Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,717 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town (48417 Views)

Terrible Accident Along Abraka/Agbor Expressway Delta(photos) / Info On City Of Abraka / Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Khez: 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Op, direct these to that gaint teeth you people call governor

God will surely punish our leaders, specially the two past government....

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by olokpa11(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
The writer exaggerated everything.. I'm a student of DELSU (Dept of Economics).. I've been in Abraka for over 3 years.

The situation is not as bad as he portrayed oo....

Abraka is a favourite destination for domestic and
international tourism.It attracts numerous domestic
and international tourists. Abraka beach is famous
for its natural flowing spring water, and has
recreational facilities for outdoor activities like
canoeing, fishing, swimming, barbecue. Abraka Turf
& Country Club A private country club that has been
created to function at the highest levels of luxury
and guest satisfaction. Located in the exotic region
of Nigeria's Delta, Abraka Turf and Country Club has
taken on a leading role in the nation's leisure and
catering industry, and prides itself on its ability to
deliver exquisite services. The resort includes
perfect villas, chalets, and caters to high-end
clientelle that includes families, vacation seekers,
campers, as well as corporate groups. Abraka Turf
and Country Club comes fully equipped with state of
the art facilities and the outdoor activities include
golf, tennis, canoeing, kayaking, polo, horseback
riding,fishing and deep river diving.

https://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraka

when was this wikipedia link updated last? The op is talking about abraka main town and not the school itself, abraka main.town is am eyesore,schooled there from 08-12, went there last week, and the conditions are worse now, all I saw differently were FSP link road, Umono, that link road to ekrejeta, we really need to sit up

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ptui! Nigeria is a big disgrace! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by jewelbaby55(f): 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
ohnyore:
. So what part of abraka was that picture taken? @Op I was at abraka last month, and some places now wear a new look, Umono street and one other street is in perfect condition. @ Op I am a staff kid also so I do visit abk at least 3 times a year, I was in abk in the days of Bensu staff school,
guy shut up! You dey provoke me. Na me dey go the school. Na me know how many times my head dey hit iron for Keke. And how we take dey buy fuel all the time to pump water. Get out of this post please. If you don't have anything positive to contribute here please
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Marvyx(m): 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Language is a powerful tool bro. Understand it and USE it!!!. Enough said. I have written MY article and it'll be on newspapers tomorrow by God's grace. If you have something to spew, WRITE YOUR OWN.

Alright... I just read your article and i must confess, you are right on so many levels.

Even if i still insist that you exaggerated, your points are entirely true.

Don't mind me bro...

You should really write about this.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by elthorn: 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
The writer exaggerated everything.. I'm a student of DELSU (Dept of Economics).. I've been in Abraka for over 3 years.

. Guy! U shuld try nd understnd d distinction he's trying 2 make. He's not talking bout DELSU but ABRAKA as a whole. One major tin Abraka lacks is gud road. Worst of dem been Ekrejata, Ivie road nd d expres especially Oduaghan park area. Havn't been 2 oda surrounding towns though.

Between..... Whr did u get dat building in d first pix frm because I havn;t seen it in DELSU.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by marvelyole(m): 12:01am On Oct 26, 2015
I a graduate of Political Science,Faculty of Social Science(FSS),Stayed in Abraka Hall for 4years and moved to Umuono,played politics from department to faculty to nadesu,to,hostel,to sug,made all kind of friends,the good,bad and ugly, can and will confirm that all what the o.p wrote including the pictures are 100% true.. Even the school management is nothing but a replication of the state government,I just pray God hears the cry of the indigines and students,both the school and community needs help. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by pcagbaji(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2015
At poster you are a lier that pictures you pasted is over 3 years when abraka is still using motorcycle now keke and it sounds you are a Yahoo boy by not recognizing it as stealing. allso that is not the present situation on ground
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 26, 2015
Great Delsuites...
Actually the town is not what is expected of an oil rich state. Last semester, the only way to read is to do 'awoko' under school street light due to the deplorable state of power supply. Eku my hometown is enjoying better power supply compared to a town that houses a University. I spent about 60% of the previous semester charging my phone at fellowship meetings. Come see how people dey hustle to charge. Fellowship don turn to charging spot.
Op you didn't even include the poor waste management system of the area o.. Refuse don turn to MTN everywhere you go.. Just go some 'off k' hostels mosquito go nearly make you commit suicide.. It's just pathetic. Check the small street by the side of Agofure park, you go just shake your head. No vehicle plies that street cos of the stagnant pool of water. This things are inimical to the health of students.
Ivie road is an eyesore..
If I become SUG president eheen,, I qo do massive protest...
Things wil improve sha... #change.

