Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra (51907 Views)

100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / AFFORDABLE Land AND HOUSES FOR SALE @ IBEJU LEKKI, IKORODU, SHIMAWA, OTA ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nollyvin(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Bros are u from Isuochi? That's my town n it has boundary with almost the whole eastern states.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2015
sweatlana:
This is one thing I love about the Igbos. Once they attain wealth the help out their brother

God bless u sir. Widows from that region really suffer...
please stop getting overtly emotional and sentimental and lying. this man is a very rare igbo man. no igbo man attains wealth and helps his brother. if all igbo men attained wealth and helped their brother the 5 igbo states will be like heaven now. igbos like to oppress each other. thats the truth. if everybody is rich then there is no one to oppress right ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2015
This is staunchly unbelievable, wish we have more of people like him in this country. All we have is some group of professional oles whom the ignorant hail as saints and heros

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Masterclass32: 9:30am On Oct 24, 2015
At least the man is building his pharmaceutical company in Igboland.

May God continue to bless him.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Kennydoc(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2015
Yeske2:
Not forgetting Rivers state from the Ogbaru axis to the southwest.

I will one day be like this man

You're right. It skipped my mind. Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by kwenu: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2015
i caused the widow's heart to sing for joy

The Lord grant you the blessings of job
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by God2man(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2015
patrick89:
Is that all? Punch is a useless tabloid! Why did they wrie only 1/4 of this man did in his home town!
For those of you who don't know, this man is building a 14 storey in his home town, pharmaceutical company, he sponsors over 400 law students and other field of study,
He built two standard secondary schools with teachers quater! He bulk two churches with the priest building, gave them cars.
He constructed dual carriageway in his home town..
This man is sending most of his kinsmen abroad for studies..
I urge any other media house to visit this town and see wonders!! This man is a God sent! I don't think the op captured it.

Wonderful.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

You reason like a kindergarten pupil. Was there Nigeria before the Igbos started living in Igbo land? If no, how then does the land belong to Nigeria?

When people divorce, they leave with their properties.
the igbos do not own the land. do your history. the igbos migrated to that land about two thousand years ago from the israel / iraq region. you are from the north-eastern part of africa. you migrated to west africa when the romans under general vaspaisian and titus took over the world and started kicking your ass because they wanted your land for themselves, then you ran into the interiors of africa and settled in igbo-land. so you are migrants to the land. the land does not belong to you
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by pazienza(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2015
Kennydoc:

You must pass through Imo, when you're going through the major roads,but they have border communities that share a common boundary.
Anambra shares boundaries with Enugu (to the east), Imo (to the south), Abia (to the southeast), Kogi (to the North) and Delta or River Niger (to the west).

You mustnt pass through Imo. You can get to Orumba south Anambra from Enugu by stopping at Lelu junction along Enugu- PH road, then from Leru( Leru is in Umuchieze Abia state, Umuchieze share direct boundary with Awgu LGA of Enugu state along the Enugu -PH. Express road) junction to Isuochi, and from Isuochi to Owerre Ezukala( Which is Orumba south Anambra) from Owerre Ezukala you get to Umuchukwu( aka Nkerehi).

Alternatively, you stop at Leru junction, get to Eziama( another Abia community) then from Eziama direct to Umuchukwu through a tarred road network connecting the two towns.

Eziama though in Abia, share direct boundary with the Orumba anambra towns of Umuchukwu, Ogbunka and Umunze.

Another option is through the Onitsha- Enugu express road to Awhrun( pardon my spelling) town in Oji river LGA of Enugu, Awhrun share a boundary with Mbala Isuochi, once you get to Isuochi, you find your way to Owerri Ezukala Which is Orumba Anambra.

The whole of Igboland is interconnected, Nigeria states mean nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Kelechi2020(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2015
Adelaide2:

Good gesture. But Abia and Anambra are not contiguous. No physical boundaries btw them. To get to Abia from Anambra, u must pass thru Imo.

MY brother there is so many boundary link between abia and anambra..... Arochukwu is the first.... They have a boundary with umunze in anambra
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Masterclass32:
At least the man is building his pharmaceutical company in Igboland.

May God continue to bless him.
Anambra is littered with indigenous Pharmaceutical industries!. A lot are coming up in Awka, Nando, Onitsha, Ogidi,Umunya, Umuoji,Nkpor etc!

8 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Kennydoc(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2015
pazienza:

You mustnt pass through Imo. You can get to Orumba south Anambra from Enugu by stopping at Lelu junction along Enugu- PH road, then from Leru( Leru is in Umuchieze Abia state, Umuchieze share direct boundary with Awgu LGA of Enugu state along the Enugu -PH. Express road) junction to Isuochi, and from Isuochi to Owerre Ezukala( Which is Orumba south Anambra) from Owerre Ezukala you get to Umuchukwu( aka Nkerehi).

