Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (173475 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 5:55am On Mar 06, 2016
spyder880:
I will be taking a break from building this house, to save more money and continue, maybe later in the year. Thank you guys for coming around to encourage me as I did this, we shall surely return to work on this house, to do the finish works. God bless you all.

Welcome to my house, cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Beautiful and Nice, besides, how much have you spent so far on this project up till this stage roofing & plastering inclusive cool
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:08am On Mar 06, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Beautiful and Nice, besides, how much have you spent so far on this project up till this stage roofing & plastering inclusive cool

The cost still remains N7,255,991.00 for everything, stopping at the completion of the roof.

I am still calculating the plastering costs, I will update that as soon as I can. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2016
spyder880:

The cost still remains N7,255,991.00 for everything, stopping at the completion of the roof.

I am still calculating the plastering costs, I will update that as soon as I can. Thanks.
....Ok cool
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Mayor78: 9:52am On Mar 06, 2016
Nwunne, roof nkenu wuyaooo!!! Ibu Odogwu karaka na Nome Nara Unateze. Ana Nome gbagi gi ume nwunne m.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 44chux(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Some of us non architects that hires architects do have a brain and we know what we want as consumers.

I have direct access from garage into my house and next to my kitchen because that's what I want and what I'm exposed to for the past 30 years.

Any reasonable architect will listen to the client and work with the client and not become an overlord on the project.

For most experienced home-owners such as you, it should be 100% about ur choice. But for first timers, its usually about style and practicality based on professional recommendations, and not to 4get, uniqueness for the youth.

As with bidding, every architect must show how s/he would improve on an existing design otherwise they won't get the job.
Remember: 1. There are no perfect designs only preferable options. 2. Even renowned architects & engrs commit blunders (e.g. The Citigroup Center 601 Lexington Avenue)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
44chux:

For most experienced home-owners such as you, it should be 100% about ur choice. But for first timers, its usually about style and practicality based on professional recommendations, and not to 4get, uniqueness for the youth.

As with bidding, every architect must show how s/he would improve on an existing design otherwise they won't get the job.
Remember: 1. There are no perfect designs only preferable options. 2. Even renowned architects & engrs commit blunders (e.g. The Citigroup Center 601 Lexington Avenue)

I agree completely, it should be a partnership.

I just adore most of the buildings from Frank Lloyd Wright, especially the low laying bungalows, I would love to recreate one of his buildings in Nigeria. It will be totally impractical for Nigeria from an architectural standpoint but a masterpiece to my eyes as a consumer.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 44chux(m): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I agree completely, it should be a partnership.

I just adore most of the buildings from Frank Lloyd Wright, especially the low laying bungalows, I would love to recreate one of his buildings in Nigeria. It will be totally impractical for Nigeria from an architectural standpoint but a masterpiece to my eyes as a consumer.

Everything is possible AT A PRICE
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Joebaz4real: 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello @Syder880, I must confess your thread on building has really been helpful for most of us who would have really fallen to dubious builders and workmen. I want to thank you very much for the initiative and very professional presentation. Please I need your help on accessing a quotation that i see very outrageous. I am currently in my parapet level in my house, and i am building something similar to what @vitodorado did, just with some difference and a bit bigger and my site is also in Benin.

Two Iron Bender have given me a quotation for the parapet as follows.

95 pcs of 12mm rod @1200 = 114,000
110 pcs of 10mm rod @1000 = 110,000
25 pcs of 1/4 rod @300 = 7500
1 bundle Binding wire = 5000
Labour = 70,000

Total = 306,500

Second one

90 pcs of 12mm rod @1150 = 103,500
170 pcs of 10mm rod @1000 = 170,000
40 pcs of 1/4 rod @300 = 12,000
1 bundle Binding wire = 3000
Labour = 50,000

Total = 338,500

The second guy says we can cut cost and but it will still fall in the rage of 300,000.

When i compare this quote with @Vitodorado it means i will almost spend 2 times his cost on rods, but my carpenter gave me almost similar quotes as his as regards the parapet job. So what is you opinion on the quotes.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Juokorow(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
spyder880:
The side, please note that the frontal block columns were left un-plastered for a reason, so we can do some stone works design on it..........
Nna, I have been following your various projects since last year. Congrats on your great work; thanks for all the lessons. I live abroad and have engaged an architect in Enugu to design a duplex to be built at my ancestral compound at Obe (along 4-Corners to Agbani Rd). As part of my design input, I need to indicate the dimensions of the single, double and decorative-fixed Windows. I am torn between this our new Nkanu house and the ones used on the "Port Harcourt Mansion"below:
https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/2981591_20150902234537_jpeg041a0abfe6aadee5bebec69582308f6c

Would you be kind enough to tell me the dimensions of the Windows for the P.H. Mansion (including the tall decorative front window)and our ongoing "Spyder-Nkanu Mansion"?
Keep up the blessed work.
Joel

