this for decades, and now we see how even the Fulani-herdsmen are increasingly finding their way into the center of our abode. Until we are able to control migration from non-Yoruba enclaves, we will always be limited in our ability to stand out. As more and more non-Yorubas flood daily into the SW our culture (especially Ede Yooba) will continue to suffer the consequence.

I see passion for Yoruba in your post.

Eni ma tun ori omo tuntun se o kin jina si,

Eni ma tun atupa se o kin ji na si,

Eni to ba ma tun nkan to ku die k'ito ni ile aye yin se o ni jina si yin o egbon mi.

I still think the way to achieve the short and long term goals (I believe we should pursue both) but before it can be a success, loyalty to party has to be made secondary. People have to sensitized to put Yoruba first, no matter what.

Afenifere and the militant arm, the OPC need to re-invent themselves and their membership.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emilokoiyawon as per short term and long term goals, Regional Autonomy should be short term while an independent Yoruba nation should be our long term goal

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Emilokoiyawon: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
CabbieAC:

How will you make them suffer severely in the polls when its still one of those two parties you will vote for.Its like spinning around the same pole.If you don't vote PDP, Is it KOWA you will vote for?

We do this by taking control of the NOMINATION (PRIMARY) process.See the REDSTATE model I suggested. It doesn't matter what party it is, if we take control of the nomination process of both parties the identity of the winning party becomes irrelevant, since 'our' candidate will be elected. Its very similar to the American Israeli policy where the president candidate, either GOP or Democrat, can ONLY be elected if he is sanctioned by the American-Israeli coalition. This can be done. It has been done. It is nothing new.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
IlekeHD:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2997773_twimg20151025141252_pngec0ed147201991406f8d3c368cfc0b1f

What do you guys think about this?

Not too encouraging. hopefully it gets better
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Emilokoiyawon: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
9jacrip:

I see passion for Yoruba in your post.

Eni ma tun ori omo tuntun se o kin jina si,

Eni ma tun atupa se o kin ji na si,

Eni to ba ma tun nkan to ku die k'ito ni ile aye yin se o ni jina si yin o egbon mi.

I still think the way to achieve the short and long term goals (I believe we should pursue both) but before it can be a success, loyalty to party has to be made secondary. People have to sensitized to put Yoruba first, no matter what.

Afenifere and the militant arm, the OPC need to re-invent themselves and their membership.

cool O ri e pe jare. A kin fi oju oloju si owo ka je re. Our culture, our challenges, our solutions. To se ye ko ri ni yen.

See my post on the REDSTATE model which can be a start in addressing the problem of blind party loyalty.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Emilokoiyawon: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
IlekeHD:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2997773_twimg20151025141252_pngec0ed147201991406f8d3c368cfc0b1f

What do you guys think about this?

cool I see acres of room for improvement. Yet another opportunity for the Yoruba-nation (as it were) to cloak itself in glory. Anyone from Ekiti who will like to help us get a full picture on what is really going on on the ground?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

cool I see acres of room for improvement. Yet another opportunity for the Yoruba-nation (as it were) to cloak itself in glory. Anyone from Ekiti who will like to help us get a full picture on what is really going on on the ground?

Okutanla and tonytony208 promised us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Emilokoiyawon: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
CabbieAC:
Emilokoiyawon as per short term and long term goals, Regional Autonomy should be short term and Sovereignty should be our long term goal

cool I have no problem with that. As long as we get to work on all fronts. Immediate, short-term and long-term goals.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
9jacrip:

The emboldened makes a lot of sense.
Many Yoruba think they have a good relationship with the Hausa or that Yoruba and Hausa share a good level of understanding when it comes to the scheme of how Nigeria goes. To me, the fact is, Igbo people given their non-cordial relationship with the North are the reason the Hausa can look to Yoruba for connivance against the Igbo. Once they're able to exit, you'll see things go down the drain fast with the Yoruba Hausa lovers.

The second emboldened is becoming replicated in the Swest. Yoruba, even from the same states picking different destinies and different goals rather than have a common one.

