Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town (48414 Views)

Terrible Accident Along Abraka/Agbor Expressway Delta(photos) / Info On City Of Abraka / Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Festy4u(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
@op is there something you want us to do after viewing those pic? I will advice you incorporate traveling into your writing skills, probably you will begin to understand that every community in Nigeria has got one or more situations as stated by your post about Abraka!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by evadreams(f): 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
pretydiva:
Delta state university is an advanced secondary school nau

Really? how? Don't underestimate that school, quote me anywhere that school is better than UNIBEN and UNIPORT although they lack some few things their teaching standard is high and marking..... to block lecturer sef na war.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by EmekaBlue(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
if i hear say i read all these write up...no b only abraka na abrakadabra..mscheww...who sabi una?!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Festy4u:
@op is there something you want us to do after viewing those pic? I will advice you incorporate traveling into your writing skills, probably you will begin to understand that every community in Nigeria has got one or more situations as stated by your post about Abraka!

And you think you've travelled more than myself?

In any case, every community has people that write about them. I chose Abraka. You can write about yours or get out of my face.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by grizeal(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
I dnt get it d man jst said it all na is d truth abt abk. Abraka is diff 4m delsu 4 d fact dt d VC is working n renovating the sch does nt mean development is cuming to Abraka. My own is mostly on d LIGHT n ROAD there is nofin to write home abt. This is a town dt host d only state university in Delta state so wat is d government doing.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Drigdee(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
OP nobody is quarelling with you. But you cannot deny that you exagerated everything.
Some of the roads are better now except for ekrejeta and
The dead street light that comes up in the afternoon and flashes in the night.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by grizeal(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]Abraka is happening @ abk now is officially been opened. We now have our own CHAMPIONS PLANET with a diff. 4 ur live Games, Ur birthday parties, everyday relaxation, n our every week parties package 4 ur pleasure. Check US out one day n I promise u wud luv to cum d next day. Like us on fb.com/championsplanetabraka no get first claSs informations abt our everyday events and weekly football fixtures.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rukkyland(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
clogogo:
oP stop selling wrong story about my Ex school ABK, i schooled at Abraka between 2006 - 2011 and i was there to collect my Result Just Last month, And it was better than when we where at that school Stop that Nonsense angry angry angry angry angry angry

liar.. capital one at that. no be only you go abk. the OP too go abk. I go abk.. and I am from abk. nothing has changed..

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Festy4u(m): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

And you think you've travelled more than myself?

In any case, every community has people that write about them. I chose Abraka. You can write about yours or get out of my face.

It was an harmless advice to correct your view/impression about Abraka! I'm not here to brag about places I have been opportuned to travelled to but with your response; I'm sure I'm widely travelled more than yourself!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by sirnicson(m): 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
The OP exaggerated the Death Town Description of Abraka.

Agreeing with you that, there is need for improved facilities and infrastructures in the town, but your facts are nonetheless predated and value laden.

Abraka has benefitted tremendously from the siting of DELSU and the growth of tourism. The town grew from its semi-rural status of Pre-DELSU days, when towns like Sapele and Warri were already established, and Agbor was booming tremendously from trade links and routes to Onitsha, Uromi and Benin City. Now we see Abraka has grown and has matched Sapele in relevance and status as a 2nd order town in Delta State. A town that was years ago in the level of what Oleh is today.

I do not stay in Delta State, but I have extensively travelled Delta and Edo States, and I believe Abraka fairs better in infrastructure, security and economic prospects than other university towns such as Ozoro and Ekpoma.
It continues to be a hub for transportation between South Delta and East Delta, the tourism capital of Delta State, home of a constantly expanding Delta State University, etc.

Why the prospects for Abraka is huge, the policy direction of the Present Governor is uncertain at best, which poses a dilemma for infrastructural transformation of Abraka as with Delta State in general.

BY THE WAY, I TOO DID NOT READ THROUGH THE POST AFTER THE FIRST PARAGRAPH AND SUBSEQUENT PICTURES SHOWED THE POST TO BE AMATEURISH and LAZY, AND THE WRITER'S ARGUMENT AT BEST WEAKENED BY LOCALIZED PERCEPTION/EXPOSURE AND EMOTIONS.

#MyTwoCents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rukkyland(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
Drigdee:
OP nobody is quarelling with you. But you cannot deny that you exagerated everything.

