Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (70988 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Krayola(m): 12:04am On Jul 03, 2009
@ follypimpi. I'm ready for u. My id is Tourboh. Add me to ur list cause i dont have a clue. which lobby?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Krayola(m): 12:09am On Jul 03, 2009
biina:

Was that a rhetorical question?  cheesy
Fan of los merengues all the way!!!!!
Hala Madrid!!! grin

Damn, I thought u had good taste. I'm highly disappointed. *spits hardcore phlegm*
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 1:32am On Jul 03, 2009
Krayola:

Damn, I thought u had good taste. I'm highly disappointed. *spits hardcore phlegm*
Like good wine, being a fan of madrid is an acquired taste for the sophisticate grin

but no worry you go swallow ur spit when we whoop your asses. Sauron seems to be preparing your mind already for a thorough ass whooping of your team. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by presido1: 7:45am On Jul 03, 2009
Mancs is this true or another story from them tabloids.  Does this guy has anything to contribute to United?
Is SAF making a mistake? How can we lose CR7 and Apache only to replace them with another SAHA.
I mean we have Owen H already why add another injury to the team.
Will he be another Cantona? Only time will tell if this news is to be real.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2514475/Owen-in-United-deal.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by HNIC(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2009
presido1:

Mancs is this true or another story from them tabloids. Does this guy has anything to contribute to United?
Is SAF making a mistake? How can we lose CR7 and Apache only to replace them with another SAHA.
I mean we have Owen H already why add another injury to the team.
Will he be another Cantona? Only time will tell if this news is to be real.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2514475/Owen-in-United-deal.html

Is Fergie getting so desperate?
Why Owen
Why not Fowler,Baros or Aghahowa grin grin
Why not moi grin
It had better be tabloids messing with us again.but its the SUN, official manure newspaper
It just cannot be true.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2009
Absolutely perfect. . . . . . i hope this is true and UTD are really tryna sign him!
I'm cool with just about anybody that we don't have to break the banks for!!

shocked shocked shocked are u saying UTD have been reduced to just buying anybody?
and what problem do you have with splashing the money anyhow?
are we a financial institution or a football club?
we dont need the cash in the vaults, we need the cash to get the good players
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2009
tkb417:

shocked shocked shocked are u saying UTD have been reduced to just buying anybody?
and what problem do you have with splashing the money anyhow?
are we a financial institution or a football club?
we dont need the cash in the vaults, we need the cash to get the good players

Nna eeh this is looking bad and i am not finding it funny. . . . for bleeps sake who is sitting on the 80m quid?
From chasing Benzema to a terrible gamble in Owen. . . . are we a stoke city in disguise?
What happened to David Villa, Silva, Huntelaar. . even if na Gignac but hell no not Owen!!!!
Well lets see how true this is first. . . . . but i no go lie, SAF has been an Owen admirer. . .remember the 2007/08 pre-season before we got Tevez, there were rumours he wanted to sign Owen and Anelka then!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Why are we made to look desperate? Well lets see if Owen is bad cos of the quality of the team or has lost it totally.

HNIC:

Why Owen
Why not moi grin
It had better be tabloids messing with us again.but its the SUN, official manure newspaper
It just cannot be true.

Signing Silvestre from Man U was a pure EFCC case tongue tongue
I thought Wenger had taste but alas!!!!!
Thats pure yahoo yahoo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by presido1: 9:11am On Jul 03, 2009
HNIC:

Why Owen
Why not moi grin
It just cannot be true.
This is not Tabloid anymore, the dude did some medical on his knee yesterday and will complete the medical today ahead of the move.
This is real gamble i hope it works out like Cantona, Sheringham and others.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tocdee(m): 9:49am On Jul 03, 2009
As a Liverpool fan I'm angry with Owen for betraying the club AGAIN! He left for Madrid for money amidst pleas from the fans. Got wrecked there and returned to obscurity with Newcastle. Now he shows NO respect for his boyhood club by joining the scum of the earth.

