Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook (27239 Views)

Youths Catch Man Having Sex With Married Woman In The Bush In Owerri / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook / Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by coogar: 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Stillfire:

This is one of my first comments on the thread without automatically pretending that these issues do not exist.
But since you people have chosen to be disingenuous just to go on an anti NL female rant, we will kill ourselves here today, tomorrow, and forever as long as this thread exists. cheesy cheesy cheesy

your counterparts in ibadan have already started. power to the women!

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Stillfire: 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
TooNoisy:

I did not want to talk about rape but you are going to make me expose you the more. You talked about marital rape and then you talk about child rape. Obviously, you would watch your father rape your mother and then jump on you next. No wonder you were adamant on laws protecting women from marital rape. So your mother was raped severally. So which of the sper*m cells from the men that raped her produced you? Even she doesn't know. So you are a product of a failed abortion and a gang rape.

You need help and I will try help you. First things first, enroll in Primary 4. The fact that you think that 0.5% of 85 million is equal 1 means that you were not education beyond Primary 3. Getting the much needed education is paramount. I promise to sponsor your education till you write NECO. I will only stop after you have failed three times. I promise.

Next we will take you to the Stillfire School for the Retardded and figure out how to help you. It will take a while because your madness has reached level 9. Level 9 is the highest by the way.

Since no man will marry you, I will give you to my horse to have seex with. His rod should be okay for you every night. Hope I have tried for you.

Nooo you have not tried for me. cheesy When your mother has fu.cked the horse and I have given her my dog to fu...ck then we can start talking. tongue Stop stealing my lines abeg. The Stillfire school for the retar.ded was created specially for you because of your single digit IQ. I have never seen your case before that is why I enrolled you sharply into the school. We are praying you graduate, so that your generation can be saved from idi.ocy and senility.
NECO? Ohh is that what you took because you failed WAEC woefully and your ra.pist dad pursued you to go sit for another exam? grin Please go and fight him, I am not the cause of your mental degeneration. I am innocent in all of this. grin

5 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Pidggin(f): 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
coogar:

that's tied to their religion, you ignoramus!

letting a girl child marry a much older man is a standard practise in the islamic world. from damaturu to tehran to riyadh.....that's the way it works there.

actually, the women in these sharia states think it's a honourable thing and plenty of them are educated.....perhaps more educated than you are and they have chosen that path of life.

Yeah I bet they have their Masters cheesy cheesy Why do you have to insult people to drive home your baseless point? Early marriage is not solely based on religion it can also be based on societal culture, poverty, or perceived value of an individual based on gender. We all know that rich men in the North do not give out their underaged daughters in marriage, this is mostly practiced amongst the poor and uneducated. It so easy for you to post jargons without proof "plenty of them are educated" indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Stillfire: 11:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
coogar:

your counterparts in ibadan have already started. power to the women!

More power to them! Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by MMotimo: 11:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
@ TooNoisy

Madam!
Madam!
Madam! Haba!

You don't know me but I am so angry with you at this
I don't have enough time right now but I will be back

*modified*

I took a quick look through your post history before I called you out because I do not like to see respectable people make a spectacle of themselves. For the most part, I share your sentiments about the thread and was going to post last Friday but I didn't have enough time to.

I am not going to say anything you don't already know but because we are human, we sometimes need to be reminded. I am not a saint and those who know me know that my tongue is like a dagger but I can humbly say I have learnt to put my tongue in subjection and I invite you to do the same.

Going by your words, you have/are:

Good education
Reached the upper echelons in your career
A happy marriage
Children
Informed/knowledgeable

You see, we often forget that to whom much is given, much is expected. Things were fine before you got distracted and started to use gutter language. Imagine yourself at an office meeting with superiors and subordinates alike, somebody has set things up for a PowerPoint presentation. Then imagine that a transcript of the gutter language you have used here is played out on the screen at that meeting. Or even imagine an emailed transcript of your words going out to all those people, how would you live down the embarrassment? Imagine your church/mosque members watching that screen. I hope you understand my point. Gutter diminishes.

I realize you are trying to prove your viewpoint on the OP but you have to accept that you can't save everybody. Smart people understand what you said, whether they agree or not (their perogative by the way). The not so smart need more help than they can get from Nland, that is just life. There is never a need to fight anyone to deliver your message. If you are getting into a fight, it is because you are trying to reach the not so wise who adore that sort of "entertainment." Fighting distracts from your message, it devalues it, it is a waste of your time and the unwise would still not understand the original message you are trying to deliver.

I ask that you forgive me if my words offend you, I just really think we have enough agberos on this site. Don't lose your cool, gutter diminishes. Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Pidggin(f): 11:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Are the male children born into poverty in Northern Nigeria having it better?

