Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town (48419 Views)

Terrible Accident Along Abraka/Agbor Expressway Delta(photos) / Info On City Of Abraka / Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Gr8amechi: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sweetguy25:
In an oil producing state with one of the highest federal allocations from the Federal government. All these Niger Delta states sef, I no sabi una problem at all.
The resource control we are all clamoring for, I'm having doubts about the ability of the politicians in these states to effectively utilize every kobo accrued to them.

My brother very well you have my mindset the problem of south is our wicked politicians

Anyway, I hope these are very recent pictures?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Gr8amechi: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Stop posting pictures of DELSU Alkarulezz. DELSU is not ABRAKA! Abraka is a town, DELSU is a SCHOOL! Get it?

How long do you think I have stayed in Abraka? Answer: more than 20 years!!!! You know nothing of Abraka! Have you been to Urhuagbesa, Umeghe or Otorho? Or you think Abraka is only Campus 1, 2 and 3?

Or is it that you dont want development to come to Abraka at all? Mr. Alkarulezz.
Answer these simple questions.

1. Are the roads in Abraka more than 6?
2. Are the roads in Abraka not bad?
3. Is electric supply "normal" in Abraka?
4. Do the street lights in Abraka function as expected?
5. Do robberies occur in Abraka?
6. How many government infrastructures are in Abraka?
7. Is Abraka marginalised or not?

Oh please. I have more attachment to Abraka than you do but truth must be said however RAW! undecided
so what is your point
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
jewelbaby55:
as am typing this message am in abraka. I returned to school today. Der is no light and am not expecting it. Because I know that is how it is. I think u must be a Pdp strong member who don't want the development of abraka town. Just so u know am from the same local government with abraka ethiope East. So my friend you know nothing. Believe me
These people don tire me bro.... Some people just like self deceit and the likes.... Op even coloured the deterioration of that town with nice words.... If I can beg my sister to get me some shots of same thing Op posted I will get them Here tomorrow....

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
jewelbaby55:
as am typing this message am in abraka. I returned to school today. Der is no light and am not expecting it. Because I know that is how it is. I think u must be a Pdp strong member who don't want the development of abraka town. Just so u know am from the same local government with abraka ethiope East. So my friend you know nothing. Believe me
miss abraka case is way more better,go some neigbouring town,some never get light for 2yrs now,
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

U are missing the point,nobody is arguing about the state, my question to you is, what's diff in abrak to ughelli to warri to sapele,are they not in same dying state? if not for the University there,whats anyones Biz with Abraka?do not forget that school you now call Uni use to be college of education.
Warri is in a dying state?

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Please sir, read my article. I documented Abraka's history from colonial period till date. Abraka's case is unique. I am writing with where I can familiarize with. If you take time to read the article, you'd see that I wrote about Asaba and Warri. So please read the article before your next comment, if you must comment.
I read it,Im saying these social norm is not limited to Abraka, do you see where Im coming from, somebody here is talking of not having Electricity, waht do u want the people of sapele to say then, they have two power station still no light.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Since I was born?

Good. Then you know I am not lying or am I?

op you're 100% correct about the situation. Please push this to other socia media. The light situation is worse

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
my point is,the situation is not limited to abraka,go to other neighbouring towns,you will understand the real meaning of under development...

Abraka is way more better...

You make it sound like I am writing to attack Abraka. I am not attacking Abraka. I am even trying to attract attention to its plight and instead of you to encourage me, you are here saying it is better than other places. So I should leave Abraka and write of Orogun? Or you think I don't have a village to write about? I picked Abraka for its strategic place in the state. So if you are not a lazy reader, please read the article again.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by jewelbaby55(f): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

op dey can not answer it. Because they are fraud. Who no weda dem be uduaghan boys trying to convince people that you are lying. No mind dem Jor. Abraka needs help
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
my point is,the situation is not limited to abraka,go to other neighbouring towns,you will understand the real meaning of under development...

Abraka is way more better...
Well Op can't write about the whole community hosting universities and their bad state... He simply picked the one he has first hand knowledge on and I Don't see anything wrong...