On the bright side, he'll only make the scum worse! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Moonstone(f): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2009
I am just going to sit down and watch Fergie make Man U as useless as can be. . . all of a sudden, Man U is a club no one wants to join even after such success. If he messes up next season for me, I will never forgive him. It's his last year as a coach (if all goes according to plan). He better use it wisely.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2009
I'd like to believe Louis SAha's locker is still available. This should be the highest paid medical bill in history.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2009
did medicals ke?
abi SAF dey crase?
hmm, this na bad owen omen angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by justkunmi(m): 10:17am On Jul 03, 2009
@united.peeps

Looks.like.Mickey.is.going.to.join.United.later.today.provided.he.passes.a.medical. .

To.me.this.is.a.very.very.welcomed.development. A.very.smart.move.from.Fergie. This.move. .if.completed.would.be.totally.risk.free.and.doesnt.disturb.Fergie's.plans.of.getting.other.players.

Mickey.is.coming.on.a.free.transfer.meaning.we.are.not.paying.anybody.for.him.
Also.he.is.looking.at.getting.20.to.40k.a.week.as.against.the.110k.a.week.he.gets.at.Newscatle.
The.deal.is.laced.with.alot.of.performance.related.bonuses. He's.getting.a.pay.as.you.play.deal. So.no.pressure.on.United.watsoever.
And.this.dude.would.not.mind.being.on.the.bench.cos.he.knows.he's.behind.Rooney.and.Berbatov.in.the.pecking.order.
And.his.experience.counts. Former.Real.Madrid.and, Liverpool.striker.
Jus.look.at.like.the.Henrik.Larsson.deal.we.had. .

This.is.beautiful.business. No.money.spent.on.getting.him. . .and.we're.getting.extra.cover.for.our.strikers.

No.worries.United.fans.
Jus.read.Fergie's.about.getting.Luis.Fabiano.and.Sergio.'kun.Aguero. .

On.the.Mickey.transfer. . .spot.on.
Nice.business.and.footballing.move.

Looking.forward.to.seeing.him.play,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2009
@united.peeps

Looks.like.Mickey.is.going.to.join.United.later.today.provided.he.passes.a.medical. .

To.me.this.is.a.very.very.welcomed.development. A.very.smart.move.from.Fergie. This.move. .if.completed.would.be.totally.risk.free.and.doesnt.disturb.Fergie's.plans.of.getting.other.players.

Mickey.is.coming.on.a.free.transfer.meaning.we.are.not.paying.anybody.for.him.
Also.he.is.looking.at.getting.20.to.40k.a.week.as.against.the.110k.a.week.he.gets.at.Newscatle.
The.deal.is.laced.with.alot.of.performance.related.bonuses. He's.getting.a.pay.as.you.play.deal. So.no.pressure.on.United.watsoever.
And.this.dude.would.not.mind.being.on.the.bench.cos.he.knows.he's.behind.Rooney.and.Berbatov.in.the.pecking.order.
And.his.experience.counts. Former.Real.Madrid.and, Liverpool.striker.
Jus.look.at.like.the.Henrik.Larsson.deal.we.had. .

This.is.beautiful.business. No.money.spent.on.getting.him. . .and.we're.getting.extra.cover.for.our.strikers.

No.worries.United.fans.
Jus.read.Fergie's.about.getting.Luis.Fabiano.and.Sergio.'kun.Aguero. .

On.the.Mickey.transfer. . .spot.on.
Nice.business.and.footballing.move.

Looking.forward.to.seeing.him.play,

this is a joke aite?
msut we buy a cheapskate?
whats happening to my our money grin grin 80 mills
you dont win anything cheap. SAF doesnt want to win anythin this year with this moronic move
people are buying ribery, benzema and co we are getting another saha
are we not going to play in the same UCL
besides, we lost 2 good players and all we could get is owen as replacement!

Just like Jesus said on the cross of calvary
it is finished grin grin

when is the 2010/2011 season starting grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 10:28am On Jul 03, 2009
Owen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy grin
pathetic. . . . . A striker who cant put the ball in the back of an empty net is now been courted by Manchester United shocked grin cheesy
Wonders . . . . . . "out of this world wonders"
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by jaybee3(m): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2009
Owen's record speak for itself plus we are getting him on the free so no wahala.
An extra addition if it happens to the formidable squad is always welcomed IMO.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2009
Moonstone:

I am just going to sit down and watch Fergie make Man U as useless as can be. . . all of a sudden, Man U is a club no one wants to join even after such success. If he messes up next season for me, I will never forgive him. It's his last year as a coach (if all goes according to plan). He better use it wisely.
are u going to sack him? who says its his last year as coach
he'll still be here in 3 years

