Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town (48415 Views)

Terrible Accident Along Abraka/Agbor Expressway Delta(photos) / Info On City Of Abraka / Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
The situation is not limited to Abraka alone.
@OP I school in the neighboring Novena Uni @ amai. The Ukwani/Abraka region is the epitome of under development. Amai is a forgotten town. There is no electricity in that town for almost 2 years now. It is a pity that delta State , with all the natural recources and huge allocation still carries the huge burden of under development.
All the roads in Abraka is nothing to write home about, especially in the rainy season.
Well i still love delta state tho! Abraka is fun anytime anyday! The beach and the girls are always welcoming lol

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
Goodboiyy:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1001706_20130222_091346_640x480_500x375_jpg6d629ecfc1415062ed1764ec6982370c

The above picture is closer to campus 1 big gate, Why the junction there is 1 NYSC stand, in some stores (Closer to campus 1) there is 1 bookshop, the other Computer center and a bar is closer the the big gate.. why that church them don sell am, no another church they operate there.. Look at the other big church (Baptist church) Since how many yrs that church never still completed.. op your pics is somehow old.. I know everywhere there.. na we we..

I know one day Fratermathy will make us proud,
#Proudlyurhobo
Boss you be Delsuite?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Marvyx:

Lady i school in Abraka.

Even those pics shows he is exaggerating things.

There are no more bikes in Abraka.

I don't know where you stay but before i left home for the holidays, the electricity situation improved remarkably.

Language is a powerful tool bro. Understand it and USE it!!!. Enough said. I have written MY article and it'll be on newspapers tomorrow by God's grace. If you have something to spew, WRITE YOUR OWN.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

You should contest for LG Chairman of Ethiope East under Labour party... I will gong for you... Change is needed...

Don't kid youself.. Freemanan,Goodboiyy and fratermathy are one and same people.. You want proof?

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by FREEEMANAN(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

As in ehn....
All the communities hosting the three campuses are shit hole... Abraka! Oleh! Anwai!
Bro this your school community sha... undecided
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
phron3:

Don't kid youself.. Freemanan and fratermathy are one and same people.. You want proof?
Yes please!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
FREEEMANAN:

Bro this your school community sha... undecided
Don't let me me open a thread for GWAGWALADA oh grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by erico2k2(m): 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Language is a powerful tool bro. Please understand and use it wisely.
what rubbish are you talking about, I'm pointing you to a foto taken 2011 you are here trying to dodge the question.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Marvyx:

Lady i school in Abraka.

I don't know where you stay but before i left home for the holidays, the electricity situation improved remarkably .

Guy na wa for you oo.. na today you dey abraka ?.. u be 100l ?.. you nor know say na Only Holiday Abk they get light ?.. na wa for u oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

LG Chairman. hehehehe. LP again cheesy grin

If I want to join politics, I'm headed straight for the Legislative arm of government.

If I want to join any party, wetin do APC or PDP? LP ko, QP ni.
Chai... Ogboru won't be Happy...
Whichever party, just help Delta central....

Amori is clueless
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
Abraka isn't that bad as portrayed.. Those questions op pasted aren't peculiar to Abraka.. Even the pics were taken before the town was rid of bikes ;before 2013

I have known Abk long since op was probably born.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
phron3:

Don't kid youself.. Freemanan and fratermathy are one and same people.. You want proof?

Na wen you go get sense na ?...
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

what rubbish are you talking about, I'm pointing you to a foto taken 2011 you are here trying to dodge the question.

Exactly my point!!!

Language is a POWERFUL TOOL. Please USE IT.

Only ONE picture is from 2011. Except you believe that Abraka is without issues then picture dating wont be your issue. How well do you think you know Abraka? or you think Abraka is only in DELSU Campus?

Language is a tool bro, USE IT.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by FREEEMANAN(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Don't let me me open a thread for GWAGWALADA oh grin
Lol... Center of Unity...
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:
Boss you be Delsuite?
Lolz.. answer for another day.. but na we we.. u be delsuite ?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
undecided
FREEEMANAN:

Lol... Center of Unity...
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
phron3:
Abraka isn't that bad as portrayed.. Those questions op pasted aren't peculiar to Abraka.. Even the pics were taken before the town was rid of bikes ;before 2013

Since I was born?

Good. Then you know I am not lying or am I?

Answer these simple questions.

1. Are the roads in Abraka more than 6?
2. Are the roads in Abraka not bad?
3. Is electric supply "normal" in Abraka?
4. Do the street lights in Abraka function as expected?
5. Do robberies occur in Abraka?
6. How many government infrastructures are in Abraka?
7. Is Abraka marginalised or not?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Lolz.. answer for another day.. but na we we.. u be delsuite ?
Fat one....
Na We install Arubayi....
Fratermathy intimidate boys those year for library ehn...

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
phron3:

Don't kid youself.. Freemanan,Goodboiyy and fratermathy are one and same people.. You want proof?

Receive sense in Jesus Name.

Can some1 shout a bigger Amen
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Na wen you go get sense na ?...
@phron3
@freemanan

I con tire for the guy o. Me and freemanan na one and the same? !

See Opata.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Receive sense in Jesus Name.

Can some1 shout a bigger Amen
HE CANNOT... SENSE IS BEYOND HIM
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

@phron3
@freemanan

I con tire for the guy o. Me and freemanan na one and the same? !

