Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (172946 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nbg4real:
@ Mr. Spyder, pls did your building plan included structural drawing ? Or you point out the structures on your own since you are an expact.
Secondly some days ago i asked the no. of your pillars and beams, may be you forgot. My building plan is similar to yours and i think your respons to my question will help me alot. I appreciate your usual aid thank you.

I think there should be about 22 pillars on this house, sorry for my late response.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Chalaji080: 2:27am On Mar 29, 2016
Pls what is the current prices of these building materials in enugu?

1. 150mm×450mm solid block
2. Washed gravel
3. Sharp river sand
4. 12mm high yield rod
5. 8mm high yield rod
6. Binding wire
7. 25×300×3600 sawmill plank
8. 25×150×3600 sawmill plank
9. 50×75×3600 purlin
10. 3" nite metal nail
11. 2" nite metal nail
12. Cement
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by djchukwy(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mr spy, I have actually gone through this post and believe me it has been helpful from the start. But I have a question, how do you manage to fill your foundation trench with laterite? I didn't see the budget, number of trips as well as the cost. how far Bamboo and Labour for scaffolding? Please address. Thank you
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by princechigzy(m): 10:46am On Mar 30, 2016
I have learnt a lot from your construction process and costing. At N7.8mil, a 5bedroom duplex is built up to carcass level with plastering which pretty amazing and low-budget I must say.

Am working on a 6bedroom Maison (Because the rooms and kitchen are extra-large) will probably cost N9mil as built up to your current stage: Completely roofed and plastered.

Thanks for showing us 'HOW'

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 4:08am On Mar 31, 2016
djchukwy:
Mr spy, I have actually gone through this post and believe me it has been helpful from the start. But I have a question, how do you manage to fill your foundation trench with laterite? I didn't see the budget, number of trips as well as the cost. how far Bamboo and Labour for scaffolding? Please address. Thank you

I had a well dug on site, very deep well of more than 40ft. I used the sand to fill most part of the foundation, the rest I did with the trips of sharp sand in the site.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by djchukwy(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
spyder880:

I had a well dug on site, very deep well of more than 40ft. I used the sand to fill most part of the foundation, the rest I did with the trips of sharp sand in the site.

Perfect
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whyteboyz03(m): 9:17am On Apr 04, 2016
Good morning everyone. I need an architect to give me a good 8 units of 2 bedroom flats on a plot of land ( 100x50 )
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by joshua112: 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
whyteboyz03:
Good morning everyone. I need an architect to give me a good 8 units of 2 bedroom flats on a plot of land ( 100x50 )
mr whyte you can contact me on 08031332857 im an architect /building contractor. thanks if you send me your email add I can send to you some of my works. bb pin 2C14767C
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whyteboyz03(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
joshua112:
mr whyte you can contact me on 08031332857 im an architect /building contractor. thanks if you send me your email add I can send to you some of my works. bb pin 2C14767C

My email is whyteboyz03@yahoo.com.
What info do u need to start the plan and how much will it cost? I'd also need a BOQ
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whyteboyz03(m): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
1st day on site

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by sonnie10: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
whyteboyz03:
1st day on site

Bros, how far is the high tension wire in the picture away from your building site?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whyteboyz03(m): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
sonnie10:

Bros, how far is the high tension wire in the picture away from your building site?

About 5 plots away
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by theV0ice: 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
whyteboyz03:

About 5 plots away

Oga sir, pls are you an alternate moniker of spyder880 or are the pictures you posted from the same project he's uploading here?

Pls if it's not, I think it'll be appropriate you open a fresh thread for yours so as not to distort the flow of the original intent of this thread.

apologies if i have taken too much liberties to talk.

Thanks for understanding.

cc:spyder880

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whyteboyz03(m): 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
theV0ice:

Oga sir, pls are you an alternate moniker of spyder880 or are the pictures you posted from the same project he's uploading here?

Pls if it's not, I think it'll be appropriate you open a fresh thread for yours so as not to distort the flow of the original intent of this thread.

Mr VOice I understand u pretty well . the pics are here for oga Spyder to correct any mistakes or give an advice.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by theV0ice: 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
^^^ Ok then bro @whyteboyz03. sorry for interfering

cheers
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by whyteboyz03(m): 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
[quote author=theV0ice post=44442414]^^^ Ok then bro @whyteboyz03. sorry for interfering

cheers[/quo

Thanks bro and you weren't interfering . in fact , boss Spyder may not like it
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by theV0ice: 11:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
^^^ ok bro. No wahala wink
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by sonnie10: 2:59am On Apr 06, 2016
theV0ice:

I disagree with your premise. Isn't it the more, the merrier? The thread has been put on hold for a while now, so we need people like @whyteboyz03 to keep it alive. On the contrary, his action will bring more traffic to the thread. People prefer a thread that is interactive and engaging with vast ideas to threads with few ideas. Again, discourse in blog is dynamic, it could go to areas that were never expected from onset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2016
post=43837935:

It should not cost more than N450k with labour. (terms and conditions applies) Thickness, materials used, mixing method and ratio, etc.

