Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (173169 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by tivta(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2015
spyder880:

Thank you bro.
Like how much is a plot of land here? Is a plot of land here the same size as it is in lagos?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2015
tivta:

Like how much is a plot of land here? Is a plot of land here the same size as it is in lagos?

There are no regular sized plots in the village. Here, lands are inherited from parents and grand parents and shared among siblings.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Dieumerci(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
spyder880:
Cost updates

1. 5 trips of sharp sand N9,500 = N47,500
2. 2 trips of stone N23,000 = N46,000
3. Casting of oversite concrete 66 bags x N500 = N33,000 (the cement used here is part of our old stock, cost already captured earlier)
4. Mason, labor N8,000
5. Supervision N10,000
6. 20 bags of cement for block work (bought today) N1,500 x 20 = N30,000

Total N174,500

Cost cumulative total N174,500 + NN1,842,956.00 = N2,017,456.00
OK sir.
You paid for the casting of the oversite concrete at N500/cement bag.
Does the payment also included those 'labourers'. The ones that carried granite, Sand and water.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mi oga Spyder I see you Sir.

You are showing us this modest house while the real retirement house being built is 25 bedrooms, 16,000 square feet on 40 acres grin

Dearisgoduooooo.

9 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Mi oga Spyder I see you Sir.

You are showing us this modest house while the real retirement house being built is 25 bedrooms, 16,000 square feet on 40 acres grin

Dearisgoduooooo.

As my name no be Egun....... I need to manage myself before them go turn me to laughing stock for village square grin

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dieumerci:

OK sir.
You paid for the casting of the oversite concrete at N500/cement bag.
Does the payment also included those 'labourers'. The ones that carried granite, Sand and water.

Those ones are asking for an extra N100 per bag this evening.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Dieumerci(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
spyder880:

OK, let's say that the total labour cost for casting of the German floor is N600/bag of cement.

What about the cost of the mixing machine.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Pchinak: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2015
spyder880:

I don't understand this response boss, thought those are the ones you paid N500/bag, or was your answer to his question "Yes", then a further information on possible increase in price? I guess someone was doing the " levelling", was he part of this money?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:52am On Nov 16, 2015
Dieumerci:

OK, let's say that the total labour cost for casting of the German floor is N600/bag of cement.

What about the cost of the mixing machine.

Pchinak:

I don't understand this response boss, thought those are the ones you paid N500/bag, or was your answer to his question "Yes", then a further information on possible increase in price? I guess someone was doing the " levelling", was he part of this money?

The cost of concrete cast is now N600/bag, these guys are carrying cement and sand from afar, so they asked that I increase the cost per bag.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2015
We spent a total of N82,560.00 to lay all blocks till lintel levels, this includes the cost of carrying, mixing the mortar and laying all 2016 blocks till the lintel level. Iron fitters and carpenters are racing to this site now.

Laying of blocks N82,560 + N6,600 (additional on concrete cast) + N2,017,456.00 = N2,106,616.00
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by yke: 11:56am On Nov 17, 2015
Well done bro Spyder

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
yke:
Well done bro Spyder

Thank you Sir.

Work has been moving smoothly here in the past two days , iron fitting works for lintels reinforcement already completed. Carpenters doing their own now , more pictures and costs later in the week.

We also bought many more materials, especially for the decking of this house (cement, wood, nails etc.) I need to mold another 10 bags of cement to top the lintels till deck level. I don't think these people made up to the 3,400 blocks I paid for. Seems like some wayo took place.

More on this block issue later.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by erico2k2(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
spyder880:

Thank you Sir.

Work has been moving smoothly here in the past two days , iron fitting works for lintels reinforcement already completed. Carpenters doing their own now , more pictures and costs later in the week.

We also bought many more materials, especially for the decking of this house (cement, wood, nails etc.) I need to mold another 10 bags of cement to top the lintels till deck level. I don't think these people made up to the 3,400 blocks I paid for. Seems like some wayo took place.

Weldone bro.it's only a foolish man that will say he can't be cheated.wayoo must dey as far is a Nigerian is involved. Ahaha

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
erico2k2:

Weldone bro.it's only a foolish man that will say he can't be cheated.wayoo must dey as far is a Nigerian is involved. Ahaha

But to use "Wayo" for Spyder (The Master of all Masters), they are playing with fire o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
erico2k2:

Wayo is all over the world and not just Nigerians . . . .My principle is always to add extra 10% to what i do to make up for wayo, however, when the wayo is now more than 10% of what is delivered to me, then, i will scream and bring our the gun to punish them.... But you want be "unwayoed" tongue tongue

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Onuokwu: 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
spyder880:
Clutching a hot cup of tea on a cold morning 40 years from now, Spyder880 is standing at this very spot looking through this same windows with a smile, remembering all my friends from nairaland cheesy

Yes o...i know many igba nkwu ceremonies will be held in that compound so i am booking space in advance grin. I like my palmwine frothing just before i take it and i normally remove the greedy flies myself before downing the thing. Be prepared.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Onuokwu: 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
spyder880:

erico2k2:

mufutau55:

But to use "Wayo" for Spyder (The Master of all Masters), they are playing with fire o.
Hajji M.

No be small thing o. At some stage you just have to decide on the fight to fight and the one to ignore....otherwise you'll look and act like a mad man.

