Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? (19178 Views)

Step By Step On How To Start Your Own Blog With Blogger 2017 / Create Your Own Blog/business Website Today / How To Set Up Your Own Blog To Help You Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Beautiful lady
Excellent post
tnx a lot.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:
Nawa oooo. All dese ppl above me sef. Instead of droppin d ansa here una dey redirect d dude.
In summary, Simply go to or blogger.com whch eva 1 u want. U nid a google+ profile 4 blogger. Next u select d url u want 2 use eg nicolars . .com or nicolars .wordpress .com. D url has to b related 2 wateva u wil b bloggin abt. Den u select d template u lyk. Afta dat u can start makin posts. If u decide 2 remove d . or .wordpress den u hv 2 buy a domain nd redirect it.
Wen u are settled, u can start botherin urself abt SEO and odas.
That's how I started! U dnt need any special trainin! Its lyk creatin nd runnin a facebk acct.
please can you recommend a cheap, trusted and reliable hosting company for me. And from your experience in blogging, which is better between naija and foreign host companies? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
hostkobo:

You have already "entered the internet" and its a good idea to start a blog of your own

The best way to start out blogging especially as a newbie is using completely free tools like Wordpress / Blogger. Free services enable you to learn the ropes, make mistakes and learn from. Wordpress has a faster learning curve but both tools are just great.

Use either of the below to create a blog ex: http://nicolars. or http://nicolars..com
https:///
https://www.blogger.com/

Necessary things:
1) time to blog
2) tools to blog - a phone and an internet connection at minimum
3) Great passion.

Dont start a blog because you saw someone doing it and having fun and making money. That you start a blog today doesnt not mean it would be successful. You need your own inner passion and seriousness to make your blog a success. You can write about serious things to totally stupid things, from fiction to non-fiction, news, entertainment, poetry, prose, whatever niche captures your fancy.

Dont go around and do copy paste from someone elses website into yours and think you are blogging. There is a lot of trash around the internet and dont add one with your own blog.

Advise: look around blogs online, find a good niche and focus on it.

#3 above is the most important

- a great mistake a lot of people make is "cash motivated" blogging. They have no passion, have no talent, have no direction, but just end up contributing junk into the internet... Some beggars in oshodi make more cash per day, per month and per year that some cash-minded bloggers. No pun intended, but whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.

The biggest cash-cow bloggers today, go and ask them and they will tell you they started blogging just out of passion, they werent thinking cash. If you are good at what you do, cash will follow you.

it depends on the amount of time, effort, talent and passion you deposit into your blog

you are welcome

regards
HK
nice line sir, please can you suggest some reliable hosting companies for me from your experience . am considering buying a domain now to host my site and secondly, Nigeria vs. Foreign based hosting companies, which do you feel is better for novice? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
Orikinla:
. Wow! You are right. When I started in 2005, I used a desktop and internet from a friend. Linda Ikeji did not even have laptop when she started. I created the blog for her rested FM&B magazine before another friend made for the custom domain and then she started her own LIB in 2007. So, favour of God and with any destop, laptop, palmtop, smart phone or tablet and internet will see you blogging right way. Millions of Nigerians on Facebook contributing content to the site are not making any money from their posts, but Facebook is making billions of dollars more than Dangote Group, Globacom and Forte Oil. Instead of spending your money on paying for internet to post and share news and interests on Facebook, post them on your own blog, monetize your blog on Blogger and still share your posts on Facebook. Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest. If your blog cannot pay for the internet you use, it is a waste of your money.
please sir as novice who wants to join the blogosphere which hosting company (between Nigeria and foreign) do you suggest I should use from your experience interms affordability and quality?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Thanks alot
you're welcome
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nafizzey:
please sir as novice who wants to join the blogosphere which hosting company (between Nigeria and foreign) do you suggest I should use from your experience interms affordability and quality?
Foreign host is always the best... I'd recommended.bluehost hosting if you can afford... or ipage which is cheaper.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by lekjons(m): 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Julius2214:
First year only
then after first year?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
lekjons:
then after first year?
$10
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by lekjons(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mayfrank:
$10
ok thanks!
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
lekjons:
ok thanks!
u welcome
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Cool83(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
i need to have my personal blog
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by MifiHost: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
100% Off Basic Hosting Plan - MifiHost

We are giving out our Basic web hosting Plan for free to users . Our Basic Plan is the real deal. There are no hidden fees, no deposit or credit card required. Signing up for a Basic free web hosting account is fast and easy. You can use our services for a lifetime if that is what you desire.Click the Link Below to go to the Offer Page

Http://www.mifihost.com
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mayfrank:

Foreign host is always the best... I'd recommended.bluehost hosting if you can afford... or ipage which is cheaper.
thank you for your response.. I have both gone through the sites and I think I will go for the ipage cos it's more affordable. and secondly can you shed light to me on the space availability as it varies with plan... As in the first plan from Ipage has 500mb allotted to it while soldier plan has 1gb space allotted and so on the cycle goes...

and secondly can u change hosting company after some time like if I reg with a particular hosting site and my reg expires? thank you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ayindepremier: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
My advice for newbies,
Do not blog because you saw ppl doing it, look at the problems in Nigeria Blogging Sphere, create your blog and post interesting and rich contents, And watch hiw you'll surely attract visitor.

blog for audience, do research extensively about your niche.

let your blog be users friendly.

and You can actually start blogging with 0 capital or whatever, Google's is 100% free, you can register your blog(s) free, No hostingor fee, my blog (http://www.nairainsider.com) is 100% powered and this is my first time announcing it openly, because I am still working on it.

but, do visit, I will surely put up some killer contents up for newbies and simple steps in creating super cool blogs in no time.

