Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (173084 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ACHILLES45: 12:48am On Aug 21, 2017
spyder880:

This house is small, total area is only 167.84 Sqm (10275 X 17850)

The ground floor and upper floor rooms..........

I have started stocking up materials for my house, very similar to this one and also same size approximately 10380 by 18750.
so far i have about 10k blocks, different sizes, my y16 rods are 100pcs, y12 rods 300pcs, granite stones 1 trailer of 3 trips already on site and i'm expecting another delivery of more stones.
now my problem is that the architect i contracted my house to is really delaying my work. i would have used others but their charges were extremely too much so i settled for this guy that is delaying my job. i dont really want to rush him though so that i can have enough time to gather everything in place before my work commence.
pls i'd like to know, what numbers of those rods were used in this your structure. and how many trips of stones, from foundation to roofing.
i want to have an idea of how much more materials to get so as not to exceed the required quantity and have too many excesses.
thanks.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ACHILLES45: 1:10am On Aug 21, 2017
spyder880:

I am always willing to go "plant" a house whenever you tell me to move. cheesy

nice, how about planting a similar structure in imo. how would you make out time knowing that you always on tight schedule.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2017
ACHILLES45:

nice, how about planting a similar structure in imo. how would you make out time knowing that you always on tight schedule.

If the price is right, I can be in your site and be starting the foundation of the project by tomorrow morning. grin

By we need to see the working drawings and agree on terms first.

About the materials requirements, it will depend on what your plans says. But just keep buying more iron Rods.

16mm (200)
12mm (450)
8mm (180)
Binding wire (5 bundles)

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mgbadike81: 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
spyder880:

I have paid them a total of N200 k for all the outside, parapet, inside and under deck done so far.
how much should one budget for you to build exactly this structure In anambra? what's the external dimensions of this structure?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
mgbadike81:
how much should one budget for you to build exactly this structure In anambra? what's the external dimensions of this structure?

Can we continue this conversation on whatsapp please.

0803 335 0750. Thank you.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
As a man who is being affected by the "robust" Nigerian economy, I took a two year break from completing my house in the village, now I just have to get back there and do something before the bushes that overgrew my compound will sprout again.

The finish of this modest building.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
I am not planning an elaborate finish, this house is in my village so I visit here as a holiday home.

They have started the soak away construction.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by twinskenny(m): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
spyder880:
I am not planning an elaborate finish, this house is in my village so I visit here as a holiday home.

They have started the soak away construction.

Weldone my oga it is well

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by claremont(m): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
So, what's the total cost till date?

The total cost breakdown should be on the very first post, so people can have a snapshot rather than going through multiple pages.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
twinskenny:

Weldone my oga it is well

Thank you my man.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
claremont:
So, what's the total cost till date?

The total cost breakdown should be on the very first post, so people can have a snapshot rather than going through multiple pages.

You are right, I think I should be doing a more regular cost update.

But, how can this reflect the reality on the ground since the construction stage was done at a time when cement was selling for about N1,350 or so? Will this not be confusing? I will however show all costs for this finish stage.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
spyder880:
As a man who is being affected by the "robust" Nigerian economy, I took a two year break from completing my house in the village, now I just have to get back there and do something before the bushes that overgrew my compound will sprout again.

The finish of this modest building.
Eww Oga, how you dey. Man, you rich oo. Thought You built and completed a nice mansion before (2011) with your family posed in front of it?. I dey gbadun u. God bless your hustle

This one self resembles that one

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
Empiree:
Eww Oga, how you dey. Man, you rich oo. Thought You built and completed a nice mansion before (2011) with your family posed in front of it?. I dey gbadun u. God bless your hustle

This one self resembles that one

The house wey I almost bought from him.
That one nah history... Spyder don become village boy now o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2017
mufutau55:

That one nah history... Spyder don become village boy o.

Hajji M.
o yea?. The completed one?. that go cost u ehen
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2017
Empiree:
o yea?. The completed one?. that go cost u ehen

Yes o. He was very reasonable with the cost o.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 1:05am On Aug 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Yes o. He was very reasonable with the cost o.

Hajji M.
with your "kobokobo project", you think you can come up with such millions still cheesy
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 3:15am On Aug 24, 2017
Empiree:
with your "kobokobo project", you think you can come up with such millions still cheesy

NEVER. More reason I missed the purchase. smiley
My credit is not good anywhere in Naija for Morgage loan o.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 3:21am On Aug 24, 2017
mufutau55:

NEVER. More reason I missed the purchase. smiley
My credit is not good anywhere in Naija for Morgage loan o.

Hajji M.
Lol, do Nigerians even have credit?. who do banks in nija require to loan for mortgage and i am sure they charge interest too undecided
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 3:25am On Aug 24, 2017
Empiree:
Lol, do Nigerians even have credit?. who do banks in nija require to loan for mortgage and i am sure they charge interest too undecided

I am sure only the biggies get those loan o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 3:35am On Aug 24, 2017
mufutau55:

I am sure only the biggies get those loan o.

Hajji M.
O ga o and black people are complaining about inequalities of Whites?. Loan is exclusive to big guys bcus they know poor ones have no means of repayment undecided
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by femmy2010(m): 5:30am On Aug 24, 2017
Morning Oga Spyder,
How much do you think would build something exactly like this from foundation to moving in . No super expensive fitting .

Thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Aug 24, 2017
femmy2010:
Morning Oga Spyder,
How much do you think would build something exactly like this from foundation to moving in . No super expensive fitting .

Thanks

Budget around N20m for everything if there will not be too much fancy stuff. Welcome Sir.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2017
mufutau55:

That one nah history... Spyder don become village boy o.

Hajji M.

Yes I sold that house to a nairalander and they have moved in. I sold it for N18.5m and used part of the money to buy more lands for my estates.

Thank you my Oga.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by femmy2010(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
spyder880:

Budget around N20m for everything if there will not be too much fancy stuff. Welcome Sir.

Thank you sir , would keep in touch .

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2017
Inner wall plastering.............

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 12:10am On Aug 26, 2017
A sample of my windows under production.............

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2017
Now am doing a test here, I told my window guy to make me a window and we had to test this protector type on the windows, still trying out another style before I finally ask them to produce all. The pipe painted white is really a galvanized 1" pipe.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by erico2k2(m): 1:23am On Aug 26, 2017
spyder880:
Now am doing a test here, I told my window guy to make me a window and we had to test this protector type on the windows, still trying out another style before I finally ask them to produce all. The pipe painted white is really a galvanized 1" pipe.
Looks nice to me, howmuch did this cost?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Aug 26, 2017
erico2k2:

Looks nice to me, howmuch did this cost?

Just finished having a talk with the guy fabricating this. I am asking him to make the pipes longer, so it can come out 2" or more from each side, he wants to recalculate the cost again this morning. I will report the final cost here when we finish one. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ceelog(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2017
spyder880:

Lovely. Waiting for its cost and it's measurement.
How will net come in?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by adewaleID: 8:08am On Aug 26, 2017
innovative, watching keenly. grin How much is it without the protector?

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:03am On Aug 29, 2017
I had to try so many options before arriving at this material. The three items I held up there are,

1. 1" galvanized steel pipe
2. 3/4 galvanized steel pipe
3. 1" aluminium thick pipe

The next picture, I am holding the thick pipe alone, you can see how thick it is. And next, I tried to bend it, and I thought I am a strong man, no way grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.