Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,745 members, 7,851,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70868 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2009
Oya Dayo,
Tell us about Hitzlsperger's current form!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2009
The only thing Hammer has for going for him is his shots.

He is average defensively and below average is attacking short passes. Dont get it wrong he would be a great improvement over the likes of Diaby.

He could only play the Ballack role for Germany but he is wayyyyy too limited and unintelligent, His shots aint as good as Frings and always too predictable

He enjoys the intteligence of Khedira behind him in stuttgart.

I think Simon Rolfes, Sami Khedira have a better chance in the german Team than Hitzlsperger.

Another point He is a top man in Stuttgart in a world cup year he would not leave Germany and risk his world cup position
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2009
I have to say this again. . . . Myles P is an idiot! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:59pm On Jun 16, 2009
dayokanu:

The only thing Hammer has for going for him is his shots.

He is average defensively and below average is attacking short passes. Dont get it wrong he would be a great improvement over the likes of Diaby.

He could only play the Ballack role for Germany but he is wayyyyy too limited and unintelligent, His shots aint as good as Frings and always too predictable

He enjoys the intteligence of Khedira behind him in stuttgart.

I think Simon Rolfes, Sami Khedira have a better chance in the german Team than Hitzlsperger.

Another point He is a top man in Stuttgart in a world cup year he would not leave Germany and risk his world cup position

Chei Dayo nor even fit spell intelligence! grin grin grin

Anyways, dig aside - does Khedira play as a creative/defensive midfielder? If it's intelligence he lacks, we have enough of that at Arsenal to make him shine as well.

Besides, if he costs only £5m, any improvement over Diaby would be highly welcome. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2009
Na lie. I dont agree that he is better than Diaby.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2009
dayokanu:

Sharon is the forum retard

And Dayokanu is the biggest ninny of the forum.
Lil wonder you couldn't spell "intelligence".
Half-baked graduate!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

Na lie. I dont agree that he is better than Diaby.

He must be - he's consistently playing for his club (so he doesn't get injured every 3 games like Diaby) and has won a title (which Diaby hasn't) as well as scoring decisive goals and becoming club captain (which Diaby can only dream about).

The only thing I can imagine right now is that Diaby has bigger lips than him. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2009
Hitzlsperger, the son of a Bavarian farmer,

grew up alongside his five brothers and one sister.

In August 2000 he joined Aston Villa on a free transfer from the Bayern Munich Junior Team.

He had a short trial period with Celtic after leaving Bayern Munich, but he opted to join Aston Villa.

He made his Aston Villa debut in a 3–0 home defeat to Liverpool on 13 January 2001; it was his only appearance during his first season in England.

Hitzlsperger gained the nickname 'der Hammer' ('the hammer') during his time at Villa Park, due to his powerful left-foot shot from long-range.

He scored 6goals in 41App. last season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2009
debosky:

He must be - he's consistently playing for his club (so he doesn't get injured every 3 games like Diaby) and has won a title (which Diaby hasn't) as well as scoring decisive goals and becoming club captain (which Diaby can only dream about).

The only thing I can imagine right now is that Diaby has bigger lips than him. grin grin

Diaby would play every week for Stuttgart. Shikena!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

And send them into the second division in the process. grin grin

PS - Remember Diaby's longest fitness run is 4 games in a row, so unless he would play on crutches, how on earth would he play every week for any club? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

lol. . . . . when did you turn sauron?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2009
BRASHY:

Emmanuel Eboue concedes he may leave Arsenal after revealing that he is unhappy at the Emirates.
The Ivory Coast international, 26, told France Football he is unsettled by his lack of regular first-team action.
He said: "It would be hard but I think it would be harder to experience another season like this one.
"In any case, if I leave Arsenal it would be for another league because it is out of the question that I develop elsewhere in England."
Eboue moved to Arsenal from Beveren in January 2005 and became a first-team regular in the second half of the following season.
However, inconsistent form resulted in him being overtaken by Bacary Sagna and Theo Walcott in the pecking order.
He was booed by the Gunners fans back in December after coming off the bench against Wigan and was himself substituted

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8103317.stm

EBOUE FUC.K RIGHT OFF!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2009
Eboue ain't going nowhere - he can whine all he wants. When he stops diving, learns to shoot and stops slapping opponents then I'll take him seriously.

