Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? (19180 Views)

Step By Step On How To Start Your Own Blog With Blogger 2017 / Create Your Own Blog/business Website Today / How To Set Up Your Own Blog To Help You Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nicolars(m): 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hello pls I need great and intelligent bloggers to help me out.

I want to enter into this internet world proper by creating a blog of my own.

I don't really know what it costs or the processes needed, who I will go and meet or anything about it.

I will just like you to explain the necessary things I will need to open this blog, what blogging is all about itself, the materials that I must have and the range of the capital, do I have to go to some kind of training?

Am still a young boy(teenager infact) and I know if I start this and before I get into that adult age well enough I should be making cool cash from it.

And also what is the range of years I will haav to put into before it becomes popular.

Your advice is well appreciated. Thanx

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by hertz9te(m): 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
you don't need much just God and an android phone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nicolars(m): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
hertz9te:
you don't need much just God and an android phone.

I av both,,,!! So wat next

And why did u mention God

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by hertz9te(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nicolars:

I av both,,,!! So wat next
get on your knees and start praying boy

8 Likes

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nicolars(m): 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
hertz9te:

get on your knees and start praying boy
Tot u will av sometyn beta... But no
I was wrong

10 Likes

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Julius2214(m): 6:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
If you're really ready to own a blog contact me here www.bloggingplan.com/contact

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by mokoshalb(m): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nawa oooo. All dese ppl above me sef. Instead of droppin d ansa here una dey redirect d dude.
In summary, Simply go to or blogger.com whch eva 1 u want. U nid a google+ profile 4 blogger. Next u select d url u want 2 use eg nicolars . .com or nicolars .wordpress .com. D url has to b related 2 wateva u wil b bloggin abt. Den u select d template u lyk. Afta dat u can start makin posts. If u decide 2 remove d . or .wordpress den u hv 2 buy a domain nd redirect it.
Wen u are settled, u can start botherin urself abt SEO and odas.
That's how I started! U dnt need any special trainin! Its lyk creatin nd runnin a facebk acct.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by emmalexdboy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nicolars:
Hello pls I need great and intelligent bloggers to help me out

I want to enter into diz internet world proper by creating a blog of my own

I don't really knw wat it cost or the processes needed, who I will go and meet or anytyn about it

I will just lyk u to explain the necessary tynz I will need to open diz blog, what blogging is all about itself, d materials dat I must av and the range of the capital, do I av to go to some kind of training

Am still a young boy(teenager infact) and I knw if I start diz and b4 I get into dat adult age well enough I suld be making cool cash from it

And also what is the range of years I will av to put into b4 it becomes popular

Ur advice is well appreciated. Thanx
Nicholas,
Just grab a free copy of my ebook, it'll guide you on how to create a powerful business plan for your blog and launch a profitable online business from your passion. (click my signature)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nicolars(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Rosemary216:
Nawa oooo. All dese ppl above me sef. Instead of droppin d ansa here una dey redirect d dude.
In summary, Simply go to or blogger.com whch eva 1 u want. U nid a google+ profile 4 blogger. Next u select d url u want 2 use eg nicolars . .com or nicolars .wordpress .com. D url has to b related 2 wateva u wil b bloggin abt. Den u select d template u lyk. Afta dat u can start makin posts. If u decide 2 remove d . or .wordpress den u hv 2 buy a domain nd redirect it.
That's how I started! U dnt need any special trainin! Its lyk creatin nd runnin a facebk acct.

Lol thank u
Hw much will it cost to buy a domain and redirect it

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by DOCTORDONE: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2015
2 Google Adsense Accounts Are Available For Sale. Interested buyers should contact Nackam.com on: TEL: 08164020207, Email: mekkat4@gmail.com , Website: www.nackam.com (See Website).
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2015
Nicolars:

Lol thank u Hw much will it cost to buy a domain and redirect it
less than 300#
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nicolars(m): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2015
Mayfrank:

less than 300#
300 naira or 300000
I don't gt
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2015
Nicolars:

300 naira or 300000
I don't gt
300 naira

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by simi4me(m): 9:20am On Nov 03, 2015
Nicolars:

Lol thank u Hw much will it cost to buy a domain and redirect it
You can get a free domain to redirect to your blog at dot.tk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by EntclassBlog(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2015
Nicolars:

I don't really knw wat it cost or the processes needed, who I will go and meet or anytyn about it

I will just lyk u to explain the necessary tynz I will need to open diz blog, what blogging is all about itself, d materials dat I must av and the range of the capital, do I av to go to some kind of training

Am still a young boy(teenager infact) and I knw if I start diz and b4 I get into dat adult age well enough I suld be making cool cash from it

I can put u through in what so ever u need in blogging... Call or whatsapp me 08183285846

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by hostkobo(m): 10:52am On Nov 03, 2015
Nicolars:

You have already "entered the internet" and its a good idea to start a blog of your own

The best way to start out blogging especially as a newbie is using completely free tools like Wordpress / Blogger. Free services enable you to learn the ropes, make mistakes and learn from. Wordpress has a faster learning curve but both tools are just great.

Use either of the below to create a blog ex: http://nicolars. or http://nicolars..com
https:///
https://www.blogger.com/

Necessary things:
1) time to blog
2) tools to blog - a phone and an internet connection at minimum
3) Great passion.

Dont start a blog because you saw someone doing it and having fun and making money. That you start a blog today doesnt not mean it would be successful. You need your own inner passion and seriousness to make your blog a success. You can write about serious things to totally stupid things, from fiction to non-fiction, news, entertainment, poetry, prose, whatever niche captures your fancy.