Abeg mention some of the road that is better now.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
Festy4u:

It was an harmless advice to correct your view/impression about Abraka! I'm not here to brag about places I have been opportuned to travelled to but with your response; I'm sure I'm widely travelled more than yourself!

It okay. No offence taken and none intended.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
sirnicson:

Agreeing with you that, there is need for improved facilities and infrastructures in the town, but your facts are nonetheless predated and value laden.

Abraka has benefitted tremendously from the sitting of DELSU and the growth of tourism. The town grew from its semi-rural status of Pre-DELSU days, when towns like Sapele and Warri were already established, and Agbor was booming tremendously from trade links and routes to Onitsha, Uromi and Benin City. Now we see Abraka has grown and has matched Sapele in relevance and status as a 2nd order town in Delta State. A town that was years ago in the level of what Oleh is today.

I do not stay in Delta State, but I have extensively travelled Delta and Edo State, and I believe Abraka fairs better in infrastructure, security and economic prospects than other university towns such as Ozoro, Ekpoma.
It continues to be a hub for transportation between South Delta and East Delta, the tourism capital of Delta State, home of a constantly expanding Delta State University, etc.

Why the prospects for Abraka is huge, the policy direction of the Present Governor is uncertain at best, which poses a dilemma for infrastructural transformation of Abraka as with Delta State in general.

BY THE WAY, I TOO DID NOT READ THROUGH THE POST AFTER THE FIRST PARAGRAPH AND SUBSEQUENT PICTURES SHOWED THE POST TO BE AMATEURISH and LAZY, AND THE WRITER'S ARGUMENT AT WEAKENED BY LOCALIZED PERCEPTION/EXPOSURE/EMOTIONS

And yet it's been accepted by vanguard. Keep hating all you want! When you have written an article that surpasses any of my articles or books, then come back.

Gosh! You guys dont even know the first 5 rules of satire.

Meanwhile, you seem to be so sound in English for someone too proud to read cheesy
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rukkyland(m): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
sirnicson:

Abraka has benefitted tremendously from the sitting of DELSU and the growth of tourism. The town grew from its semi-rural status of Pre-DELSU days, when towns like Sapele and Warri were already established, and Agbor was booming tremendously from trade links and routes to Onitsha, Uromi and Benin City. Now we see Abraka has grown and has matched Sapele in relevance and status as a 2nd order town in Delta State. A town that was years ago in the level of what Oleh is today.

I do not stay in Delta State, but I have extensively travelled Delta and Edo State, and I believe Abraka fairs better in infrastructure, security and economic prospects than other university towns such as Ozoro, Ekpoma.

BY THE WAY, I TOO DID NOT READ THROUGH THE POST AFTER THE FIRST PARAGRAPH AND SUBSEQUENT PICTURES SHOWED THE POST TO BE AMATEURISH and LAZY, AND THE WRITER'S ARGUMENT AT WEAKENED BY LOCALIZED PERCEPTION/EXPOSURE/EMOTIONS

misinterpretation of the OP write up. reading it again will do you more good. this is my town we are talking about here..

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
rukkyland:

misinterpretation of the OP write up. reading it again will do you more good. this is my town we are talking about here..
Thank you!!!!
Many of these people did not read the article and yet are here ranting about what and what not. Is it now a bad thing to attract public attention to a place? Most of them dont even read Newspapers. Have they even see Niger Delta Voice? They are complaining of my writeup! Let them go and see others in Niger Delta Voice.

Nigerian!!!!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
Drigdee:

Exaggerated what?

Most of you attacking me are the ones who dont want development to come to Abraka!!! You think I am antagonising the town or the school! I grew up here, schooled in DELSU. My Dad lectures here. My mom is from the town and lectures here too. What will I gain to attack a town I so cherish and have developed all my memories from?

Please read my article again sir if you must comment from now. I am stating things AS I SEE THEM. Everybody's perception is different. Mine is unique and mine must be heard. If you want yours to be heard, kindly write an article on it.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by evadreams(f): 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Goodboiyy post=39354
586:

Guy na wa for you oo.. na today you dey abraka ?.. u be 100l ?.. you nor know say na Only Holiday Abk they get light ?.. na wa for u oo

Wetin u dey talk sef? warri sef nor dey get light then na Abraka village u wan see steady light. to me Abraka get light pass some places for warri. I agree say during holiday light dey steady compare to wen student dey around. As for d roads those na old pictures except the OP dey talk about the small villages... campus 3 road don bad but this year na the road take spoil like dat.... dat road be clean before even Erejeta rd.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
evadreams:

Wetin u dey talk sef? warri sef nor dey get light then na Abraka village u wan see steady light. to me Abraka get light pass some places for warri. I agree say during holiday light dey steady compare to wen student dey around. As for d roads those na old pictures except the OP dey talk about the small villages... campus 3 road don bad but this year na the road take spoil like dat.... dat road be clean before even Erejeta rd.