Owen's record speak for itself plus we are getting him on the free so no wahala.
i dont like what ure saying o angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2009
jay bee:

Hahahahahahah. . . . . .I-laugh in Swahili like the NL-certified retard, TUMFULU! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by jaybee3(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2009
tkb417:

i dont like what ure saying o angry
Free transfer, pay as you play deal, 40K a week is a def winner.
This guy will get about 10 goals a season if he receives the right services. He will score more goals than tevez did as he his more like andy cole, pipo inzhagi
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by jaybee3(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

Hahahahahahah. . . . . .I-laugh in Swahili like the NL-certified retard, TUMFULU! grin
You can even laugh in japanese brashy. At least we are getting someone with a proven record. No new born babies on the market for you gayners to steal so the waiting game continues for y'all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 03, 2009
jay bee:

jay bee:

This guy will get about 10 goals a season if he receives the right services. He will score more goals than tevez did as he his more like andy cole, pipo inzhagi

that is if you can get him off the doctor's bed.
dude gets sidelined for breaking a nail or losing a strand of hair
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2009
jay bee:

Definitely not a winner for a dud
Someone who cant even self-service his own coc.k! shocked grin cheesy grin
Owen is past it. . . . .Sylvan Ebanks Blake is a milli miles better
He can score goals and he will accept 10k a week to play for United again! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 10:52am On Jul 03, 2009
that is if you can get him off the doctor's bed.
dude gets sidelined for breaking a nail or losing a strand of hair

exactly
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by justkunmi(m): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2009
Tkb
Look.at.it.this.way. .
We.are.getting.a.player.FREE.OF.CHARGE. .
His.weekly.wages.is.between.20.and.40k. Less.than.half.of.his.Newcastle.pay. .
He.gets.say.an.average.of.15.games.in.the.EPL. He.score.like.7.to.10.goals. .

And.most.importantly. . HE.IS.NOT.A.REPLACEMENT.FOR.RONALDO.AND.TEVEZ.

Look.at.him.as.an.extra.cover.for.the.main.players. He.is.not.getting.paid.if.he.doesnt.play.
So.pressure.watsoever.on.Fergie.

And.if.you've.been.following.the.news. . We.are.in.pole.position.to.get.Fabiano.and.Aguero.
So.Fergie.is.not.resting.on.Owen.as.a.striker. He.is.buying.real.players. Mickey.is.just.cover.

No.sweat.peoplezzzz. .

Infact. .Mickey's.move.is.more.exciting.than.that.Valencia.dude. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 11:01am On Jul 03, 2009
I'd be surprised if he accepts a wage so low. shocked

£40k per week?? Even Eboue must earn as much as that. grin grin grin

I guess this must be a case of stooping to conquer. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by mukina2: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2009
Owen Hargreaves - Doctor's Bed

Micheal Owen - Doctor's Bed

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by justkunmi(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2009
@debo
He'ld.accept.anything.Fergie.givess.him.

He's.giving.him.a.chance.to.win.the.EPL,FA Cup, Carling Cup.and.most.importantly, he'll.play.Champions.League.football.
At.his.age.and.present.conditions. .he.cant.get.a.better.deal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2009
I don't agree JK, it's not that good a deal, but anyways, having Utd on your CV is no bad thing.

Let's hope he gets better but doesn't score. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Ibime(m): 11:56am On Jul 03, 2009
@ Sauron and Dr Kit,

How much improvement did Henry and Trezeguet have to make to go from sub-20 goalscorers (league goals) to plus-20 goalscorers in the space of a couple of seasons?

How about Anelka who could only notch 10 goals in two seasons @ PSG. Were Ronaldinho and Okocha not feeding him?

I insist that anyone who pops 30 goals plus in France is made of something, the odd exception not withstanding (Guivarch etc).

There is a reason why France is the lowest scoring league in Europe. Unlike the headless chickens available in the EPL, DM's in France actually know how to protect their back-four.

Relative nonentities in France have proved to be great DMs and CMs in other countries: Keita, Diarra, Makelele, Flamini, Song, Petit etc etc etc

Relative nonentities in France have proved to be International class defenders in the EPL: Bassong, Gallas, Evra, Sagna, Herita Ilunga, Pascal Chimbonda etc. . . . all these guys are a dime a dozen in France.

