Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I (18635 Views)

Is It Rational To Believe In Afterlife [A Discussion] / Songs Of The Worlds By Johnydon22 / The Untold Story of Job By Johnydon22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2015
Remilekun101:

Even though i agree that it is Automatism.

what about PHYSICAL EVIDENCES below
check here: http://thoughtcatalog.com/christine-stockton/2014/03/terrifying-true-tales-of-people-messing-around-with-ouija-boards/

14. Photos of what it did

http://i.imgur.com/FssFx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PSSqa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z3xIv.jpg

These are the photos of what happened to me after using a homemade Ouija Board tonight. We asked a variety of questions asking the spirit if it was the one who had scratched by chest which had been done prior to using the board. It replied yes and it said that it was “here” for “me” and that it was not going to leave. I pray that it will.

I am sure everyone has been shown all these are involuntary action by the one using the board and not any spirit.. It is the person's psychological placebo..

You did that to yourself in the state of automatism...

we also need to ask ourselves why Automatism works only in the case of Ouija Board.

Hell No sire automatism is a psychological condition and can happen at anytime to anyone in any situation not only Ouija board mumbo jumbo

We also have Medical automatism, where by an unconscious patient is performing some actions unknowingly..

Sleep walking and etc.. thousands of that..

Now am sure this has been treated and finished...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
geesampower:

Well done o.
You really have time for all these. But I understand, if you don't answer their questions regardless of how silly it is, it would be presumed you've been proven wrong.
But honestly you don't have to.

As I said earlier, this sort of argument only lead to brain drain. There is nothing to gain from it. This is not a discussion this is a "I MUST PROVE HIM WRONG" sort of argument. Explain all you want to, you are just wasting your time.

One day I was burning some trash and as I stood there staring at the flames I heard a voice loud and clear. The voice told me all sinners would burn in hell. That happened when I was a kid. I've had a dream of me and jesus living happily in heaven. Lol, so what? Does my dream of a talking pencil also prove pencils talk, or my dreams of mickey mouse and I playing prove the existence of mickey mouse?

All these I tell you are true, but they don't prove anything. Dreams and "voices" in our heard are all products or our thoughts, which are products of what we hear, read etc.

I used to have sleep paralysis some 6 years ago, when ever it happens I feel I am struggling with a demon, a female demon to be precise.
I stopped believing in demons and all these bull crap about 5yrs ago.
I researched sleep paralysis and got to know the cause (has nothing to do with demons of cos)
I realized it happens when ever I sleep very late and I try to wake up before having enough sleep.
Since then I sleep on time so I don't have to force my self to wake up before having adequate sleep (which my body fights and caused the sleep paralysis). That was the end, no prayers, no deliverance.
I got the impression they were demons cos of what I hear in church, people giving testimonies about demons pressing them in their sleep and how "God" saved them from the demon.

Our minds can be very funny, tell a kid there is "ojuju" in a dark empty room and his mind would create the image of the "ojuju" vividly to the extent he would believe he can see it physically.
You can even influence how the "ojuju" would look like. Tell the kid it has horns and he would see one with horns, tell the kid it has a tail and he would see it with a tail.
This works for ANY kid. Just don't look like you are playing. Tell the kid with all seriousness and he would see whatever you describe.
Leave such a kid with this impressed on him and his mind would create more demons of different shapes and sizes. Reason why I laugh at the so called cockville miracle many are excited about.
An impressionable mind only needs suggestions and the mind would do the rest.

Lol... I feel compelled to oblige and explain some things when asked or engage in a discussion when necessary.

It may be rude or arrogant of me to ignore someone just because i think he is wrong, i can spare a few time to discuss and at least reach a logical conclusion.

Just like i am sure i and Remi have reached on his Ouija board postulation..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Remilekun101: 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
johnydon22:

I am sure everyone has been shown all these are involuntary action by the one using the board and not any spirit.. It is the person's psychological placebo..

You did that to yourself in the state of automatism...

Hell No sire automatism is a psychological condition and can happen at anytime to anyone in any situation not only Ouija board mumbo jumbo

We also have Medical automatism, where by an unconscious patient is performing some actions unknowingly..

Sleep walking and etc.. thousands of that..

Now am sure this has been treated and finished...

i finally agree with you on the Ouija board

i would want to you to read this before we continue..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/life-after-death-largest-ever-study-provides-evidence-that-out-of-body-and-near-death-experiences-9780195.html

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/harvard-neurosurgeon-confirms-the-afterlife-exists/

and finally this

http://thespiritscience.net/2014/10/28/proof-of-life-after-death/
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by McSterling(m): 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Never heard of the book. I am downloading it right away. Now I suggest you read The Heathens Guide to World's Religions by William Hopper.

I have ebook copies if you want.
Please send to ****
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by geesampower(m): 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol... I feel compelled to oblige and explain some things when asked or engage in a discussion when necessary.

It may be rude or arrogant of me to ignore someone just because i think he is wrong, i can spare a few time to discuss and at least reach a logical conclusion.

Just like i am sure i and Remi have reached on his Ouija board postulation..
That is good anyway
All the best
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
hahn:

Check page 12. Someone even uploaded a picture of god this time around. Finally, we can all stop arguing. He is indeed real grin

We are almost at Page 12 grin
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
Long time where is my brother Remilekun101 being quite long brother.. You good?
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Remilekun101: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
johnydon22:
Long time where is my brother Remilekun101 being quite long brother.. You good?

Yes. Thanks for asking after me. I'm all smiles that you care. Nigeria isn't easy again and one gats to double the hustle. How are you doing over there
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
Remilekun101:

Yes. Thanks for asking after me. I'm all smiles that you care. Nigeria isn't easy again and one gats to double the hustle. How are you doing over there

seriously bro the hustle is real.. Doing great just trying to put some change into my pocket too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
It's time i answered this question

UyiIredia:
I've got several questions for johnnydon22

1) What's your best reason for not believing in God?
Basically lack of empirical back up, hidding behind ignorance, absurdity of superstition..

2) Do you believe in evolution?
Nature is constantly changing and getting more complex so evolution is a FACT of nature and i agree with it..

How biological evolution occurred/ trends and sequencies we are yet to fully grasp.

3) How open are you about your atheism and what's been the response?

Pretty open even at work, All my siblings know except my parents [for obvious reasons, i don't need troubles] but my parents do know i am indifferent on religious matters.

Responses: well sometimes funny, when people learn i'm atheistic there'd be first like "What?!!!" then they'd be so eager to do God a favour by engaging me and they'd leave with a lot more questions in their mind and a bit of doubt than what they came with.

Most people i know respect me, many admire my guts and others just think that being smart makes one arrogant to reject "god'therefore loathe my willingness to engage when pricked.

4) What could convince you that God exists?

Empirical substantiation - like that particular God that wants to prove itself shows up.

That'd be all.

ok

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare / What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.