By age 4 they are forced outside their house into the harsh weather rain or sun to start begging as Almajiris and eating rotten food leftover by people, Many die in the process from disease and lack of care some are attacked and eaten by wild animals (hyenas) and stray hunting dogs

Pray tell which is having it easy. A 12yr old girl denied education and married to a Grand father or a 4 yr old boy that has barely known how to speak sent out on the street to beg for a living (education is not even a consideration here)

If you want to have a discursion on Almajiris you can open a new thread for that. This thread was started to empathize with Nigerian "Females"

At least the boys can hustle for food on their own, the girls are left to starve at home, some even die of malnutrition, tell me which is better? While I empathize with every child born into poverty, it is a well known fact that males mostly find it easier to overcome most of these circumstances.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by coogar: 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Pidggin:

Yeah I bet they have their Masters cheesy cheesy

many of them are ph.d level.....

Why do you have to insult people to drive home your baseless point?

because it's tedious having to enlighten you lots concerning how the world works. if you were born into a muslim family in yemen, you wouldn't be saying this.....

Early marriage is not solely based on religion it can also be based on societal culture, poverty, or perceived value of an individual based on gender.

early marriage is solely based on religion. the idea is to marry these girls as soon as they hit puberty so that they don't give in to the natural sëxual urges as an unmarried woman.

the urge for sex can be very strong, especially in adolescence and in most cases, the urge must be satisfied, either in a halal way or in a haram way. islam want the former.

we all know that rich men in the North do not give out their underaged daughters in marriage, this is mostly practiced amongst the poor and uneducated.

that's untrue....

from the hadith of prophet muhammad....

3 matters should not be delayed:

•prayer when it's time comes.
•burial when the funeral has arrived
•the marriage of a single woman when a well-suited man has proposed.

It so easy for you to post jargons without proof "plenty of them are educated" indeed.

you are a lunatic!

i will strongly advise you get out of your cocoon and explore the world before you. it would give you the rare opportunity of learning about other religion/culture.

there are millions of educated women in the middle east and many of them were betrothed to their hubbies at puberty and they are also giving their daughters out at puberty.

that's their culture!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by raumdeuter: 11:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
Pidggin:

If you want to have a discursion on Almajiris you can open a new thread for that. This thread was started to empathize with Nigerian "Females"

At least the boys can hustle for food on their own, the girls are left to starve at home, some even die of malnutrition, tell me which is better? While I empathize with every child born into poverty, it is a well known fact that males mostly find it easier to overcome most of these circumstances.

Almajiri and child marriage culture is an extension of the religion and culture of the North and cannot be separated from another

Children of the poor in the North go through those terrible situation and The male are worse

How are 5yrs old boys able to hustle on their own and how are theirs any better? Do you know what a 5yr old looks like and what kind of hustle is he able to do to fend for himself?

Male find it easier yet males die more than females. A 5yr old boy who sleeps in the open and is open to attack by weather and animals is better? I cant believe what I just read

4 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Pidggin(f): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
coogar:

many of them are ph.d level.....

because it's tedious having to enlighten you lots concerning how the world works. if you were born into a muslim family in yemen, you wouldn't be saying this.....

early marriage is solely based on religion. the idea is to marry these girls as soon as they hit puberty so that they don't give in to the natural sëxual urges as an unmarried woman.

the urge for sex can be very strong, especially in adolescence and in most cases, the urge must be satisfied, either in a halal way or in a haram way. islam want the former.

that's untrue....

from the hadith of prophet muhammad....

3 matters should not be delayed:

•prayer when it's time comes.
•burial when the funeral has arrived
•the marriage of a single woman when a well-suited man has proposed.

you are a lunatic!

i will strongly advise you get out of your cocoon and explore the world before you. it would give you the rare opportunity of learning about other religion/culture.

there are millions of educated women in the middle east and many of them were betrothed to their hubbies at puberty and they are also giving their daughters out at puberty.

that's their culture!

Obviously you have been living in deception all your life, you see the truth but your mind cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy. What is the ratio of female PhD holders to the multitudes of uneducated girls and women in the North? Once again typing jargons and spewing rubbish every where. You work tirelessly on here to downplay what we all know is the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Fkforyou(m): 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Longest fight ever....three days straight...fvcking awesome.!!!!!...lol.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Pidggin(f): 11:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
raumdeuter:

Almajiri and child marriage culture is an extension of the religion and culture of the North and cannot be separated from another

Children of the poor in the North go through those terrible situation and The male are worse

How are 5yrs old boys able to hustle on their own and how are theirs any better? Do you know what a 5yr old looks like and what kind of hustle is he able to do to fend for himself?

