Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? (29182 Views)

See The Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries. / Soldiers Write Chief Of Army Staff Over Illegal Deduction Of Their Salaries / Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by psychologist(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
hh
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by nicedas(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
wch knd yeye que b dis, ok, to Bleep ashawo.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Tman66(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by eightsin(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
My wife has been hiding her salary from me. Even when we were dating thou saw it as normal till now 2 months into our marriage and she still refuse to tell me her salary but she knows mine.

Why do people hide there salary especially girls?

Fear your wife

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by shogosco: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
Why do you want to known?
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by NEROSKY(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
Because they're all selfish... but ur wife? you're not serious!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by afuye(m): 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
lol... gbeborun
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by GP2015(m): 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
.m
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by adaoshi(m): 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
Threaten her of hugging transformer, she will tell you.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by witorwitoutyou(m): 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
shogosco:
Why do you want to known?
Oponu,y do u want to KNOWN?
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by condralbede(m): 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
Pls I need honest views especially from my female folks

Seun and lalasticlala pls do the needful
You are too stingy that's why,see how you take grab the FTC position,this talks more abt you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by NEROSKY(m): 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
My wife has been hiding her salary from me. Even when we were dating thou saw it as normal till now 2 months into our marriage and she still refuse to tell me her salary but she knows mine.

Gobe!!! U don marry greedy n selfish woman... one chance

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by MadCow1: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

You are married to a stranger.

#Period..

if she is hiding her salary from you, she cant be trusted.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by yelebani: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
for selfish reasons
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by macaranta(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
So you won't help them spend it in your head.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by NICOGRAVITY: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
She is still your girl friend and not your wife.
In marriage, there's no secret, because the two have become one, and the power of sin is in it's secrecy.
Bible said they were naked and not ashamed. Naked means being open in all areas, including your finances.
Both of you need counselling immediately, because if one spouse is not faithful in finances, it could crumble the marriage.
Some of the reasons some spouses hide their income is if they are still responsible for the up keeps of their siblings, parents or secretly investing without the knowledge of the other spouse.
Call your wife to order immediately, ask her to tell you how much she earns, it's very important that you know as the husband.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Louislewis: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
[size=20pt]The reason is that, no matter how rich majority of the ladies or girls are, they are always in need of man's money to add to theirs . It is purely their nature. One out a million, will not depend on man's money to be added to their. This can only happen if a lady loves you sincerely from the bottom of her heart.[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by oismail(m): 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shey u wan know their worth ni?
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by ayomide74: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
Did u dream at all?....cus all dis u saying is ntin bt fallacy
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Our5k(m): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
I need my 5k first
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by gladokpe(f): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
Gbagaun.....keep, and not kept
gameboy727:
To kept it away from extravagant wives/girlfriends/in-laws.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by sukkot: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
i am sure she has her own pot of soup that she padlocks too

[img]http://losingweightafterbaby.files./2009/01/fridge-lock-400.jpg?w=468&h=351[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Lilimax(f): 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Satowind don't mind these guys telling you you'r married to a stranger for not telling you her salary.
It is not peculiar to you. smiley

I don't usually tell my hubby the exact increment I receive on my salary else he'll cut down the
amount he gives me for house upkeep embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Philadelphia: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

Tell me where she works and I'll tell you how much she earns.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by begwong: 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
It should not be that way if she actually "loves" you?
My wife and I operates a joint account with both salaries going into same account. We also have a mandate with the bank for either party to withdraw.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by dammytosh: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Because some people can faint when they hear it.

and they can know how to manage the money they are not earning and make u feel reckless. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by IamGentle(f): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Its might actually be that she thinks you might saddle her with the household expenses because that's what u guys do u just rrun away frm ur responsibilty as soon as u notice that ur wifey is richer salary-wise quote author=satowind post=39711271]

My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels I will feel inferior or sometin. [/quote]
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by NICOGRAVITY: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lilimax:
Satowind don't mind these guys telling you you'r married to a stranger for not telling you her salary.
It is not peculiar to you. smiley

I don't usually tell my hubby the exact increment I receive on my salary else he'll cut down the
amount he gives me for house upkeep embarassed

I'm very sorry for you.
You have not totally submitted to your husband, and you are not broken.
Money is nothing, don't let it ruin your marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by gameboy727(m): 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
gladokpe:
Gbagaun.....keep, and not kept
Typo. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany / Meet Kalengo Kamwendo, Zambia's Youngest Commercial Pilot / What Good Skill Can A Lady Learn In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.