Alternatively, you stop at Leru junction, get to Eziama( another Abia community) then from Eziama direct to Umuchukwu through a tarred road network connecting the two towns.

Eziama though in Abia, share direct boundary with the Orumba anambra towns of Umuchukwu, Ogbunka and Umunze.

The whole of Igboland is interconnected, Nigeria states mean nothing.

Nkowa gi nke a amaka. Daalu.

But notice I said you must pass through Imo state when you're going through the major roads. Okay, well it shouldn't really be must, though. But the route you described doesn't fall in the category of major roads.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by deramarks(f): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
no, you will be a Godly person. yoruba and igbo are wicked people generally. they only think of themselves. so this act by this man is very rare for an igbo or a yoruba man. oh you thought i was on a tribal rant ? oh no, i am on a realistic rant. i am yoruba by the way. wink
. Asif I don't know ddat u re yoruba lolzz stop winkin at me jhoor I don't like it whn pple wink @ me e use to pain meee
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:39am On Oct 24, 2015
Yujin:

You are right by saying only Godly people carryout such grand gestures but I think Igbos have been more philanthropic than the Yorubas. There are many Igbos who have done a lot to uplift their communities than any other tribes in Nigeria. You wouldn't have heard of him if not for punch. Very silent contribution- my type of person. Note you can disagree with me by telling us of philanthropic Yorubas you know and their contributions either to their host communities or their homes of origin. I'm not in contest with you.
so why are millions of people escaping from igbo-land everyday ? please come again with a different story. no fantasies allowed on a saturday morning. non fiction story is what we need not fiction
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2015
deramarks:
. Asif I don't know ddat u re yoruba lolzz stop winkin at me jhoor I don't like it whn pple wink @ me e use to pain meee
grin grin
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
please stop getting overtly emotional and sentimental and lying. this man is a very rare igbo man. no igbo man attains wealth and helps his brother. if all igbo men attained wealth and helped their brother the 5 igbo states will be like heaven now. igbos like to oppress each other. thats the truth. if everybody is rich then there is no one to oppress right ?
Say what you know. Till date the works of my former Igwe is still being told in my home town. A man who even put pipe borne water in some villages that made up my town in the 80's. A man who sponsored many of our people and made them what they are today. Say what you know. How do you think we were able to recover from your 20pounds gift?

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by funkybully(f): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2015
This is what we mean when we say Anambra ppl don't depend on govt.

This gesture shows the benovelent nature of an average igbo. Imagine if Dangote is an igbo man, he would have raised one million billionaires and the ripple effect on communities can better be imagined.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Sappyman(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2015
This man has a heart of Gold which many don't have especially our so called politicians. Nigerian Politicians will eat the food met for the poor and see them die. This man has showed me a good example. I will do this when I grow up financially.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Masterclass32: 9:44am On Oct 24, 2015
investnow2013:
Anambra is littered with indigenous Pharmaceutical industries!. A lot are coming up in Awka, Nando, Onitsha, Ogidi,Umunya, Umuoji,Nkpor etc!

That's the way it's supposed to be. We need to open up the east, economically and otherwise.

'Think Home' is the way.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by amdoyin82(m): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2015
He try SAA... But na political gimmicks.. Don't be surprise if comes out tomorrow to seek political office. Dis are one of d few tinz he will make reference to. Na naija we dey.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by justmenoni: 9:45am On Oct 24, 2015
Very good gesture plus good investment opportunity just incase angry grin grin grin

2019 is around the corner, naso one muslim igbo man was so humble and simple that you hd thought he wouldn't hurt a fly only for him to enter govt house come dey reap back in thousand folds...

In Nigeria if u follow the right party blv me politics is the most profitable investment....
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by sukkot: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2015
Yujin:

Say what you know. Till date the works of my former Igwe is still being told in my home town. A man who even put pipe borne water in some villages that made up my town in the 80's. A man who sponsored many of our people and made them what they are today. Say what you know. How do you think we were able to recover from your 20pounds gift?
so one igwe out of millions of igbos ? in any tribe in the world you will hear the stories of one or two kind people. so you are not saying much bro
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by pazienza(m): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2015
Kennydoc:

Nkowa gi nke a amaka. Daalu.

But notice I said you must pass through Imo state when you're going through the major roads. Okay, well it shouldn't really be must, though. But the route you described doesn't fall in the category of major roads.

