Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) (29156 Views)

The Difference Between Hell, Sheol, Paradise And The Grave. / Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / SCIENTISTS HAVE DISCOVERED EVIDENCE OF EXISTENCE OF GOD'S PARADISE AND HELL FIRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2006
" Why Christianity is the right religion"

Apart from the points david raised, the reason why Christianity is  the right religion is because our God has performed the greatest act of love, by dying for our sins to redeem our souls. Please read John 3:16. And not out of context.

Allah hasn't perfomed any act of love. a god that gives mandate to Muhammad and his followers to slaughter them kafirs, and be rewarded with sensual and materialistic rewards in Jannat.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2006

Apart from the points david raised, the reason why Christianity is  the right religion is because our God has performed the greatest act of love, by dying for our sins to redeem our souls. Please read John 3:16. And not out of context.

Allah hasn't perfomed any act of love. a god that gives mandate to Muhammad and his followers to slaughter them kafirs, and be rewarded with sensual and materialistic rewards in Jannat.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2006

Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 11, 2006
enough gbade!!
12 times's the charm lol
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2006
Lol, sorry. I've been using my fone to browse for the past 4-5 months or so, and it goes all haywire at times especially when the connection's faulty (all thanks to celtel)
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2006
Lol, sorry. I've been using my fone to browse for the past 4-5 months or so, and it goes all haywire at times especially when the connection's faulty (all thanks to celtel)
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2006
@gbade.x: If you freeze that that your God died, then it means that his companions, eg, Peter, Luke, Mark, Mathew, etc. did not have a living God at that time! That means if you were alive at that time, or this death of your God is an event that is happening right now, it means that you will not have a living God. Inshort, at a time the Christian god was dead.

The other side of this issue is that the God of the Muslims is always alive, not wary, neither in distress, but always full of His Power. If you are sincere, which of the two God do you think is Supreme and which One is deserving of your worship. The muslim God is capable of forgiving or punish all by Himself. His mercy is more than his punishment. He does not have to die or kill somebody in order that He forgives who He wills. The other side is the christian god that dies, an act of mortality. My God is different. He is supreme.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2006
Olabowole,you have ignorance written all over.
A god allah that blessed a pedophilic union is whom you call supreme?
Please don't sound as ridiculous as he does.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2006
@babyosisi:

lol, obviously olabowale doesn't understand jack about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the Bible as a whole.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2006
olabowale:

The other side of this issue is that the God of the Muslims is always alive, not wary, neither in distress, but always full of His Power. If you are sincere, which of the two God do you think is Supreme and which One is deserving of your worship. The muslim God is capable of forgiving or punish all by Himself. His mercy is more than his punishment. He does not have to die or kill somebody in order that He forgives who He wills. The other side is the christian god that dies, an act of mortality. My God is different. He is supreme.

The same hand cutting,finger slicing,women stoning,apostate beheading Allah or are we speaking of another?
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2006
The same allah that is deaf to other languages but Arabic in Saudi accent.
The same allah that allows a man to sleep with 4 women,slavegirls,captives and children and call them 'wives'.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by belloti(m): 10:42am On Nov 13, 2006
Babyosisi, am amused by your ignorance call for bro. Olabowale and your subsequent betrayal of your own ignorance about Islam.

The basic and plain understanding of the death of Jesus (for your Sins  cheesy  grin) is probably the same context you also understood the tenets of Islam and our Lord Almighty, Ever living and Ever presence. If you call someone nailed to the cross and hopelessly bleeding to death as your God, it can never make sense to any muslim the world over just like some of our religious teachings do not appeal to the skeptic infidels (who most times deliberately confuse the iisues). The fact is we interprete each other just to suits our sensibilities inline with our disbelieve.

But i also come to realise that Christians uses religion just the way a drunken man uses lamp post, for support rather than for illumination. May Allah continue to guide and protect us. Amen.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2006
Funny you should say Christians use Christianity for support when Islam quotes Biblical characters and stories.

At least you admit Jesus died on a cross meaning u read the same Bible u claim is corrupted. perhaps, you overlooked the part that says Jesus ressurected three days after his death and ascended to Heaven afterwards.

