Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) (38592 Views)

Why I Sold ‘monkey Tail ’ To Feed My Family – Woman Tells Ndlea / Why I Dumped My One-Day-Old Baby - Mother (pictured) / 15-year-old Loses Eye After Flogging By Step Mother (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Chanchit: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
Excellentmind:

If there is nothing wrong with what she did, then bring yours up and encourage her to do same.

And you think you have an excellentmind with what you just typed? All you heiodts quoting me didn't even wait to read where I said "had it been it was one legally" no matter what you all say, I think its better the child get a good upbringing than having to live the same kind of life her mother lived. If the child was to be used for rituals is another debate entirely.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by mmsen: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
She should have sold herself to ritualists.

Silly woman.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by mmsen: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
raayah:
Just sad all the way.

We need adoption homes and planned family resource enters in this country.

Women like these who cannot care for their children should be able to put their kids up for adoption for another loving family to take.
Family resource centers will also give women information about contraceptives and family planing in general.

I hope they release her.

They need to be given proper contraceptives and there need to be consequences for women who refuse to be responsible for their bodies.

Sleep with as many men as you want to if you so desire but don't drag children into your disorganised tragedy of a life.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Excellentmind: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2015
Moral is dead and buried, and so people do what they want without any consideration. Everybody wants a sane society but nobody wants to consider the place of moral in a sane society. It's clear that most people commenting on this issue have been involved in this immoral and dehumanizing act, and so trying very hard to convince us that it's the right way to go. Promiscuity is an immoral act condemned by God. Like the Holy Bible says, parents should bring up their children in the way they should go and when they grow up, they will not depart to avoid the spread of this heinous act.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by cardoctor(m): 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
Very soon na her mama she go sell.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Excellentmind: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chanchit:

And you think you have an excellentmind with what you just typed? All you heiodts quoting me didn't even wait to read where I said "had it been it was one legally" no matter what you all say, I think its better the child get a good upbringing than having to live the same kind of life her mother lived. If the child was to be used for rituals is another debate entirely.

finding solution to effect without addressing the cause will compound the problem. Others will take the path because there is a way out and the multiplier effects will continue. Any one found in the act should be made to face the music for opening her legs wide when she is not of age. And so the problem will fade away.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by raayah(f): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
tellwisdom:

Do you wear Gstrings? sad..Can i see?

Tellwisdom . The infamous nairaland celebrity of 2010/2011. Where have you been?
I am a very huge fan of yours! I am very pleased that you mentioned me.

Unfortunately, I don't wear G-strings!
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Tunami(m): 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
YOU SHLD HAVE LET HER GROW TO LIKE 17 YEARS AND SELL HER. IS THAT NOT WHAT YOU GUYS DO WHEN YOU COLLECT BRIDE PRICE RUNNING INTO MILLIONS OF NAIRA?
guy the gal no from ibo if na ibo person i know say she fit sell am millions of naira if the pikin grow
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by midehi2(f): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
Chanchit:
There's nothing wrong in what she did had it been it was done legally. She should be assisted in giving the baby up for adoption, I hate seeing children suffer from poverty which they know nothing about. Even the mother needs care, she looks like a man.
God bless you
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by higherpower: 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
That was how Mario Balloteli' parent gave their child out to a white woman for adoption. Now they feel they should share in the joy. If u can carry a child for 9 good months, what then would be more difficult that that? [color=#006600][/color]
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Excellentmind: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
midehi2:

God bless you

Birds of a feather
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by midehi2(f): 8:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Excellentmind:

Birds of a feather
tongue
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Hero10001: 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sometimes i wonder if these pple have families, esp the baby factory yeeboe machines.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by LovelyFunmi(f): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2015
POVERTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by harry509: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
ijustdey:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/i-sold-my-daughter-because-of-poverty-20-year-old-mother/

hmmmmM! She shud av took d baby 2 an orphanage home 4 propa care. Bcus 20k she sold her blood As if say d money nu go 5nish, well she shud dance 2 her wickedness.

Warning!!!

