Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,769 members, 7,813,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town (48420 Views)

Terrible Accident Along Abraka/Agbor Expressway Delta(photos) / Info On City Of Abraka / Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by peterjero(m): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
That community Don see hell, when I was there it wasn't that bad but when I returned in 2012 I almost cried myself to sleep because that's my home town. I wonder why my state has suffered in the hands of mediocre leaders.

4 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

That is the problem with most Abraka people. They want to amass wealth from everyone. People want to develop your community and all you think about is how to make more money.
You should contest for LG Chairman of Ethiope East under Labour party... I will gong for you... Change is needed...

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by qualityovenbake(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lovely place, I was there last months
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
peterjero:
That community Don see hell, when I was there it wasn't that bad but when I returned in 2012 I almost cried myself to sleep because that's my home town. I wonder why my state has suffered in the hands of mediocre leaders.
As in ehn....
All the communities hosting the three campuses are shit hole... Abraka! Oleh! Anwai!

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

You should contest for LG Chairman of Ethiope East under Labour party... I will gong for you... Change is needed...

LG Chairman. hehehehe. LP again cheesy grin

If I want to join politics, I'm headed straight for the Legislative arm of government.

If I want to join any party, wetin do APC or PDP? LP ko, QP ni.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by kepal99(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Some of the pictures are old. The situation in abraka isn't as bad as potrayed by the OP.
Except if its not the same delsu I just graduated fromzm
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

As in ehn....
All the communities hosting the three campuses are shit hole... Abraka! Oleh! Anwai!

Delta State is seriously f*cked up. A state with vast resources! The government cant even develop Asaba not to talk of Oleh. Go and see DLA road or Maryam Babangida Road in Asaba. They are very TERRIBLE!!!
While other states are building new universities, Delta is busy thinking of how to split DELSU into campuses.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Marvyx(m): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
kepal99:
Some of the pictures are old. The situation in abraka isn't as bad as potrayed by the OP.

Don't mind the Op.

This Op is hyper over exaggerating things.

Those pictures are far old...

Am in 300lvl and i have never seen Abraka as dilapidated as this...

Op pls get ur facts right and don't come here and blab.

Fine Abraka ain't no London but its development is encouraging at least.

I stay in school hostel and all school hostels were renovated last session..

Silly Op.. Have you visited siteIII of recent and seen the new faculty of science, Arts and education complex?? Have you seen the labs completed by the new Vc?? Silly Op

Abraka is no Harvard but its a citadel of learning.

Proudly Delsuite#

Cc Alkarulez.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
kepal99:
Marvyx:

Come to Abraka today and see things for yourself. Meanwhile, my writing appears exaggerated because it is persuasive. Actually, nothing here is exaggerated. When writing this article, I did not only consider the "Abraka" that you know viz Campus 1-2-3. Abraka is LARGE! You've not even been to the bad places in Abraka. Goto Urhuagbesa or Umeghe and see things for yourself.

All the pictures were taken between December 2013-Yesterday except that of the secondary school in 2011. What's OLD about them?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by jewelbaby55(f): 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
The writer exaggerated everything.. I'm a student of DELSU (Dept of Economics).. I've been in Abraka for over 3 years.

The situation is not as bad as he portrayed oo....

Abraka is a favourite destination for domestic and
international tourism.It attracts numerous domestic
and international tourists. Abraka beach is famous
for its natural flowing spring water, and has
recreational facilities for outdoor activities like
canoeing, fishing, swimming, barbecue. Abraka Turf
& Country Club A private country club that has been
created to function at the highest levels of luxury
and guest satisfaction. Located in the exotic region
of Nigeria's Delta, Abraka Turf and Country Club has
taken on a leading role in the nation's leisure and
catering industry, and prides itself on its ability to
deliver exquisite services. The resort includes
perfect villas, chalets, and caters to high-end
clientelle that includes families, vacation seekers,
campers, as well as corporate groups. Abraka Turf
and Country Club comes fully equipped with state of
the art facilities and the outdoor activities include
golf, tennis, canoeing, kayaking, polo, horseback
riding,fishing and deep river diving.

https://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraka
you are insane. Am a student of delsu abraka. Everything the op said is true. PDP neglect this town because the opposition party is from abraka. Der is no light in abraka even if the whole Nigeria have light. Bad road especially ekrejeta road whr I live. If you see campus 3 small gate road ehn. Anytime I dey go school my head they always hit iron inside the tricycle. We need help please

8 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by aspirebig: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Seeing Abk Hall alone shows the writer did a good write up.