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Samsamjaja: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
[quote author=Samsamjaja post=40420313]pls Mr Spyder, I have derived a lot of inspirations from you by following this tread. pls kindly post the number of bags of cement,trips of sand and gravel and also irons of different sizes expended on this decking. your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Samsamjaja: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
OGA SPYDER, YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO THIS QUESTION OF MINE. PLS HELP ME. I DESPERATELY NEED AN ANSWER. IT WILL HELP ME A LOT IN MAKING MY PROJECTIONS . THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
Impressive!@ oga spyder can you still remember the no. Of pillars you have? And the beams if possible.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Shawls: 1:06am On Mar 08, 2016
@Egunmogaji

Thanks adanny01

It's about time someone puts this guy where he belongs with his grandios delusions.I have read almost every response he made to people's post.Most,if not all, are very insulting and rude with arrogant tone.Who the heck are you than an ordinary hospital IT.Your take home at the most cannot be more than $80k/annum, that is if you get that much.
By the way,I have been living in the USA for more than 2 decades and a professional who makes $?,000k/annum.I go to 9ja at least 3 times a year.I am a proud professional Nigerian without the colonial mentality of your likes.
There are so many of us in diaspora that are very very comfortable, but we don't come to NL to blow our trumpets and we have properties worthy to be proud of in 9ja.
All you've done so far is struggle with erecting a 2bedroom garage yet you are all over property section insulting almost every one who wants to sell land, an architect, anyone with ideas suitable for the climatic condition of our country, etc.
Man, get off your horse ride and stop this nonsense.
Empty barels they say make the most noise.You remind me of a guy who claimed to be a reknown architect in USA and was so full of himself and was always boastful and insulting people on NL that Nigerian mentality doesn't jive with his architectural design bla bla bla. He later came on NL soliciting for joint venture capital investment for a project in 9ja.This is a guy who claimed to have designed homes for celebrities in the US.Go figure.He's no where to be found on NL now.
I have no time to waste, so don't expect any response from me.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 2:44am On Mar 08, 2016
Shawls:
@Egunmogaji

Thanks adanny01

It's about time someone puts this guy where he belongs

"..lots of painment snipped...."

Unfortunately it's none of you guys. You simply don't have what it takes grin

But I do appreciate the novel you wrote though, it gives insight to a wounded soul but unfortunately it got absolutely boring cheesy
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:33am On Mar 08, 2016
Juokorow:

Nna, I have been following your various projects since last year. Congrats on your great work; thanks for all the lessons. I live abroad and have engaged an architect in Enugu to design a duplex to be built at my ancestral compound at Obe (along 4-Corners to Agbani Rd). As part of my design input, I need to indicate the dimensions of the single, double and decorative-fixed Windows. I am torn between this our new Nkanu house and the ones used on the "Port Harcourt Mansion"below:
https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/2981591_20150902234537_jpeg041a0abfe6aadee5bebec69582308f6c

Would you be kind enough to tell me the dimensions of the Windows for the P.H. Mansion (including the tall decorative front window)and our ongoing "Spyder-Nkanu Mansion"?
Keep up the blessed work.
Joel

The width of that long frontal window in the PH castle is 1500mm.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=Samsamjaja post=43567896][/quote]

Hello Samsamjaja,

It may be a little difficult to list everything accurately as many materials came from the remnants from the last stage. I think this list will do for the decking;

1. sand 5 trips
2. gravel 6 trips
3. 16mm 50 lengths
4. 12mm 240 lengths
5. 8mm 40 lengths
6. binding wire 1 roll
7. 1x12x12 wood 210
8. 1x6x12 wood 30
9. 2x3x12 wood 150
10. Bamboo 250

Cheers..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Mar 08, 2016
Nbg4real:
Impressive!@ oga spyder can you still remember the no. Of pillars you have? And the beams if possible.

I will look at the building plans when I return to Enugu.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by adanny01(m): 9:06am On Mar 08, 2016
EgunMogaji:

But I do appreciate the novel you wrote though, it gives insight to a wounded soul but unfortunately it got absolutely boring cheesy

Atleast he has a soul, do you?

They say age comes with a lot of good things that most of us desire but yours came with something strange. You insult like a 10yr old, reason like a 16yr old with a taste in cars like an 80yr old and love bikes like a 20yr old Charlie boy wanna be, bandana tying 60+ retiree with multiple identity disorder.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Mayor78: 9:52am On Mar 08, 2016
spyder880:

Hello Samsamjaja,

It may be a little difficult to list everything accurately as many materials came from the remnants from the last stage. I think this list will do for the decking;

1. sand 5 trips
2. gravel 6 trips
3. 16mm 50 lengths
4. 12mm 240 lengths
5. 8mm 40 lengths

6. binding wire 1 roll
7. 1x12x12 wood 210
8. 1x6x12 wood 30
9. 2x3x12 wood 150
10. Bamboo 250

Cheers..........