If u can't stay off sex better use condom 4 protection...
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by swaggerdgrt(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Yustash001:
You didn't consider poverty when you were enjoying the rod....na thunder go fire you...
that's harsh my guy,consider her condition naa
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Tomasboy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
saintkel:
D evil of today makes me wonder how the world will be in 2030
ma brother, only if end of time will b dat long o, cus tins wey I been dey see dis days dey make me feel like say tomorrow go be end time o shocked
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Gido2sun(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
konji na bastard
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by honeyway(m): 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
See what poverty has caused....Has she not spent more than that when the baby was still in her womb? ! May God forgive her
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by enloghomes: 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
This could be out of ignorance, we shall continue to read more of this as long as our youth are not given the basic education. In our street today, is it not a common sight seeing children of school age moving about? An idle brain is a devil 's workshop. Is high time something is done.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Luvscom: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
AVOID PREMARITAL SEX
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by faites(f): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
Why are u guys crucifying the girl. Did she do anything wrong? She refused an abortion, which is very commendable. She knew she can never raise d baby and gave it to someone who can raise her in d lap of luxury and u guys are here busy complaining. She she have left the girl so hunger would kill both of them? No, go on, tell me her crime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 31, 2015
Some people can be so harsh angry at least she didn't dump the new born baby in the bin, like some other Naija women have done in the crime section.

It takes two to tango, and the man just as much to blame advising her to get an abortion yet couldn't even help take care of her needs for that.

It unfortunate the events that took place but in such circumstances I understand, if she were able to take Care of herself and baby she wouldn't have opted for such desperate measures. But I'm just glad she didn't kill the baby or flush him/her down the toilet.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by chinweobianwa(f): 1:05am On Oct 31, 2015
This is what ignorance/poverty cause in a nation like Nigeria, people should be educated and forced to stop blaming every little thing on God.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by NemzySeries(m): 4:25am On Oct 31, 2015
Condom is still 50box but dis peepz av taKen it upon demselves neva to use it
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by shaiba(f): 6:41am On Oct 31, 2015
yomi007k:
For 20,000?

Chineke mee

N1000 for every year of her life.
I feel so sorry for her, only God knows what circumstances, pain, and advice that led her to such decision.
I pray they find the child and reconcile them, give her hope to live again.

I don't support her action though.
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Fourwinds: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2015
Chanchit:
There's nothing wrong in what she did had it been it was done legally. She should be assisted in giving the baby up for adoption, I hate seeing children suffer from poverty which they know nothing about. Even the mother needs care, she looks like a man.
but her senses were there when she spread her stu..pid legs for d useless boyfriend...

there is a saying dat u don't use ur teeth to cut what u forbid eating..ok
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Fourwinds: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2015
NemzySeries:
grin
NemzySeries:
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Fourwinds: 7:49am On Oct 31, 2015
chinweobianwa:
This is what ignorance/poverty cause in a nation like Nigeria, people should be educated and forced to stop blaming every little thing on God.
dats what happened when she forgot to close her legs properly
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Fourwinds: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2015
Adanna28:
Some people can be so harsh angry at least she didn't dump the new born baby in the bin, like some other Naija women have done in the crime section.

It takes two to tango, and the man just as much to blame advising her to get an abortion yet couldn't even help take care of her needs for that.

It unfortunate the events that took place but in such circumstances I understand, if she were able to take Care of herself and baby she wouldn't have opted for such desperate measures. But I'm just glad she didn't kill the baby or flush him/her down the toilet.
this is d bullsit dat happens when a girl refuses to close her legs till marriage... who send her message
Re: I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) by Fourwinds: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2015
swaggerdgrt:
that's harsh my guy,consider her condition naa
it is not harsh my guy.. I hate wgen people refuses to consider d consequences of their action...before u emback on a journey consider d cost...

Jesus Christ said it dat will u not consider d cost of putting up a building before starting it.? else people will laugh at u and call u foolish... u can see dat is what has just happened to d girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Chance Robbers Caught In Wuse, Abuja (pics/video) / Ritualist Caught Exhuming Corpses In Kogi, Almost Lynched By Irate Mob (photos) / Soldiers Storm Jakande Detaining Policemen Over Death Of Lagos Trader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.