I adopt a variant of Fhemmy's approach.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by erico2k2(m): 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Wayo is all over the world and not just Nigerians . . . .My principle is always to add extra 10% to what i do to make up for wayo, however, when the wayo is now more than 10% of what is delivered to me, then, i will scream and bring our the gun to punish them.... But you want be "unwayoed" tongue tongue
These days, na our village JUJU I dey call grin
Fhemmmy:

These days, na our village JUJU I dey call
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
erico2k2:

These days, na our village JUJU I dey call grin
These days, na our village JUJU I dey call

They could have a bigger juju oh and in the battle of 2 juju, the lesser juju must bow to bigger juju . . . . tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by NL1960: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
Onuokwu:

Yes o...i know many igba nkwu ceremonies will be held in that compound so i am booking space in advance grin. I like my palmwine frothing just before i take it and i normally remove the greedy flies myself before downing the thing. Be prepared.

Have you heard the story of how one palm wine drinker dealt with the fly that was disturbing his palm wine drinking?. Make i tell you in case you never hear am and you fit use the method self. grin

One man filled his cup with palm wine and put it on the table. A fly came and the man drove it away with his hand but the fly refused to leave. The man then allowed it. It perched on top of the cup and people said 'Oga, see fly dey perch for your cup'. The man replied 'make una leave am'. The fly then enter the cup and was drinking the palm wine and the people said 'Oga, the fly don enter your drink'. The man replied 'i say make una leave am'. The fly drank sotay it could not fly again. The people told the man 'the fly don dey drink your palm wine'. The man said 'shuoo, wetin concern una. i say make una leave am'. The fly became drunk and then died inside. The people said 'Oga, the fly don die for inside your palm wine. Make you throw am away'. The man calmly dipped his hand inside the cup of palm wine. Took out the dead fly. Held it up and said 'you don drink finish abi'?. When there was no answer from the dead fly, the man took it to his mouth, suck out all the palm wine the fly had drunk and flung it away after sucking out all the palm wine saying 'go buy your own'. cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
NL1960:

Have you heard the story of how one palm wine drinker dealt with the fly that was disturbing his palm wine drinking?. Make i tell you in case you never hear am and you fit use the method self. grin

One man filled his cup with palm wine and put it on the table. A fly came and the man drove it away with his hand but the fly refused to leave. The man then allowed it. It perched on top of the cup and people said 'Oga, see fly dey perch for your cup'. The man replied 'make una leave am'. The fly then enter the cup and was drinking the palm wine and the people said 'Oga, the fly don enter your drink'. The man replied 'i say make una leave am'. The fly drank sotay it could not fly again. The people told the man 'the fly don dey drink your palm wine'. The man said 'shuoo, wetin concern una. i say make una leave am'. The fly became drunk and then died inside. The people said 'Oga, the fly don die for inside your palm wine. Make you throw am away'. The man calmly dipped his hand inside the cup of palm wine. Took out the dead fly. Held it up and said 'you don drink finish abi'?. When there was no answer from the dead fly, the man took it to his mouth, suck out all the palm wine the fly had drunk and flung it away after sucking out all the palm wine saying 'go buy your own'. cheesy

Yuck, yuck, yuck grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
Onuokwu:

No be small thing o. At some stage you just have to decide on the fight to fight and the one to ignore....otherwise you'll look and act like a mad man.
I adopt a variant of Fhemmy's approach.

I agreed with you o. No high blood pressure for small thing.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Onuokwu: 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
NL1960:

grin grin grin
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Onuokwu:

My brother... nah only greedy flies dey die for drink cup o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Any wayo occurring to me is simply possible because I'm not on the ground, I can't avoid that, not that it's impossible to nip it in the bud.

I don't mind acting like a mad dog to protect what's mine.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
NL1960:

The whiteman wey dey for my side dey read this don laugh quench o. NL1960, you fit kill man. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
My people, thanks for the concern but this matter is a delicate one, just like all the other such stories cheesy

I bought about 120 bags of cement that was moulded for this house and it did not complete the ground floor, me? cheesy Well, the man is a family member and as such I find it difficult to start a case between me, his family and his. So I will overlook the matter for the sake of peace.

The lesson here is that a lot of us think they are saving money by making their own blocks.. you may end up losing money like me. In most cases , those who make their own blocks lose money. I will do a detailed analysis of this statement in my block making thread in the weekend.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
I'm off the opinion that unless you sit with the Blockmakers then getting any alleged strong block is s wash.

What I did was bribe the actual grunt workers making the block in the factory grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by twinskenny(m): 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
NL1960:

lmao
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by reflx(m): 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
Oga Spyder...well done o!!!
an avid student of yours takes a sit!!!
God's blessings on this project IJN
hope to work with you mid 2016
reflx is the name! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Pchinak: 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
spyder880:
My people, thanks for the concern but this matter is a delicate one, just like all the other such stories cheesy

I bought about 120 bags of cement that was moulded for this house and it did not complete the ground floor, me? cheesy Well, the man is a family member and as such I find it difficult to start a case between me, his family and his. So I will overlook the matter for the sake of peace.

The lesson here is that a lot of us think they are saving money by making their own blocks.. you may end up losing money like me. In most cases , those who make their own blocks lose money. I will do a detailed analysis of this statement in my block making thread in the weekend.

Relations...gone are the good old days.*sighs*

Well done jare.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by gabbytabby: 5:22am On Nov 18, 2015
spyder880:

It has always been my problem with block moulding the stress of supervision, quality monitoring, is it worth the saving and what guarantee do you have on the saving.

In my case I already have blood pressure so I no want stroke. I limit the unnecessary stress. You sell me soft block you csrry am back cos I no go pay otherwise if I have already paid then I move to another supplier.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.