Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today (63473 Views)

Akwa-Ibom: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment Wednesday / Appeal Court Delivers Judgment In Saraki’s Case Today / Names Of The Supreme Court Justices That Struck Out Wike's Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Frankiss44(m): 7:59am On Oct 27, 2015
Babzrockman:
Wike should have accepted his faith and agree to re-run. Supreme court may remove him and place Dakuku as governor without any re-run. I hope he will not regret his appeal to d apex court.

lol.... so many kids on nairaland grin cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Maximus85(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Tough season ke? The last time I checked Wike is still the Governor of River state and Saraki is still the senate president!! Lolz You yoruba people never cease to amaze me!! Better go back and fous on your amala politics and leave easterners to discuss theirs!! Bloody slowpoke

I hope you're not on their amala and bloody slowpoke land. Eg, Lagos. If you are, just pack your bags. Or you will be nothing but a low life, empty headed and hypocritical esterner.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by ewenla1234(m): 8:01am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Oloribruku ode!! This is not osun state go back to your brown roof region.

its has not gotten to dat extend bro
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Frankiss44(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2015
Lionhearted:

The supreme court can't do that.

Court only grant/deny prayers seeks for.

Leave a fool to his foolishness... You dont have to spoonfeed dem always
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by philips70(m): 8:03am On Oct 27, 2015
Olaolufred:

I desire him to win free and fair. That will give him more confidence in the trust people conferred on him.
I believe also woke will win the re-run. I only did not understand while a favorite will not allow a match to be played.

Only one answer. The only people who believe Wike will win free and fair elections in Rivers state are here on Nairaland. Wike knows it's not an easy battle for him. Just go on YouTube and get all Dakuku's campaign videos and tell me Wike has no reason to panic. The elections will not hold on Nairaland mind you and there will be no Abuja connections for him to intimidate his opponents. Wike knows he is in deep shit, only Sukudi and co of Nairaland thinks otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by morereb10: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Olaolufred:

I desire him to win free and fair. That will give him more confidence in the trust people conferred on him.
I believe also woke will win the re-run. I only did not understand while a favorite will not allow a match to be played.

O, u don't know, favourite or no favourite, to replay a match is another ball game. Anything can happen.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Laveda(f): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2015
The way Buhari, ameachi and other brainwashed Apc supporters are carrying wike's matter on their head like plantain chips

I just pray they don't die of Hbp when wike returns fully to power grin
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by keleto(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2015
free2ryhme:

There is not a single post by punch newspaper online or in print which relates to the above quoted opening post anywhere. why lie about the link behind the post? Google search through up a lot of similar post and interestingly none has punch.com to it.

is it that moderators don't verify post before moving it to frontage or are reluctant to verify the links beneath the post?

Seun pls look into this

mumu.u see your life.
so you could not read through the link
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by free2ryhme: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2015
keleto:

mumu.u see your life.
so you could not read through the link

MUMU did you open the link and read my post

People like you act before they think, Okpe!
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by arireirede: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2015
I think u still ve time to start packing ur loads in govt house before next year,u re gonner already,forget it...
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by habayommy: 8:11am On Oct 27, 2015
Tough times for Wike

Today is my Birthday, show some love by "knacking" me with likes grin smiley. As a member of this great forum it is my right ooo grin cheesy grin grin cheesy lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by saintkel(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2015
For me I think Wike should just let things be and go 4 a rerun, I still see him winning if d elections will be free and fair
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Kolade354(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:
The tribunal ought to have waited for the supreme court to rule today before passing Judgement.The way it stands Saturday's Judgement would become null and void should the supreme court rule that it has no jurisdiction to try the case in Abuja.
Do you just type without thinking?
You should be castrated with this comment.
Pa chukwudi tell wike to get ready for re-run!!!
And stop yarning rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by porka: 8:14am On Oct 27, 2015
free2ryhme:

There is not a single post by punch newspaper online or in print which relates to the above quoted opening post anywhere. why lie about the link behind the post? Google search through up a lot of similar post and interestingly none has punch.com to it.

is it that moderators don't verify post before moving it to frontage or are reluctant to verify the links beneath the post?

Seun pls look into this

[size=13pt]What network are you using and which village are you?[/size]
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by BALLOSKI: 8:14am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:
The tribunal ought to have waited for the supreme court to rule today before passing Judgement.The way it stands Saturday's Judgement would become null and void should the supreme court rule that it has no jurisdiction to try the case in Abuja.
ignorant, so the tribunal should have waited for supreme court judgement even as that will amount to the tribunal sitting beyond the 180 days allowed by the electoral act?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by barcaboi(m): 8:15am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Tough season ke? The last time I checked Wike is still the Governor of River state and Saraki is still the senate president!! Lolz You yoruba people never cease to amaze me!! Better go back and fous on your amala politics and leave easterners to discuss theirs!! Bloody slowpoke
yet you sit in an amala region abi? nitwit......So anyone that opposes u na yoruba. ....yet you support a yoruba Saraki because it suits you. ......imported fowl

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Rotimi47: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Chukwudi44 playing tribal/hate politics that his people are known for. Laughing in Swahili grin

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by wordbank(m): 8:17am On Oct 27, 2015
Don't be deceived, God is not mocked whatever wike sow so shall he reap