Thank you EgunMogaji, 4nobody$everybody.

Pls Spyder my Man whats the best Thickness , mixing method and ratio for (1.)A german floor(No reinforcement- very solid clay soil), (2.)DECKING and (3.) 22 pillars of a 5 bedroom duplex.

cc spyder880
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 9:59am On Apr 14, 2016
Pls help me to interprete the following part of my structural drawing

1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by joshua112: 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
whyteboyz03:

My email is whyteboyz03@yahoo.com.
What info do u need to start the plan and how much will it cost? I'd also need a BOQ
sorry for the late response sir,i have sent you a mail,thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Alwaysareward: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
sonnie10:

I disagree with your premise. Isn't it the more, the merrier? The thread has been put on hold for a while now, so we need people like @whyteboyz03 to keep it alive. On the contrary, his action will bring more traffic to the thread. People prefer a thread that is interactive and engaging with vast ideas to threads with few ideas. Again, discourse in blog is dynamic, it could go to areas that were never expected from onset.

In as much as I understand your points; I believe it will be more appropriate to only comment, ask questions and learn from Spyder but not to "attach" our personal ongoing project to this thread. whyteboyzo3 can reference and inform people about his own thread citing ideas he got from spyder, share picture and progress of his ongoing project there. Yes Spyder is a humble, easy going, intelligent man,who shares ideas and knowledge with everyone, but we should apply wisdom, respect and not "take advantage" of all of these, loosing sight of due process. He only took a break and will commence activities on his personal project; it could confuse, mislead or even make him uncomfortable seeing pictures or responses etc attached to his ongoing project which might have been intended for whyteboyz03's project. Whyteboyz03 can paste a link of his project and we will gladly visit and follow his progress.I don't comment much but feel I should point this out.
I apologize if my comment offends anyone.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by cadno(m): 8:55pm On May 10, 2016
Hello, I just came across this tread and am so happy...thanks guys.
Pls how can I verify that the approved building plan I got from Ogun state Govt, is the genuine approval. My architech handled the process. Just lik the old days drivers license that people do , but we later found out that it was not on FRSC database.
Pls is there a site or method I can use to verify. Don't want Govt to come in 5years time to tell me my building plan approval is not original.
kindly advise. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 4:12pm On May 11, 2016
cadno:
Pls how can I verify that the approved building plan I got from Ogun state Govt, is the genuine approval. My architech handled the process. Just lik the old days drivers license that people do , but we later found out that it was not on FRSC database.
Pls is there a site or method I can use to verify. Don't want Govt to come in 5years time to tell me my building plan approval is not original.
kindly advise. Thanks.

Approach another official of the same government and do a verification of the stamps and signatures.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by joshua112: 5:12pm On May 12, 2016
cadno:
kindly advise. Thanks.
ITS VERY SIMPLE ,PLEASE JUST GO TO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT PLANNING OFFICE UNDER WHICH YOU JOB FALLS SO THEY CAN VERIFY THE APPROVED DRAWINGS FOR YOU.THANKS
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by anikkyshaya: 5:16pm On May 12, 2016
Please kindly help me with this:

https://www.nairaland.com/3101444/how-collect-survey-plan-cof

Hope am not disturbing this thread. Thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Richguy4life: 5:30am On May 18, 2016
I'm loving this trend.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 5:47am On May 18, 2016
Richguy4life:
I'm loving this trend.

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 5:47pm On May 30, 2016
spyder880:
The farther you move, the taller it looks........
This is profound. Type of roof i want on mine.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:00pm On May 30, 2016
Empiree:
This is profound. Type of roof i want on mine.

Thanks Sir, my village people just love it. Some guys has called me and spoken in praise of the roof.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 6:05pm On May 30, 2016
spyder880:

Thanks Sir, my village people just love it. Some guys has called me and spoken in praise of the roof.
Was just about to ask who you built this for. Then I decided to check op for confirmation. Sir, God bless you. This is like your second house if i am not mistaken. i remember following a thread of another multi-million # house in 2011 with your kids outside the house.

You really tried. Hard work pays off.

Good job mister. Nothing pretty than being in your own home.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:59pm On May 30, 2016
Empiree:
Was just about to ask who you built this for. Then I decided to check op for confirmation. Sir, God bless you. This is like your second house if i am not mistaken. i remember following a thread of another multi-million # house in 2011 with your kids outside the house.

You really tried. Hard work pays off.

Good job mister. Nothing pretty than being in your own home.

Thank you Sir. The Lord has been too good to me. Sometimes I just look back and cannot believe the progress. May God bless us more in 2016.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.