So Abraka is perfect and this call-to-order article is useless? smh
I wonder when Nigerians will learn basic things.

Sorry to say o Evadreams, but you still dont understand this article and I suggest you read it again before your next comment, if you must comment.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rukkyland(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kennydoc:

Last semester exams? Are you for real? Did you see my moniker? Take a look at it again.
The post is long, especially for those who have little or no business with Abraka or Delta state as a whole. I read much longer posts here on NL, but I only read the ones that will impart knowledge and give me relevant information.

Abeg extinguish.
you have no mission here.
just lost as I dey look you so.
besides who cares about your moniker. na for ur pocket o. na sense we dey talk here.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by sirnicson(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

And yet it's been accepted by vanguard. Keep hating all you want! When you have written an article that surpasses any of my articles or books, then come back.

Gosh! You guys dont even know the first 5 rules of satire.

Meanwhile, you seem to be so sound in English for someone too proud to read cheesy

Its called constructive criticism, and here is one again.
•Vanguard is not gonna help your career as a writter.
•When you publish on Punch, Guardian, Premium Times, ThisDay or present it in a serminar, then that is worth showing a bravado for!
•As a writer-to-be, the likes of us CRITICS would always be here to hunt you. My two cent is you try to attack the opinion of the critic rather than his person. This is the first rule of engagement in been a columnist in a national daily.
#BLESSYOU

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by darlenese(f): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
Delta Stress University
The four years i spent in that school I never saw light , except when I was writing my project, there was light because student were on hols.
It has always been like that

I graduated 4 years ago , dnt really know the present situation .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
sirnicson:

Its called constructive criticism, and here is one again.
•Vanguard is not gonna help your career as a writter.
•When you publish on Punch, Guardian, Premium Times, ThisDay or present it in a serminar, then that is worth showing a bravado for!
•As a writer-to-be, the likes of us CRITICS would always be here to hunt you. My two cent is you try to attack the opinion of the critic rather than his person. This is the first rule of engagement in been a columnist in a national daily.
#BLESSYOU

My career as a writer has nothing to do with vanguard!!! I write for sports when I publish in Vanguard. I am a published poet and literary critic with journal articles to my name. Freemanan here has even co-written and published poems with me in various literary magazines.

I do this kind of writing rarely and when I AM BORED. I just entered Abraka recently to see my parents and I saw the condition here, WHAT I SAW informed my writing!!!

As for critics, I do not attack rational critique. I attack critics who attack my person or misunderstand my stand. I dont like being misunderstood. I LOVE ABRAKA. In fact, I love Abraka so much that I want positive changes in this town. I am not attacking the town but attacking Government's neglect of the town. I am not attacking DELSU either.It is my alma mater.

And Thank You for your second post! I appreciate your angle.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by darlenese(f): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
evadreams:

Really? how? Don't underestimate that school, quote me anywhere that school is better than UNIBEN and UNIPORT although they lack some few things their teaching standard is high and marking..... to block lecturer sef na war.

True
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by eROCK247(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Op the situation is not limited to delta state,go to some part of lagos you will wonder if that is not the same state some of the timbers and iroko of our country reside...

Btw who says there is no streetlight herehmmm wonder how many communities you have been to here selfsad
It wasn't a comparative study! And yes, dere r streetlights in abk, NONFUNCTIONAL streetlights!!! They just constructed d 1st drainage seen in d town(d new road connecting ekrejeta to abk-obiaruku road). DTSG needs to do something abt that town!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

My career as a writer has nothing to do with vanguard!!! I write for sports when I publish in Vanguard. I am a published poet and literary critic with journal articles to my name. Freemanan here has even co-written and published poems with me in various literary magazines.

I do this kind of writing rarely and when I AM BORED. I just entered Abraka recently to see my parents and I saw the condition here, WHAT I SAW informed my writing!!!

As for critics, I do not attack rational critique. I attack critics who attack my person or misunderstand my stand. I dont like being misunderstood. I LOVE ABRAKA. In fact, I love Abraka so much that I want positive changes in this town. I am not attacking the town but attacking Government's neglect of the town. I am not attacking DELSU either.It is my alma mater.