Dont go around and do copy paste from someone elses website into yours and think you are blogging. There is a lot of trash around the internet and dont add one with your own blog.

Advise: look around blogs online, find a good niche and focus on it.

#3 above is the most important

- a great mistake a lot of people make is "cash motivated" blogging. They have no passion, have no talent, have no direction, but just end up contributing junk into the internet... Some beggars in oshodi make more cash per day, per month and per year that some cash-minded bloggers. No pun intended, but whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

The biggest cash-cow bloggers today, go and ask them and they will tell you they started blogging just out of passion, they werent thinking cash. If you are good at what you do, cash will follow you.

it depends on the amount of time, effort, talent and passion you deposit into your blog

you are welcome

regards
HK

20 Likes

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
Nicolars:

Lol thank u
Hw much will it cost to buy a domain and redirect it
I bought my domain #283 wen godaddy were doin bonanza. Nd I redirected it myself.

If u want a domain name don't go for d free .tk or .ml. Makes ur blog look unprofessional. I advice u go for .com .ng .net etc. If u can't

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nicolars(m): 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
hostkobo:

You have already "entered the internet" and its a good idea to start a blog of your own

The best way to start out blogging especially as a newbie is using completely free tools like Wordpress / Blogger. Free services enable you to learn the ropes, make mistakes and learn from. Wordpress has a faster learning curve but both tools are just great.

Use either of the below to create a blog ex: http://nicolars. or http://nicolars..com
https:///
https://www.blogger.com/

Necessary things:
1) time to blog
2) tools to blog - a phone and an internet connection at minimum
3) Great passion.

Dont start a blog because you saw someone doing it and having fun and making money. That you start a blog today doesnt not mean it would be successful. You need your own inner passion and seriousness to make your blog a success. You can write about serious things to totally stupid things, from fiction to non-fiction, news, entertainment, poetry, prose, whatever niche captures your fancy.

Dont go around and do copy paste from someone elses website into yours and think you are blogging. There is a lot of trash around the internet and dont add one with your own blog.

Advise: look around blogs online, find a good niche and focus on it.

#3 above is the most important

- a great mistake a lot of people make is "cash motivated" blogging. They have no passion, have no talent, have no direction, but just end up contributing junk into the internet... Some beggars in oshodi make more cash per day, per month and per year that some cash-minded bloggers. No pun intended, but whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

The biggest cash-cow bloggers today, go and ask them and they will tell you they started blogging just out of passion, they werent thinking cash. If you are good at what you do, cash will follow you.

it depends on the amount of time, effort, talent and passion you deposit into your blog

you are welcome

regards
HK

Thanx alot
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by adesegun121(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2015
Ook
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by oluwagadaffi(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Check out a sample blog @ gadaffilion..com. it will guide u, i haven't blog much though, but that's a blog and is even free, just broadcast it through other social network and carry on from there you can later buy a domain name
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Sweetguy25: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Whats the purpose of the blog? That sets the direction of everything else

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Lordnewton1(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2015
try or blogger.com
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by iwriterng(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2015
This might be a little bit long.... But you asked for it, so sit tight.

Starting a Blog?

It's very easy to say all you need is a domain name and hosting, and have someone set it up for you, but seriously; blogging is way more than that (Especially If you don't intend to join the copy and paste band wagon).

WHAT YOU NEED:

1. KNOWLEDGE: To start a blog, you need to really understand what blogging is about. Read as much as you can about blogging, and then you can decided if blogging is what you really want to invest your time to.

Read about the following:
(a). Setting Up A Blog. For quality post on this; check http://www.blogtyrant.com (Ramsay is really a Tyrant)

(b). Content Creation You can check http://www.quicksprout.com (It's owned by Neil Patel and he's the best guy when it comes to content marketing)

(c). SEO You can check http://www.backlinkco.com (It's owned by Brian Dean, and he's the Lord of SEO)

(d). Traffic You can check http://www.boostblogtraffic.com (It's owned by Jon Morrow; this guy is crippled but he knows how to get people's attention)

(6). Monetiztion. (I don't know of any blog with quality information about this right now; but don't worry; monetization is the last thing that should be on your mind as a newbie.)

Ok.

Once you've acquired the right knowledge; you can then move on to deciding whether blogging is for you or not.

I have some really interesting post on my blog as well. You can check my signature and ask a more personal question if there is any. Ok, Goodluck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2015

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Kreamie(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2015
Suddenly, Everyone wants to be like Linda Ikeji..LOL grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by JamesUka: 10:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Start from the beginning
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Successdude(m): 10:45am On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:
Hi need your help. Having difficulty adding picture to my blogger post. i blog with mobile phone.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by free2ryhme: 10:47am On Nov 09, 2015
Nicolars:
Hello pls I need great and intelligent bloggers to help me out.

I want to enter into this internet world proper by creating a blog of my own.

I don't really know what it costs or the processes needed, who I will go and meet or anything about it.

I will just like you to explain the necessary things I will need to open this blog, what blogging is all about itself, the materials that I must have and the range of the capital, do I have to go to some kind of training?

Am still a young boy(teenager infact) and I know if I start this and before I get into that adult age well enough I should be making cool cash from it.

And also what is the range of years I will haav to put into before it becomes popular.

Your advice is well appreciated. Thanx
Since your initial objective is to make cash you are truly misled
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by doneee: 10:47am On Nov 09, 2015
Nicolars
whatsapp 08137861696

I'll design everything
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Emeka71(m): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by webincomeplus(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.