Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,114 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? (29193 Views)

See The Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries. / Soldiers Write Chief Of Army Staff Over Illegal Deduction Of Their Salaries / Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by onelife97: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
As much as I never needed my wife's or gf's monet, but for my partner keeping such for me will definitely got me thinking where I am in her heart.
Even though I have issues with my wife but I let her know my worth.
She is mother of my beautiful son for heaven sake.

For a wife keeping her salary secret from her husband is really uncalled for pls.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by pawoz: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels I will feel inferior or sometin.
The truth is that,she spend more on her family. So for not telling u the real figure, U might not like the issue of her spending on her Family. Expect u guys ve children, then she will tell u the real figure
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by OVA200(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
I will advice you check yourself first before throwing a tantum. U need to ask urself that how many people are hiding their salary from you? Consider your friends, parent, or can your your parent or friend trust u when it comes to money? If YES then talk some sense to your wife but if NO try to adjust and with time she will eventually tell you without asking.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by tomi01(m): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
My wife has been hiding her salary from me. Even when we were dating thou saw it as normal till now 2 months into our marriage and she still refuse to tell me her salary but she knows mine.

Why do people hide there salary especially girls?

I think ur wifey has an attitude problem, I see no reason why wifey or husby shld be keeping secret in a marriage, except there is something u are not telling us here.
Mine doesn't keep such, we know each other's worth and it has been helping the marriage.
(NB) People differ in nature , so whatever ur case is, deal with it wisely & move on.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by femi4: 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels I will feel inferior or sometin.
Install message forwarder into her phone. As she dey get alert, you too go receive the message

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
I Really Want My Wife To Be Like My Mum............No Secrets And Very Supportive.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

grin hope you won't be stunned when you get to know lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by fart: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
My wife has been hiding her salary from me. Even when we were dating thou saw it as normal till now 2 months into our marriage and she still refuse to tell me her salary but she knows mine.

Just check her phone for alerts while she is in the bathroom
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nuella222(f): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
U want to knw if her salary is a little bit high so that u stop giving her maintenance money abi? Tight-fisted husband with a rolling eyes. Follow her go to her office and ask her boss, otune!
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by monacobull: 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
Omo see comments grin but last last nobody revealed their own salary undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by 400billionman: 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

We are opposite. Nah babes dey spill their earnings to me. Me i dont disclose mine.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by HerXcellency(f): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=satowind post=39711271]

My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels .........that's not it.it may even be that she has no reason or reasons why she's hiding it from you.dont worry,God will reveal it to you. grin grin
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Alex1575(m): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

Hw will knowing my salary help u answer the question in question?
U see Y
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by ola7199: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

SIMPLY PUT....SHE WILL CHEAT ON YOU.
THAT'S WHAT UPBRINGING SAYS ABOUT PEOPLE & IT'S ALSO A GOOD POINTER.
WATCH....LADIES FROM POLYGAMOUS HOME OR WHO ARE RAISED BY SINGLE MOTHER.....THEY DO THAT .
sorry i said the whole truth....a good wife will never keep any secret from her husband.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by clusay(m): 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

Ner so dem be, its natural

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by enygmababe: 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
Let me advance some reasons:

Some men are spendthrifts, they spend their money doing good outside (which is not totally bad) except that sometimes, it impoverishes the home. Then they come home and toast their wives to raise them, which is also not bad except when the man has no control and goes back to use the money for Sara forgetting the needs of the family. Oh! We don't blame them, cos we know its not deliberate. They just don't know how to say no to people outside. So if he does not know how much you earn he can't feel bad if he asks and you say you don't have cos you know what he wants to do with the money and in your accessment, his need is actually a want.

Some men upon knowing their wife's salaries stop spending for the home because of the archaic belief that they own the woman and everything about her because they have paid bride price.

Some men upon knowing their wife's salary want to dictate and decide what she spends her money on and complain if she spends (too much in his estimation) on her family, forgetting that without her family she would be nowhere...a nobody.

A good wife helps a man plan their life by channeling the family funds to the right projects I.e buying a land, building a house, saving for the kids, some men just don't think about these things.

Op, I want to opine that the reason your wife is keeping it secret from you is probably the same reason why you are anxious to know it. However, am sure when you married her you intended to be the head of the family in terms of responsibilities. Please carry your responsibilities like a man and forget about her salary. You should only worry if she does not spend a dime of her money in the house irrespective of what she earns. If she spends her money on household stuff, plans your family with you and occasionally buys you gifts, biko let it rest.

Just so you know, I have been married 8 years, and I don't think we have ever formally discussed my salary. I don't care how much he makes though I have an idea and am sure he knows mine too because I leave my pay slip around but when we discussed the issue of a joint account, I refused it and I am glad I did. It definitely would have caused some issues.