The Hausa/Fulani alignment is just a political one and with the way those who're part of that alignment are being cheated...I honestly doubt it will last long, to be honest.

Yorubas are just everywhere. They have a faction that worship Igbos and are scared that if Igbos were to leave the union, their lives would automatically be miserable cos of probably the primeval nollywood movies they watch or the cheap and substandard China manufactured Igbo goods they buy. Then you have got the ones who think revenues can be generated only via the oil wealth and without the oil wealth Yorubas are doomed. And finally, the ones who believe they would go hungry without food from the North. That's how utterly ridiculous, shallow, and unintelligent a lot of these folks are. This is just my personal observation.

The funniest thing is that: Yorubas can easily replace all these things in no time. However, these folks are just too mentally lazy to think ahead and have the foresight that it's greener on the other side. At least a Yoruba country would grow exponentially and folks would be able to do things - without the shackles that come with the Nigerian quagmire. As for Nigeria, its ceiling will never be higher than what South Africa is today, developmentally (I honestly doubt Nigeria will ever be as developed as South Africa, especially with the crazy population growth and unstable oil prices).

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
CabbieAC:

I once spoke about this in one of my previous comments. This PDP/APC nonsense are part of the problems we yorubas have. Yorubas will sabotage the efforts of fellow Yorubas because they don't support the same party. In ondo state for example, there is an OAU lecturer who refines untapped crude bitumen in Agbabu, Irele of Ondo State, to Cold Mix Asphalt but guess what, he's an APC chieftain in Ondo State and Ondo state is controlled by PDP.The same man gave the Ondo state government suggestions on how to manage the bitumen in Ondo state, till date we haven't heard anything
This was the same thing that stalled the Olokola Free Trade Zone in Ogun and Ondo state. It was a project which would have been of immense benefit to the the entire Yoruba nation. It involves the construction of a deep sea port, an Oil refinery, a petrochemical, fertiliser, and ammonia plant. The investors who were to handle the project had to abandon it just because Governor Amosun(ACN) and Governor Mimiko(LP) couldnt reach a consensus

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

cool O ri e pe jare. A kin fi oju oloju si owo ka je re. Our culture, our challenges, our solutions. To se ye ko ri ni yen.

See my post on the REDSTATE model which can be a start in addressing the problem of blind party loyalty.

I will have to read up on the REDSTATE model to get a better grasp of what it entails and I'll get back to you on it sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Emilokoiyawon: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
ProfShymex:

The Hausa/Fulani alignment is just a political one and with the way those who're part of that alignment are being cheated...I honestly doubt it will last long, to be honest.

Yorubas are just everywhere. They have a faction that worship Igbos and are scared that if Igbos were to leave the union, their lives would automatically be miserable cos of probably the primeval nollywood movies they watch or the cheap and substandard China manufactured Igbo goods they buy. Then you have got the ones who think revenues can be generated only via the oil wealth and without the oil wealth Yorubas are doomed. And finally, the ones who believe they would go hungry with food from the North. That's how utterly ridiculous, shallow, and unintelligent a lot of these folks are. This is just my personal observation.

The funniest thing is that: Yorubas can easily replace all these things in no time. However, these folks are just too mentally lazy to think ahead and have the foresight that it's greener on the other side. At least a Yoruba country would grow exponentially and folks would be able to do things - without the shackles that come with the Nigerian quagmire. As for Nigeria, its ceiling will never be higher than what South Africa is today, developmentally (I honestly doubt Nigeria will ever be as developed as South Africa, especially with the crazy population growth and unstable oil prices).

cool Interesting observation. However, whatever the case maybe we don't need to worry too much about the mentally lazy folks as long as they are not in position of power. All we got to do is rid our leadership of them. Put leadership in the hands of visionary, proactive, pro-Yoruba men and women. When the masses begin to see the results of the socio-political reorientation then they will gladly fall in line, and bid farewell to their Igbo/Fulani love affair.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
CabbieAC:

Not too encouraging. hopefully it gets better

Not encouraging at all.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

Time to take our governors to task.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Emilokoiyawon: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
cool Am off for a break but before I leave I will like to make (what I believe to be) a crucial suggestion.