Capisce?

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

I read it,Im saying these social norm is not limited to Abraka, do you see where Im coming from, somebody here is talking of not having Electricity, waht do u want the people of sapele to say then, they have two power station still no light.

You make it sound like I am writing to attack Abraka. I am not attacking Abraka. I am even trying to attract attention to its plight and instead of you to encourage me, you are here saying it is better than other places. So I should leave Abraka and write of Orogun? Or you think I don't have a village to write about? I picked Abraka for its strategic place in the state as UNIVERSITY TOWN.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Gr8amechi:
so what is your point

If you don't get it, kindly sleep over it sir.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by IlekeHD: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
People are just surviving in Nigeria, they're not living.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Well Op can't write about the whole community hosting universities and their bad state... He simply picked the one he has first hand knowledge on and I Don't see anything wrong...

Capisce?
oooh yea nothing is wrong but that hostel pix isnt recent,i still think op make the whole thing seem very worse more like exaggeration....

Talk of coming out 8pm,am aware of shops that close around 11pm,if only he will present the whole thing as it is....
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

You make it sound like I am writing to attack Abraka. I am not attacking Abraka. I am even trying to attract attention to its plight and instead of you to encourage me, you are here saying it is better than other places. So I should leave Abraka and write of Orogun? Or you think I don't have a village to write about? I picked Abraka for its strategic place in the state as UNIVERSITY TOWN.
Wel you sound like it, mayB you should be more objective in you write up,something it lacks,Im not an outsider to Braski as we use to call it bck in teh days however for positive criticism of your post I have to view it as an outsider,this is not an attack on your person rather a question to see waht level of debt your post holds.let me ask you something take away the University campus from braski, waht else would you write about?.I would hold the leaders of your town in contempt even to the ward councillors.have you seen the campus at Oghara? have you been there?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
The writer exaggerated everything.. I'm a student of DELSU (Dept of Economics).. I've been in Abraka for over 3 years.

So because you have been there for 3years you should go on Wikipedia and save edited pictures of the best university buildings? Continue!
Try and snap the Abraka Hall boys fanning themselves at Night...

The situation is not as bad as he portrayed oo....
Does Abraka qualifies as a town with basic amenities? If No Then it's as bad.

Abraka is a favourite destination for domestic and
international tourism.It attracts numerous domestic
and international tourists. Abraka beach is famous
for its natural flowing spring water, and has
recreational facilities for outdoor activities like
canoeing, fishing, swimming, barbecue. Abraka Turf
& Country Club A private country club that has been
created to function at the highest levels of luxury
and guest satisfaction. Located in the exotic region
of Nigeria's Delta, Abraka Turf and Country Club has
taken on a leading role in the nation's leisure and
catering industry, and prides itself on its ability to
deliver exquisite services. The resort includes
perfect villas, chalets, and caters to high-end
clientelle that includes families, vacation seekers,
campers, as well as corporate groups. Abraka Turf
and Country Club comes fully equipped with state of
the art facilities and the outdoor activities include
golf, tennis, canoeing, kayaking, polo, horseback
riding,fishing and deep river diving.
You went online again to copy Wikipedia word for word... I wonder if this is How you carry out your assignment Dr Omotor gives you... Ask Richard Noutchet and Ekene Gasiokwu in your DEPARTMENT AND level How Kintoma and Umono area be in terms of robbery and electricity... Nothing was exaggerated Mate... We know ABK...

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Warri is in a dying state?
do you think the situation is limited to abraka
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:

If you don't get Freemanan's sarcasm, then I wouldn't wonder why you don't get this article.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
oooh yea nothing is wrong but that hostel pix isnt recent,i still think op make the whole thing seem very worse more like exaggeration....

Talk of coming out 8pm,am aware of shops that close around 11pm,if only he will present the whole thing as it is....
I agree store runs overnight even. But you will agree that even in Borno where bombing is like breathing, overnight business still exist... You haven't experience them doesn't mean they are fables....