My two cent.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by ifeomaekol(f): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
jeffucee10:

bros... the so called wife is keeping secrets from the husband and that is not healthy for any marriage. But come to think of it who is a wife and what is her role in the life of a man if not to help the man.
pple r different n thus bhv differently. Its nw left for d hubby to act wisely by nt letting d issue come b/w them. I believe wt time she ll come around. And FYI am no bros.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by sexychocolate1(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

You can do an underground search. Ask people in her place of work in a playful way if you are close to any, check her phone for alert. She might be using her money to sponsor someone or taking care of her family needs or even investing.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by 6fit(f): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

if d salary is fat, they hide it so u dont make them yur ATM or become a liability to them. If d salary is small they hide it so u dont see them as a lazy follow

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by sunnyt1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
I sincerely believe marriage shouldnt be treated like a co-operate independent relationship where you choose what to do or discuss with whosoever you wish. I am also of the opinion that anyone who thinks some things should be private in marriage is not ready for marriage. I believe marriage is total, there is no point getting married to someone you cant tell anything and everything.

However, i think some things should be left alone. To me, putting so much energy in knowing your partner's financial muscle is akin to stressing yourself about the number of s.exual relationships they have had, only very few people might choose to be sincere about this, and everyone has reasons not to be.

Let's even ask ourselves, why do you really want to know how much your wife earns? What if she is keeping it away from you because she earns more than you do and knowing how most men would react to that.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Nuella222:
U want to knw if her salary is a little bit high so that u stop giving her maintenance money abi? Tight-fisted husband with a rolling eyes. Follow her go to her office and ask her boss, otune!

it's people like you dat end up asking "God why me" after you have refused to obey the rule of marriage. Do you even know what is means to be a wife ?
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by metorichmond(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Y won't I keep it secret, na me n u d employ ni. See gist ooo
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
sunnyt1:
I sincerely believe marriage shouldnt be treated like a co-operate independent relationship where you choose what to do or discuss with whosoever you wish. I am also of the opinion that anyone who thinks some things should be private in marriage is not ready for marriage. I believe marriage is total, there is no point getting married to someone you cant tell anything and everything.

However, i think some things should be left alone. To me, putting so much energy in knowing your partner's financial muscle is akin to stressing yourself about the number of s.exual relationships they have had, only very few people might choose to be sincere about this, and everyone has reasons not to be.

Let's even ask ourselves, why do you really want to know how much your wife earns? What if she is keeping it away from you because she earns more than you do and knowing how most men would react to that.
so you can share your honey pot / share your life / share bed and will keep your money secret to him abi??/ Explain this to God on the last day how you put apart what he has joined together because of your lost and love for money......
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by acegikmoqsuwy: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
A woman could love a man from the bottom of her heart but there is always a space for another man @ d top. I enjoy you to Love by heart and think with your brain...what ur encountering is jux a simple expression saying "love is not blind".
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by fleezytran(m): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

Right now I do not know the exact salary of my fiancée but I asked her some smart questions to know the range... Try this as well or devise a good means to know the exact. I know what to do if I want to know the exact amount o.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
sexychocolate1:

You can do an underground search. Ask people in her place of work in a playful way if you are close to any, check her phone for alert. She might be using her money to sponsor someone or taking care of her family needs or even investing.

or she might be giving her money to her love which of curse you are not....
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by MamaKs: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
For ur wifey to keep her salary a secret it means ur mouth doesn't hav control. When I told my husband my salary, he told his mum and siblings and that was when I started keeping things from him.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by bummyla(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
Maybe Her Salary Is Bigger Than Yours And If She Tells You, You Will Assign Her Greater Responsibilities! The Easiest Ways To Get Her To Show You Her Salary Pay Slip are(1). Stop Asking Her How Much She Is Been Paid. (2) Continue To Provide For The Family To The Best Of Your Ability. (3) When She Is Convinced You Are Not Interested In Her Money At All And You Are Doing Your Best To Uplift Your Family To The Next Level, But You Are Facing Some Financial Challenges, She Will One Day Call You And Show You Her Pay Slip.

These have Worked But It Takes Time, Patience And Endurance! Good Luck Dear!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by seemples(f): 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
chimkaire:
grin hope you won't be [b] stunned [/b]when you get to know lipsrsealed

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by menxer: 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

Ignorance, they say, is bliss.

What you don't know won't bother you.

If she has decided to keep her salary a secret, pls let it remain a secret for the good reason listed above...

What's the point of knowing her salary and starts having sleepless nights and low libido? grin
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by gulfer: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

Does she know your own salary and can you share it here
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nuella222(f): 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
jeffucee10:

it's people like you dat end up asking "God why me" after you have refused to obey the rule of marriage. Do you even know what is means to be a wife ?
Awwww~~~~~am shaking! Some pple ar creating issue where there shldn't be, y making it a big deal because of money? D husband don't hv an atom of love nd respect for his wife. Y discusing his own wife in a forum like dis. In a case where d wife is not supporting d family fainancially like she shld be and she is earning some damn salary dat bcomes a different case, but in as much as she is is supporting d man BUT refuses to expose her earning, y pokenosing? Y lamenting? A small unimportant issue like dis can tear a marriage apart if d wife is in dis forum reading all dis bullshit! I don't think d man married her because he love her but because he love her job/money. Dats hw I c it.

And never u insult me like dat again if u don't want to receive a hard knock on ur head via bluetoth. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? / Meet Kalengo Kamwendo, Zambia's Youngest Commercial Pilot / Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.