France is the league with the most black players, the fastest African-blooded motherphockers who can cover 100 metres in 10 seconds flat, therefore space is at a premium in French League. . . . anyone who can find enough space to pop 30 goals in a season is talented, no doubt, especially a player who is not a "Fox in the box" like Guivarch, Pauleta, Steve Savidan etc, but one who does most of his work outside the box like Benzema.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by khanye(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2009
[size=14pt]Report: Michael Owen Agrees Personal Terms With Manchester United[/size]

[b]Various reports have today confirmed that Michael Owen, Newcastle United and Real Madrid's former diminutive goal poacher, is currently undergoing a medical at Manchester United as personal terms have already been struck.

Sir Alex Ferguson has extended Owen an olive branch after it was widely expected that the former England international's career was on the decline due to a series of injury-ravaged spells.

According to a report in The Sun, Ferguson expressed an interest in Owen, who was the subject of a marketing brochure offered to multiple clubs, on Tuesday. The tabloid claims United are offering the 29-year-old £50,000 per week, which also includes bonuses for appearances and goals. Other reports, though, intimate that the deal will be no greater than a play-as-you-play contract.
Prior to United's interest, Owen had only been linked with more modest clubs such as Hull City and Stoke City; both of whom had been competing in England's Championship (level two) the season before last.

One source "close to Owen" is reported to have told The Sun, "It's incredible that one day Michael was contemplating a move to Hull and now Manchester United have come in.

"This is just the boost he needed and now he is hoping that everything can be agreed."
Manchester United are yet to release an official comment regarding the situation.[/b]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2009
Ibime:

@ Sauron and Dr Kit,
How much improvement did Henry and Trezeguet have to make to go from sub-20 goalscorers (league goals) to plus-20 goalscorers in the space of a couple of seasons?
How about Anelka who could only notch 10 goals in two seasons @ PSG. Were Ronaldinho and Okocha not feeding him?

How old were Anelka and Thierry Henry when they were in France?
Ronaldinho was a waste of space at PSG.  Bartholomew Ogbeche wouldn't even let him start league games.
Dinho improved when he joined Barcelona. . . . . .

I insist that anyone who pops 30 goals plus in France is made of something, the odd exception not withstanding (Guivarch etc).
There is a reason why France is the lowest scoring league in Europe. Unlike the headless chickens available in the EPL, DM's in France actually know how to protect their back-four.

The only reason the France have the lowest scoring league is because quality strikers are scarce in that league.
90% of the players there are nonentities. . . . . .Lets be honest, who watches the French League.
How many players in the French league have played in the Champions League final in the past 5 seasons?
How many of them have done well in International tournaments or even named in the top 3 of the grand football awards?
There you go. . . . . . .

Relative nonentities in France have proved to be great DMs and CMs in other countries: Keita, Diarra, Makelele, Flamini, Song, Petit etc etc etc
Relative nonentities in France have proved to be International class defenders in the EPL: Bassong, Gallas, Evra, Sagna, Herita Ilunga, Pascal Chimbonda etc. . . . all these guys are a dime a dozen in France.

See the explanation above.
Playing in France makes em nonentities. . . . . .as soon as they move into any of the big leagues in Europe(EPL/La Liga/Serie A), they become known.
Can you compare SPURS to Lens or PSG?

France is the league with the most black players, the fastest African-blooded motherphockers who can cover 100 metres in 10 seconds flat, therefore space is at a premium in French League. . . . anyone who can find enough space to pop 30 goals in a season is talented, no doubt, especially a player who is not a "Fox in the box" like Guivarch, Pauleta, Steve Savidan etc, but one who does most of his work outside the box like Benzema.

I cannot count the number of times clubs in the Premiership have gone to France to beat em bluish-blackish.
African-blooded motherphockers my left butt cheek. . . . . .Liverpool destroyed Marseille home n away last season(where were the African blooded zombies when Benitez was killing em)? I remember Liverpool beating Marseille 4-0 in France in 2007/8 as well in the same season they destroyed Toulouse in the pre-qualifying Champions League tie.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2009
Owen is a good buy!

For me i fink he needs good players and assist to knock him back to form and he will get that at UTD!

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100)

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.