Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg (39517 Views)

Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / 99% Of Schools And Roads In Ogun Are Bad, worst state / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:19pm On May 02, 2016
Booom shaka laka...am back with the western cape. This is 30km away from Cape Town and still looks RIO, MIAMI etc..

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:22pm On May 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:36pm On May 02, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:43pm On May 02, 2016
cheesy grin grin grin

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:46pm On May 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:50pm On May 02, 2016
AFRICAS VENICE... grin grin grin cry cry cry
we are coming closer to CAPE TOWN CBD.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:54pm On May 02, 2016
grin grin

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:56pm On May 02, 2016
TBC....To be contnued some people are GONNA FAINT.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 1:04pm On May 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin
few hints on whats coming and more planned TOWERING STAFF cry cry cry cry.
YOUNG BLOOD BEHIND THE FUTURE CAPE TOWN.... grin grin grin

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 1:11pm On May 02, 2016
DEMOLISH PEOPLES SUBURBAN HOMES AND MOVING THEM FOR OUR NEW DEVELOPMENTS.

Yes the our cities BUY THEM OUT OF MUNICIPAL land even though they own the houses that still on MUNICIPAL LAND.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by chinchum(m): 1:26pm On May 02, 2016
there is fallacy in the op's assertion. beauty /quality infrastructure of a country does not have a linear relationship with the size of an economy. Nigeria is 200 million vs South africa's less than 60 million.

All things being equal, China is set to overtake USA as the largest economy in the world in less than a decade.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by free37: 2:37pm On May 02, 2016
Hmm..
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 11:52am On May 07, 2016
This one needs SERIOUS EDUCATION. I dont blame but blame your inferior education system. SOUTH AFRICA IS STILL THE MOST ADVANCE ECONOMY IN AFRICA AND DIFFICULT TO MEASURE BECAUSE OF THE WAY OUR ECONOMY IS DESIGNED. Very different to the rest of AFRICA.

Let me give hints on S.A.s 3 LEGGED POT STYLE economy. Where the government, private sector and banking sector work together to achieve one goal serving the people of S.A.

THE JOHANNESBURG STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET CAP IS OVER $1 TRILLION AND THATS DOUBLE nigerias REBASED GDP (False legs/high heels ).

THE BANKING SECTOR
SA's richest banks dominate the top 10 in AFRICA.
1. Standard Bank-$ 165 billion
2. ABSA Bank-$ 97 billion
3. First National Bank-$ 85 billion
4. Ned Bank-$ 80 billion
5. Bidvest Bank-$ 7 billion
6. Capitec Bank-$ 7 billion
7. Investec Bank-$ 6 billion
8. African Bank-$ 5 billion
9. Imperial Bank-$ 3 billion
10. Sasfin Bank-$ 2 billion
11. Teba Bank-$ 150 million
TOTAL Roughly $388 billion

S.A. RICHEST COMPANIES EXCLUDING MINING, AGRICULTURAL AND FISHING, MANUFACTURING.
1. SANLAM-$ 53 billion
2. MMI Holdings- $ 37 Billion
3. SASOL-$ 26 billion
4. MTN-$ 30 billion
5. Steinhoff-$ 18 billion
6. Naspers/Multi choice-$ 14 billion
7. Shoprite-$ 12 Billion
8. Remgro-$ 7 billion
9. Aspen-$ 7 Billion
10. RMB Holidings- $3 Billion
11. MMI Holdings $ 37 Billion
12. Liberty Group $3.5 Billion
13. Truworths Group $3 Billion
14. Mondi Paper Group $4 Billion
15. Growthpoint $5 Billion
16. Telkom $17 Billion
17. SAB Miller $120 billion second largest Beer brand in the world. 12 x bigger than Dangote/HOUSE NEGRO.
18. Discovery $4 Billion
19. Vodacom $32 Billion bigger than MTN and based in S.A. only cry cry cry cry
20. Kumba Iron ore MINING $15 Billion
21. Old Mutual $15 Billion
22. Impala Platinum $6 Billion
23. Woolworths Group $6 Billion
24. Tigerbrands $5 Billion
25. Exarro MINING $7 Billion
26. Royal Bafokeng Holdings MINING $4 Billion
27. RMB MINING $48 Billion
Note: I have not counted smaller mushrooms/companies from S.A. and International companies like ANGLO AMERICAN, BHP BILLITON etc..
TOTAL Roughly $200 Billion
OVERALL=Over $588 Billion thats bigger than your economy note we have not counted The MINING, AGRICULTURE, MANUFACTURING AND FISHING COMPANIES. grin grin grin

ZAR COMPANIES ALONE MAKE UP AROUND $900 Billion of the over $1,2 trillion in JSE.

chinchum:
there is fallacy in the op's assertion. beauty /quality infrastructure of a country does not have a linear relationship with the size of an economy. Nigeria is 200 million vs South africa's less than 60 million.

All things being equal, China is set to overtake USA as the largest economy in the world in less than a decade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by MPSA(m): 5:58am On May 08, 2016
Rossikk:

You need to understand what GDP means. It does not mean money earned by he govt but rather, by the people as it were. Nigeria remains one of the least heavily taxed nations on earth so much of the GDP wealth remains with the people, not the govt.

