Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration (19701 Views)

Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn / Dim-Udebuani Marcel Sues Buhari Over ‘Lopsided Appointments’ / Kabir Akingbolu: Lawyer Sues Buhari Over Failure To Tackle Fuel Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by cathodekazim: 6:33am On Nov 03, 2015
Group sues Buhari, seeks to halt ministers’ inauguration

Nigerian youths under the aegis of Youth Concerns Realisation Initiative have filed a suit seeking to stop President Muhammadu Buhari from inaugurating the 36 recently-cleared ministers.

The members of the group are protesting against the non-inclusion of youths among the ministers-designate.

Media officer of the initiative, Ms. Blessing Luka, who spoke on behalf of the group at a press briefing in Abuja, on Monday, said it was now clear that the administration has no intention of giving Nigerian youths a chance.

She expressed regret that politicians across party lines had formed the habit of using youths during elections and dumping them afterwards.

She said, “We at YCRI have filed an action in suit No FHC/ABJ/773/2015. We expected to see youths among the President’s 36 nominees sent to the Senate but we were disappointed to see no youth in the list.

“For this reason, we have gone to court to ask for an injunction to restrain the President from inaugurating them until they give the youths a sense of belonging.

“This matter was filed on Friday October 30, 2015. What we are simply asking is that they (ministers-designate) should not be inaugurated or assigned portfolios.”

Luka stressed that it would be a total disservice to the nation for youths who formed the bulk of Nigeria’s population to be left out of the decision-making process.

According to her, Nigerians youths had restrained themselves from resorting to self-help, hence their decision to seek legal redress.

http://punchng.com/2015/11/3385

8 Likes

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by 175(m): 6:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Lolz! This is serious!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Young03(m): 6:40am On Nov 03, 2015
am still watching the drama o
Jonathan must hear this

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by lifezone247(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2015
This movie part one no go sweet, waiting for the part 2.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Firefire(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Non-inclusion of youths among the ministers-designate

Are you people not aware that APC is a party for the aged ? cheesy

I pity the people still expecting change from the overspent and over rotated politicians.

Picture below speaks volume, but una no gree open una eyes.

The guys below me are irredeemable, please ignore them. grin

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by HungerBAD: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2015
The GUY Above me?why are you still blind?even "Stevie Wonder" can see clearly the changes we have now.

So i Googled "Youth Concerns Realisation Initiative" and found no hit.

I checked the C.A.C Website for "Youth Concerns Realisation Initiative" and found no hit.

Another Kangaroo Organization seeking relevance.

In Dimka's Voice" This will die a Natural Death"

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by DATAGlNGLES: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Clowns everywhere, Nigeria is a joke abeg!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Burger01(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Jobless groupsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by kulobyno: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Why did this attention seeking group forget to sue the senate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by ladyF(f): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2015
Lol they should chanel their energy somewhere else. But is there a minimum age restriction for ministers too? I'm also tired of all these technophobic old men from the stone age in the change team, we need savvy individuals...Osibanjo for example...VP toh badt

#My#Opinion grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Horlawale1(m): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2015
They try sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by hensben(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Foul play
Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by tommykiwi(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Una get time oh!!!

1 Like

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Stephansmily(f): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2015
As my guy Barcanista said, the youths ain't ready to rule yet..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by kennyman2000(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2015
We're watching!
Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by iambabaG: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2015
Dis is an unrecognized nd unregistered group.. All dis silly youths seeking relevance shuld know gone r d days wen d presidency will shut dem up wit brown envelopes. Wen una tire, una go read una book; make yourselves into people of substance wit something to offer nd den u will be called. Wailing wailers oshi #5 una no go see!!

5 Likes

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by ritababe(f): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Nice move ( even if i know e no go reach anywhere).
The way buhari shun the youth is beyond mention, and na we put am there oh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2015
There is need to face the real issues like the Ministers delivering on the task ahead
Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by AWONEYAN(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Attention seeking over aged spinster called Ms. Blessing Luka.....LINDA Ikeji is putting her life into good use, you are here crying to eat where you do not sow.

the real youth(debola willams and co) who are instrumental to PMB succes are not complaining. abeg pack well jor.
Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Damalex4luv(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2015
Nah Biafra group
Note: Spokesperson of the group is Ms Blessing Biafra Luka undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by nikkiking(m): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Eeeyah who stand for them

1 Like

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 03, 2015
Sue that mai gworo
Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by Akosxxx(m): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2015
i dont even need to read the read the article to know that they are wasting their time.

QUOTE ME: only a fool will think one group can stop PMB frm swearing in his ministers

1 Like

Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by kennyddonn(m): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2015
rubbish
Re: Group Sues Buhari, Seeks To Halt Ministers' Inauguration by koladebrainiac(m): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2015
please is suing that cheap i need to sue my company human resources management . their mode of employing staff is bias.

please !!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court / Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos / Pay Omo-agege His Entitlements Or Appear In Court, Judge Warns Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.