See Opata.
Dude is gay I presume...
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by erico2k2(m): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

The pictures were taken between December 2013- Yesterday apart from the school picture. Believe me when I say that the pictures are a TRUE representation of the situation. Some were snapped just yesterday.
Meanwhile with or without pictures, have I lied about Abraka? Some of you didnt even READ. You just talk anyhow. Oh Please. You think you've stayed in Abraka more than me? I have been here for 20years+. My mum is from Urhuagbesa-Abraka, a place in Abraka without ROAD at all. Habve you been to Otorho? Or you think Abraka is just DELSU? See the article title, it is A TALE OF ABRAKA not A TALE OF DELSU. Please caution yourself. If you dont want development, I DO!!!!!!
U are missing the point,nobody is arguing about the state, my question to you is, what's diff in abrak to ughelli to warri to sapele,are they not in same dying state? if not for the University there,whats anyones Biz with Abraka?do not forget that school you now call Uni use to be college of education.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Fat one....
Na We install Arubayi....
Fratermathy intimidate boys those year for library ehn...

be like that guy go like Reading oo . I dey see am for e face.. Those yr I dey go library na to go charge phone oo.. I they aim them .. them the on gen reach 12- 3pm.. so by then my phone don full.. people they read I dey sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Sacramento4real(m): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
meshacha1:
My dear OP, sorry to tell you that 85% of NL's will not read all your story but we can comment base on the pictures and the topic.
Below is evidence

If you read all hit share
If you didn't hit like
Am not hitting any button.Just to tell you that i read the Nice write up from the beginning to the end.Am not a lazy reader.When i see an interesting piece like this,i always go through it,no matter how long.This is a Type of post that always interest me,knowing that it wasnt a copied and pasted job.I must commend the OP for a job well done.The way he layed out his point is Epic.He didn't bring up this thread to spite Abraka as a town,but to draw the attention of the government to the plight of the people.

For those saying he over exaggerated the challenges the town is facing,i would say u are wrong.All what the OP said about the town are the Gospel truth.One was busy talking about the beach and resort in the town and Abraka being a tourist destination.Tourist destination with no good road network?No light?You must be kidding me!I think the problem the people of the town had with the ruling party all these while is because they have always being in opposition to the ruling Pdp since 2003.Ogboru has always gotten block votes from that town and by extension the local government area.That has being the reason successive Pdp government has refused developing that town.The light and road issue is one glaring example.But with the government of Okowa,hope is in sight for the people of Otor-Abraka.

Long Live Delta State.
Long Live Urhobo Tribe.

Urhobo oooo.....

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by GodMode: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
jewelbaby55:
you are insane. Am a student of delsu abraka. Everything the op said is true. PDP neglect this town because the opposition party is from abraka. Der is no light in abraka even if the whole Nigeria have light. Bad road especially ekrejeta road whr I live. If you see campus 3 small gate road ehn. Anytime I dey go school my head they always hit iron inside the tricycle. We need help please

don't give yourself headache.... many NL users are PAID to defend political parties... Even if an earthquake happened they will deny it... just read some threads and see how the "PAID BIGOTS" defends their political parties...

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
[s]
phron3:

[/s]

Is the post a slander on Abraka?

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
The writer exaggerated everything.. I'm a student of DELSU (Dept of Economics).. I've been in Abraka for over 3 years.

The situation is not as bad as he portrayed oo....

Abraka is a favourite destination for domestic and
international tourism.It attracts numerous domestic
and international tourists. Abraka beach is famous
for its natural flowing spring water, and has
recreational facilities for outdoor activities like
canoeing, fishing, swimming, barbecue. Abraka Turf
& Country Club A private country club that has been
created to function at the highest levels of luxury
and guest satisfaction. Located in the exotic region
of Nigeria's Delta, Abraka Turf and Country Club has
taken on a leading role in the nation's leisure and
catering industry, and prides itself on its ability to
deliver exquisite services. The resort includes
perfect villas, chalets, and caters to high-end
clientelle that includes families, vacation seekers,
campers, as well as corporate groups. Abraka Turf
and Country Club comes fully equipped with state of
the art facilities and the outdoor activities include
golf, tennis, canoeing, kayaking, polo, horseback
riding,fishing and deep river diving.

https://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraka

exactly my thought,the way he make everything look like the situation in abraka is beyond comprehension
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

U are missing the point,nobody is arguing about the state, my question to you is, what's diff in abrak to ughelli to warri to sapele,are they not in same dying state? if not for the University there,whats anyones Biz with Abraka?do not forget that school you now call Uni use to be college of education.

Please sir, read my article. I documented Abraka's history from colonial period till date. Abraka's case is unique. I am writing with where I can familiarize with. If you take time to read the article, you'd see that I wrote about Asaba and Warri. So please read the article before your next comment, if you must comment.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
exactly my thought,the way he make everything look like the situation in abraka is beyond comprehension

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by jewelbaby55(f): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
Marvyx:

Lady i school in Abraka.

I don't know where you stay but before i left home for the holidays, the electricity situation improved remarkably.
as am typing this message am in abraka. I returned to school today. Der is no light and am not expecting it. Because I know that is how it is. I think u must be a Pdp strong member who don't want the development of abraka town. Just so u know am from the same local government with abraka ethiope East. So my friend you know nothing. Believe me

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

my point is,the situation is not limited to abraka,go to other neighbouring towns,you will understand the real meaning of under development...

Abraka is way more better...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video) / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.