BTW, Which department did you graduate from?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:

Aunty, I am speaking as I SEE IT. If you see it differently, WRITE YOUR ARTICLE ma'am.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

I agree store runs overnight even. But you will agree that even in Borno where bombing is like breathing, overnight business still exist... You haven't experience them doesn't mean they are fables....

BTW, Which department did you graduate from?
my department is not there but am there almost every weekend...
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
erico2k2:

Wel you sound like it, mayB you should be more objective in you write up,something it lacks,Im not an outsider to Braski as we use to call it bck in teh days however for positive criticism of your post I have to view it as an outsider,this is not an attack on your person rather a question to see waht level of debt your post holds.let me ask you something take away the University campus from braski, waht else would you write about?.I would hold the leaders of your town in contempt even to the ward councillors.have you seen the campus at Oghara? have you been there?

Once again, I am not writing about the school or its campuses but about Abraka as a university town.
I wrote EXACTLY as I SAW it. If you see it differently please present a counter article. That is how scholarship is done.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by MyschoolNG(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Chai abraka dey flex oooooooOooO I swear!!! Come ekpoma u go know say abk na city.
First mother nature cursed the land (no water) one gallon of water goes for #30 naira if I lie make thunder strike me dead. Secondly crime, I think you guys know the story. We are rated number one in cult matters.
Infrastructures, is less than zero. I have stayed in abk and I can tell u,abk is heaven compared to ekpoma.
Even the sch fees ekpoma is twice the amount of delsu.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Let me know what your grouse is. Are you saying that it's not only Abraka that experiences the aforementioned or you are saying it's simply an exposition littered with hyperbole?

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
my department is not there but am there almost every weekend...
Something tells me you are lying... Prove me wrong please!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by ExperTrait(m): 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
[/quote] they are reaping wot they sow....majority of abraka pipu are very very wicked, uneducated and criminally minded, they detest strangers....they have been been against the rulling govt since 1999...how wld they expect devolopment from who they publicly humiliated... they can kill for mere mention of an opposing candidate...they are very violent for dia so called man, ogboru who has proved to always b a loser...in abraka, just dare vote for anybody oda dan dia son...u go remember d day ur wia circumscissed...they would nt allow u do voters registration if nt an indigene...bt during election they want rig nt knowing u can only rig registers voters...abeg, abraka pipu are notin to write home about joor..

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Let me know what your grouse is. Are you saying that it's not only Abraka that experiences the aforementioned or you are saying it's simply an exposition littered with hyperbole?
both,btw are you the one with the fathmy handle
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
ExperTrait:
they are reaping wot they sow....majority of abraka pipu are very very wicked, uneducated and criminally minded, they detest strangers....they have been been against the rulling govt since 1999...how wld they expect devolopment from who they publicly humiliated... they can kill for mere mention of an opposing candidate...they are very violent for dia so called man, ogboru who has proved to always b a loser...in abraka, just dare vote for anybody oda dan dia son...u go remember d day ur wia circumscissed...they would nt allow u do voters registration if nt an indigene...bt during election they want rig nt knowing u can only rig registers voters...abeg, abraka pipu are notin to write home about joor..
kindly post what you know,..

Tnx.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

Something tells me you are lying... Prove me wrong please!
hehehehehehe,the same thing that make you feel am lying will tell you the truth wink
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:

This reminds me of what you said earlier about Abraka people asking for "deve" to repair their roads.

This lady is an Abraka indigene and instead of Jollyjoy to be happy that of all the places that need address in Delta State, I chose Abraka, which is not even my home town, she is here grousing about what is bad, worse or worst.
I laugh in discontent. How unappreciative.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by efemena22(m): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Mathias Orhero, a literary scholar and writer, writes from Warri.
literarymathy@gmail.com

OP, why u nor show campus3 well? Na only d bad places u see?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
efemena22:
OP, why u nor show campus3 well? Na only d bad places u see?

I am not writing about DELSU! I am writing about Abraka! They are TWO different things. If you want to show the beauty of Campus 3, then write about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video) / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.