Talk about cherrypicking the Bible!!
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2006
@gbade.x: Tell me how is Friday evening all the way to Sunday morning comes up to 3 days. If you look at semitic timing, which is what Islam uses and the Jews use it too, a day begins from time of Sunset to the next sunset. Even if we are to be generous and give you Friday as afull day, then you only have at best 2 days and not 3 days. Based on this erronous calculation, alone, your 3 day statement is an unargueable hypothesis.

So that you know, my beloved brother Belloti has just illustrated from the Qur'an's chapter known as the table spread, that Jesus son of Mary (AS) was not cruxified or died on the cross. Please note that the Jews intended to use crucifixion as a means to curse the soul of jesus (AS). But Allah the Almighty, the Lord Who sent Jesus with a message of truth to his people (The Children of Israel), did not let them suceed.

Biblical characters, Old and new Testaments, I will believe you mean. Let us take Ibrahiim (AS) as a very clear example. He was from Iraq. This people are mostly Muslims today. However in the time of Ibrahiim (AS), they were Idol Worshippers. This was why he left with his family, including his extended family in the personage of prohet Lut (AS). Ibrahiim lived and died before the advent of Judaism. Judaism as a race and religion is culled from Judah, one of the sons of Yaquub (AS). Yaquub was a grandson of Ibrahiim. How can the Jews, in race or religion claim any of these noble people? Then christianity is a johnny come lately.

The most compelling argument is in the Qur'an where God says that Ibrahiim is not a Jew nor a christian, but a one who negates associating anything with God (Hanifan), bowing his will to God alone (Muslima). In Chapter known as the Cattle, Ibrahiim said that his worshipping and all his deeds, living and his dying are for God, the Lord of the Universe, He is alone in His Supremeness and I (Ibrahiim (AS)), is the first to confess in submission of my will as a MUSLIM! In the chapter known as the Height, after a request by Musa (AS), wanting to see his Lord Allah face to face, light came to the mountain. But the mountain pulverized before the light reached it. The event was so catastrophic to Prophet Musa (AS), that he fainted and remained in this state for three days.

When he came out of this 3 day coma, he declared that he MUSA is the first to BELIEF (Muminuu) You see Musa made the request to see God face to face because his people were demanding from him that they want to see GOD. They did this in jest, not in sincerity. They same way they continue to ask Musa (AS) to describe the Cow that he wants them to slaughter. Again, no muslim will reference to support any argument, but will tell you where Islam support any Bible statement. For in the Bible, Old and New tastaments, you have some general statement of truth and then you have the other.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2006
@Belloti: AS-Salaamualaykum waramatullahi Taallah wa barakatuh: May Allah the Almighty continue to keep you and your family and the whole ummah, Amiin. You have a lot to do. Please be strong. The road will be hard, but Allah alone is enough as a Support.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Aggressa(m): 9:31am On Nov 15, 2006
belloti:

But i also come to realise that Christians uses religion just the way a drunken man uses lamp post, for support rather than for illumination. May Allah continue to guide and protect us. Amen.

@Belloti,
You know what, although ignorantly, you are very right; 'Christians' use the 'religious' aspect of our faith for support i.e. good manners, showing love to one another and to strangers, even none-christians, etc. Because our God is Love, and thus you find us on missions to different parts of the world to support and encourage, etc. WE DOT NEED 'RELIGION' FOR ILLUMINATION; Our illumination is the Spirit of life through faith in Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit that is inside us.

But you Muslimis and Muslimas grin use your 'religion' for illumination because your emphasis is on the outside and the flesh and not on the inner man, i.e the mind. Thus it is not difficult to imagine the capabilities of muslims because the 'ISLAM' you use for 'illumination' is known and proven (going by your scriptures-quran) to be a "wicked and vicious faith that has brought nothing good to the world." And your prophet muhammed bin abdullah - going by accounts again from your hadiths - is probably one of the most wicked and immoral men that has walked the planet. In fact, if he is alive today, he would be in jail for human right abuses or jailed for life as a paedophile.
So you see how blind it is to use darkness for 'illumination'; a clear fulfillment of the scriptures (I mean the true scriptures-Bible) that 'they have eyes but cannot see'.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by alexis(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2006
Here is my position of this matter

1. Generally christians feel that there religion is the only right religion, this is largely due to ignorance of other religions.

