Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? (19176 Views)

Step By Step On How To Start Your Own Blog With Blogger 2017 / Create Your Own Blog/business Website Today / How To Set Up Your Own Blog To Help You Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Nafizzey(m): 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Julius2214:

Why not namecheap
thank you. how's their service in a nutshell, their service charge for startup, reliability and also their pros and cons in relative to other websites from your experience with them?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by yollychika(f): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
Abeg nor add to da number of yeye bloggers wey dey already... We r tired
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Moz22:
pm not working, other means?
fb Rosy Omeje, just message me and I will add u
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by iamdtony: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
You need to be active on social Media, tv news programmes. Follow people you look forward to post about and make sure you always deliver interesting and true content. Mind you, stealing articles from fellow bloggers makes your blog less unique. So you can decide to make your content more original by blogging about things that are readily available. It might be fashion, or essays. Just be sure it's interesting. You need plenty time for this work. As a starter, you're sure Not to earn much so you also need to be a patient person. Try to deliver correct sentences so as to easily subscribe for google adsense. To begin. Right away, go onto blogger.com or to create an admin accont. Hope I'm making some sense. Lest I Forget, be sure to have a good design concept on your mind to attract more readers.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by MWTH(m): 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nicolars:
Hello pls I need great and intelligent bloggers to help me out.

I want to enter into this internet world proper by creating a blog of my own.

I don't really know what it costs or the processes needed, who I will go and meet or anything about it.

I will just like you to explain the necessary things I will need to open this blog, what blogging is all about itself, the materials that I must have and the range of the capital, do I have to go to some kind of training?

Am still a young boy(teenager infact) and I know if I start this and before I get into that adult age well enough I should be making cool cash from it.

And also what is the range of years I will haav to put into before it becomes popular.

Your advice is well appreciated. Thanx

To start a blog, your underatanding of the Niche you want to blog about is most important. Start with a good research, then create the platform n other necessary materials you will be needing from time to time. At this stage you will go on to package your blog for the ultimate part where you can start earning as much as you want. Then Releasing is your last stage. This stage gives you the needed traffic you want to drive to enable you to start making money even in your very first month of blogging. However, you must develop a passion for that niche such that you can blog easily. There materials you can get from a PLR platform in case you want to blog about a Niche you love but you lack knowledge about. Good luck
www.marketingwithtrumphills.com
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Rosemary216(f): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
Successdude:
A Java phone.
easy. Just go to ur settings den click mobile & Email.
Next u set up a mailing Address whr ur posts will be sent to. You should see something like the image below.
Replace do Myusername wit ur email. all you have to do is to add a name between the username and blogger.com
Like success dude.successdude@blogger.com
Den click on Publish Posts Automatically.
Afta dat u can now login to ur email with ur java Phone.
Go to compose nd create ur post, d subject shud b d post title. And d body wud b ur post. include the image u also want to use. Den send it to do secret mail you have already set up in ur blogger.
U hv 2 uncheck d box whr u hv "Include Quoted Text"
Then Send. Go to your blog and you should see it there.
That's how I did mine. Bt ur acct can easily be hacked thru dat email u created.
Sorry, my reply may look confusing cos Am sleep-typing. Anytin u dnt undastnd jst quote me.

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by hawksford: 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Rosemary216:
Nawa oooo. All dese ppl above me sef. Instead of droppin d ansa here una dey redirect d dude.
In summary, Simply go to or blogger.com whch eva 1 u want. U nid a google+ profile 4 blogger. Next u select d url u want 2 use eg nicolars . .com or nicolars .wordpress .com. D url has to b related 2 wateva u wil b bloggin abt. Den u select d template u lyk. Afta dat u can start makin posts. If u decide 2 remove d . or .wordpress den u hv 2 buy a domain nd redirect it.
Wen u are settled, u can start botherin urself abt SEO and odas.
That's how I started! U dnt need any special trainin! Its lyk creatin nd runnin a facebk acct.