CONFIRM!!!!

Rational criticism are always healthy!

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rukkyland(m): 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Thank you!!!!
Many of these people did not read the article and yet are here ranting about what and what not. Is it now a bad thing to attract public attention to a place? Most of them dont even read Newspapers. Have they even see Niger Delta Voice? They are complaining of my writeup! Let them go and see others in Niger Delta Voice.

Nigerian!!!!

and the funny thing is Dat.. some of them commenting here have never been to Abraka and even if they had. maybe they went there for post ume and never got admitted.. it is just a way of showing their frustration on the town... enemies of progress.. uuuuu
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Kennydoc(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
rukkyland:

Abeg extinguish.
you have no mission here.
just lost as I dey look you so.
besides who cares about your moniker. na for ur pocket o. na sense we dey talk here.

You're obviously a kid and aren't worth my time. Run along little child. Go and play with sand.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by sirnicson(m): 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
rukkyland:

Painstackingly i have had to and it still does not hold water. Abraka is not Warri nor Agbor, and in Nigeria, villages dont transform into paradise unless they are Federal or State Capitals. Even with the later, there are still challenges. But i repeat that Abraka has seen worst days and its prospect for future growth is huge. Get your traditional rulers and LGA chairman to sustain the continued private investment in Tourism in the town and let this be supported by the state government infrastructural development so we get to see things working. You all be looking to Oil when you have got a good thing in your own backyard.

If only Okowa will continue Uduaghan's transformation agenda of Delta State and his brainchild DELTA BEYOND OIL.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by rukkyland(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kennydoc:

You're obviously a kid and aren't worth my time. Run along little child. Go and play with sand.

you dey mad.. your fada.
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by fratermathy(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
sirnicson:

Painstackingly i have had to and it still does not hold water. Abraka is not Warri nor Agbor, and in Nigeria, villages dont transform into paradise unless they are Federal or State Capitals. Even with the later, there are still challenges. But i repeat that Abraka has seen worst days and its prospect for future growth is huge. Get your traditional rulers and LGA chairman to sustain the continued private investment in Tourism in the town and let this be supported by the state government infrastructural development so we get to see things working. You all be looking to Oil when you have got a good thing in your own backyard.

If only Okowa will continue Uduaghan's transformation agenda of Delta State and his brainchild DELTA BEYOND OIL.

Trust me when I say, Okowa HAS NO PLANS for ABRAKA! The LGA has NO PLANS for ABRAKA and I daresay, the traditional rulers are after their own interest from the look of things. It took 3 months+ for a stretch of potholes in front of UDUAGHAN PARK to be repaired by FERMA! The newly completed Umonu street tarred road is also waning especially at its express entrance! I have not seen light for more than 30mins on any given day that it even manages to come with its low voltage. Things are bad. Abraka is a University Town. It is the first point of call for most non-Deltans who come to school, research or do anything academic here. Nothing here is exaggerated. If it is, all the better because the situation must be checked before it becomes worse. Abraka is strategic in Delta State. It is a major point of call and it connects Sapele with Agbor. Abraka should atleast be comparable to Ife at least!!!
Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by sirnicson(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

Working while chilling nonetheless.....its healthy for upbeat professionalism. By the way i am Deltan too and i do want the best for Delta as a whole.

And while i do not have anything against DELSU, nigeria Universities rarely do anything to infrastructurally develop their host or adjoint communities. Take for example UNIBEN (my alma mater), other than providing home niggaz human/policy resources to perpetuate crime and initimidation in Ekosodin/Ugbowo (the host communities), UNIBEN has done next to nothing to even provide street lights nor pipe borne water for the villagers and its students that live in these communities. And they are not asking for roads which might be bigger than the school. So i believe DELSU faces these challenges too, same with Uniport in communities like Alakari and Choba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Abraka, Delta State; The Derelict University Town by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
fratermathy:

I never said that was Ekrejeta road in my article, did I? When last did you go to Ekrejeta?

By the way, is the condition at Ekrejeta better than this?

Just to be clear, that picture was taken in Abraka!!!
. So what part of abraka was that picture taken? @Op I was at abraka last month, and some places now wear a new look, Umono street and one other street is in perfect condition. @ Op I am a staff kid also so I do visit abk at least 3 times a year, I was in abk in the days of Bensu staff school,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video) / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.