Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I (18642 Views)

Is It Rational To Believe In Afterlife [A Discussion] / Songs Of The Worlds By Johnydon22 / The Untold Story of Job By Johnydon22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by frank317: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh ..there is afterlife . You just need to be dead to experience it

I hope you are just being sarcastic... Otherwise, I would call you foolish like I proposed a while back... U know na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
frank317:

I hope you are just being sarcastic... Otherwise, I would call you foolish like I proposed a while back... U know na.

Are you ok ? Its called AFTERlife and you need to be dead to experience it
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh ..there is afterlife . You just need to be dead to experience it

Really but you are not dead, how come you know this?

Same thing you say someone needs to die first before experiencing you that is alive still in the same breathe assert to know..

Hhmmm common intellectual dishonesty have never gone lower..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by johnydon22(m): 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you ok ? Its called AFTERlife and you need to be dead to know if exits or not

Same you said there is, you are not dead and somehow you know that there is...You are not even sure where to clutch on exactly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by herald9: 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Same thing you say someone needs to die first before experiencing you that is alive still in the same breathe assert to know..

This issue is dead on arrival. You guys are just dragging the corpse. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Same you said there is, you are not dead and somehow you know that there is...You are not even sure where to clutch on exactly...

It was meant to be modified ... sorry
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
johnydon22:

ohh johnny.. when will u stop slaying these theists? undecided
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

It was meant to be modified ... sorry
chai my broda ebus.. why u dey lie NAA
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2015
krattoss:
chai my broda ebus.. why u dey lie NAA

I typed it saw it was a mistake but couldn't change it immediately because I had to switch to another WIFI network . I'm human abeg
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I typed it saw it was a mistake but couldn't change it immediately because I had to switch to another WIFI network . I'm human abeg
ok I make I believe with fear oo
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
krattoss:
ok I make I believe with fear oo

lol ... no wahala
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Remilekun101: 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Its seriously boring me out . . . . I was hoping for some serious argument on the proposing side here..

Anyway please people this floor is now open for anybody who wants to argue on the side of life after death!!!
yeah same here. Work has been hard lately. Maybe when I have more time to think we might continue. The Ouija board was a diversion.

Afterlife really do exists. I learnt them from books and articles. Then also personal experiences
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Simple. People have died seen the afterlife and been revived told their experience. Some have seen it near-death and some have experienced it as dreams or visions.

It is here that the polarized mindset of an ignorant atheist comes into play. If the person died without a report of an afterlife, like say, Fabrice Muamba you'd hear nothing. But let someone who died say he/she saw an afterlife: petty rationalizations will fly in especially the one about it being illusions caused by misfiring neurons.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2015
I've got several questions for johnnydon22
1) What's your best reason for not believing in God?
2) Do you believe in evolution?
3) How open are you about your atheism and what's been the response?
4) What could convince you that God exists?
That'd be all.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by UyiIredia(m): 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
Teempakguy:
hahaha. cheesy

what is the meaning of "sound atheist"?

atheism is not a religion. neither is it a belief system or an occupation. undecided

anyway, seems like this is going to be nice. cool

Atheism is a belief system. It is materialistic, skeptical and empirical in nature. Most atheists, especially in the developed world, tend to be liberal on social issues e.g. sexuality.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
@ UyiIredia . Atheists on Nairaland actually say there is no evidence whatsoever for God to exist
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
UyiIredia:

Atheism is a belief system. It is materialistic, skeptical and empirical in nature. Most atheists, especially in the developed world, tend to be liberal on social issues e.g. sexuality.
you might as well state that philosophy and science are belief systems. Then we can have real talk.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
UyiIredia:

Simple. People have died seen the afterlife and been revived told their experience. Some have seen it near-death and some have experienced it as dreams or visions.

It is here that the polarized mindset of an ignorant atheist comes into play. If the person died without a report of an afterlife, like say, Fabrice Muamba you'd hear nothing. But let someone who died say he/she saw an afterlife: petty rationalizations will fly in especially the one about it being illusions caused by misfiring neurons.
you're not being rational about all this. And it is showing in your statements.