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 26, 2015
jewelbaby55:
guy shut up! You dey provoke me. Na me dey go the school. Na me know how many times my head dey hit iron for Keke. And how we take dey buy fuel all the time to pump water. Get out of this post please. If you don't have anything positive to contribute here please

Tell your prostitute of a mother to shut up, since you can't make your case without insulting.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Emulti(m): 5:49am On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=fratermathy post=39353232]

The pictures were taken between December 2013- Yesterday apart from the school picture. Believe me when I say that the pictures are a TRUE representation of the situation. Some were snapped just yesterday.
Meanwhile with or without pictures, have I lied about Abraka? Some of you didnt even READ. You just talk anyhow. Oh Please. You think you've stayed in Abraka more than me? I have been here for 20years+. My mum is from Urhuagbesa-Abraka, a place in Abraka without ROAD at all. Have you been to Otorho? Or you think Abraka is just DELSU? See the article title, it is A TALE OF ABRAKA not A TALE OF DELSU. Please caution yourself. If you dont want development, I DO!!!!!!

All u said is completely true. Abraka is in s state of calamity with no single presence of government. Power situation is getting worse on daily basis.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Kingnap(m): 6:33am On Oct 26, 2015
fratermathy:

The pictures were taken between December 2013- Yesterday apart from the school picture. Believe me when I say that the pictures are a TRUE representation of the situation. Some were snapped just yesterday.
Meanwhile with or without pictures, have I lied about Abraka? Some of you didnt even READ. You just talk anyhow. Oh Please. You think you've stayed in Abraka more than me? I have been here for 20years+. My mum is from Urhuagbesa-Abraka, a place in Abraka without ROAD at all. Have you been to Otorho? Or you think Abraka is just DELSU? See the article title, it is A TALE OF ABRAKA not A TALE OF DELSU. Please caution yourself. If you dont want development, I DO!!!!!!

I want development for all of Delta, after all am a deltan though not from abraka.. . You will agree with me that abraka is not the only community in Delta State with poor infrastructure.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by luvprince4real(m): 7:19am On Oct 26, 2015
fratermathy:

Stop posting pictures of DELSU Alkarulezz. DELSU is not ABRAKA! Abraka is a town, DELSU is a SCHOOL! Get it?

How long do you think I have stayed in Abraka? Answer: more than 20 years!!!! You know nothing of Abraka! Have you been to Urhuagbesa, Umeghe or Otorho? Or you think Abraka is only Campus 1, 2 and 3?

Or is it that you dont want development to come to Abraka at all? Mr. Alkarulezz.
Answer these simple questions.

1. Are the roads in Abraka more than 6?
2. Are the roads in Abraka not bad?
3. Is electric supply "normal" in Abraka?
4. Do the street lights in Abraka function as expected?
5. Do robberies occur in Abraka?
6. How many government infrastructures are in Abraka?
7. Is Abraka marginalised or not?

Oh please. I have more attachment to Abraka than you do but truth must be said however RAW! undecided
na now una remember say abraka dey marginalised, y una no shout am when an urhobo/isekeri man was d governor.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Aigbehis(m): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2015
The Op has made his point, and what he said is not far from the truth.

The previous government of Delta state headed by Dr. Eweta Uduaghan degraded the state to nothingness by syphoning the state's treasury and abdicated it to Sen Ifeany Okowa.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Gr8amechi: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2015
fratermathy:

If you don't get it, kindly sleep over it sir.
I only asked a question, will be kind you just clarify
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by benjaminiyke(m): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2015
fratermathy:

Stop posting pictures of DELSU Alkarulezz. DELSU is not ABRAKA! Abraka is a town, DELSU is a SCHOOL! Get it?

How long do you think I have stayed in Abraka? Answer: more than 20 years!!!! You know nothing of Abraka! Have you been to Urhuagbesa, Umeghe or Otorho? Or you think Abraka is only Campus 1, 2 and 3?

Or is it that you dont want development to come to Abraka at all? Mr. Alkarulezz.
Answer these simple questions.

1. Are the roads in Abraka more than 6?
2. Are the roads in Abraka not bad?
3. Is electric supply "normal" in Abraka?
4. Do the street lights in Abraka function as expected?
5. Do robberies occur in Abraka?
6. How many government infrastructures are in Abraka?
7. Is Abraka marginalised or not?

Oh please. I have more attachment to Abraka than you do but truth must be said however RAW! undecided
@OP. Pictures of the above hostels was taken few years back. Those hostels has been renovated and they look presentable with necessary basic amenities to suffice . Campus 3 which is the main campus currently has about a few 1000 to 1500seater lecture buildings named new hall. The town might be undeveloped but the school itself is better developed now. Am a graduate of delsu. Thanks
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2015
benjaminiyke:
@OP. Pictures of the above hostels was taken few years back. Those hostels has been renovated and they look presentable with necessary basic amenities to suffice . Campus 3 which is the main campus currently has about a few 1000 to 1500seater lecture buildings named new hall. The town might be undeveloped but the school itself is better developed now. Am a graduate of delsu. Thanks

Look at the title of the article again.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by attention007(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

Bro the Op is not talking abt d campuses but talking about life outside campus...I have been to abraka n stayed for a while but the truth is all he said can be confirmed by me....no roads no light. even u that wrote this post isn't proud of Abraka

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2015
luvprince4real:
na now una remember say abraka dey marginalised, y una no shout am when an urhobo/isekeri man was d governor.