Op you did a very good work. Abk was by far better during Ibori time.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
RebelLeader15:
i know say na you go write am. but since you arent living in abk right now, you are lost to many of what is happening. that picture of abraka hall you posted is not real. go to campus 2 and see with your eyes the new abraka hall. #make i go check town first,i'd be back to criticise your undone cooked story.

Did you even read the article at all? You think Abraka is only Campus 1, 2, and 3. Did you see me snap inside any of the campuses?

Goto Abraka villages and see what I am saying Mr Man.

Meanwhile, read the article concerning HOW LONG I have been in Abraka dude. I've been here for 20+ years.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by horchukoh(m): 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
@alkarulezz You dont need this....i am from abraka and all what the op posted is not far from the truth. I was in abraka last year and i was really disappointed. From bad roads epileptic power supply high crime rate etc. The government of delta state are not trying at all.

4 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by erico2k2(m): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Mathias Orhero, a literary scholar and writer, writes from Warri.
literarymathy@gmail.com

So you think its fair to use a photo taken 2001 to report situation of 2015? and you are feeling high cos you did
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Did you even read the article at all? You think Abraka is only Campus 1, 2, and 3. Did you see me snap inside any of the campuses?

Goto Abraka villages and see what I am saying Mr Man.

Meanwhile, read the article concerning HOW LONG I have been in Abraka dude. I've been here for 20+ years.
so you are telling us you snapped these photos
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Kingnap(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Op where did you see bike in abraka recently?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by erinolu(m): 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Big shame on the Niger Delta states.....

1. They get monthy state subventions

2. They benefit from the 13% derivation, allocated to oil producing states

3. They have been opportuned with structured institutions OMPADEC, NDDC to ameliorate the deplorable infrastructure, transport and education within oil states

4. The only region with a ministry to service it

The niger deltans are the very undoing to themselves, wacking every opportunity to deveop their region. A big shame

4 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by siriusbrio(f): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Mathias Orhero, a literary scholar and writer, writes from Warri.
literarymathy@gmail.com

Thats a very educating writeup sha.

But pls wen did u start dis writeup,d last tym I checked,the hostels have been renovated

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1001706_20130222_091346_640x480_500x375_jpg6d629ecfc1415062ed1764ec6982370c

The above picture is closer to campus 1 big gate, Why the junction there is 1 NYSC stand, in some stores (Closer to campus 1) there is 1 bookshop, the other Computer center and a bar is closer the the big gate.. why that church them don sell am, no another church they operate there.. Look at the other big church (Baptist church) Since how many yrs that church never still completed.. op your pics is somehow old.. I know everywhere there.. na we we..

I know one day Fratermathy will make us proud,
#Proudlyurhobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Marvyx(m): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Come to Abraka today and see things for yourself. Meanwhile, my writing appears exaggerated because it is persuasive. Actually, nothing here is exaggerated. When writing this article, I did not only consider the "Abraka" that you know viz Campus 1-2-3. Abraka is LARGE! You've not even been to the bad places in Abraka. Goto Urhuagbesa or Umeghe and see things for yourself.

All the pictures were taken between December 2013-Yesterday except that of the secondary school in 2011. What's OLD about them?

Talk about the villages and i have no business with you but when you talk about the DELSU i attend, i will have a row with you.
Pls remove the picture of that school hostel. It has been renovated since last session.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by jewelbaby55(f): 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Marvyx:

Don't mind the Op.

Silly Op.. Have you visited siteIII of recent and seen the new faculty of science, Arts and education complex?? Have you seen the labs completed by the new Vc?? Silly Op

Proudly Delsuite#

Cc Alkarulez.

the op is saying the truth. 2 of u should come to abraka and see. The road are all wacks. No light at all. Seriously op thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Delta State is seriously f*cked up. A state with vast resources! The government cant even develop Asaba not to talk of Oleh. Go and see DLA road or Maryam Babangida Road in Asaba. They are very TERRIBLE!!!
While other states are building new universities, Delta is busy thinking of how to split DELSU into campuses.
We just need an Akpabio... Or Raji
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Marvyx:

Talk about the villages and i have no business with you but when you talk about the DELSU i attend, i will have a row with you.
Pls remove the picture of that school hostel. It has been renovated since last session.