Chei Prof.! Was that the amount of rods you used for your decking?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Joebaz4real: 11:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Oga Spyder i was waiting for your reply but its like you pass my own grin Abeg i need your opinion ooo, because when i say the amount of rod you use in you decking is even less than quote i got for parapet.. I need your help ooooo

Joebaz4real:
Hello @Syder880, I must confess your thread on building has really been helpful for most of us who would have really fallen to dubious builders and workmen. I want to thank you very much for the initiative and very professional presentation. Please I need your help on accessing a quotation that i see very outrageous. I am currently in my parapet level in my house, and i am building something similar to what @vitodorado did, just with some difference and a bit bigger and my site is also in Benin.

Two Iron Bender have given me a quotation for the parapet as follows.

95 pcs of 12mm rod @1200 = 114,000
110 pcs of 10mm rod @1000 = 110,000
25 pcs of 1/4 rod @300 = 7500
1 bundle Binding wire = 5000
Labour = 70,000

Total = 306,500

Second one

90 pcs of 12mm rod @1150 = 103,500
170 pcs of 10mm rod @1000 = 170,000
40 pcs of 1/4 rod @300 = 12,000
1 bundle Binding wire = 3000
Labour = 50,000

Total = 338,500

The second guy says we can cut cost and but it will still fall in the rage of 300,000.

When i compare this quote with @Vitodorado it means i will almost spend 2 times his cost on rods, but my carpenter gave me almost similar quotes as his as regards the parapet job. So what is you opinion on the quotes.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
adanny01:

Atleast he has a soul, do you?

They say age comes with a lot of good things that most of us desire but yours came with something strange. You insult like a 10yr old, reason like a 16yr old with a taste in cars like an 80yr old and love bikes like a 20yr old Charlie boy wanna be, bandana tying 60+ retiree with multiple identity disorder.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
spyder880:

I will look at the building plans when I return to Enugu.
thank you sir i am expecting

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by dejavus: 12:27am On Mar 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The empty barrel makes the loudest noise.

I wasn't really ready to take up issue with you but now seeing the trend, I can accurate describe you as someone suffering from self-grandeur.

I am sorry for people around you if you can so rude to people you have never met before, I hope you just happen to leave in Ibadan though, because indigenous people from Ibadan are exactly the opposite of what you present yourself as.

Also quoting Frank Lloyd Wright..... talking impractical, yet want to import the foreign style at all cost so everyone knows the you are the Sandlapper ....

You are what they call an Oxymoron.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by theV0ice: 1:15am On Mar 09, 2016
Hmmmm....

very nice thread to park my bicycle.

Weldone Dr spyder

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 09, 2016
dejavus:

The empty barrel makes the loudest noise.

I wasn't really ready to take up issue with you but now seeing the trend, I can accurate describe you as someone suffering from self-grandeur.

I am sorry for people around you if you can so rude to people you have never met before, I hope you just happen to leave in Ibadan though, because indigenous people from Ibadan are exactly the opposite of what you present yourself as.

Also quoting Frank Lloyd Wright..... talking impractical, yet want to import the foreign style at all cost so everyone knows the you are the Sandlapper ....

You are what they call an Oxymoron.

Thank you for the compliments, hope you feel better now grin

Have a nice evening wink
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Interchange: 6:13am On Mar 09, 2016
LeXiRossI:
Apologies! Its at owode egba, very close to Ofada, and about 10minutes drive from Mowe.
Owode Egba is actually about 25 to 30 mins from Mowe. I live at Omu Junction which is 5 mins from Ofada. With the new road now, it's 10 mins to Mowe from Ofada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by pss: 7:48am On Mar 09, 2016
Please what is the average cost of plastering in and out of a duplex (3 bedroom) joined with 2 unit of 3 bedroom flat?
I was billed 1.5m
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Samsamjaja: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
spyder880:

Hello Samsamjaja,

1. sand 5 trips
2. gravel 6 trips
3. 16mm 50 lengths
4. 12mm 240 lengths
5. 8mm 40 lengths
6. binding wire 1 roll
7. 1x12x12 wood 210
8. 1x6x12 wood 30
9. 2x3x12 wood 150
10. Bamboo 250

Cheers..........

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Samsamjaja: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
Thanks soo much for the response Mr Spyder. I feel highly privileged to have an answer to this question. I really appreciate. but it seems number of bags of cement is missing
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by pss: 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please what is the average cost of plastering in and out of a duplex (3 bedroom) joined with 2 unit of 3 bedroom flat?
I was billed 1.5m
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by aao: 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
My oga, good day to you. Great project you got going. Can you please let us know how much the plastering (so far) has gulped, both in and out. Just an idea is neededif you have not completed your calculation as of yet. Thanks in advance
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by aao: 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
My oga, good day to you. Great project you got going. Can you please let us know how much the plastering (so far) has gulped, both in and out. Just an idea is needed if you have not completed your calculation as of yet. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.