Which do you think is more suitable WordPress or

And why??
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ib22003(m): 4:58am On Nov 10, 2015
if you want to get free hosting for your blog.
you can get free hosting at deflateurl.com
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Pelumih(m): 7:35am On Nov 10, 2015
Mayfrank:

less than 300#
pls how?

ayindepremier:
[b] My advice for newbies,
Do not blog because you saw ppl doing it, look at the problems in Nigeria Blogging Sphere, create your blog and post interesting and rich contents, And watch hiw you'll surely attract visitor.
blog for audience, do research extensively about your niche.
let your blog be users friendly.
wow,i like ur blog
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ayindepremier: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2015
Pelumih:
pls how?
wow,i like ur blog
you are welcome bro.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ayindepremier: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2015
For the newbies, I think the best blogging platform you can use is .
*Its 100% free
*It doesn't required much web development and programming knowledge.
and so on.
you can all view my blog, it's 100% powered by blogger, but I changed the outlook to what suits me.
and for those asking for how to blog with mobile phones, I used bloggerdroid, search and download it free from Google play.

you can mail me for any simple help because I am still learning the market. lol.

you can freely chat with me on http://www.nairainsider.com
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Goodnuel: 8:19am On Nov 10, 2015
ayindepremier:
For the newbies, I think the best blogging platform you can use is .
*Its 100% free
*It doesn't required much web development and programming knowledge.
and so on.
you can all view my blog, it's 100% powered by blogger, but I changed the outlook to what suits me.
and for those asking for how to blog with mobile phones, I used bloggerdroid, search and download it free from Google play.

you can mail me for any simple help because I am still learning the market. lol.

you can freely chat with me on http://www.nairainsider.com
Nice blog.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ayindepremier: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2015
Goodnuel:
Nice blog.
Thank You Sir.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Goodnuel: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2015
ayindepremier:

Thank You Sir.
Welcom sir..

Can you help me with some tips??
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ayindepremier: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2015
Goodnuel:
Welcom sir..
Can you help me with some tips??
it will be a great pleasure if its within my reach. sir
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2015
Pelumih:
pls how?
using a coupon code
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by cornelin(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2015
Rosemary216:
a lot of ways! Aside sellin adspaces, u can offer ur own services. For me I write reviews, create posts, customize images nd doin a lot of oda tins. It pays if u knw hw 2 go abt it. Adsense nd oda ads can also gv u sumtin.
P's add me to your blog whatsapp group
Thanks
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by GoodMuyis(m): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2015
Nicolars:

Ipaja, lagos

Then I cant help you much, am in Kaduna
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Goodnuel: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2015
ayindepremier:

it will be a great pleasure if its within my reach. sir
Thank You sir.

Pls,

*if someone uses blogger or WordPress, would he need to pay for hosting too??

* I have a domain already, but I don't want to build a classic site just yet, how do I use it with blogger or WordPress in way that my url doesn't appear as "mydomain@blogger.com??

Thanks
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by yogun(f): 11:48am On Nov 10, 2015
14teenK:
Nice comments from many boogers here ,think have learnt a few.....still what I don't understand is, how the money flows in....How is the money made ......Bloggers in the house we need answers ,noticed anytime someone pulls this question his been ignored .

So many errors, wrong use of words and lack of punctuation marks. Try to correct that before you start blogging

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Lvlink(f): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rosemary216:
Nawa oooo. All dese ppl above me sef. Instead of droppin d ansa here una dey redirect d dude.
In summary, Simply go to or blogger.com whch eva 1 u want. U nid a google+ profile 4 blogger. Next u select d url u want 2 use eg nicolars . .com or nicolars .wordpress .com. D url has to b related 2 wateva u wil b bloggin abt. Den u select d template u lyk. Afta dat u can start makin posts. If u decide 2 remove d . or .wordpress den u hv 2 buy a domain nd redirect it.
That's how I started! U dnt need any special trainin! Its lyk creatin nd runnin a facebk acct.
pls my dear, how can i upload a pics on my blog? I must confess, your explanation helped me alot, i followed it and right now i have created a blog. My problem now is how to upload a pics. Note: am using a Windows phone (Microsoft430) pls i need your help
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
Goodnuel:
Thank You sir.

Pls,

* I have a domain already, but I don't want to build a classic site just yet, how do I use it with blogger or WordPress in way that my url doesn't appear as "mydomain@blogger.com??

Thanks

It depends if you don't want to pay for free hosting then you'll have to use or
blogger.com.

Since you already have a domain all you have to do is link it to your blog using Cnames.

For Blogger, simply go to settings and add third party URL. enter your domain and you'll see your blog's cnames. Then edit it via your domain register dns manager.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by jammeyboy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
I truly make money on 1-9-90.com/signup/mrmo.
If u want to learn how to make money
Just as i have on my screenshot copy the link and start or to know more about it visit adcxpressandi..com u can reach me on 0 8 0 3 7 0 9 0 2 0 8

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ayindepremier: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Goodnuel:
Thank You sir.