Must you politicize people's lives? What is wrong with you? Did I mention Okowa in my article? angry

How do you guys think sef?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:32am On Oct 26, 2015
Kingnap:

I want development for all of Delta, after all am a deltan though not from abraka.. . You will agree with me that abraka is not the only community in Delta State with poor infrastructure.

Yes of course there are worse towns/villages but are they University towns? Do I stay in those ones or have I been there?

When you speak, look at the logic of your argument. You think I am attacking Abraka? I grew up and schooled here and my parents work here man. Please refrain from misunderstanding posts.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:36am On Oct 26, 2015
pcagbaji:
At poster you are a lier that pictures you pasted is over 3 years when abraka is still using motorcycle now keke and it sounds you are a Yahoo boy by not recognizing it as stealing. allso that is not the present situation on ground

Good for you. Abraka community is like London abi?

I just don't get why people like you don't encourage someone who writes to draw government attention to people's predicament.
Or I'm sure you are among those who confuse Abraka as DELSU. So silly.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by attention007(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2015
no wonder Nigeria is bad today. The Op is saying A some people are saying B. The truth is plain and simple, you can't live in abraka (outside d campuses) and be happy or proud. The town is old and far from development. I still wonder why the students are yet to protest and even send messages to TV Stations outside d state because even the state TV station is under d governors pocket. My advice is for the students to send words out to Channels TV at least. Let people know what's really going on.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by attention007(m): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2015
Abraka is not Delsu, Delsu is in Abraka! Op is talking abt Abraka not Delsu
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by benjaminiyke(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2015
fratermathy:

Look at the title of the article again.
Am aware. But Op got the school also involved in his write up by posting pictures of the school hostel. The sight of the picture begged for my comment.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by benjaminiyke(m): 10:22am On Oct 26, 2015
attention007:
no wonder Nigeria is bad today. The Op is saying A some people are saying B. The truth is plain and simple, you can't live in abraka (outside d campuses) and be happy or proud. The town is old and far from development. I still wonder why the students are yet to protest and even send messages to TV Stations outside d state because even the state TV station is under d governors pocket. My advice is for the students to send words out to Channels TV at least. Let people know what's really going on.
Am a graduate of Delsu. The students feels no need to protest. Why? They are there to achieve a goal and within a few years they are out. The abraka people should be the one protesting for any change in the status quo of the town. Quote me anywhere DELSU has one of the cheapest school fees for a state university. Am from delta state and my school fees was as low as #21,100 for a year. Any protest by the students with regards to the state of Abraka town is inconsequential.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by luvprince4real(m): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2015
fratermathy:

Must you politicize people's lives? What is wrong with you? Did I mention Okowa in my article? angry

How do you guys think sef?
na u dey think like goat? na now dey break 4 u?
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2015
luvprince4real:
na u dey think like goat? na now dey break 4 u?

I can comprehend your verbal rants.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2015
benjaminiyke:
Am aware. But Op got the school also involved in his write up by posting pictures of the school hostel. The sight of the picture begged for my comment.

The school hostel was included as a mere representation of infrastructural decay in Abraka. Nowhere was DELSU, my Alma mater, mentioned as the theme of my writing. Don't infer because a picture was posted. Kindly refer to my first comment in the first page of this post.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by ugoegbuna(m): 11:29am On Oct 26, 2015
Op get your facts right before posting
The first picture is of Agbor not Abraka
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
ugoegbuna:
Op get your facts right before posting
The first picture is of Agbor not Abraka
Did you even read the article at all?

Is it now wrong for someone to put representative pictures in his article? because it seems people NEVER read it. If people read the article, they wouldn't be asking me when, where and how pictures were snapped? What does it matter? The pictures are secondary. Do they represent the situation on ground? That is the question to be asked.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by attention007(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
benjaminiyke:
Am a graduate of Delsu. The students feels no need to protest. Why? They are there to achieve a goal and within a few years they are out. The abraka people should be the one protesting for any change in the status quo of the town. Quote me anywhere DELSU has one of the cheapest school fees for a state university. Am from delta state and my school fees was as low as #21,100 for a year. Any protest by the students with regards to the state of Abraka town is inconsequential.
4 years is a very long time to go thru hell. If sch fee is cheap and life is unbearable, Bro I can't live that kinda life.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by RebelLeader15(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
fratermathy:

Did you even read the article at all? You think Abraka is only Campus 1, 2, and 3. Did you see me snap inside any of the campuses?

Goto Abraka villages and see what I am saying Mr Man.

Meanwhile, read the article concerning HOW LONG I have been in Abraka dude. I've been here for 20+ years.
it doesnt matter if you reside there for donkey years or elephant's century. the town has developed and a bit better than when you left some years back. you forgot to upload the newly constructed omono and ekrejeta short cut way to camp 3. brother we are not concerned with your lies. try to tell the truth so that you won't disgrace your surname and avoid disappointing your home town. afterall the town(abraka) is your father's village.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video) / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.