On how to TRANSFER our ONLINE(FORUM) solutions/presence into PRACTICAL solutions on the GROUND in the SW.

I have a few ideas that I will be discussing as soon as I am able. Anyone with other solutions should also chime in.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
ProfShymex:

Yorubas are just everywhere. They have a faction that worship Igbos and are scared that if Igbos were to leave the union, their lives would automatically be miserable cos of probably the primeval nollywood movies they watch or the cheap and substandard China manufactured Igbo goods they buy. Then you have got the ones who think revenues can be generated only via the oil wealth and without the oil wealth Yorubas are doomed. And finally, the ones who believe they would go hungry without food from the North. That's how utterly ridiculous, shallow, and unintelligent a lot of these folks are. This is just my personal observation.

I once asked this random Yoruba guy who falls into this category why he doesn't support an independent Yoruba nation, the fffooool told me because his girlfriend is Igbo grin cheesy

I said bro "YOU ARE MMMAAAAD!"

We're talking about the future of the Yoruba nation, fool was telling me he doesn't support it because of one yam-legged mawffugah

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Interesting observation. However, whatever the case maybe we don't need to worry too much about the mentally lazy folks as long as they are not in position of power. All we got to do is rid our leadership of them. Put leadership in the hands of visionary, proactive, pro-Yoruba men and women. When the masses begin to see the results of the socio-political reorientation then they will gladly fall in line, and bid farewell to their Igbo/Fulani love affair.

However, the problem today is bigger than leadership. The followers are just as mentally lazy as the leaders and would sing praises of non-achievements. And once you have a situation like that, leaders would become lackadaisical in their approach.

How do we educate folks that you don't need other folks to order things from China and that they can always do that themselves? Heck, with the internet - you can order containers of goods from China with just a click off alibaba, aliexpress, DHgate etc..

How do we educate folks that Yorubas don't even need the oil wealth in the Niger Delta region to thrive? I believe there's oil and bitumen in Ondo, and if they can explore the coast of Lagos and Ogun waterside properly - those areas should have more than enough oil. And there are other resources in Yorubaland. A well structured and managed Yorubaland should be able to generate 10 times what all the Yoruba states get from Nigeria combined in no time.

How do we educate folks that Yorubas have more than enough lands for agriculture to feed Yoruba folks and even export a lot?

Etc..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'm surprised no one noticed how a lot of the Yoruba folks I posted have dreads on their heads and no one asked me why. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
ProfShymex:

Of course it won't, it never does but Igbo is a no go area and these Northerners have no problem working with the Igbo if they can find a common ground. The Northerners' relationship with other groups is like that of a man with two wives, he switches when his purpose can be served with any willing partner.

Of course, Nigeria can never develop beyond what it is.
Too many factors pointing to this obvious situation. The country itself is on auto-pilot as well as its many institutions who just run - employ/occupy then retire/vacate with nothing different happening and when something arises, they quickly patch it as usual. Nigeria was not designed to satisfy every party, it has been a country running with hopes to fix every error along the way.

You killed me with the emboldened but it is the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
ProfShymex:
I'm surprised no one noticed how a lot of the Yoruba folks I posted have dreads on their heads and no one asked me why. grin

Why? Please tell the House ooooo.

I observed many of those dudes have dreads.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

We dont need to have parallels. DAWN is a great initiative and a forum for cooperation and alingment in the commonwealth. Before we start new things how about getting updates on what we already had going and ask "where are we on DAWN"?

Alright!
that's impressive grin I really need to check out this dawn.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
What's going on?

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
These GDP figures prove we're really lagging behind Haba! just look at the gap between Lagos and other south-west states,Look at rivers state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SUBWAY101(m): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
zimoni:

One of our major problems in Yorubaland is sabotage(Abode or Igbeyinbeboje).

Lmaoo. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.