2. There is no clear-cut distinction between politics and religion in islam i.e. a muslim will blow himself up for a political reason in the name of his god. If it is for god, let us know then, if it for a political reason, be clear on it.

3. Isam started 600 years after christianity, meaning that people saw Jesus and the miracles He performed, it was the talk of the town, his life and works were recorded, His dead, assention and resurrection were witnessed and recorded. How can Islam deny this or certain part of this 600 years later?

4. Every religion thinks that it is the best religion and only people that beleive in their religion will go to heaven, islam and christianity beleives this as well. If this is the case, it either means that everyone will go to heaven or hell but we can't determine until we are judged, at least that is something we all beleive in (christiand and muslims). Until that time, if we beleive in stones, we should not throw it at others or force others to beleive what we beleive in. We shouldn't kill people in the name of a god because a true religion is not a religion worth killing for but a religion worth dying for.

Aside that, we should all get along.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2006
@alexis: I direct you to www. answering-christianity.com for answers to your questions and inquiries.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2006
@olabowale and other muslims,

please don't direct him to another site. You don't use the Qu'ran to bring up points based on Christianity and the Bible as a whole. That's the error u keep making. As a muslim making assertions about the Christian faith, esp. In a discussion, is unfair and mostly brings out the many errors u make and misconceptions u keep having.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by alexis(m): 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2006
olabowale,

Thanks for the site answering-christianity.com. I read most of the topics and to tell you the truth, it's a futile attempt to discredit the most popular book in history, the Bible.

However, the statements I made earlier where not clarified by the site you sent me to. I made a few statements and what I expected you to do was to answer them instead you sent me to a site that is trying to make the incorruptable word of God a corruptable one. I would have answered a few statements on the site i.e. "9/11: The biggest lie in history!". The site categorically denies the that 9/11 happened. To gently disarm it's stipulations, I will ask you, Where you in the US during 9/11? I had a cousin that worked on the 87th floor and for some reason he woke up late and didn't go to work that morning, that was what saved his life? yet your site denies this. There are 1001 people that can confirm this yet your site has decided to deny it. All I can say to that is WOW!

You see, everytime we try to put the koran under scrutinization, our muslims friends try to divert attention to other things. If you had opened a thread about contradictions in the bible, many christians on this forum will try to enlighten you and explain what the bible meant but instead of answering my questions, you sent me to some site that is twisting everything. Just answer the questions you were asked.

The muslim heaven is a one-sided heaven for men only, it doesn't cater for women in Islam because what it talks about mostly is sex, drinking and having wild fun. Does this mean that the muslim god doesn't intend for muslim women to go to heaven?
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Babyosisi: Please go to www.sudanembassy.org for the Darfur conflicts. I have been speaking to Sudanese people since this conflict began. They said to me that raping is really not in the natural behavioural quality of Sudanese males. I for one have seen many of their old men who could have taken as members of my family. A good number of them have Yoruba tribal facial marks. Also the Hausas and Yorubas, in the days that they used to go to hajj on horses, camels, etc, some decided to reside in Sudan on the way back. This morning a sudanese was telling that the vice president of Chad has his bloodline still in Sudan. So you see the Sudanese and the Chadien are the same people. Most of the people of Darfur are Hafith of Qur'an. What this man is saying is that Sudan has a good amount of Uranium and her enemies are so concerned of its relationship with iran and China. It has been proven that an ancient emperor of china was half black. This also goes to how Muhammad was able to know about China. Then his (AS) saying of seeking knowledge is important, even if you have to go to China for it, makes perfect sense to me. This also explains the raisin head issue that you are hung up on. Please know that there are different texture to black peoples hair, from straigh out silky that you find in India and the asiatic region to the hard nappy type that is very common in Africa. However in the eastern and across the northern part of Africa and some tribes in the west, eg Fulanis of Guinea next door to, you have variety of kinks. Some when the hair is short, they wrap up to almost individual strands, like the conked/treated hair, the luster, S curl or jherry curl types of yester years. Since Ethipia was the first place that the muslims migrated to, they must have known about this place and it would be a first place of reference to them, next to Makka. There was slavery being practiced among men and Ethiopia was no exception. Muhammad (AS), came with his brand of Islam to eradicate slavery, from the get go. You will find that the early muslims in Makka freed the slaves that they had and paid for the freedom of their brothers and sisters who were slaves under non muslims. Sayiddina Bilal bin rabah, the muhadhinn of the prophet was ransomed by Abu bakr.