I don't know how GDP works, grin Do you want to tell us; This money of GDP we can't found it from nigerian banks and taxman. This money is with people?, but the same people are complaining because they don't see this GDP money grin .They are still looking for that money that your are talking about grin, Where is this money, since isn't on nigerians banks and taxman. For me I believe this is a ghost money, or is only on paper. People are looking for this money of GDP. Nigerian annual budget is too small but the GDP is high, where is this money cheesy, or is at the banks ? grin

2 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by mikolo80: 6:07pm On May 08, 2016
oduastates:
Largest economy my butt.
Nothing but Iweala statistical 419 for Jonathan's reelection.
Even after massaging and inflating the figures from agriculture, it is easy for the discerning to figure out that the South African economy is not only larger, but deeper.
It shows not only from the size of their budget but even from their agricultural output. Products which are exported all over the world.
What about banking, telecommunications, IT,statistics, tourism, mining, show business, construction etc. South Africa totally owns Nigeria.
Lastly, when I say that Abuja is rubbish for the money spent and wasted on it, your picture proves it all over again.
South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia etc were building power plants, steel plant,aqueduct,pharmaceutical, IT,industrial and technology Hubs while our useless leaders were wasting money on building a chappy and soulless capital.
Guess what? they are still wasting money on that rubbish.
The worst thing is that Nigerians cannot even build their own damn roads. They give the contracts to foreigners to build them substandard infrastructure.

it's like you missed the class on growth and development and some reading and comprehension. largest economy yes. per capita and other indices no
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by mikolo80: 6:08pm On May 08, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:
In 2014, the Nigeria government made a dubious claim that Nigeria economy has overtaken that of South Africa.

Like I said then, I am of the opinion that the reason Nigeria government keep getting away with obvious lies is because most Nigerians are not well travelled.

For clerity I have been to major cities in EUROPE but it never bothered me this much that Nigeria is so backward because I believe they have a head start.

Well, I am currently in south Africa and in Johannesburg. This country is 100times ahead of Nigeria in all indices of development.

A comparism of where normal citizens live with the best places the richest Nigerians live in Lagos for instance shows a South African earning a stipend living in Joburg has a better life quality than his Nigerian counterpart with millions.

largest GDP yes, per capita no. pretend you got a sound education at least. no fall our hand outside
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by mikolo80: 6:41pm On May 08, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:
In 2014, the Nigeria government made a dubious claim that Nigeria economy has overtaken that of South Africa.

Like I said then, I am of the opinion that the reason Nigeria government keep getting away with obvious lies is because most Nigerians are not well travelled.

For clerity I have been to major cities in EUROPE but it never bothered me this much that Nigeria is so backward because I believe they have a head start.

Well, I am currently in south Africa and in Johannesburg. This country is 100times ahead of Nigeria in all indices of development.

A comparism of where normal citizens live with the best places the richest Nigerians live in Lagos for instance shows a South African earning a stipend living in Joburg has a better life quality than his Nigerian counterpart with millions.

please google ''Adam Smith and pin making '' to understand why Southie with less GDP and population is 100 times better than Nigeria with more resources
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by yemisi92: 6:48pm On May 08, 2016
Noted
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by oduastates: 8:49pm On May 08, 2016
mikolo80:
it's like you missed the class on growth and development and some reading and comprehension. largest economy yes. per capita and other indices no

Let us take Agriculture that they used to massage the GDP figures. What exactly does Nigeria produce that SA doesn't in larger quantities.
They actually export their excess?

Let us start with south Africa 25 steel mills.
Then we go to their 80,000MW power supply.
No of 5 star hotels and tourism.
South Africa has the second largest refinery capacity in Africa after Algeria.
Chemicals
Electrical
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by mikolo80: 10:41pm On May 08, 2016
oduastates:

Let us take Agriculture that they used to massage the GDP figures. What exactly does Nigeria produce that SA doesn't in larger quantities.
They actually export their excess?

Let us start with south Africa 25 steel mills.
Then we go to their 80,000MW power supply.
No of 5 star hotels and tourism.
South Africa has the second largest refinery capacity in Africa after Algeria.
Chemicals
Electrical
all I know is we have 800 billion dollar economy.but most of the wealth is in a few games and a third of that is Agric. yes, bad as e bad our farmers are still producing the largest chunk of our GDP, imagine if we added value. oil only represents about 12%(correction prolly less now with the fall in price of oil. )do not confuse it with 80% of govt revenue. it's still less than 10%of GDP cos our leaders know that they cannot loot taxes as easily as oil without repercussions. sowhile our GDP is larger quality of life still sucks. for example 1 person with 20 apples versus 20 people with 30 apples. to propagandees the 30 makes a good sound bite in the press. but I'm reality they only get 1½ apples each unlike the other guy with 20

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DSS Finds Rolls Royce In Judge’s 15 Cars Fleet-the Nation / Looters Return Stolen Palliatives In Plateau; Ask For Forgiveness / Soldiers Burn Houses In Ohafia, Abia Over Death Of 7 Soldiers By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.