Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg (39516 Views)

Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / 99% Of Schools And Roads In Ogun Are Bad, worst state / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rossikk:

You are a complete moro.n and economic illiterate. For your information, you dunce, the Nigerian economy is Africa's largest BY FAR, and it has ABSOLUTELY ZILCH to do with the standard of infrastructure in South Africa. If we are to measure the size of economies by infrastructure, then UAE or Kuwait would easily be the world's largest economies. But India and Pakistan are larger economies than UAE or Kuwait by any measurement, even though you will see levels of deprivation in the former that can never be seen in the latter. USE YOUR dull BRAIN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE. NITWIT who found himself in South Africa and can't control himself. ''Largest economy'' does not mean ''most advanced'' or ''most developed'', or ''best infrastructure''. It means LARGEST ECONOMY, QED. IGNORANT DULLARDS DROWNING IN INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

I will ignore the insults, most of you react more with emotions than your brains these days.

INFERIORTY COMPLEX IS ASKING QUESTIONS ON WHY MY DEAR COUNTRY REMAINS SO BACKWARD IN 2015? WHILE ANOTHER SIMIALR COUNTRY IN AFRICA APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN GETTING IT RIGHT

Where is the wealth from the largest economy when all we do in Lagos to Abuja is hustle, traffic is chaotic, no good roads, no electricity, security is zero, no good health centres e.t.c....

Wouldn't an average Nigerian prefer an economy that actually works for him. Like people don't have to wake up 4am to avoid morning traffic, like you don't have to leave work 10pm to avoid traffic while praying there is electricity when you get home.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Ballmer: 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
more pictures of nigeria [abj] for the dunce that just discovered paved roads today after leaving ajegunle straight to SA

Mr can you see this your picture, this is just one place in the capital of Nigeria.

I am telling it to your face that almost 99.9% of homes in any state in South Africa have tarred road running from door step to door step. I live in Ajah Lagos and I can tell you the 8 lane LekkiAjah expressway Fashola is building Ia already filled with pothole and it's not even 10% completed. Nigerians governors are evil. This is one of your best and we are still grappling with building highways when would be start construction of intra state roads ?

If you are not understanding what am saying every local govt road in South Africa is beta tarred than any highway that will ever be built in Nigeria till kingdom come and unlike Nigeria every road in SA from village to bushes are tarred.

9 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by coolbreeze44: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rossikk:

Why is it that whenever one of you ILLITERATES insults Nigeria or Nigerians, you expect to be treated with calm and respect? Was the op calm and respectful when he derided and insulted Nigeria in his original post? Why did you not tell him to take it easy? Only when we rebuff your ILLITERACY and stinking INFERIORITY COMPLEX you remember we should be ''calm'' and ''respectful'' to you. GET LOST. If you don't respect Nigeria, we don't respect you!
I can't stop smiling at your post. Are you sure you can raise a family with this your anger. Hot blooded fellow, pls calm down. I am not on thesame page with the OP but your anger only exposes the state of mind and character of a typical Nigerian. Make your point like an educated person and leave!

7 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by BOWOTO(m): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:

so, IMF / WORLD BANK data is fake?
Drop this imf/world bank bullshit, how has it affected your standard or living, or the quality of life you live as an average Nigerian.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
gbokukueba:

There are no provinces in Johannesburg because it is in Gauteng province. There are 7 Provinces in South Africa more like states in Nigeria so please correct your earlier statement

Well I am still learning the way the place is organized, I am sure berfore the end of November when I will be leaving I will have a better grasp of this.....thanks for the correction
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SkyBlue1: 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I studied finance in school and I am a consultant right now working as a financial consultant to a bank.

The catch in every economic theory is how you measure policy performance vis-à-vis impact on the people living standard.

What we should be celebrating is not Nigeria having a bigger economy on paper in which the bulk of the wealth is stored away in politicians offshore accounts, rather how has the big economy lead to improvement in the life of an AVERAGE NIGERIAN.

This country may not have the biggest economy but the wealth of the country can actually been seen as an improvement in the people living condition.

Now you are talking about something completely different. I think you now see that you were wrong in your first stance, just accept it and move on.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
that guy has not entered an airplane before

Even if he has not entered an airplane before( you are foolish though) and now that he has entered, is anything wrong in him asking question on how his country has been governed and why is country is not getting it right?

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
BOWOTO:
Drop this imf/world bank bullshit, how has it affected your standard or living, or the quality of life you live as an average Nigerian.
my business in nigeria is doing fine.. i don't spend my whole day complaining like you

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by BOWOTO(m): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
why are you talking like you have palm oil in your brain? do you know what nigeria was like 100 years ago? i bet if the afrikaaners left SA like naija, you no go complain now.. SA could have been another congo
See why Nigeria cannot develop? we having a simple conversation here and you had to include insults, I'll leave you with your mentality.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Even if he has not entered an airplane before( you are foolish though) and now that he has entered, is anything wrong in him asking question on how his country has been governed and why is country is not getting it right?
d!mwit, provinces in joburg really! lie lie

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by BOWOTO(m): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
my business in nigeria is doing fine.. i don't spend my whole day complaining like you
Suffer and smile bro, it's what you do best.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
BOWOTO:
See why Nigeria cannot develop? we having a simple conversation here and you had to include insults, I'll leave you with your mentality.
it's annoying when you have to engage shallow minded nigerians online at times..