Just because there was no slavery in islam did not mean that there was none in Ethiopia and the rest of the world. Infact this was longtime before the Europeans brought their own brand of slavery and indenture labor oppression to the rest of the world. Muhammad (AS) informed his followers (RA) that if they are in a community of muslims, and the best man is even still under slavery, his role as a leader should never be compromised and disrespected even before he is ransomed from this oppressive condition known as slavery.

babyosisi, I also had gone to the savedarfur.com site. What you have is the sponsorship being mostly jews and zionists. Why? By the way this Sudanese brother is black and consider Sudan to be a black people country. I am not putting skin color in the equation, but i am just repeating what he said, in response to my concer of rape and oppression. Evil perpetrated in any place on any people, be the perpetrator be a person, group, community, race and ethic barometer or country and civilization using wealth, military or idealogical distinction, any and all of the above is evil.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by alexis(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2006
olabowale,

Still waiting for your reply
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Aggressa(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2006
alexis:

You see, everytime we try to put the koran under scrutinization, our muslims friends try to divert attention to other things. If you had opened a thread about contradictions in the bible, many christians on this forum will try to enlighten you and explain what the bible meant but instead of answering my questions, you sent me to some site that is twisting everything. Just answer the questions you were asked.

Dear sir,
You have just decoded the 'DNA' of Islam: Your statement above is the only way people are 'kept' in that hideous faith. Questions are not asked, you only follow the Ustahs. This is a religion predicated on indoctrination, hence the followers are like the light switch who can be flicked on or off by the mullahs/sheiks because they themselves lack the knowledge of their faith and are not encouraged to seek or question it outside what they are taught. Thus, in most conversations or attempts at intellectual exchanges with 'devoted muslims' particularly, it usually comes back to 'circular reasoning' as you've experienced--refering you to another source grin. For example, this is a religion in which lying to achieve your objective is officially sanctioned in some so-called mainstream or 'moderate' sects i.e officially sanctioned deception -- it is known as TAQQIYA.
In the Hadith Volume 5, Book 59, Number 369, we see Mohamed (that's their prophet) make a specific provision for Muslims to lie if it will help them to kill an enemy.
[[Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it."]]  It is believed that they all use the principle of TAQQIYA nowadays to officially sanction ignorance in their folds, justify wickedness and thus to perpetuate their horrendous doctrines. 9/11, 7/7, etc are all vivid examples.

Unfortunately, with the advances in technology, internet etc, we now have uncontrolled access to the Quran, Hadiths, etc in various languages available to everybody interested in a scientific, unprejudiced and critical appraisal of the tenets, beliefs and doctrines of Islam; as well as life and lifestyles of their deluded prophet. It is such an analysis that has revealed Islam is an hedonistic faith rooted deeply in Arabian paganism; with a prophet whose lifestyle is abominable as shown in the above example taken from the Quran itself. How can such a man be a prophet of the true living God? Seriously!!!
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Alexis: I directed you to the website, hoping you will find benefiting knowledge about the Bible, Jesus of the Bible and paul/formerly saul. Unfortunately, you do not see anything worth your while.

Now to your question of if Islamic Paradise is mainly for man; the answer is capital NO. Funny enough, as I writing this piece, CNN is reporting the new 'crisis' brewing in the vatican/Roman catholics sect of the christendom. It is the old issue; to marry or not to marry dilemma. You and your brothers will agree, even in your hearts, maybe ashamed to tell a disbeliever in CRUCIFIXION like me that it is unnatural for grown men and women who are full of sexual energies to abandone this natural pleasure, for no prevailing and compelling reason whatsoever! Maybe you could do it for a certain period of time, a banking term known as cool off period. But certainly, not for ever, especially when you are still young and in this day and age.

