Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn (37227 Views)

BREAKING: Telecoms Giant MTN Agrees To Pay Nigerian $1.7 Billion Fine / Telecom Giant, MTN Begins Payment With $250m To Nigerian Government / Cameroon Government Fines MTN $160 Million For Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Kokodeni(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ntoorrr i told them on more than 10 occasions that ayelala would come down on them like volcano they thought it was child's play.... I still have records of conversions with their customer care staffs that can slam then more fines that

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by edgyslim: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
zizirecords:
Oh my God! See me dancing! MTN just stole 8000NGN credit from my phone last week with no adequate redress even when I called them several times.

God catch them. Steal 8000NGN, repay 5 billion. tongue tongue grin

Hmmm. Issokay....Kontinu
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by donchisel: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
naptu2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-34627935?live_variant=nonjs

Looks more like burial arrangements. $5B equals =N=1.2T. Okay oooo, we will soon see who the joker is.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Jesusloveyou: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
himkers:
[size=15pt]God don dey catch them; remaining DSTV. Abeg who dey sanction TV companies??[/size]
i agree with dstv, but not mtn, for now mtn is still d best in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Mavor: 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
These NCC clowns are thieves. Shay they are trying to run these guys out of Nigeria in connivance with Adenuga and co ba? These guys who took the big risk to invest in Nigeria in the first place and now that the investment is paying off, people are not happy. The regulatory body needs to get it's house in order.

MTN needs to get it's acts together.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by rita25(f): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
MTN time to pay for my card u stole.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by gajerian(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=dominique post=39377215]If you're being charged for service you never subscribed for, just bear it that it's your contribution towards paying of $5bn fine. MTN subscribers una sorry o.

I will never recharge my MTN line just de receive calls de go
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by spartanian(m): 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
A four digits number (0787) called my number this morning, I picked it then I got a message that "I am now subscribed to Islamic Service Weekly".
50 naira was deducted from my account.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by j4sure(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Fundango: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
hyfr:
What's the problem with mtn and the number 5? Recently they lost 5 million customers and now they're fined 5billion. NCC, $5 billion is way too much money for what they did. This NCC guys are seriously on a plan to buy house in banana island this year. Please mtn users, don't ever dial this code (*606#) until the debt has been paid. Remaining DSTV
and stanbic bank and shoprite
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by truthlegend(m): 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
lekjons:
they weren't fined for maltreating their customers, but because of incomplete registration of sims, how does that help an average Nigerian..

nonsense!angry
bros I wish I can give you a billion likes,I Don vex tire for here.....nonsense useless fine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Fundango: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
zizirecords:
Oh my God! See me dancing! MTN just stole 8000NGN credit from my phone last week with no adequate redress even when I called them several times.

God catch them. Steal 8000NGN, repay 5 billion. tongue tongue grin
sure pay back time for MphTy heNgrin
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by RichThug(m): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
iliyande:
grin MTN subscribers be ready to pay for the fine, grin

cheesy MTN will make sure they deduct the money from your daily recharge to pay for the fine cheesy

loool best comment ever. MTN be like: Ibrahim oya deduct 50naira from every of our subscribers in Abuja today, 2mao we will deduct those in Lagos cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by sevule(m): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
I definitely agree that MTN should be fined but a fine of $5 billion is totally ridiculous. How did they arrive at that figure? It makes no sense at all.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by abdulo4real: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
himkers:
[size=15pt]God don dey catch them; remaining DSTV. Abeg who dey sanction TV companies??[/size]
NBC...........
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by iliyande(m): 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
RichThug:

loool best comment ever. MTN be like: Ibrahim oya deduct 50naira from every of our subscribers in Abuja today, 2mao we will deduct those in Lagos cheesy cheesy

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Spidermon: 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
It is good news. They have stolen so much from us.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by huthority01(m): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
iliyande:

cheesy MTN will make sure they deduct the money from your daily recharge to pay for the fine cheesy

