Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg (39557 Views)

Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / 99% Of Schools And Roads In Ogun Are Bad, worst state / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by oduastates: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

Not disagreeing, but saying their infrastructural development is on par with Europe is silly. Even America is not up to Europe when it comes to certain infrastructure (public trasnport being one).

Apart from the old western European countries with their classical infrastructure mixed with modernity, south Africa's infrastructure is actually better than most of the other European countries. Coming From someone who has visited 15 of them countries. The likes of Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Latvia,Albania, Hungary do not have comparable infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by azat: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
I don't know how people become too sentimental to think that this country will ever work. It's blind faith. I wish I could get such faith, but unfortunately pramatism will not let me.

I do not feel bad when people refer to Nigeria as a zoo. It is almost like a zoo.

I rest my case. Talkin abt this place, this entity called Nigeria, will only bring you headache.

I refuse to blame anyone who seem to have lost hope here.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Lucasbalo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
DropShot:

You could have said all this without the name calling!
The guy Rossikk is a notorious name caller. His first instinct is to call people names. I wonder what he derives from insulting people. You can read his posts and see how notorious he is.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by oduastates: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
azat:
I don't know how people become too sentimental to think that this country will ever work. It's blind faith. I wish I could get such a faith, but unfortunately pramatism will not let me.

I do not feel bad when people refer to Nigeria as a zoo. It is almost like a zoo.

I rest my case. Talkin abt this place, this entity called Nigeria, will only bring you headache.

I refuse to blame anyone who seem to have lost hope here.

They are simply used to mediocrity. I criticised Fashola and tinubu recently,some I did not do before, because the dangers of GEJ clueless regime.
We cannot afford to remove the better ones from the chessboard while the clueless ones are wrecking havoc.
While the money might not be there to build world class infrastructure, you do not need too much money to enforce town planning rules.

In 2008, South Africa's estimated share of world platinum production amounted to 77%; kyanite and other materials, 55%; chromium, 45%; palladium, 39%; vermiculite, 39%; vanadium, 38%; zirconium, 30%; manganese, 21%; rutile, 20%; ilmenite, 19%; gold, 11%; fluorspar, 6%; aluminium, 2%; antimony, 2%; iron ore, 2%; nickel, 2%; and phosphate rock, 1%.[28] South Africa also accounted for nearly 5% of the world's polished diamond production by value.[28] The country's estimated share of world reserves of platinum group metals amounted to 89%; hafnium, 46%; zirconium, 27%; vanadium, 23%; manganese, 19%; rutile, 18%; fluorspar, 18%; gold, 13%; phosphate rock, 10%; ilmenite, 9%; and nickel, 5%.[28] It is also the world's third largest coal exporter.

The mining sector has a mix of privately owned and state-controlled mines, the latter including African Exploration Mining and Finance Corporation.[32]

From Wikipedia
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lucasbalo:
The guy Rossikk is a notorious name caller. His first instinct is to call people names. I wonder what he derives from insulting people. You can read his posts and see how notorious he is.
If you sit down in your middle class environment with phone, ipad, laptop, nice flat, education etc, and are calling for whites to return and rule you, I will call you an ignorant, disgusting little pig, not least because the modern life you currently enjoy was provided by black govts while the white rulers you worship brought your forbears nothing but neglect, illiteracy, backwardness, peasantry and underdevelopment. So go ahead. Make my day!