If you read the Qur'an, you will find many verses which address believers. In this case, believers are men and women, then they reach age of puberty. They are given the same responsibility in worship and competition in doing good deeds. In suratul Fajr, as an illutration, you will find the last verse addressing people of jannah. It is a cogender place. God does not discriminate based on gender, but it is only on believe or lack of it in truth and the doing of good deeds for His sake, alone.

There are many hadiths where women are indicated to be people of jannah. For example, all the companions of the prophet, the men and the women of them, from his family and outside of it, the ones who died in slavery and the free among them, all are people of Paradise. The journey of Muhammad (AS), to heaven was an event you should know about. He left from the Masjid Ummar in Masjid Aqsa sherif. The Jews and christians who have knowledge acknowledge this event. Aqsa is in Jerusalem. It is the same vicinity that malaika Jibril (AS) appeared to and gave Mariam, Ummuh Isa bin Mariam (AS) the news of his birth. In this journey, before Muhammad (AS) got to the first heaven, in the company of Jibril, Muhammad smelled a heavenly fragrance. Muhammad has a pertion for Fragrance. Jibril told him that the fragrance was the fragrance of Asia in Jannah. Asia was the wife of Pharaoh. Asia was a believer who was married to a tyrant and a disbeliever, an open enemy to Allah Taala. The mother of Isa bin Mariam (AS), is also a person from Jannah. The qualification for Jannah is not limited and restrict or reserve for male, alone. It is reserve for believers in the Oneness of God and obedience in worship and doing as much good as you can for the pleasure of God and hoping in His mercy and forgiveness.

My mother was a christian for all her years until less than 3 Ramadans ago. I spoke to her about converting to Islam, when I realised that familly members will be united together in the day of Judgement. Those who receive the mercy of God and thereby rewarded with a station in Paradise will not co mingle with those who receive justice from God and send to the fire of hell because they do not receive the mercy of God. Knowing fully well that God the Almighty states in Suratul Almaidah (The table spread) that He has completed His favor on mankind in giving Islam as a complete religion for which one will receive His mercy. And that whoever comes with anything different will be rejected and not acceptable. I knew that I must at least tell her about it. This was after 911. By the way, from my apartment's window, in New York City, I saw the second airplane hitting the second tower. I also saw them crashing down as if it were controlled implosion. Please go to google.com, then click on video after you enter 911 in the search box. Thre is wealth of information, all from 'White American and Europeans'!

I am happy that my mother converted to Islam. It is comforting that she will be united with me and my siblings and my father. God willing. If you think for a moment, what will be the difference between Hell and Paradise? If hell is torment, the opposite must apply to Paradise. If hell is punishmet, paradise must be pleasureable. You must know what i am saying by now. Then if this earth has its degrees of happiness, then I would imagine that Paradise pleasure must be very superior and devoid of any real effort to attain. I remember that one of the 'men of knowledge' amongst the christians of Nairaland, wrote about the Abu Dhabi's one world's 7 stars rated hotel. He thinks this pleasure is something to talk about. But he forgot that this hotel is only a man made, located in the heart of Islamic world, owned by Arab Muslims. The truth is that this hotel is nothing in its pleasure to what the people of jannah will experience. Sex is part of human pleasure. In Paradise, it will not be a source of fatgue for men and women. Which is the mercy of your Lord will you deny!
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 17, 2006
read about Mohammed and his high regard for women.

http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/playboy.html
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2006
@Babyosisi: I have high regard for you. See. My respecting you is not but by the grace of Allah, Who brought Muhammad (AS), to teach me morals. My morality is inferior to that of any good muslim alive today, their individual morality is inferior to that of the last generation that passed. Then that is also inferior to the generation before it. This goes on and on. Every previous generation having a more superior moral quality that the one after it. Then you have the third generation, yet inferior to second. That in turn inferior to that of the companions (RA). All of them put together and all successive generations added to it, Muhammad (AS), alone is higher!