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
BOWOTO:
smile bro, it's what you do best.
better

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Well I am still learning the way the place is organized, I am sure berfore the end of November when I will be leaving I will have a better grasp of this.....thanks for the correction
make sure you visit their ghettos too and learn how they're still striving to hijack their economy back from whites..

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Now you are talking about something completely different. I think you now see that you were wrong in your first stance, just accept it and move on.

Maybe you didn't get where I am coming from, my point his, Nigeria government should stop brandishing statistics that have zero impact on an average Nigerians life.

We have a bigger economy right, but where is the physical manifestation of that big economy sad if basic infrastructure are not even available angry

This new generation in Africa really need to understand economics is a theory developed my humans which like every man made item has its limitations. If you are smarter you will understand there is a difference between what you earn and the purchasing power of what you earn.

Where is the power in our big economy when Nigeria is so backward?

Isn't it time we stop brandishing IMF voodoo economics of huge data and statistics that has no impact on the people.

What I am telling you, when you look at the real economy of Nigeria and SA and compare per capital income of its citizens, SA is way ahead of Nigeria and you can throw the paper statistics to the dustbins.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by BOWOTO(m): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

I will ignore the insults, most of you react more with emotions than your brains these days.

INFERIORTY COMPLEX IS ASKING QUESTIONS ON WHY MY DEAR COUNTRY REMAINS SO BACKWARD IN 2015? WHILE ANOTHER SIMIALR COUNTRY IN AFRICA APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN GETTING IT RIGHT

Where is the wealth from the largest economy when all we do in Lagos to Abuja is hustle, traffic is chaotic, no good roads, no electricity, security is zero, no good health centres e.t.c....

Wouldn't an average Nigerian prefer an economy that actually works for him. Like people don't have to wake up 4am to avoid morning traffic, like you don't have to leave work 10pm to avoid traffic while praying there is electricity when you get home.
You can't argue with this people, they'll start throwing insults when they have nothing else to say.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
d!mwit, provinces in joburg really! lie lie

Is something wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Is something wrong with you?
i should be asking you
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
guy, i currently reside in SA, and i admit it that they have far better infrastructure than nigeria and i've never claimed otherwise .. OP made it seem as if we don't have paved roads.. really?
There is a difference between having paved roads in 10 percent of the city while 90 PERCENT OF THE CITY IS A SHITHOLE.

Compared to a similar city, also branded business capital where it appears all the roads are of the right standard and things actually work.

Fela once said: Nigerians suffering and smiling grin
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
SkyBlue1:

I would say we are playing catch up mainly because of bad leadership and poor governance. Colonialism is not to be blamed for everything. In a global sense Nigeria was not the only country that gained independence around that time and left with little to no infrastructure. What is our excuse against the east asian countries? Nigeria was not as heavily affected by the first and second world wars. Other countries had their cities destroyed and rebuilt them, so no I don't always buy into or agree with the "we are not as developed today because of colonialism" no matter how significant a role it has played in the history of the country.

It's not a question of whether you agree or not. FACT is that South Africa started getting developed as early as the 1850s by the colonialists. Nigeria only began to see real development from 1960 onwards. After independence. THAT'S A FACT. There is no debate about it. Our first power station was Kainji Dam commissioned in 1968. South Africa's first power stations? Do a Google and all you'll see is dates starting from the 1880s.

As for the Asian Tigers. The ONLY reason we have those 4 Asian Tiger economies is that after WW2 the victorious allied nations decided to create a buffer in Asia against rampaging communism led by the victorious Soviet Union. This they did by creating 4 capitalist bulwarks which they funded, invested in heavily, and opened their markets to, in an unprecedented drive to enthrone capitalism.

The artificiality of the situation is easily shown by comparing the 4 tigers to their neighbours. South Korea is a different world from neighbouring Nepal, a third world hellhole. Singapore might as well be on a different planet from neighbouring Burma, a third world hellhole. Hong Kong is a world away from neighbouring Cambodia, a third world hellhole. Taiwan is a different planet from Laos, Vietnam etc. These SE Asian nations are racially, ethnically, and culturally identical, yet their living standards vary wildly. That shows you there is externally influenced artificiality in the economic advancement of the 4 Tiger nations vis a vis the rest.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
i should be asking you

You are sad your country is been bashed for not demanding more from its government or what? I don't understand what your problem is really angry
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Horus(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDPL0fNOWY

[size=15pt]Real Black African Country Takes #1 Richest Spot[/size]
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by BOWOTO(m): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
make sure you visit their ghettos too and learn how they're still striving to hijack their economy back from whites..
ive been to. lots of ghettos here, Danun, langa... etc these places still have the basic amenities, electricity, drinkable tap water, maybe not secured for strangers but they are still habitable.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Ballmer: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:

Here we go again with confused Nigerians. How is black trying to hijack the economy from white related to Light year development SA is experiencing compared to the never develop we are grappling with in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SkyBlue1: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Maybe you didn't get where I am coming from, my point his, Nigeria government should stop brandishing statistics that have zero impact on an average Nigerians life.