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Lucasbalo(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:
If you sit down in your middle class environment with phone, ipad, laptop, nice flat, education etc, and are calling for whites to return and rule you, I will call you an ignorant, disgusting little pig, not least because the modern life you currently enjoy was provided by black govts while the white rulers you worship brought your forbears nothing but neglect, illiteracy, backwardness, peasantry and underdevelopment. So go ahead. Make my day!
You do not know of what you speak. I never called for white men to come back and rule in Nigeria. I live in a very advanced country of almost 350 million people who has a Blackman as a President. You can disagree with someone rationally without resorting to name calling . That's a sign of immaturity. No one has monopoly to Solomomic Wisdom.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You do not know of what you speak. I never called for white men to come back and rule in Nigeria. I live in a very advanced country of almost 350 million people who has a Blackman as a President. You can disagree with someone rationally without resorting to name calling . That's a sign of immaturity. No one had monopoly to Solomomic Wisdom.
In your very advanced country of 350 million people, how would the blacks react to a black man who called for a return to slavery? How "mature" would be their reaction? How do blacks in your country react to sellout Uncle Toms? I'll tell you since you clearly have no clue. They are ostracized, scorned and derided for the bumbling idiotts they are. Same goes in Nigeria. There is no hiding place for your ilk in the black community anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Lucasbalo(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:
In your very advanced country of 350 million people, how would the blacks react to a black man who called for a return to slavery? How "mature" would be their reaction?
Well, goodluck to you. It's 7.51am and I am about to hit the shower and go to work. Good day. No animose towards you, just telling every answer you throw out shouldn't be insulting.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Well, goodluck to you. It's 7.51am and I am about to hit the shower and go to work. Good day. No animose towards you, just telling every answer you throw out shouldn't be insulting.
I asked you a simple question which you can't answer, only to repeat your lie that every answer I throw out is insulting. Lying pig you.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by forgiveness: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
BOWOTO:
The difference between South Africa And Nigeria is like "black and white"..... Nigeria should be compared to Ghana, congo, Togo..

I don't care about having the Highest GDP, if it doesn't make life easier for me then to hell with it. We should drop our ego and learn from these countries on development.

grin dis guy take style finish us.

Togo! angry
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by forgiveness: 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Rossikk:

Go around Nigeria and see the number of proper houses, roads, schools, vehicles, hospitals, airports etc, that exist in their MILLIONS compared to the thatched huts, footpaths, bicycles, and malnourished, barefoot children that were the norm under British rule. YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE. WE HAVE MADE SUBSTANTIAL PROGRESS SINCE INDEPENDENCE. Heck a guy like you even now gets to be among the over 100 million Nigerians with mobile phones, and not needing to use the town crier or smoke signals, like in the days of colonial rule, when telephones were unheard of for 99.9% of the population.

You are on point, if we thoroughly evaluate Nigeria's development before and after Independent.Yes. Nigeria has developed beyond what colonia master left behind. What legacy did British leave behind rather than the railway they built to transport resources to their country?

On the other hand, they came to Nigeria to exploit her, but on the other hand they went to SA with the intention of wiping away the native blacks and to build themselves a nation(annex of U.K). The same way they succeeded in wiping away the native black aborigines in Austrialia. Hence, the magnificent and impressive infracstructures in SA. What a great diservice to Nigeria.

However, i am not blind to see and to say that SA has gone far in terms of development than Nigeria. Although, Nigeria in recent times, is also developing but to be truthful, on a snail pace. Understandable(but not acceptable), the millitary rules, corruption, tribalism etcetera is/has been the cause.

For Nigeria to cas
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by wheredemdey: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
forgiveness:

You are on point, if we thoroughly evaluate Nigeria's development before and after Independent.Yes. Nigeria has developed beyond what colonia master left behind. What legacy did British leave behind rather than the railway they built to transport resources to their country?

On the other hand, they came to Nigeria to exploit her, but on the other hand they went to SA with the intention of wiping away the native blacks and to build themselves a nation(annex of U.K). The same way they succeeded in wiping away the native black aborigines in Austrialia. Hence, the magnificent and impressive infracstructures in SA. What a great diservice to Nigeria.

However, i am not blind to see and to say that SA has gone far in terms of development than Nigeria. Although, Nigeria in recent times, is also developing but to be truthful, on a snail pace. Understandable(but not acceptable), the millitary rules, corruption, tribalism etcetera is/has been the cause.

For Nigeria to cas

Quit playing ostrich and face your problems squarely.
Your country nay continent men are unruly...corrupt and lazy with absolutely nothing to offer the human race...all they dobis occupy space and torment trouble...depleting the ozone layer with their large nostrils....

Instead of you lot to blame ur lazy selfish leaders for squandering your resources....a country of more than 50yrs that cannot provide electricity...heck you lots export raw crude and import refined crude....all becos of corruption....see Lagos state...your benchmark for development...for your information...lagos is the only state or enclave with more than 4m people that lacks a rail line...ordinary Lekki epe expressway is taking years to complete...see the orile axis..bunch of unserious people yet you see youths fighting themselves over these useless politicians.

