Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President (43715 Views)

Champions League: 170,000 Sign Petition For FIFA To Punish Ramos / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by slimfit1(m): 7:39am On Oct 26, 2015
dustmalik:

Use your brain. Is it wise to be endorsed by someone who is well known to be corrupt?

Nigerian people don't know what is called morality that's why otherwise he would reject any form of endorsement from him. The governor in London prison did the same thing using Fashanu who had match fixing issues time ago . If Kalu like himself he should just go and sit down.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dollarathe(m): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2015
naijapips02:
with blatters contact, kalu is already the next president. CAF would def take cue from this. odagbami is too immature to run fifa
what experience has kalu got in football administration, if u claim odegbami is immature. please reply intelligently u can see I didn't abuse u !!!! no disrespect but its just a norm on nl
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by athaboi(f): 7:45am On Oct 26, 2015
U can imagine the so call one nigeria..a white man endorsing a nigerian and because nigeria is not one pple frm other tribe doesnt want him..because they dont want the tribe he is coming frm to outshine them. Nigeria is pahetic! Never one if u ask me
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by jason2010(m): 7:47am On Oct 26, 2015
osina1414:

get ur facts straight b4 u post trash. It is very pronounced that the man u call a thief(OUK) was that same billionier who contributed N500b N500M to the formation of PDP in 1998. He also donated $2m to support the election of ur brother, the ex-convict of a president(OBJ) who could'nt even afford the cost of his nomination form, that was b4 he(Kalu) became a governor in 1999. he has gotten 2 a level where no body in ur entire generation might ever get to. ewu!

Haba nairaland!! It was N500m, and not N500b. I still believe that he is very qualified for that position
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by engrjacuzzi: 7:48am On Oct 26, 2015
hayatou dictates CAF while kalu dictates FIFA..... season film activated.
I would have preferred luiz figo or José Mourinho for the post.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Kbs468(m): 7:48am On Oct 26, 2015
fabre4:

Mumu you are too ignorant and tribalistic to know that fifa is not just about knowing how to play football odegbami can't even handle enyeama how is he going to handle fifa. Fifa is all about money now and attracting sponsors cause without that you can't host tournament and he has experience also in football management ask enyimba of then. If you don't know football has evolved you are still behind anyway I know since he is Igbo you won't support him.
How do some people even have the got to insult people online. Can you say that to his face?
Incase you dont know how Sepp Blatter became president, he actually succeeded Brazilian Hao Havelenge after 20years as president through in-house arrangement nee oo when he was Secretary Gen. So most of the players who played in those era are the ones coming into world football governance now. Be rest assured that by the time Issa Hayatou retires, a footballer will definitely take over CAF just like in UEFA.
Besides, is Orji Kalu still spending for Eyimba uptil now? After using Abia government fund to achieve fame with Eyimba, you are now refering to it as if its from his personal money. U that is not tribalistic
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Nickymezor(f): 7:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Nt a bad one, jst hoping Kalu will deliver if he becomes victorious
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by naijapips02: 7:48am On Oct 26, 2015
dollarathe:
what experience has kalu got in football administration, if u claim odegbami is immature. please reply intelligently u can see I didn't abuse u !!!! no disrespect but its just a norm on nl

Of course i won't insult you dear.

Kalu is a seasoned business man and sports administrator. He is the chairman of World ship owners association. Was the administrator for Enyimba for 8 years and lead them to win the CAF champions league twice. He is an astute business man.

Fifa is not coaching. it is a very big organization and deserves someone with acclaimed organizational skills to manage it. Kalu is very very much more experienced than odegbami and you know it.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Affable200(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2015
Hmm, is a normal thing chaa. Let see if that can change the format of Nigeria football
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by lifeofkelvino(m): 7:50am On Oct 26, 2015
Wat is this fool saying?? undecided