See, if it is the African culture that I am projecting, by now you would have seen by rough edges. Probably I will be Bogarding you by now. Muhammad is beloved to his Lord that Allah attaches Muhammad's name to Himself: Muhammad Rasullullah. SMILE! See.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Aggressa(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2006
@Babyosisi,
Again thanks for the website that further shows the 'exploits' of 'prophet muhammed': the dude is a 'true player for real'. grin grin

@Alexis, this information, just like a mountain of others, is another addition to the example I showed above. It is no longer possible to keep the life and life style of this 'so-called apostle of allah' a secret. So saying our opinion is becasue we do not know Islam or it's prophet is wrong. We now know him and his exploits and we also know the religion.

Bible says we should 'Abhor that which is evil'. Islam is one of the evils of this day and age. Let the truth be told!!!
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by alexis(m): 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2006
olabowale,

You keep doing this thing - I ask you some questions and you keep ignoring it, diverting it and talking about something else. Please do me a favour BE STRAIGHT-FORWARD!!!!
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by gbadex1(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2006
@ olabs,

so much text, so little sense.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by olabowale(m): 1:29am On Nov 18, 2006
@gbade.x: I check you entries and I am sure of any real question. I think in one of them you spoke about death and resurrection. This are your questions? First the Qur'an says that they did not crucify him nor did they kill him, Check Chapter named the table spread. One of the glaring anomaly about the time period which satarts from Friday evening, jst before Sunset to Sunday morning just after Sunrise, coming up to 3 days is in the same line of reasoning of trinity making one (3 in one concept)! I see a similarity between the two now. They have 3 as a common thread. Then you have the Rapture thing going on as well!

gbade.x, now let me know what your question (s) is/are so that i can try to provide adequate answer(s).
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2006
olabowale:

@gbade.x: I check you entries and I am sure of any real question. I think in one of them you spoke about death and resurrection. This are your questions? First the Qur'an says that they did not crucify him nor did they kill him, Check Chapter named the table spread. One of the glaring anomaly about the time period which satarts from Friday evening, jst before Sunset to Sunday morning just after Sunrise, coming up to 3 days is in the same line of reasoning of trinity making one (3 in one concept)! I see a similarity between the two now. They have 3 as a common thread. Then you have the Rapture thing going on as well!

Well Olabowale,the Torah in hundreds of prophecies spoke of a Messiah that would be born and the manner in which he would die.
All those prophecies were fulfilled in Christ,a revelation that millions of Jews have seen and accepted Christ as savior (and many Muslims too).

Then comes Mohammed hundreds of years later to dispute what even the Jewish writings attest to,that a certain Christ was crucified on the cross,most only doubt that he was indeed the messiah not that he was crucified.
Re: Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2006
some testimonies from Jewish Christians.
but first an except from my favorite one.

[b] I wondered why Isaiah 52 and 54 were read at Shabbat services, but not chapter 53. Close examination reveals a very specific description of a person who would suffer for the Jews as penalty for their sins. "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all." Surely the Christians had sneaked a chapter about Jesus into the Jewish scriptures! But even the Dead Sea Scrolls, which include this same text, date the book of Isaiah to hundreds of years before Jesus was ever born.

The prophet Jeremiah also foretold in chapter 31 of a "New Covenant", one in which God declares, "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (v. 31-34)  All this talk about the remission of sin in the Jewish scriptures? I had many questions but as I investigated them I had even more.  Could Jesus, the focal point of a religion that had persecuted Jews for centuries, actually be the Messiah to the Jews? Why didn't every Jew see the same inconsistencies and why didn't every 'Christian' know the Jesus of the scriptures? As I read the Bible for myself, a sinking reality came upon me.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color] I fought it for as long as possible. And then one day during a service at the local synagogue, my oldest daughter sensed my discomfort and asked, "Daddy, are we in the right place?" Her question went straight to my heart. There were tears in my eyes as I acknowledged to her and myself that we were not in the right place. It was a bittersweet moment - sad, in that I realized my people did not know the good news about God's provision - the Messiah of Israel - but joyful, in that now I did.

Shortly thereafter I surrendered my stubborn pride to the obvious truth and invited Messiah into my heart.  And He came in.  I know firsthand that one of the reasons Jews - and anyone for that matter - avoid even considering Jesus is because they've seen so much evidence that the search ultimately leads to Him! And this threatens their very identity[/b]

http://www.wordofmessiah.org/believers_stories.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Christian Women Show Off Amazing Dance Steps While Dancing To 'Overdose' Song / 3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.