Male find it easier yet males die more than females. A 5yr old boy who sleeps in the open and is open to attack by weather and animals is better? I cant believe what I just read

At least the five year old boy is not on his own, they move in groups. Besides, they are not being raped or sexually exploited like their female counterparts who are sent into the street to hawk for their survival. Ever heard of VVF? This is only one of the many consequences of early marriage and sexual exploitation. Like I said before I empathize with every Nigerian child, but girls always have it worse than boys in almost all circumstances.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by coogar: 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
Pidggin:

Obviously you have been living in deception all your life, you see the truth but your mind cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy.

you are a consummate rëtard!
what has this question gotta do with the discourse? if this topic is intellectually out of your league, i suggest you move to lindaikeji where the price of peruvian hair is currently trending!

What is the ratio of female PhD holders to the multitudes of uneducated girls and women in the North?

what is the ratio of female phD holders to the multitudes of uneducated girls selling bread & pure water in the south where there are quintillion christians?

Once again typing jargons and spewing rubbish every where. You work tirelessly on here to downplay what we all know is the truth.

you are a cretinous vermin!

my objective here is to educate you to stop viewing the world with the lens of western civilisation only. other religions & cultures do exist - you need to stop watching CNN & travel the world to decongest the fluff in your cranial cavity!

muslim girls are married off early to prevent them from having sëxual urges as single women. it's a cultural/religious issue so stop ptyalising baloney like a photosensitive epileptic patient!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by raumdeuter: 12:01am On Nov 10, 2015
Pidggin:
At least the five year old boy is not on his own, they move in groups. Besides, they are not being raped or sexually exploited like their female counterparts who are sent into the street to hawk for their survival. Ever heard of VVF? This is only one of the many consequences of early marriage and sexual exploitation. Like I said before I empathize with every Nigerian child, but girls always have it worse than boys in almost all circumstances.

What difference does a group of kids moving around in group make to predators?

Have you been to the North have you seen Almajiris before? they are not rappedd only that they get kidnapped regularly and used for rituals on a weekly basis without any family even missing them or noticing they are gone.

Seeing a young boy killed by a hit and run driver because he is left on his own is a common occurence

Thats for those that are not used as bomb carriers by Boko Haram for a plate of rice or those that were not attacked by Hyenas while sleeping under trees.

The girls are not sent out to be Almajiris, they are kept till teenage to be married off while the boys are sent out by age 5 when some can barely speak to go fend for themselves by begging

Tell us how this is better than marrying young girls off to marriage

7 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by coogar: 12:07am On Nov 10, 2015
Pidggin:

At least the five year old boy is not on his own, they move in groups. Besides, they are not being raped or sexually exploited like their female counterparts who are sent into the street to hawk for their survival.

so boys don't get räped in nigeria? you are a fool who has chosen not to see the predicament of both genders as far as poverty is concerned. what sorta human being are you?

Ever heard of VVF? This is only one of the many consequences of early marriage and sexual exploitation.

VVF isn't a consequence of early marriage. it's a poverty disease. kids who give birth in western countries don't have VVF.

if all the female kids below the age of 10 in the US/UK are given out to marriage, not a single one of them will have VVF. blame your ïdiotic government for not providing adequate health care in the societies where early marriage is a culture!

Like I said before I empathize with every Nigerian child, but girls always have it worse than boys in almost all circumstances.

girls have it easier!
FGM has been outlawed in most of the states in nigeria while male babies are getting abused in the name of cïrcumcision every blessed day in nigeria by women like yourself.

what do you have to say to that, fool?

9 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Pidggin(f): 12:12am On Nov 10, 2015
coogar:

what has this question gotta do with the discourse? if this topic is intellectually out of your league, i suggest you move to lindaikeji where the price of peruvian hair is currently trending!

what is the ratio of female phD holders to the multitudes of uneducated girls selling bread & pure water in the south where there are quintillion christians?

you are a cretinous vermin!

my objective here is to educate you to stop viewing the world with the lens of western civilisation only. other religions & cultures do exist - you need to stop watching CNN & travel the world to decongest the fluff in your cranial cavity!

muslim girls are married off early to prevent them from having sëxual urges as single women. it's a cultural/religious issue so stop ptyalising baloney like a photosensitive epileptic patient!

I will not be dragged into debating with a street urchin like you, obviously you do not have the intellect to present your clueless point without spewing filth from that dirty stinking rotten decayed hole you call mouth and your dense peanut sized brain. We are clearly not on the same level hence my conversation with you ends here.