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by barcaboi(m): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2015
IVORY2009:

but dat does not mean u hv to insult dem and even their ethnic group to pass ur message across to them, its wrong!
it's a waste of time talking sense to a baby.....people switch 2 ethnic insults when they have nothing to say
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by zingywingy: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
Tribunal judgments are faster... Corruption cases are taking years.... Hmmm
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by babafirst(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
madridguy:
Wike his already a gunner.
GOnner not gunner ,tee hee hee hee.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by ayodaisi: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
I think wike said, even if amechi became inec chairman or election was repeated ten times he will surely win, so I expected wike to accept court judgement(tribunal) and prove to the opposition how strong he is
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:
You think this is the case of Saraki that the CCT decided to adjourn its case because the Court of Appeal was yet to deliver its judgment?
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by bashydemy(m): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:
Pa Chukwudi44, You still dey alive? hahaha So you think the tribunal is as dull as you and wike abi? So you want the tribunal to wait for the supreme court so as not to meet the deadline day and Wike will automatically rule for 4 yrs? No.. Supreme Court will throw out Wike's case and might possible sack him.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by MayhorE(m): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2015
WHERE DID WE GO WRONG? WAKE UP NIGERIAN YOUTHS Awolowo was 37 years, Akintola 36, Ahmadu Bello 36, Balewa 34, Okotie-Eboh 27, & Enahoro 27 and they led the struggle for Nigeria Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only Zik was 42 at the time. In 1966, the first coup was led by: K Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by M Mohammed 28, T Danjuma 28, Babangida 25, Garba 23, Sani Abacha 23, and Yaradua 23, and brought into power Gowon 32, Ojukwu 33, Obasanjo 29, and Buhari 24. Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were under 30 years. The brief democratic dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw some Senators, and the House of Representatives, in particular, populated by members under 30. Under 30's were also not in short supply with appointments - we have examples of MT Mbu who became foreign affairs minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a federal adviser at 27 and so on and so forth. NOW: Why is it that this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3 seater chairs in their parents’ homes? Why is it that this age bracket is today still collecting pocket money from their parents? Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB? Why is it that this age bracket today still sagg their trousers? Why is it that this age bracket is today still searching for jobs, and not yet married? Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of political parties? Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile? Why is this age bracket today incapable of feeding itself? Why is it that this age bracket is today barred from even aspiring to certain political offices? Why is it that this age bracket is today incapacitated, unwilling, unable and incapable of asking questions? GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by bashydemy(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Hahaha Supreme Court will sack him today and your eyes go clear..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by babafirst(m): 8:23am On Oct 27, 2015
bugzbunny:
Wike will still win d re run............
Igbos dominate Rivers state
So the vote will be on tribal sentiments?You do well in terms of objectivity.Which way Nigeria?
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Hello sir, the tribunal's verdict was what took wike to appeal court claiming they have no territorial jurisdiction to deliver a ruling in abuja. As it is now appeal court has thrown his case out, he only has the supreme court left. But come to think of it, accessibility and proximity remains the ground for choosing a location in the Nigerian constitution but security wise that might just not count.

So I see wike loosing at the supreme court if he keeps claiming lack of territorial jurisdiction in tribunal ruling without analyzing the security settings on ground..

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by bashydemy(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz the way people display their ignorance online makes me laugh!! First anf foremost the supreme court judgement expected today is not an appeal to last saturday's judgement rather it is an appeal against the previous appeal court's judgement challenging the jurisdiction of the tribunal to sit in Abuja!! If wike wins Saturday's judgement would become a nullity,if it rules against him,he simply falls back to the appeal court to appeal against last saturday's judgement.

Secondly APC contested against the April results on the basis that no elections were held in the state,they called witnesses to prove their case so on what basis do you think the supreme court would award outright victory to Dakuku? There would be no legal basis for that dear!!
And what happen if the Supreme court rule in favor of the appeal court? Wike will vacate that seat authomatically or will be drag on the stress for violating court order remember? Tell him.. Beside i think that guy is a lawyer, Not sure he has ever handle any case in court of law abi na charge and bail Lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by Ephemmm: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Assuming Wike was justified by tribunal, will he still be sticking to the fact that Tribunal ought to sit in River? Was this done only to Rivers State according to the write up?

No be today you don dey wail? Hold on, another defeat is imminent for you today.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by mandax: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2015
It's the federal government's RESPONSIBILITY to provide SECURITY in Rivers state for the Elections Petitions Tribunal, not the responsibility of Rivers state government.

If the federal government failed in its responsibility to provide SECURITY anywhere in Nigeria, the federal government MUST NOT BLAME anybody. The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MUST THEREFORE NOT HIDE UNDER THE ABSENCE OF SECURITY ANYWHERE TO PERPETUATE JUDICIAL IMPUNITY.

IF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DECLARED ANYPLACE INSECURE, DOES IT THEN MEAN THAT PEOPLE AND ACTIVITIES IN THAT PLACE MUST BE TRANSFERRED TO ABUJA? NEVER. IF YES, THEN, THE WHOLE PEOPLE OF BORNO AND YOBE STATES RENDERED INSECURE BY BOKO HARAM MUST BE TRANSFERRED WITH THE ACTIVITIES IN THEM TO ABUJA.

The Appeal Court that ruled that Election Tribunals seat in Abuja erred in law, it was at cross with the principles of Nigeria as a federation. The Appeal Court judgement contravenes the provisions of Nigeria's constitution on federalism, contravenes the country's Electoral Law on Election Petitions Tribunals.
Re: Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today by bashydemy(m): 8:26am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

I just dont like brown roof top people meddling in other people's affairs!! They have began dashing onlike likes and shares to Dakuku on online poll contests like they did to Ngige even when they have no PVC to vote in the state!! People are starving in Osun state and they leave it to meddle in other people's affairs.
When you were meddling in South West affair did anybody cry? you were chanting Fayose up and down did we complain?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Suffers Speech Impairment In London, Cabal Caused Igbo Quit Notice - SR / Philip Walton: US Thanks Nigeria For Support As SEAL Team 6 Rescues Hostage / Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.