Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? (29195 Views)

See The Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries. / Soldiers Write Chief Of Army Staff Over Illegal Deduction Of Their Salaries / Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by miqos02(m): 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
menix:
Female salaries belongs to the gods of fashion nd it's a secret god..
not all women
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by jackpot(f): 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmm.. Maybe you should talk to her to gain her confidence incase her salary is bigger than yours which could make you feel inferior if she tells you. Seek for her assurance first that if hers is bigger than yours, it wont cause misunderstanding btw you guys.

Incase you want to know how much she's worth; how much she's in her account. Get her phone secretly, get the code to buy airtime from her bank and use her phone to get the airtime. Her bank acct balance message will be sent after you must have gotten the airtime. Be smart about this. You'll know how much she's worth and may not need to bother about her salary amount anymore if need be.

Cheers.
evil genius!
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by menix(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
miqos02:
not all women

Like 1 in every 1.4 trillion bah cous I just asked MTN.

Guy my mama sef no dey excluded nii..
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by miqos02(m): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
menix:

Like 1 in every 1.4 trillion bah cous I just asked MTN.

Guy my mama sef no dey excluded nii..
u dey ask the wrong person, mtn is under pressure right now so u can trust answers from mtn at the moment

my wife is not like that
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by menix(m): 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
miqos02:
u dey ask the wrong person, mtn is under pressure right now so u can trust answers from mtn at the moment

my wife is not like that

Then u re a lucky man...
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nuella222(f): 9:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
enygmababe:
Let me advance some reasons:

Some men are spendthrifts, they spend their money doing good outside (which is not totally bad) except that sometimes, it impoverishes the home. Then they come home and toast their wives to raise them, which is also not bad except when the man has no control and goes back to use the money for Sara forgetting the needs of the family. Oh! We don't blame them, cos we know its not deliberate. They just don't know how to say no to people outside. So if he does not know how much you earn he can't feel bad if he asks and you say you don't have cos you know what he wants to do with the money and in your accessment, his need is actually a want.

Some men upon knowing their wife's salaries stop spending for the home because of the archaic belief that they own the woman and everything about her because they have paid bride price.

Some men upon knowing their wife's salary want to dictate and decide what she spends her money on and complain if she spends (too much in his estimation) on her family, forgetting that without her family she would be nowhere...a nobody.

A good wife helps a man plan their life by channeling the family funds to the right projects I.e buying a land, building a house, saving for the kids, some men just don't think about these things.

Op, I want to opine that the reason your wife is keeping it secret from you is probably the same reason why you are anxious to know it. However, am sure when you married her you intended to be the head of the family in terms of responsibilities. Please carry your responsibilities like a man and forget about her salary. You should only worry if she does not spend a dime of her money in the house irrespective of what she earns. If she spends her money on household stuff, plans your family with you and occasionally buys you gifts, biko let it rest.

Just so you know, I have been married 8 years, and I don't think we have ever formally discussed my salary. I don't care how much he makes though I have an idea and am sure he knows mine too because I leave my pay slip around but when we discussed the issue of a joint account, I refused it and I am glad I did. It definitely would have caused some issues.

My two cent.
Thumbs up! May God bless u dear.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by LoveStan(f): 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
When a man knows about how much u earn, he won't take full responsibility in family
He will keep lying 2 u on how he doesn't hav money 2 solve d family pressing needs. Esp whn it has 2 be 2 provide 4 d children's needs. Again he will always spend d money on his mistress knowing fully well dat u wil help out cos u can't sit & watch ur children starve due 2 d mother child r/ship. Again he will use ur kindness & care 4 providing 4 d family as ur weakness & will always like 2 use his man trick, 2 win ur hrt even u say u dnt have any money
So Ladies, stay alert, dnt let them fool u wit their love/romance tricks 2 help him carry his responsibislities, but I will, advice take cautions on how 2 solve needs in d home, dnt give in totally else he will use u................
Stay safe, & remain home builders.... We Rock

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
My wife has been hiding her salary from me. Even when we were dating thou saw it as normal till now 2 months into our marriage and she still refuse to tell me her salary but she knows mine.

Why do people hide there salary especially girls?

The only reason she hides how much she earns is because she sends money to her relatives, family.
If you wanna know how much she earns, just dig around or play a fast trick on her.
Women have small brain.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by unbeat007(m): 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmm.. Maybe you should talk to her to gain her confidence incase her salary is bigger than yours which could make you feel inferior if she tells you. Seek for her assurance first that if hers is bigger than yours, it wont cause misunderstanding btw you guys.

Incase you want to know how much she's worth; how much she's in her account. Get her phone secretly, get the code to buy airtime from her bank and use her phone to get the airtime. Her bank acct balance message will be sent after you must have gotten the airtime. Be smart about this. You'll know how much she's worth and may not need to bother about her salary amount anymore if need be.

Cheers.
with which pin?
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by lonelydora: 3:40am On Nov 11, 2015
satowind:

My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels I will feel inferior or sometin.

