Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! (1703 Views)

Man Brings Wife From Nigeria Abroad Only To Discover She's Pregnant For Another / She's Pregnant For Me Even When I Told Her Am Not Ready / The Dilemma Of Foxybone ( She's Pregnant ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Joan4427(f): 1:23am On May 08, 2009
What will you do if your friends' teenage daughter confides in you that she's pregnant and scared? She needs help but does not want her parents involved.

How can one handle such a delicate situation?
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by millco88(f): 1:25am On May 08, 2009
Tell the parents.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Sissy3(f): 1:44am On May 08, 2009
there no way her parents cant know. talk to her mom as a friend about the situation.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by mntpaul(m): 7:13am On May 08, 2009
The child is the parents responsibility, so of course tell the parents. Especially in the U.S. They might choose abortion for her. It is their choice.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Akinagirl(f): 7:26am On May 08, 2009
Her parents must know. She wont tell them but you have to tell her mother. Then come conclusion quickly.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Mashkov: 8:30am On May 08, 2009
TELL THE PARENTS - but choose the more reasonable of the two to tell first.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by bluespice(f): 8:37am On May 08, 2009
tell the girl it will be best to make the parents aware
talk her thru the process, if possible set up a meeting with the more reasonable of the two
be with her all thru the whole ordeal
she trusts u thats y she confided in u
dont jeopardise the trust by running ur mouth off to the parents
teens dont trust adults easily
esecially when it comes to issues like this . ,
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by izeek(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2009
i think you should advise the girl to tell her parents,
and that you would be thereto support her and pacify her parents.
she would need your support,but let her confide in her parents.

u have earned her trust, so use it wisely.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Joan4427(f): 10:15pm On May 08, 2009
Thanks you all. It's just such a difficult and uncomfortable situation.
You suggest to tell her parents and the girl just freaks out. Phew! This is not a good position to be in.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Akinagirl(f): 10:42pm On May 08, 2009
I don't envy you. I wouldn't want to be in that situation at all.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Pittbaby(f): 11:44pm On May 08, 2009
I like the option of supporting the girl has she tells her parents , they will know eventually , and you dont help her if you tell them behind her
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Joan4427(f): 11:49pm On May 08, 2009
Akinagirl:

I don't envy you. I wouldn't want to be in that situation at all.

Thanks. Wish I weren't either! 

Pittbaby:

I like the option of supporting the girl has she tells her parents ,  they will know eventually , and you dont help her if you tell them behind her

The problem is getting her to understand that this is the best way to handle the situation. I'm afraid the she may start showing by the time school resumes and then the stuff can not be hidden anymore. Now is the time to act. The girl is too scared to face her parents especially her dad. She thinks the man will have her head!
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Sissy3(f): 11:52pm On May 08, 2009
why not go with her to talk to her parents and maybe try to explain things in simple terms to them? at least it could be better than her going to tell them alone?
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Joan4427(f): 11:56pm On May 08, 2009
@Sissy, I agree with your suggestion. The girl is refusing to go. She's too afraid of her parents. This is just crazy! And I can't just kick her out.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Sissy3(f): 12:01am On May 09, 2009
i think she is refusing cox u r still petting around with her. it is either she go with u or you do it by urself. cox eventually her mom esp. is going to find anyhow, and i dnt think she will be happy knowing that you knew about this and kept quiet?
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by TOYOSI20(f): 12:03am On May 09, 2009
Joan, It’s a truly awkward position u are in,

and I truly believe the parents would really have preferred to have first dibs on their daughter’s current situation. . .

Well having said that, I feel like u should inform the parents as soon as u can, and have very little to do wid the whole thing,

I wish her well though!!
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Joan4427(f): 12:19am On May 09, 2009
You guys are all right!

I should give her like one week of grace to make up her mind to either come with me or I go to her parents by myself.

Either way, they are her parents and they deserve to know. If she still wants to continue hiding from them after that, at least my own hands would be clear of the situation. Oh, and I promised her I won't let her dad cut her head off. Hope I did the right thing there.
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Outstrip(f): 3:47am On May 09, 2009
Did you let her move in with you?
Re: Your Friends Teenage Daughter Confides In You She's Pregnant! by Akinagirl(f): 4:04am On May 09, 2009
I doubt very seriously that her parents will "cut her head off" They have that fear instilled in them so that they wont go and get pregnant. But there is no crying over spilled milk, she is pregnant and her parents need to know. Her parents are not going to love her any less. They will be truly disappointed in her, because they raised her better than that. Her situation is a reflection of their parenting or lack there of.But assure her that they will be there to the end. She is their daughter and that will never change. They have unconditional love for her. And they will support her.

(1) (Reply)

Who Owns The Pregnancy? / I'm Confused: / I'm Heart Broken, Wat Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.