Wenger has signed him till retirement. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2009
debosky:

Eboue ain't going nowhere - he can whine all he wants. When he stops diving, learns to shoot and stops slapping opponents then I'll take him seriously.

No way, he must go! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2009
khanye:

lol. . . . . when did you turn sauron?

Are u an idiot?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 4:26pm On Jun 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are u an idiot?

Easy bro . . tongue grin grin

Eboue should go if he wants abeg . . .

BTW - we are all screaming "A WORLD CLASS DM" - who exactly do you think a world class DM is? - name the players you think are currently world class DMs that AW could buy?

for me . . .i think think Song or Nasri will play that role next season . . if at all AW will buy . .its gonna be 1 CB, 1 FW and that's all. . .or maybe 3 U-15s

Cheers Fella
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:35pm On Jun 16, 2009
Arsenal FC will sack Wenger if he sells Eboue!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are u an idiot?

Sharon will you shut the fuc.k up or get out of the ARSENAL thread! tongue

We know you dont like anything German since you choked on a frankfurter as a  youngster! grin

So why take it out on the dude? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

Sharon will you shut the fuc.k up or get out of the ARSENAL thread! tongue
We know you dont like anything German since you choked on a frankfurter as a  youngster! grin

I hate Germans.
One of me lecturers in school was German and he was a disgusting piece of flesh. . . . . .
Besides, Khanye pisses me off each time he mentions me name unnecessarily.

Brashy, didn't u fellate on a Frenchie as a kid?
I met a dude that knows you in North London.
U are in trouble.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

Arsenal FC will sack Wenger if he sells Eboue!!!

GBAM!!!

Eboue is ARSENAL!!!  grin grin

allboyz:

BTW - we are all screaming "A WORLD CLASS DM" - who exactly do you think a world class DM is? - name the players you think are currently world class DMs that AW could buy?

for me . . .i think think Song or Nasri will play that role next season . . if at all AW will buy . .its gonna be 1 CB, 1 FW and that's all. . .or maybe 3 U-15s  

Cheers Fella

The player doesn't have to be 'world class' - that term is loosely bandied about. We simply need someone who has played >2 years in that role with excellent performance/ability.

Players like Senna, Yaya T, Xabi Alonso - people on that level of quality. Even if they haven't had as much experience/success, their ability levels must be comparable.

Now given most of the above names aren't available, we can seek out a few others - Veloso, Cana (a bit on the rough side), Makoun, Toulalan, Inler (who we bid for last season) amongst others.

Most importantly, Arsenal needs to show desire in the transfer window - we often act like 'if we get you it's ok, if we don't it's ok'. We need to be 'we want you and we will get you' - do the deals that matter and not give up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2009
Hiltzper wetin ?

that piece of shyte ?  undecided

he was one of the worst players at the last Euro cup . . . playing like a headless fowl  shocked

no please !

even his shots wont come good as he would be indoctrinated into our style of pass, pass and pass  grin remember Rosicky ? same reason why y'all would be surprised Obagoal would be pace-less if he dares come to Arsenal . . . ARSENAL IS A CULT  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

Hiltzper wetin ?

that piece of shyte ?  undecided

he was one of the worst players at the last Euro cup . . . playing like a headless fowl  shocked

no please !

even his shots wont come good as he would be indoctrinated into our style of pass, pass and pass  grin remember Rosicky ? same reason why y'all would be surprised Obagoal would be pace-less if he dares come to Arsenal . . . ARSENAL IS A CULT  grin

Sharrap Kit. tongue Rozzi was still scoring screamers - it's injuries that caused his problems. tongue

How come Walcott didn't become paceless? Na wa for you sef. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2009
debosky:

GBAM!!!
Eboue is ARSENAL!!!  grin grin

No Eboue is not bigger than ARSENAL
We dont want him at Arsenal anymore

ALL WE ARE SAYING, GET OUT EBOUE!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
@dOBOSKY

ur bunkumery levels never come adulterated  cry

dont be foolish . . . how many screamers did Rozzi score in all ? this, as compared to where he was coming from and his pedigree ? injuries my foot  tongue

and why are u even talking about Walcott that plays like Pius Ikedia the primary school footie way, running faster than the ball . . .and why compare him with Martins thats celebrating 30 years in some months from now  grin  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2009
debosky:

Players like Senna, Yaya T, Xabi Alonso - people on that level of quality. Even if they haven't had as much experience/success, their ability levels must be comparable.

I thought you said you were looking for DMs with pace. . . . what pace do Alonso and Senna have to speak of?. . . . even Yaya Toure, whilst fast once he gets going is not a high energy presser of the ball like Flamini. . . . Arsenal should send out delegates to Milan to go and beg Flamini to come back  grin

I also implore you to stop taking any notice of Myles P. . . . how can a man with such limited knowledge of European footie inform your opinions on potential Arsenal targets?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2009
khanye:

Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna: I Couldn’t Say No To Real Madrid
@ Khanye,
I was talking about Bacary denying the story tomorrow.
Dude refuted it immediately!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/sagna-i-m-100-per-cent-committed-to-arsenal

this  DM issue is overrated.
I wish AW would just buy one and let's see if it would solve all the problem Arsenal FC have.
Really i blame a certain Mr Claude Makalele
He was such a gem in the position that  every DM is compared with the great one grin grin grin
Not indirectly saying we don't need one,but I am tired of us being linked with every available DM in the world.
BTW, who is the DM for Bayelsa United?
He may be needed at Ashburton Grove wink grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

I thought you said you were looking for DMs with pace. . . . what pace do Alonso and Senna have to speak of?. . . . even Yaya Toure, whilst fast once he gets going is not a high energy presser of the ball like Flamini. . . . Arsenal should send out delegates to Milan to go and beg Flamini to come back  grin

Arsenal is bigger than a gazillion of Flamini, so we wont do that! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2009
HNIC:

BTW, who is the DM for Bayelsa United?
He may be needed at Ashburton Grove wink grin

Unfortunately he was shot dead 3 days ago. . . . macabre jokes are in bad taste considering the fate that befell the young man. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2009
and back to u Debosky . . .

do u see whats happening with our players and talks of their leaving or of their agents asking for more ?

initially u said it was Ade gobbing too much, what have u go to say about these talks of Eboue, Sagna, RVP, Cesc and Arshavin . . .THEY HAVE AL BEEN IN THE NEWS RECENTLY BUT IF TIT WERE TO BE ADE, WE NO GO HEAR WORD  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

I thought you said you were looking for DMs with pace. . . . what pace do Alonso and Senna have to speak of?. . . .
Pace is a desirable trait, but not the only factor - if they bring other attributes to the table they will be considered.

even Yaya Toure, whilst fast once he gets going is not a high energy presser of the ball like Flamini. . . . Arsenal should send out delegates to Milan to go and beg Flamini to come back  grin
Flamini is a lost cause - he'd rather warm the bench at AC than play for Arsenal, so I wish him well.

I also implore you to stop taking any notice of Myles P. . . . how can a man with such limited knowledge of European footie inform your opinions on potential Arsenal targets?
He didn't inform my opinion - I posted his comments and solicited more since I personally don't know much about the Hitzlsperger fellow.

There are many things I disagree with Myles about, but I do like his passionate, off the cuff style.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2009
Myles P ko, Kilometeres Square ni  grin

I have always said, that guy is a disgrace to Arsenaldom . . .and to think that Debosky doesnt see anthing wrong with his appaling style defies reasonable logic  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

Unfortunately he was shot dead 3 days ago. . . . macabre jokes are in bad taste considering the fate that befell the young man. . . .

oops, I didnt know the guy was a DM.
So sorry!

Really, we should sign a DM and move on.
Flamster
No way
I would rather Paddy make a return to north London tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.