tiwasiaife:
Electing An illiterate Dictator- A Major Drawback
for Nigeria’s Democracy
The problem with dictatorship is that it usually
lacks the capacity and patience to understand the
meaning of the rule of law and due process. Both
doctrines are often slow and therefore require
patience. Dictators don’t have patience, they want
it here, now and by any means necessary. In
1984, Mohammadu Buhari overthrew the
democratically elected government of President
Shehu Shagari. It is true that every coup plotter
is guilty of breaching the Nigerian constitution
and shooting his way into power. But arguably,
unlike Ibrahim Babangida that overthrew a
military junta, Buhari’s offense was more
egregious because he overthrew a democratically
elected government – an expression of the
collective will of Nigerians. In his false feeling of
importance, Buhari has always believed in his
messianic mission. He thinks that he knows it all,
and that, unlike any other Nigerian, he knows
what is best for Nigeria. His twisted sense of
superiority and inordinate craving for power found
expression in his 1984 coup and his subsequent,
repeated run for the presidency. Before he finally
won in 2015, he had been defeated in three earlier
presidential elections. On his third defeat, he
broke down and wept in public, an action that
would have ended his political career if he were
an American politician. Politicians hardly weep in
America. To me, that unrestrained public effusion
of tears signified his utter desperation for power.
His frequent threats to Nigerians were also
indicative of his excessive hunger for power. After
he lost the 2011 presidential election, he made
his threats; vowing to make Nigeria
ungovernable. And true to his word, he attempted
to make Nigeria ungovernable. Through his Boko
Haram connection, he unleashed terror on
Nigeria. Some say that if Buhari had no
relationship with Boko Haram, why did the
terrorist group nominate him as one of its
negotiators? And before the 2015 election, he
threatened to spill blood and cause mayhem if he
loses the election. Unfortunately, in 2015,
Nigerians buckled under Buhari’s threats and
shenanigans, and elected a dictator-president. It
is obvious that successive military regimes
contributed immensely to our societal woes: the
erosion of our moral standards and the perversion
of our values. By overthrowing the Shagari
government, Buhari truncated a nascent
democracy, retarded our democratic evolution and
contributed to the problems military rule visited
on Nigeria. Ironically, the same problems the
military dictators created for Nigerians are the
very ones Buhari is promising to fix. Leadership is
not, and can never be by force. Buhari, Nigerians
say, remains uninformed. Before the elections
Nigerians raised a lot of doubts that he even has
a West African School Certificate (WASC). But
even without this basic academic qualification, he
didn’t seem to have the urge to improve himself
over the years. So, that when elected president,
he would be better prepared to serve the country.
Sadly, dictatorship means force and that’s all you
need to get things done. His fixation was on
grabbing the presidency at all cost. He sounds as
though he does not have the finesse to relate
smoothly with the other branches of government.
He has never displayed any intellectual capacity in
governance in the past thoughtless of delivering a
lecture, as presidents sometimes do, to the
academia, professional associations, etc. In his
ignorance and obscurantism, he is blind to the
heterogeneity of this country. No wonder, he once
advocated making Sharia the supreme law of
Nigeria. During his first coming to power in 1984,
he pretty much ruled by proxy via Idiagbon. This
time around there is ample evidence that he is
going to govern through El Rufai and co. Is it
then not a bit surprising that Nigerians voted for
a dictator in 2015? In my viewpoint this
implicates a major drawback for Nigeria.
Politically and otherwise. Were Nigerians
browbeaten by his threat to unleash violence and
wreck havoc if he is not elected? Having, with our
votes, dignified a man that shoved aside a
democratically elected government and seized
power, what message are we sending to young,
coup-thirsty military officers? Are we not telling
them that it is alright to plot and execute coups?
Evidently, we are a country of cowards. Have we,
out of fear that Nigeria might break up if Buhari
does not win, rewarded him for his coup and
extra judicial killings? Oh, the Americans
supported him? Yes, Obama did. Secretly, he sent
his former Chief of Staff, and renowned political
strategist, David Axelrod, to Nigeria to work for
the All Progressive Congress (APC). Obama’s
support for Buhari was motivated simply by
American economic interests. Africa is the new
frontier and Nigeria is a major player in this
emerging frontier. The former president, Goodluck
Jonathan, was in bed with the Chinese. The
Chinese economy is expanding and will soon
overtake the American economy as the world’s
largest economy. The government of Goodluck
Jonathan was awarding billion dollar contracts to
Chinese companies. This piqued the Americans.
So, they embarked on what they do best: regime
change. They approached their cousins, our
former colonial masters, the British, to find out
how to deal with Nigeria. Piece of cake! The Brits
told them: the road to Nigeria must pass through
the North; we did so when we colonized them.
So, Obama went through the North. Buhari, thrice
trounced in his quest to be president, was
available, ready and willing. So, Obama’s secret
agent in Nigeria, David Axelrod, from his vast
repertoire of political intrigues, came up with the
CHANGE slogan for APC and projected Buhari the
dictator as a reformer. For their strategic
interests, the Obama administration tried
something similar in Israel but failed. It supported
an opposition candidate against the incumbent
Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. But with
Israel being a more sophisticated democracy, and
the Israelis, gutsy, they were not swayed by the
Obama administration’s political stratagem. The
Americans are always prone to installing dictators
that will later turn against them, and instead of
serving American self-seeking interests, subvert
them. There is evidence of these American
installed Frankenstein monsters in Libya, Iraq,
Syria, Egypt, etc. With time, Buhari may prove
another Frankenstein monster.
Igbinoghene Nice from università gli Bergamo
Italy
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by IAMTHEHERO: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2015
dustmalik:

Use your brain. Is it wise to be endorsed by someone who is well known to be corrupt?
But Buhari was endorsed by Tinubu , Atiku and Amaechi. These men, are they not corrupt?
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2015
corruption will endorse corruption
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by athaboi(f): 7:52am On Oct 26, 2015
dollarathe:
let me answer u, segun quit alrit is an ex-international, played good football and also aclaimed to be a grassroot football developer in nigeria...fifa is all abt administration and not football knwhow. Kalu was a formall governor, an acomplished business man, an administrator.. For him to be able to manage his state as a governor and carry on his business empeir to dis stage den he is better off. My take
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Banter1(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2015
Austin4lif:
Igbos doing us proud since 13 BC. Free nnamdi kalu, he is not a criminal.
Adegbani over this corrupt criminal. Imagine Kalu FIFA president, he will be talking of succession BIAFRA........within FIFA. Nigerian Government better converse support for Adegbani.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dollarathe(m): 7:56am On Oct 26, 2015
naijapips02:

Of course i won't insult you dear.

Kalu is a seasoned business man and sports administrator. He is the chairman of World ship owners association. Was the administrator for Enyimba for 8 years and lead them to win the CAF champions league twice. He is an astute business man.

Fifa is not coaching. it is a very big organization and deserves someone with acclaimed organizational skills to manage it. Kalu is very very much more experienced than odegbami and you know it.
cool analysis... but do u know he hasn't got five signatures of federation secretaries for himself and as we speak his intention is just known by some supporters and he couldn't tender his letter of intent to NFF for endorsement till last day. kalu used abia state money to take enyimba to the top of African football so I believe he ll use FIFA s money to promote football in Africa and world generally. Using immature for Odegbami is demeaning sha. cos d man has also been a seasoned administrator. he might not av the political will but he's sound and structured.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by athaboi(f): 7:57am On Oct 26, 2015
slimfit1:

Nigerian people don't know what is called morality that's why otherwise he would reject any form of endorsement from him. The governor in London prison did the same thing using Fashanu who had match fixing issues time ago . If Kalu like himself he should just go and sit down.
ur country man shld go and sit down! Gosh, nigeria is gone. White man endorsing someone frm ur country and because of ethnic rivery in nigeria, u r going against him. I hv continued to say it..we pretend to believe in one nigeria bt thats no true. If i understood well..ur arguement is that because someone who is curropt adopted him then he shld quit?
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by naijasugar: 8:00am On Oct 26, 2015
OP, You are not Up To Date. Kalu and Odegbami are not the only African candidates vying to replace Blatter. A South African named Tokyo Sexwale is also the running.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Horlamidey25(m): 8:05am On Oct 26, 2015
Is Blatter for real..... or is he kidding?
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by naijapips02: 8:05am On Oct 26, 2015
dollarathe:

cool analysis... but do u know he hasn't got five signatures of federation secretaries for himself and as we speak his intention is just known by some supporters and he couldn't tender his letter of intent to NFF for endorsement till last day. kalu used abia state money to take enyimba to the top of African football so I believe he ll use FIFA s money to promote football in Africa and world generally. Using immature for Odegbami is demeaning sha. cos d man has also been a seasoned administrator. he might not av the political will but he's sound and structured.

Kalu's politics has gone beyond NFF. If Blatter endorses him, obviously Hayatou who is Blatters parley would pressure NFF and CAF members to endorse him too. sorry i used immature for odegbami, but what i meant is that politically, he's quite immature when compared with the likes of kalu, and FIFA is a heavily political organization.

1 Like

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by frakdon(m): 8:08am On Oct 26, 2015
Kbs468:

pls sister modify your post so that you dont look like a 'tribal bigot' because even if you have it, your hands would have been tight when being given because of your infanthood, thus its not the fault of those who have it either. So pls do as encouraged to win back the heart of those of them reading your post afterall 90% of Nigerian tribes have a 'unique one'
yeah, and she took the question I asked, kinda bit far...
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by 9jaboi8701(m): 8:11am On Oct 26, 2015
dustmalik:
It's unwise to be endorsed by Sepp Blatter who is facing corruption allegations.