You all deserve the leaders you get...bunch of d11ckheads

4 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:13am On Oct 27, 2015
Rossikk:

Go around Nigeria and see the number of proper houses, roads, schools, vehicles, hospitals, airports etc, that exist in their MILLIONS compared to the thatched huts, footpaths, bicycles, and malnourished, barefoot children that were the norm under British rule. YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE. WE HAVE MADE SUBSTANTIAL PROGRESS SINCE INDEPENDENCE. Heck a guy like you even now gets to be among the over 100 million Nigerians with mobile phones, and not needing to use the town crier or smoke signals, like in the days of colonial rule, when telephones were unheard of for 99.9% of the population.
Remember what I said in my post that made you respond to me in this? Like I said: your problem is you think too highly of yourself and your self perceived "intelligence". I should "get out more"?! My friend, WE brought you clothes, soap and aspirin. WE also taught you to stop killing your twins. And see that cell phone you mentioned? WE invented it.

There's nothing for you to teach me, young African.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2016
@Rossike
You keep showing your ILLITERACY over and over.
AGAIN YOU TRY HARD TO HIDE YOUR FAILURES AND MOVE NIGERIA FOWARD.

Let me school you between 1652 (Dutch)-1850s (Brits 1820-1900) when Europeans arrived there were wars in SA between everyone for land. I mean the were wars between blacks as well, one can't forget SHAKA ZULU who ruled the whole of southern africa.
In 1867-1900 GOLD, DIAMONDS were

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2016
South Africas INDUSTRIALIZATION started in the 1950s till 1980s fuelled by MINING ECONOMY. Note: SA still exported alot of GOLD, DIAMONDS,PLATINUM etc.. to Britain who were in control of S.A. mining industry. South Africas mineral wealth led to Anglo-Boer war.
British won using Africans fighting for the British army and took control of the rest of S.A. After the Anglo-Boer war the boers were POOR AND WEAK and given pieces of land by Brits to farm.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2016
It was South Africas MINERAL WEALTH THAT BUILT HER INFRUSTRUCTURE, universities, airports, banks, harbours etc...
In the past 50 years SOUTH AFRICA WAS NUMBER GOLD PRODUCER IN THE WORLD AND MADE HUGE AMOUNT OF CASH THRU EXCHANGING GOLD, DIAMONDS WITH FOREIGN CASH.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 11:51am On Apr 27, 2016
Unlike you guys we keep records of our HISTORY. Here are the photos of Joburg in the 1880s.

Once a GOLD MINING FIELD today Joburg is AFRICAS ECONOMIC MAGNET WITH A GDP that bigger than most African countries.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 11:54am On Apr 27, 2016
By 2030 there will be 410 million more people living in the biggest 750 cities globally. That means approximately 240 million new jobs and 260 million new homes will need to be created.

These urban dwellers will have 1.1 billion jobs, representing 30% of total jobs.

In Africa, Johannesburg will be the biggest city in terms of GDP, contributing $196 billion, followed by Cairo ($168 billion), Luanda ($138 billion), Lagos ($76 billion), and Cape Town ($73 billion).

In terms of population in Africa, Lagos in Nigeria will have as 25 million people in 2030, followed by Kinshasa (16.7 million), Cairo (14.1 million), Luanda (9.8 million), and Dar es Salaam (9.4 million).

A separate report from the United Nations showed that Johannesburg and surrounds population had reached 9.4 million by 2015, and is projected to grow to over 11.5 million in 2030, making it the 34th biggest city in the world.

Cape Town’s population is expected to grow to 4.32 million, from 3.66 million in 2015.

Globally, London is expected to have a population of 16.7 million by 2013, with Mexico up to 22.3 million. New York’s population is expected to reach 20.4 million, however, Asia’s population is forecast to explode:

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2016
THE CITY OF GOLD WILL KEEP CHARGING ON.

I think Rossike you re in denial like most west africans. If you look at African regions and compare HDI Index, INFRASTRUCTURE INDEX etc. your region comes last with central african states.

Example Angola bounced back from a CIVIL WAR and Luanda is better than Accra, Abidjan,Abuja etc...

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
Moving on S.A. is building new cities despite the world economic crunch.

Gauteng alone is building 6 new cities, Western Cape 1 new city, Eastern Cape 1 new city, KZN is building 3 new cities, Limpopo 1 new city.
SOUTH AFRICA IS LIKA CONSTRUCUTION SITE WITH CRANES IN EVERY PROVINCE/STATE.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
For 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES were have...