You asked a question and you answered it. My brother that's thr reason she hiding it.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Kazrem(m): 5:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Very simple. It's because it is either too small from the expectation of people or too big.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by ChiSun27(m): 6:17am On Nov 11, 2015
LoveStan:
When a man knows about how much u earn, he won't take full responsibility in family
He will keep lying 2 u on how he doesn't hav money 2 solve d family pressing needs. Esp whn it has 2 be 2 provide 4 d children's needs. Again he will always spend d money on his mistress knowing fully well dat u wil help out cos u can't sit & watch ur children starve due 2 d mother child r/ship. Again he will use ur kindness & care 4 providing 4 d family as ur weakness & will always like 2 use his man trick, 2 win ur hrt even u say u dnt have any money
So Ladies, stay alert, dnt let them fool u wit their love/romance tricks 2 help him carry his responsibislities, but I will, advice take cautions on how 2 solve needs in d home, dnt give in totally else he will use u................
Stay safe, & remain home builders.... We Rock

Grow up girl....u really need to undergo some family grooming intense classes.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by etayokha2004(f): 6:45am On Nov 11, 2015
satowind:
Pls I need honest views especially from my female folks

Seun and lalasticlala pls do the needful
Jx let her be, I bet u she will b tired. If u ask now she will think u r after d money. Meanwhile as a gud wife she suppose to tell by her sef.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by LoveStan(f): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2015
tongue[color=#990000][/color]Is not ur fault, u r always fond of making use of ur wife/fiancee/girlfriend's money/wealth in flucunting dat u r wealthy. U need 2 Change
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by MWorkers(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Lack of 1 Corinthians 13 is the reason. Sex is not even secret, it is only private. Anything that is known to more than one person is never secret. Even the dishonourable and undistinguished parliamentarians are only playing pranks with some gullible Nigerians over their esoteric salaries.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 11, 2015
My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels I will feel inferior or sometin.

It's two way, if u r sure she loves u then it's that she's earning more than u do.. .
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:50am On Nov 11, 2015
etayokha2004:

Jx let her be, I bet u she will b tired. If u ask now she will think u r after d money. Meanwhile as a gud wife she suppose to tell by her sef.
Is long enough nah we dated 4 3years
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:51am On Nov 11, 2015
lonelydora:

You asked a question and you answered it. My brother that's thr reason she hiding it.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE
Ok thanks
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2015
PussyFucker2:

The only reason she hides how much she earns is because she sends money to her relatives, family.
If you wanna know how much she earns, just dig around or play a fast trick on her.
Women have small brain.
My wife don't have small brain oh and I don't wana be stalking her
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2015
gulfer:
Does she know your own salary and can you share it here
She knows mine
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2015
menxer:

Ignorance, they say, is bliss.

What you don't know won't bother you.

If she has decided to keep her salary a secret, pls let it remain a secret for the good reason listed above...

What's the point of knowing her salary and starts having sleepless nights and low libido? grin
I won't marriage is suppose to be about trust
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2015
fleezytran:

Right now I do not know the exact salary of my fiancée but I asked her some smart questions to know the range... Try this as well or devise a good means to know the exact. I know what to do if I want to know the exact amount o.
Pls tell me
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2015
6fit:

if d salary is fat, they hide it so u dont make them yur ATM or become a liability to them. If d salary is small they hide it so u dont see them as a lazy follow
Marriage is suppose to be about trust
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2015
sexychocolate1:

You can do an underground search. Ask people in her place of work in a playful way if you are close to any, check her phone for alert. She might be using her money to sponsor someone or taking care of her family needs or even investing.
My wife is not that way and I don't wana stalk her I want her to come out natural
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2015
ola7199:

SIMPLY PUT....SHE WILL CHEAT ON YOU.
THAT'S WHAT UPBRINGING SAYS ABOUT PEOPLE & IT'S ALSO A GOOD POINTER.
WATCH....LADIES FROM POLYGAMOUS HOME OR WHO ARE RAISED BY SINGLE MOTHER.....THEY DO THAT .
sorry i said the whole truth....a good wife will never keep any secret from her husband.
She is from no such home thanks 4 ur point sha

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=HerXcellency post=39879364][/quote]
Haha
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:03am On Nov 11, 2015
400billionman:

We are opposite. Nah babes dey spill their earnings to me. Me i dont disclose mine.
U not married I guess
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:06am On Nov 11, 2015
pawoz:

The truth is that,she spend more on her family. So for not telling u the real figure, U might not like the issue of her spending on her Family. Expect u guys ve children, then she will tell u the real figure
Her family is a rich one
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:07am On Nov 11, 2015
NairaMode:

Wife hiding salary? Thats a big one o.
Yeah
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2015
Ephemmm:

You see! marriage is over-hyped, honestly.
Is not
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2015
tomi01:

I think ur wifey has an attitude problem, I see no reason why wifey or husby shld be keeping secret in a marriage, except there is something u are not telling us here.
Mine doesn't keep such, we know each other's worth and it has been helping the marriage.
(NB) People differ in nature , so whatever ur case is, deal with it wisely & move on.
Thanks but she doesn't
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by satowind(m): 10:09am On Nov 11, 2015
femi4:
Install message forwarder into her phone. As she dey get alert, you too go receive the message
hmmm are u a spy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany / Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.