We have a bigger economy right, but where is the physical manifestation of that big economy sad if basic infrastructure are not even available angry

This new generation in Africa really need to understand economics is a theory developed my humans which like every man made item has its limitations. If you are smarter you will understand there is a difference between what you earn and the purchasing power of what you earn.

Where is the power in our big economy when Nigeria is so backward?

Isn't it time we stop brandishing IMF voodoo economics of huge data and statistics that has no impact on the people.

What I am telling you, when you look at the real economy of Nigeria and SA and compare per capital income of its citizens, SA is way ahead of Nigeria and you can throw the paper statistics to the dustbins.

Guy. Stop. You are back tracking now and taking different tangents. Your original post clearly implied that evidence of Nigeria having a bigger economy than SA were fraudulent and false. You have been corrected, let us move on. If you want to have a different discussion on quality of life and GDP per capita, then that is a different issue. But just for the record, Nigeria has a bigger economy than SA.

2 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

There is a difference between having paved roads in 10 percent of the city while 90 PERCENT OF THE CITY IS A SHITHOLE.

Compared to a similar city, also branded business capital where it appears all the roads are of the right standard and things actually work.

Fela once said: Nigerians suffering and smiling grin
a shallow minded buffon! it's a waste of time engaging you. for your type, all that glitters is gold..

you no sabi southie at all

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rossikk:

[size=15pt]Can somebody please shut this illiterate up? You are a ''financial consultant'' yet you measure the size of an economy by looking at the BRT system in Johannesburg? You talk of GDP wealth ''stored away in politicians' offshore accounts''? Which shows you DON'T know the meaning of GDP. Kindly shut your trap and return to secondary school where you belong. Mr 'financial consultant to bank'.[/size]

What are you sad about? the reference to the BRT system is to underscore how Nigeria cannot seem to get the basics of infrastructure right.

The same situation about the road networks, to management to having proper organization of the streets also extend to all other aspect of the city.

Wait, you are sad someone is asking why Nigeria seems to be so backward to another African country in 2015 while you pride yourself and shout giant of Africa grin

Don't worry, the purpose of the thread to thinking minds is clear, Nigeria need to do more and get it right. Not just throwing statistics about( IMF trick 101)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ballmer:

Here we go again with confused Nigerians. How is black trying to hijack the economy from white related to Light year development SA is experiencing compared to the never develop we are grappling with in Nigeria.
your friend, @op.. will understand that statement before he leaves SA [as he claims]

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
a shallow minded buffon! it's a waste of time engaging you. for your type, all that glitters is gold..

you no sabi southie at all

Yes I don't, if you have another opinion state it and stop insulting people because they think their country need to get it right.

The part I don't understand is, WHAT ARE YOU SAD ABOUT?

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

ILLITERATE, SHUT YOUR TRAP AND GO AND LEARN A THING OR TWO BEFORE TYPING MORE GARBAGE. This TRASH you wrote above could be written about India, Brazil, and in some cases even China. Yet nobody disputes that those three nations are among the 5 largest economies on earth. It is about GDP size. Go and learn the meaning of GDP and stop typing illiterate RUBBISH. Typical DUMB Nigerian. Even when they correct your DUMBNESS and IGNORANCE you still carry on like a brainless GOAT.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
iterator24:
your friend, @op.. will understand that statement before he leaves SA [as he claims]

Yeah there are other observations but the reason for my thread is for the need for infrastructural development in Nigeria, lets catch up with SA in this.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rossikk:

ILLITERATE, SHUT YOUR TRAP AND GO AND LEARN A THING OR TWO BEFORE TYPING MORE GARBAGE. This TRASH you wrote above could be written about India, and in some cases even China. Yet nobody disputes that those two nations are among the 4 or 5 largest economies on earth. It is about GDP size. Go and learn the meaning of GDP and stop typing illiterate RUBBISH. Typical DUMB Nigerian. Even when they correct your DUMBNESS and IGNORANCE you still carry on like a brainless GOAT.

Sorry you have the biggest GDP in Africa..up Nigeria grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari To Unveil $70m Oshodi Transport Interchange / Yahaya Bello Explains Why Fani-Kayode Did Not Join APC / You Acted Like An Errand Boy: Court Dismisses Keyamo's SPV Suit Against Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.