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
THE TALLEST SKYSCRAPER (370M) IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE WILL BE IN DURBAN IN 2022 AND BE OVERTAKEN BY SYMBIO CITY (460M) IN GAUTENG IN 2025.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
FOR BEAUTY AND CLASS GIVE IT TO S.A. NIGERIA. Hence you find Brits,Americans, Indians and Chinese, Japanese elite moving to S.A.
One Italian soccer legend has a holiday home in S.A. and once said that most people in Europe forget how big S.A. is in land area and that S.A. is more developed that most European countries who are mainly small in land area. He said S.Ans should be proud of DEVELPOING HUGE AMOUNTS OF LAND in less than 100 years.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
This not even Cape Town and beats most African cities hands down.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
I think Southern Africans have a progressive state of mind compared to other sub saharans who are more about quick hustle and keeping everything for themselves.

Luanda in Angola is better than all west african states cities.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
FOURWAYS MEGA MALL WILL BE 1 MILLION SQM AND MAKING T BIGGER THAN WATERFALL CITY MALL IN GAUTENG.
By the way this is a Joburg development as well. Indians know we are far better than them in development.

SA has 6th most shopping centres in the world
Oct 01 2015 09:37 Carin Smith

The council has almost 2 400 members and more than 1 600 delegates are attending the 19th annual congress which takes place in Durban this week.

“In order to survive we have to rethink retail and how to reinvent the industry,” she said at the opening of the congress. It is the largest congress of its kind in the property industry in SA and in Africa, according to Radebe and a platform to look at all the big issues in the industry.

“Happy customers mean happy retailers and that leads to happy shopping centres. That is why working with retailers is becoming more and more important.”

She pointed out that there are currently more than 2 000 shopping centres in South Africa and the country has in fact the 6th highest number of shopping centres in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfnFnY6Snak
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
DEMOLISHING OLD APARTHEID ERA WEALTHY SUBURBS AND BUYING UP LAND JUST FOR THE LOVE OF DEVELOPMENT.

Durban moving towards MOZAMBIQUE. Most people compare DURBS to RIO AND MIAMI OR GOLD COAST IN OZ.

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by OohLalah(f): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
SPOPOVICH:
u didnt have to mention SA, many countries in SSA are more devoped than naija.

and why are people bashing congo, did you see the All Africa games, i dont think nigeria is more developed than Congo.

DRC would probably be far ahead of naija if it was colonized by the british instead of Leopolds Belgium.

I am a South African and do not give a rat's azz about what you say about SA, as the difference btwn our country and yours needs no discussions as it is clear as night and day.

But what bothers me is this?

Please ask again? Why do people who have never been to DRC /Congo equate Congo to backwardness?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
Zulu kingdom enjoying development. The who defeated the MIGHTY BRITISH EMPIRE several times. It took another black man to kill SHAKA ZULU. Killed by his own half brother who was influenced by Brits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GIcIbXxMQY

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
little did they know that in the next 35 years the DRC WILL OVERTAKE nigeria and become the biggest economy in Africa. Congos untapped mineral wealth is worth over $24 trillion. In 2040s Nigerias oil reserves will DRY OUT. How will they survive?

OohLalah:

I am a South African and do not give a rat's azz about what you say about SA, as the difference btwn our country and yours needs no discussions as it is clear as night and day.

But what bothers me is this?

Please ask again? Why do people who have never been to DRC /Congo equate Congo to backwardness?

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
BEAUTY is found all over S.A driving along the coast from Port Nolloth near Namibia border thru Cape Town to PE, George,Kysna,EL to Durbs to the north coast all we see is BEAUTY. NATURE AT ITS BEST.

THANKS GOD AM SOUTH AFRICAN BORN IN EXILE.
At MduZA Styles P the US born rapper is of ZA descent and was here in ZA earlier this and said ZA has everything that America has. Even Trevor Noah reminds Americans that WE ARE THE US OF AFRICA IN TERMS OF DEVELOPMENT. White Americans agree while black Americans think Africa is one country lol. Styles P is light in comlpextion just like most Southies.

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by AmenhotepZuid: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Protesters Storm Jonathan's Office Ask Him To Join 2023 Presidential Race / Buhari’s Last-minute Provocations Of Tinubu By Farooq A. Kperogi / This Is Unfair, 22 State Governors Owing Workers Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.