You can mail me freely for any help.

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Julius2214(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
lekjons:
then after first year?
$14.99, that's about 3k
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by cooljoe13: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nafizzey:
thank you for your response.. I have both gone through the sites and I think I will go for the ipage cos it's more affordable. and secondly can you shed light to me on the space availability as it varies with plan... As in the first plan from Ipage has 500mb allotted to it while soldier plan has 1gb space allotted and so on the cycle goes...

and secondly can u change hosting company after some time like if I reg with a particular hosting site and my reg expires? thank you sir

Nairalanders will never listen. You guyz want a cheap Web hosting. But u never considered the downtime and the likes.. Am not saying cheap Web hosting are bad but not ipage. If not for this same forum. I would have made the same mistakes.

https://www.nairaland.com/2412101/how-reliable-ipage-web-hosting
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by cooljoe13: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
MifiHost:
100% Off Basic Hosting Plan - MifiHost

We are giving out our Basic web hosting Plan for free to users . Our Basic Plan is the real deal. There are no hidden fees, no deposit or credit card required. Signing up for a Basic free web hosting account is fast and easy. You can use our services for a lifetime if that is what you desire.Click the Link Below to go to the Offer Page

Http://www.mifihost.com

How reliable is your web hosting platform?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nafizzey:

Yes you can transfer your site to another hosting company in future.

ipage offers unlimited space and scalable bandwidth. all at $3.25 a month which means you don't have to worry about exceeding your disk space.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by MifiHost: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
cooljoe13:

How reliable is your web hosting platform?

MifiHost guarantees you optimum services when you host with us. You can try out our Basic web hosting Plan which is currently available for giveaway.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
cooljoe13:

Nairalanders will never listen. You guyz want a cheap Web hosting. But u never considered the downtime and the likes.. Am not saying cheap Web hosting are bad but not ipage. If not for this same forum. I would have made the same mistakes.

https://www.nairaland.com/2412101/how-reliable-ipage-web-hosting

Ipage is very reliable... been using then for over a year. unless u av ur own personal issue with them. How human minds are shaped by society ehn.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Successdude(m): 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:

Which phone is that?
A Java phone.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by pryd(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
deramarks:
am indeed interested nd about the way I spell am good at diverting. When it's official I do the official tin sometimes itz my phone that errors my spellings
Fair enough then, I was mainly concerned you might be creating a wrong impression.
First, I could offer you invites to some literary events and thereafter arrange a meet up between you and a writer/author IN A PUBLIC PLACE. The essence is for you to be provided with the basic orientation as stated earlier.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Julius2214(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nafizzey:

Why not namecheap
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mayfrank:

Yes you can transfer your site to another hosting company in future.

ipage offers unlimited space and scalable bandwidth. all at $3.25 a month which means you don't have to worry about exceeding your disk space.
please see this Nigerian hosting site, what's your make up of the site?..tnx
www.domainking.ng/web-hosting/?gclid=CI3mi-zZg8kCFQ26GwodrPINMA
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Julius2214:
Why not namecheap
thank you. How much is their 1yr plan for beginners?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nafizzey:
please see this Nigerian hosting site, what's your make up of the site?..tnx
www.domainking.ng/web-hosting/?gclid=CI3mi-zZg8kCFQ26GwodrPINMA

It's not bad...it's the cheapest hosting plan ever. But they have downtimes sometimes. You can start with them as a newbie but on the long run you'll have to switch to a better host.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Julius2214(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nafizzey:
thank you. How much is their 1yr plan for beginners?
The first year is less than 3k, then you pay 8k consequently. 20gb space and unlimited bandwidth. I've been using them for more than a year now

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by deramarks(f): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
pryd:

Fair enough then, I was mainly concerned you might be creating a wrong impression.
First, I could offer you invites to some literary events and thereafter arrange a meet up between you and a writer/author IN A PUBLIC PLACE. The essence is for you to be provided with the basic orientation as stated earlier.
. Am interested pls drop ur contact
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
Julius2214:

The first year is less than 3k, then you pay 8k consequently. 20gb space and unlimited bandwidth. I've been using them for more than a year now
thank you. I hope they are very reliable/trusted and do not have much further hitches like sudden wiping out of your account.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by pryd(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
deramarks:
. Am interested pls drop ur contact
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Moz22: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:
sure. Pm me
pm not working, other means?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by thankgodegbedi(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
is dere any dff b/w .com and blogs.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.