Why would we need a brain if we don't need it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by ichommy(m): 6:39am On Nov 08, 2015
Shollyps:
*grab chair... popcorn +orijin
grin share for me nah.

1 Like

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by frank317: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you ok ? Its called AFTERlife and you need to be dead to experience it

Nwanna... Do you even sometimes read your post? You even have the audacity to ask if I am OK....

Since you need to be dead to experience it, how did you know it. Or have you died before?

3 Likes

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:10am On Nov 08, 2015
frank317:

Nwanna... Do you even sometimes read your post? You even have the audacity to ask if I am OK....

Since you need to be dead to experience it, how did you know it. Or have you died before?

I know of God's existence therefore there is afterlife and you need to be dead to experience it
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
you're not being rational about all this. And it is showing in your statements.

Why would we need a brain if we don't need it?

Your signature is a very irrational thought . There is no proof man came from nothing and you cannot prove that a creator does not exist . And these are the bunch that parade themselves as intellectuals . *Chuckles*
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by frank317: 7:15am On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

A Muslim dies and wakes up, as they claim, he sees and after life that confirms his beliefs

A Christian dies and wakes up, he sees after life that confirms his fears or beliefs.

What does that tell you. Again, did they really die? Was this just a near death experience or a death experience. Have you seen and accident victim or someone whose head was cut off wake up?
Since you believe the dead can wake up, do you think someone whose head was cut off can wake up too?

I love the question someone asked you... What's the use of a brain since we don't need it?

6 Likes

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Your signature is a very irrational thought . There is no proof man came from nothing and you cannot prove that a creator does not exist . And these are the bunch that parade themselves as intellectuals . *Chuckles*
everything ultimately came from nothing. Even if God were real, he would have come from nothing as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by frank317: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I know of God's existence therefore there is afterlife and you need to be dead to experience it

How does this prove anything? Its this kind of blanket statement that keeps us going back and forth in this forum.
If I ask you how you know of Gods existence, you will start referring me to the bible or start asking me how I came to existence and all that.
Since Gods experience seem to be a personal thing that has to do with belief. Will it be right to assume that your assumption of after life is a personal thing that is based on faith and belief?
Based on this, do you think its okay if I don't accept it since I have no personal experience with this God and I don't believe he exists?

1 Like

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by Shollyps(m): 7:48am On Nov 08, 2015
ichommy:

grin share for me nah.
you are late...the orijin has finished.... we will share the fanta sha

Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2015
Teempakguy:

everything ultimately came from nothing

Show me how this is possible

Even if God were real, he would have come from nothing as well.

God is uncreated and has always been existing .
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by dalaman: 8:01am On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God is uncreated and has always been existing .

The version of God you believe in was created by the ancient Hebrew men. The ancient Hebrew, Greek and Roman men are your God since they made the bible you believe in.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2015
dalaman:

The version of God you believe in was created by the ancient Hebrew men. The ancient Hebrew, Greek and Roman men are your God since they made the bible you believe in.

ok
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by dalaman: 8:03am On Nov 08, 2015
UyiIredia:

Who do you know that has been declared dead for 2 days that came back to life and said anything? Many Hindus also claim to have died and reincarnated, do you also believe that? Near death experience has nothing to do with the afterlife according to scientist since it can be induced in the lab.
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:05am On Nov 08, 2015
frank317:

How does this prove anything? Its this kind of blanket statement that keeps us going back and forth in this forum.
If I ask you how you know of Gods existence, you will start referring me to the bible or start asking me how I came to existence and all that.
Since Gods experience seem to be a personal thing that has to do with belief. Will it be right to assume that your assumption of after life is a personal thing that is based on faith and belief?
Based on this, do you think its okay if I don't accept it since I have no personal experience with this God and I don't believe he exists?

I think my statement is coherent enough
Re: A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I by dalaman: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I think my statement is coherent enough

Won't you go and dash your pastor money today? You are busy arguing with atheist on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / New Priests In Benue Celebrate First Mass In IDP Camp Over Herdsmen Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.