My brother I tire o. People won't even think before a minute before talking. Somebody who is being trialed for corruption charges is endorsing a Nigerian. It's a shame rather than celebration
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dollarathe(m): 8:13am On Oct 26, 2015
naijapips02:

Kalu's politics has gone beyond NFF. If Blatter endorses him, obviously Hayatou who is Blatters parley would pressure NFF and CAF members to endorse him too. sorry i used immature for odegbami, but what i meant is that politically, he's quite immature when compared with the likes of kalu, and FIFA is a heavily political organization.
u make sense.... but pressured ? why won't orji win caf n nff support on merit. let orji n odegbami do normal and NFF pick d better one. and do u know there is another African from south Africa. my guy a lot of politicking will be involved sha. Blatter endorsing kalu doesn't necessarily mean he ll vote for him in polls. u know human nahh. lol

1 Like

Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Ayohbk(m): 8:16am On Oct 26, 2015
Thief endorsing thief. ..........issorait
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by ThisMeansWAR: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2015
im guessing he would need the support of the zoo.... Shiii
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by peleson: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2015
Niyinficient:

For ur foolishness! Receive cure in Jesus name!

U didn't even boda to know if d guy is Yoruba or not, u started spitting trash! So Obj no get money for presidential ticket! Jesu! shocked

Must u bring in ur hatred for one tribe in every issue? Haba!
Yes obj didn't! He said it himself that he didn't have upto N20k in his account even nitel had to cut his telephone line because of depth he was owing them.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by henroe2k2(m): 8:30am On Oct 26, 2015
mybestlove:
Don't believe Kalu can make a good fifa president.
Though a fellow Nigerian, I think he is not good for
the job. Fifa is not Enyimba.
U Don craze before?
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Anamachi3(m): 8:30am On Oct 26, 2015
gebest:
kalu will just sell FIFA and put the money for pocket.

U need common sense but the problem is that common sense is not common
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by peleson: 8:33am On Oct 26, 2015
dollarathe:
u make sense.... but pressured ? why won't orji win caf n nff support on merit. let orji n odegbami do normal and NFF pick d better one. and do u know there is another African from south Africa. my guy a lot of politicking will be involved sha. Blatter endorsing kalu doesn't necessarily mean he ll vote for him in polls. u know human nahh. lol
if ur comment is anything to go by, which is more important? Loosing a single vote or a word of support that propels a thousand votes? Sepp has just one vote and his word of support carries over a million votes
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by baysol: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2015
The presence of this man in The FIFA presidential campaign means a loss for Nigeria. being endored by a corrupt individual means only one thing corruption + corruption = more corruption. Segun Odegbami will definitely be victorious as he is not corrupt and he was hewned from the football fraternity unlike orji. So let us not waste votes unnecessarily and do as South africa did with Tokyo Sexwale as their only candidate.
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by Anamachi3(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2015
osina1414:

get ur facts straight b4 u post trash. It is very pronounced that the man u call a thief(OUK) was that same billionier who contributed N500b to the formation of PDP in 1998. He also donated $2m to support the election of ur brother, the ex-convict of a president(OBJ) who could'nt even afford the cost of his nomination form, that was b4 he(Kalu) became a governor in 1999. he has gotten 2 a level where no body in ur entire generation might ever get to. ewu!

100 kpozaaaa for u. That guy need common sense but the truth is dat common sense isn't common
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by dollarathe(m): 8:44am On Oct 26, 2015
peleson:
if ur comment is anything to go by, which is more important? Loosing a single vote or a word of support that propels a thousand votes? Sepp has just one vote and his word of support carries over a million votes
that is if his word is to be taken serious !!! not that he ll swing his support next week
Re: Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President by slimfit1(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2015
athaboi:
ur country man shld go and sit down! Gosh, nigeria is gone. White man endorsing someone frm ur country and because of ethnic rivery in nigeria, u r going against him. I hv continued to say it..we pretend to believe in one nigeria bt thats no true. If i understood well..ur arguement is that because someone who is curropt adopted him then he shld quit?
This man doesn't have any integrity. International politics is based on integrity once one fault is found forget it. Nigerian politics is based on how good you are at lying and stealing my friend if he wins he would be gone in a year my friend.
You can see the problem the fifa president is having if he continues to say i want to contest at the moment he doesn't do anybodies wish he is in trouble. If you know you can't justify where you get your wealth from back down.
If okocha or even Kanu want to contest they will get my support not criminals that will come and stain our already stained name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Antonio Conte Challenges Lautaro Martinez To A Boxing Bout - Lukaku Officiates / Alex Iwobi Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Footballer Ever / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.