Yea. But the truth is that no major road pass through Orumba south LGA. To get to Orumba south, you must stop at a point on the major roads, and use the inter- town roads , and some of those inter town roads are tarred.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by funkybully(f): 9:48am On Oct 24, 2015
[s]
sukkot:
so why are millions of people escaping from igbo-land everyday ? please come again with a different story. no fantasies allowed on a saturday morning. non fiction story is what we need not fiction
[/s]

As e dey pain una say igbos they enter Lagos every day dey make am, e dey sweet my belle. We will keep escaping and be bringing back d money to develop our communities.

U want one Nigeria but don't want igbos to be outside igbo land. If u can't compete with igbos in Lagos go mud. All these una escaping igbo land can't stop us. Bring another angle to Ur cowardly rant.

If igbos are escaping daily, by now igboland should be overgrown by weeds. What a silly cowardly load of crap

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by delishpot: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2015
Thank God they did not kidnap or kill him while at it.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Kennydoc(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:

You're not saying the truth. Among the major tribes in Nigeria, Igbos are more likely to help their brothers, whether directly or indirectly when they attain wealth than people from other tribes. That's why majority of developmental projects in Igbo land were brought about by private individuals rather than the government.
In my village currently, there are several scholarship programmes to help train the indigent up to university level. The main challenge is even in the inability of young people to pass JAMB these days, not in the insufficiency of funds for their training.

It's mainly in the north that you have rich Alhajis who will rather want almajiris that will remain poor and destitute, and be subject to their wishes than send them to school so that they will become financially empowered and independent.

7 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by pazienza(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2015
justmenoni:
Very good gesture plus good investment opportunity just incase angry grin grin grin

2019 is around the corner, naso one muslim igbo man was so humble and simple that you hd thought he wouldn't hurt a fly only for him to enter govt house come dey reap back in thousand folds...

In Nigeria if u follow the right party blv me politics is the most profitable investment....

Lol! Godwin madukaji had been upgrading Nkerehi town since 2005, he has no interest in Nigerian politics, non whatsoever.

There are hundreds of people like him throughout Igboland, helping their communities where the govt had failed in whatever capacity they could. This was exactly how most Igbo communities crawled out of the ruins of Biafra, it's via community based effort, we never relied heavily on the Nigerian govt to get things done in our various communities.

The spirit of "Onye aghala nwanneya" , that's what will make an Igbo nation great.

11 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Yujin(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2015
sukkot:
It will be difficult to convince you but I'll try. I know you're one of the many Yorubas who think Igboland starts and finishes with onitsha, Enugu, Owerri and Aba. Do you know there are yorubas doing business in my town? Do you know we have buses going to Lagos everyday from my town? Do you know there are five of the well known banks in my town? Those big houses that many Igbos here display on nairaland, do you think its all made up? Many Igbo people travel to Lagos daily to buy things and still return back to Igboland. Do you think the transport owners go back empty? Oh maybe you're a kid you can't really add one and two.

7 Likes

Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by lankieman: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2015
Churches are buying private jets and pastor's are living in affluence.
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by TundeCole(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2015
basilo101:
beautiful nonesense
Ordinary “NONSENSE“ you cannot spell! Why are u disgracing your career?
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2015
okay anambra's see your next governor who got brains. vote wisely grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Doctor Godwin Maduka Builds 100 Houses For Widows & Less Privileged In Anambra by Neplusultra(f): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2015
pazienza:
So Godwin madukaji story finally reaches NL.
Hmm, odikwa fine.

Well, the man is a good man that have done great things for his town.

The idea of changing the town's name from "Nkerehi" to "Umuchukwu" and then burning down of various shrines in the town on account of inferiority complex induced belief that those gods are evil and that the name "Nkerehi" is outdated and not fitting for the town, didn't sit well with some traditionists in the town, and rightly so too.
To make matters worst, pro madukaji groups were busy burning down the shrines claiming that the gods were the cause of the backwardness of the town, While madukaji was busy building new big shrine( Church) for the Christians.

Madukaji had money and because of the good things he had done for majority of the people of the town, including the Igwe of the town, got the popularity vote and people's support on the town name changing ish as a show of gratitude from the people to him.
But those in Nkerehi who already were self made and that didn't need Madukaji's help insisted that the town name remain "Nkerehi".

This was the same scenario that played out in most Igbo societies in time past, as represented in Things fall apart.

As always, the traditionists lost out, and the Christians had their way, and the town most of us had known as Nkerehi since the dawn of time, became renamed "Umuchukwu", to reflect the shift of the town from traditional Igbo belief system to the Christian belief system.
BUt the name 'Umuchukwu' is not bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Do Not Sex Here Again": Uncompleted Building Owner Warns (Photo) / How Much Is Cement In Your Area And Why Is The Price Of Cement Still High? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.