Pls,

Thanks

okay,
*first of all, I'm a blogger addict, lol, I hardly pays attention to anything that would cost me money when I can it free. (although, not all free packages are worth it). as a newbie, I will advise u to pick blogger because of no cost of installation( or very very minimal) but on WordPress, you will need hosting, and if you are not conversant about it, u will have to pay web designers bucks to do that. blogger doesn't requires hosting but WordPress does. the lowest WP designer I hv come across charges 8k +.

*You can also easily use your own domain which u already have on blogger without much ado, I just verified my during d weekend, it takes less than 24 fr everything to be fully up.

I hope my reply satisfy ur questions. thank you.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by 9iceX(m): 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rosemary216:

Oh Sweetie, are you kidding me?
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Mayfrank(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
9iceX:

Oh Sweetie, are you kidding me?

Exactly... true professional blogging is more than running a Facebook account.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by yogun(f): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by qtx(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
yogun:

No big crime to aspire, so long as it comes with "works"
true talk. But its Linda that caused it all. grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by DollarsAndSense(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nicolars:
Hello pls I need great and intelligent bloggers to help me out.

I want to enter into this internet world proper by creating a blog of my own.

I don't really know what it costs or the processes needed, who I will go and meet or anything about it.

I will just like you to explain the necessary things I will need to open this blog, what blogging is all about itself, the materials that I must have and the range of the capital, do I have to go to some kind of training?

Am still a young boy(teenager infact) and I know if I start this and before I get into that adult age well enough I should be making cool cash from it.

And also what is the range of years I will haav to put into before it becomes popular.

Your advice is well appreciated. Thanx

Nicolars,

Before you even think of starting a blog, I would highly suggest you first think about what you want to discuss, show, and present on it. Your blog has to have a useful purpose for others. Successful blog owners make a TON of money. LifeHacker, Mashable, and The Huffington Post all started with a goal and an idea that was useful to others. All 3 of them make nearly $1,000,000 per year or more right now. They make their income through advertising, affiliate products / services, advertorials, reviews, (probably paid back-links, though don't quote me on that), and their own product.

I'll try to give you a practical list of things to consider and do:

1. Develop a useful or entertaining concept

2. Make lots of friends and tell people about your blog

3. MAKE SURE you have a way where your readers can register to your blog (you'll need a programmer for this 90% of the time, or you'll have to buy a script - I'll be talking about this more in-depth here: http://www.epicglobalweb.com soon)

4. Make your content share-ready for social networks (when you post on Facebook, for instance, post pictures and not just text - pictures are understood by the human brain 60,000 times faster than words)

5. Get good hosting - you can start yourself off with a hostgator account for 8-10 dollars per month (cheaper by the year). Keep in mind you'll eventually have to scale larger, especially if you plan on your database to handle profile pictures and other people posting video content.

6. Become a platform, meaning, solve problems for people and for businesses. An easy way to approach this is to make do-follow links in your website so that marketers from other businesses will want to contribute to your site in hopes of a decent back-link. This is basically social book-marking. Then your readers will benefit by useful content being available to them (so long as you moderate spam properly).

There are plenty of places you can go from here to gain traffic and earn money. You'll need to plan for security risks and people trying to hack your site for extortion, etc, but a good programmer and some solid planning can solve this for you.
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by Goodnuel: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
ayindepremier:

okay,
*first of all, I'm a blogger addict, lol, I hardly pays attention to anything that would cost me money when I can it free. (although, not all free packages are worth it). as a newbie, I will advise u to pick blogger because of no cost of installation( or very very minimal) but on WordPress, you will need hosting, and if you are not conversant about it, u will have to pay web designers bucks to do that. blogger doesn't requires hosting but WordPress does. the lowest WP designer I hv come across charges 8k +.

*You can also easily use your own domain which u already have on blogger without much ado, I just verified my during d weekend, it takes less than 24 fr everything to be fully up.

I hope my reply satisfy ur questions. thank you.
Yes.. thank you.

Lastly, can a BlackBerry Z10 function well??
Re: Please Help, What Do I Need To Start My Own Blog? by ayindepremier: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Goodnuel:
Yes.. thank you.

Lastly, can a BlackBerry Z10 function well??
I am not very sure of that, but I use Xperia, and I used three different browsers. I also use my laptop.

for all android users, you can install bloggerdroid, its very efficient, and also, blogaway.

so, Goodnuel, I will advise u to get hands on a laptop, or use powerful browsers like chrome or Firefox, but their data consumption rate is very high.

but, android can be more simplified for blogging to me.

30% of my web contents were uploaded through bloggerdroid and its error free!

I am sorry if u find errors in my txts ryt nw, I am already on bed with one eye close! shut till tmrw.
happy blogging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other) / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.