This article is NOT about DELSU! Where did you see DELSU in the title? Did you even read the article at all.

Take in a DEEP BREATHE and read the article. This time, DIGEST it! Its for your own good.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

so you are telling us you snapped these photos

Language is a powerful tool bro. Please understand and use it wisely.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
Marvyx:

Don't mind the Op.

Proudly Delsuite#.

Funny How people read But can't comprehend.... Op simply made an expository of Abraka and not DELSU.... Chei....
I was in Abraka early This year and everything is still same old.... The community I mean...
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Marvyx(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
jewelbaby55:
the op is saying the truth. 2 of u should come to abraka and see. The road are all wacks. No light at all. Seriously op thanks.

Lady i school in Abraka.

Even those pics shows he is exaggerating things.

There are no more bikes in Abraka.

I don't know where you stay but before i left home for the holidays, the electricity situation improved remarkably.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

This article is NOT about DELSU! Where did you see DELSU in the title? Did you even read the article at all.

Take in a DEEP BREATHE and read the article. This time, DIGEST it! Its for your own good.
ALL THESE MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENTS EHN.... TOO BAD HE CAN'T COMPREHEND...

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
jewelbaby55:
you are insane. Am a student of delsu abraka. Everything the op said is true. PDP neglect this town because the opposition party is from abraka. Der is no light in abraka even if the whole Nigeria have light. Bad road especially ekrejeta road whr I live. If you see campus 3 small gate road ehn. Anytime I dey go school my head they always hit iron inside the tricycle. We need help please

The only time light the day holiday period.. Lolz as for that campus 3 road you go run.. especially that eclipse bar side, The road very bad especially raining season.. Men Ekrejaeta no they get light self especially River road, once in 2 yrs... PDP hate ABK.. Its just so painful our Urhobo leaders are not fighting for the Interest of her people.. We the watch..

God pls make Ogboru our Gov. wat of Delta state tribunal, any news ?

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Etizz: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Stop posting pictures of DELSU Alkarulezz. DELSU is not ABRAKA! Abraka is a town, DELSU is a SCHOOL! Get it?

How long do you think I have stayed in Abraka? Answer: more than 20 years!!!! You know nothing of Abraka! Have you been to Urhuagbesa, Umeghe or Otorho? Or you think Abraka is only Campus 1, 2 and 3?

Or is it that you dont want development to come to Abraka at all? Mr. Alkarulezz.
Answer these simple questions.

1. Are the roads in Abraka more than 6?
2. Are the roads in Abraka not bad?
3. Is electric supply "normal" in Abraka?
4. Do the street lights in Abraka function as expected?
5. Do robberies occur in Abraka?
6. How many government infrastructures are in Abraka?
7. Is Abraka marginalised or not?

Oh please. I have more attachment to Abraka than you do but truth must be said however RAW! undecided
Bros u are very correct jor..... The light and road is a no no, the first day I visited my babe in dat skool, if not dat she have a lil gen, I for hear am... grin, pure village, but dat place should be more developed based on the opportunity it has, I believe it's political reasons, since d whole 8years of former governor, not even a pole of street light was initiated there, the big head former governor abandoned dat area because his rival is from dat region and votes don't get to him during election from dat region......
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by symbianDON(m): 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
erinolu:
Big shame on the Niger Delta states.....

1. They get monthy state subventions

2. They benefit from the 13% derivation, allocated to oil producing states

3. They have been opportuned with structured institutions OMPADEC, NDDC to ameliorate the deplorable infrastructure, transport and education within oil states

4. The only region with a ministry to service it

The niger deltans are the very undoing to themselves, wacking every opportunity to deveop their region. A big shame
aptly captured! you couldn't have put it better. i await that day when nigerian youths will begin to hold their leaders responsible while keeping aside every form of sentiment. the abraka people need to hold their leaders responsible. it is grossly unacceptable to have neglected the town as is shown in pictures posted by the op.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video) / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.