Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? (29196 Views)

See The Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries. / Soldiers Write Chief Of Army Staff Over Illegal Deduction Of Their Salaries / Nigerian Army Ranks And Their Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by begwong: 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lilimax:
Satowind don't mind these guys telling you you'r married to a stranger for not telling you her salary.
It is not peculiar to you. smiley

I don't usually tell my hubby the exact increment I receive on my salary else he'll cut down the
amount he gives me for house upkeep embarassed
You are not a faithful housewife ma. If he reduces the house keep allowance, you should know or ask where the other difference goes to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
If truly your wife is hiding her salary from you then visit TB Joshua or relegate her to girlfriend zone.

she love money pass you......

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Lilimax(f): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
-
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Lilimax(f): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
NICOGRAVITY:

I'm very sorry for you.
You have not totally submitted to your husband, and you are not broken.
Money is nothing, don't let it ruin your marriage.
grin Money can't and will never ruin my marriage.
As a confirm Igbotic lady, I like money embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lilimax:
Satowind don't mind these guys telling you you'r married to a stranger for not telling you her salary.
It is not peculiar to you. smiley

I don't usually tell my hubby the exact increment I receive on my salary else he'll cut down the
amount he gives me for house upkeep embarassed

your love for money will destroy your marriage if you don't take time.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by hrhobi1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
She might feel letting you know might stop you from providing for the house as usual.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Lilimax(f): 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
jeffucee10:

your love for money will destroy your marriage if you don't take time.....
For where, money answereth all things the reason Igbos like money grin
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by zubby29(m): 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
y u no get sense?
odinese:
.she is saving it for bigger d!©Ksss!!...
She doesn't want to let you know Cos half of her salary is for big d!©Ksss!
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by ifeomaekol(f): 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
It maybe dt her salary is bigger than urs, and if ur d egostic type she might nt wnt to tell u. Again, it culd be dt she doesn't wnt to share some major responsibilities cos wt wat she earns, u might look up to her to shoulder some. Or jux maybe she isn't comfortable yet in telling u, so I suggest u let it go for nw, n allow her open up to u wen d time is right for her. Besides d way ur goin abt it, might be wats scaring her frm nt tellin u. Let it go for nw or evn forever, I believe u cn take care of ur family with or without her help.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels I will feel inferior or sometin.

Where does she work?
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by fateemah06: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
I Don't hide my salary from my bf....so I don't know why.....maybe she sees you might want to become a beggar if she tells you
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by HermajestyQ(f): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Am not surprised. My parents ve been married 4 over 25yrs, every1 but my dad knows how much she earns.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lilimax:

For where, money answereth all things the reason Igbos like money grin

Then marry your money now !!!! why play hide and seek with the poor man??
Money answereth all things my foot...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Lilimax(f): 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
jeffucee10:

Then marry your money now !!!! why play hide and seek with the poor man??
Money answereth all things my foot...
smiley
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Ephemmm: 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:

My wife is not that fashion freak and isn't secretive but I don't know y her salary is a big deal to her. Maybe is bigger dan mine and she feels I will feel inferior or sometin.

You see! marriage is over-hyped, honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by NICOGRAVITY: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lilimax:
grin Money can't and will never ruin my marriage.
As a confirm Igbotic lady, I like money embarassed
My beloved sister,
It's very important that you inform your husband of any raise you get in your salary and job, it will help him to appreciate you, celebrate you and value you the more.
Marriage is far deeper than the surface most people scratch.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by niyi123: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
Because some of them are selfish

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
ifeomaekol:
It maybe dt her salary is bigger than urs, and if ur d egostic type she might nt wnt to tell u. Again, it culd be dt she doesn't wnt to share some major responsibilities cos wt wat she earns, u might look up to her to shoulder some. Or jux maybe she isn't comfortable yet in telling u, so I suggest u let it go for nw, n allow her open up to u wen d time is right for her. Besides d way ur goin abt it, might be wats scaring her frm nt tellin u. Let it go for nw or evn forever, I believe u cn take care of ur family with or without her help.

bros... the so called wife is keeping secrets from the husband and that is not healthy for any marriage. But come to think of it who is a wife and what is her role in the life of a man if not to help the man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Karleb(m): 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2015
A woman you are legally married to is hiding her salary from you?! angry

Am I the only one that finds this insulting?

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Lilimax(f): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
NICOGRAVITY:

My beloved sister,
It's very important that you inform your husband of any raise you get in your salary and job, it will help him to appreciate you, celebrate you and value you the more.
Marriage is far deeper than the surface most people scratch.
My salary is the least thing my hubby is thinking of smiley
Afterall, the money will still be spent in my home; so no issue !
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Lilimax(f): 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
begwong:

You are not a faithful housewife ma. If he reduces the house keep allowance, you should know or ask where the other difference goes to

How does that bring unfaithfulness to the home undecided?
Lecture me please smiley
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by alaskido(m): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
I thought I was the only one in this mess. I did not know my wifes salary for the 8 years she worked but she know mine until we divorced. The reason is that if you know her salary she feels you may not give her enough money anymore.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by donhils: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Many reasons. Your friends might be seeing you as a big boy/girl until they see how much you're earning. Others would turn you to their Jehovah Jireh if they knew how much you earned. Some men could become irresponsible if they found out their wives are equal to the task & vice versa. Plus other echetram echetram reasons.
However, spouses are NOT allowed to hide their salaries, it's wrong.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
She must be one of those people with the mindset that
Your money is OUR MONEY and my money is MINE alone.

OR, you're stingy :- so she thinks, knowing her worth would make you reduce her "Federal allocation"

Whichever case, it's a very bad one on both sides. Financial n*kedness is very important in marriage.
I wonder why couples, especially women do this rubbish_ then cry foul when the man refuses to make them next of kin. Nawa o

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
satowind:
My wife has been hiding her salary from me. Even when we were dating thou saw it as normal till now 2 months into our marriage and she still refuse to tell me her salary but she knows mine.

Why do people hide there salary especially girls?

Wife hiding salary? Thats a big one o.
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by estherdim: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
ur wife dont love you at all

Get All type of Timberland Boot, Nike, Adidas, Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice, Smart watches Et all, visit link at signature below
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Btruth: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
If I were you, honestly, I won't bother at all, in as much I can run my home in a manly manner. I will even be giving her pocket money in respect of her salaries. Women, they've been secretive since the beginning of creation. Did you ever read in the bible that Eve confess to Adam that a boyfriend (serpent) show her the apple that she gave him to eat? My man, abeg,leave story. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
financial wickedness
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by iluvweed(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
alaskido:
I thought I was the only one in this mess. I did not know my wifes salary for the 8 years she worked but she know mine until we divorced. The reason is that if you know her salary she feels you may not give her enough money anymore.

grin grin grin

So definitely, this people will divorce too..... grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by bettyLad(f): 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
She is scared u might start sharing home responsiblites with her.it's your duty to cater for the house .it's her duty to assist .she has her reasons y she isn't telling u how much she earn

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
it is not your business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany / Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.