You are 100% correct bro, it doesn't take them (MTN)14days to make the money from subscribers with unsolicited SMS lealing to deductions of airtime. But again MTN's loyalty to customers led to this fines. Cuz I remembered what it cost me when my lines were disconnected costing me to losing over 40℅ of my business connections. MTN should settle matters lealing to this with NCC to protect challenges subscribers might face if sanctions get stiver.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by yonzy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Serve dem right,bad people
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by chigsboss(m): 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
5b dollar is too small. those guys deserves to be locked up
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by iliyande(m): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
huthority01:

You are 100% correct bro, it doesn't take them (MTN)14days to make the money from subscribers with unsolicited SMS dealing to deductions airtime. But again MTN's loyalty to customers is led to this fines. Cuz I remembered what it cost me when my lines were disconnected costing me to losing over 40℅ of my business connections. MTN should settle matters dealing to this with NCC to protect challenges subscribers might face is Sanctions get stiver.

airtel due call subscribers to complete their registration.

I feel mtn relax in that aspect.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Haryohdeji(m): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by oz4real83(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
bandely:
Even though I'm happy with MTN, this fine is rather too much. I hope they'll reach some sort of agreement for a lower fine.
MTN shouldn't try to take it out on customers though, because I know they are shylock, Hades and the Devil rolled into one! >:-
. The fine isn't too much. Critical situations require critical solutions. Mtn knows the right thing to do but will never do it. They have always believe that "nothing will happen" for getting that a new sherriff is in town. They make many times more than that amount a year!!! If u can't do the time don't do the crime!
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by yomi007k(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Praise the Lord......

I need "halleiluyahs" people. grin
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by yomi007k(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
Kokodeni:
Ntoorrr i told them on more than 10 occasions that ayelala would come down on them like volcano they thought it was child's play.... I still have records of conversions with their customer care staffs that can slam then more fines that
Bros pls send me Ayelalas number or betterstill Bleep dir style up I beg.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Etizz: 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
NCC is after a means of getting money and not fighting for the poor subscribers, because they did not deactivate unregistered sim u fine dem, why haven't u fine dem all these while they have being illegally charging innocent subscribers, why haven't u fine dem since they have being rendering poor service, why haven't u fine dem for deliberately allowing an android user to spend 2k a month for data...... NCC is a joke.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Jayson504(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
embarassedhahahahahaha MTN they are very good in subscribing to what you didn't subscribe for stingy network.... ;Dhahahahahaha MTN they are very good in subscribing to what you didn't subscribe for stingy network....
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Jayson504(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
embarassedhahahahahaha MTN they are very good in subscribing to what you didn't subscribe for stingy network.... grin
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by Ephemmm: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
iliyande:

And the same MTN should be ready to pay another fine again if they try such nonsensical nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by leonn(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ncc is high on weed konk igboh....well am not surprised some top politicians playing game as usual manipulating powers that be in order to force mtn out of Nigeria so they cud buy it over......corruption in high places at play. let them know that when you steal or take by force what u cant have it will go like the Wind when u eventually posses it.
Re: Nigeria Fines Telecom Giant MTN $5bn by kadree(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Sometimes, i dey pity dis country gng by some comments hia wia d citizens don't av a lil clue near d right dat belongs to dem. Its gud to say "yes fine dem, even fine dem more" But who suffers d pain? Shey na ncc wey each telecom operator dey credit dia line for free every months, wit wonderful packages in "gifts" or d citizens wey suffer d stress n poor network issue.
Dat shud b for d customers not deys. Since wey dem don dey fine, una don eva c free credit for una line say "for service inconveniences"? Yet we jump to d high heaven wenever we hia say ncc don fine operator again. Some pple sidan for one place, dey take bck ur moni wey dem no elp u work for n yet, nobody dey ask how e take affect u directly. "ncc fines telecoms operators billions of naira" na only dis dey take us go cloud 9.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN SIM Registration Again! / Solution To Certificate Not On SIM Or Phone For Nokia Phones / Code For Airtel Friend And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.