5 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by coogar: 12:16am On Nov 10, 2015
Pidggin:

I will not be dragged into debating with a street urchin like you, obviously you do not have the intellect to present your clueless point without spewing filth from that dirty stinking rotten decayed hole you call mouth and your dense peanut sized brain. We are clearly not on the same level hence my conversation with you ends here.

this is an obvious cop-out!

when women with below average intelligence quotient like you get buried in an intellectual discourse, they always find a way to run from it. how can we be on the same level when you stüpidly misinformed the public that VVF is the consequence of early marriage?

the money squandered on your education should have been diverted into cocoa business. you are a waste of resources to your sponsors.....the next time you decide to post on a sensitive issue such as this, borrow some artificial intelligence......you stinking swine!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Fkforyou(m): 12:18am On Nov 10, 2015
Pidggin:

Obviously you have been living in deception all your life, you see the truth but your mind cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy. What is the ratio of female PhD holders to the multitudes of uneducated girls and women in the North? Once again typing jargons and spewing rubbish every where. You work tirelessly on here to downplay what we all know is the truth.
Have you ever beign to the North...? I've spent my entire life in the north and I cant seem to relate with all your assertions,Asides the 2 first class students who are guys, we are about 20 of us who graduated with second class upper in chemical engineering of which 5 were females and 4 of them were born and brought up in the North. You just make it seem as if girls over here are oppresed and helpless.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Pidggin(f): 12:18am On Nov 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

What difference does a group of kids moving around in group make to predators?

Have you been to the North have you seen Almajiris before? they are not rappedd only that they get kidnapped regularly and used for rituals on a weekly basis without any family even missing them or noticing they are gone.

Seeing a young boy killed by a hit and run driver because he is left on his own is a common occurence

Thats for those that are not used as bomb carriers by Boko Haram for a plate of rice or those that were not attacked by Hyenas while sleeping under trees.

The girls are not sent out to be Almajiris, they are kept till teenage to be married off while the boys are sent out by age 5 when some can barely speak to go fend for themselves by begging

Tell us how this is better than marrying young girls off to marriage

Open a thread for Almajiris.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by coogar: 12:21am On Nov 10, 2015
Fkforyou:

Have you ever beign to the North...? I've spent my entire life in the north and I cant seem to relate with all your assertions,Asides the 2 first class students who are guys, we are about 20 of us who graduated with second class upper in chemical engineering of which 5 were females and 4 of them were born and brought up in the North. You just make it seem as if girls over here are oppresed and helpless.

she's never travelled out of her village.
all these sheeple brainwashed by the western media cannot see beyond their nose.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by raumdeuter: 12:43am On Nov 10, 2015
Fkforyou:

Most of them dont know what they speak of

She said the Almajiri boys have it better? I lived for some time in the North in a rural area and I know poverty strikes all equally
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Pidggin(f): 12:56am On Nov 10, 2015
Fkforyou:

We are oppressed by cultural, societal and religious practices. Girls are the most victimized in restive situations like what we find in the North, remember the genocide in Rwanda? Over one million women and girls were raped. In Nigeria, South Africa, India, Congo, girls and women are raped on a daily basis. As an individual, it is not easy to live beyond the limitations your society, culture or religion places on you, it takes courage and most times this is acquired as a result of upbringing. How many parents tell their daughters that they can be the president of this country one day? A ten year old girl told me that her ambition is to be the wife of a president one day, why not the president? She says God forbid, the position will be for her husband, i guess you already know why she thinks this way.

I bet the five females in your class are from privileged families, besides their effort is like an exercise in futility as their certificates may not be utilized eventually. For a female it is all based on condition, what if her husband does not want her to work? Is she ready to compromise her marriage for her personal ambition? If she stays single, she will be viewed negatively no matter how high her achievements are.

3 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Fkforyou(m): 12:56am On Nov 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

Most of them dont know what they speak of

She said the Almajiri boys have it better? I lived for some time in the North in a rural area and I know poverty strikes all equally

Seriously, they are leaving a hardlife, although there has beign some progress offlate as some of them now partake in menial jobs like car washing and laundry services i.e they dont spend most part of their life doing almajiri, once they reach a certain age they quit it.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Ewuro4: 12:56am On Nov 10, 2015
Fkforyou:
Longest fight ever....three days straight...fvcking awesome.!!!!!...lol.

Now this is a good example of human species womenfolk should be fighting .

See how ecstatic he is, couldn't even hide his feelings.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by raumdeuter: 1:00am On Nov 10, 2015
When talking about girls rapeed in wars, remember the boys that are killed or have them join armies or child soldiers at age 7-8. Failure to join they cut off their hands and legs
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Ewuro4: 1:03am On Nov 10, 2015
That is how misinformations crawl in(hear says) , thank goodness for people like you and others on this forum. You'll be dammed to know how some folks live here....Yet their country is considered Developed. Life is hard everywhere.

Fkforyou:

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Fkforyou(m): 1:05am On Nov 10, 2015
Ewuro4:

Now this is a good example of human species womenfolk should be fighting .

See how ecstatic he is, couldn't even hide his feelings.

Your perception about my comment is wrong, this has nothing to do with gender. Why should I hide my feelings about e-fights?
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Ewuro4: 1:11am On Nov 10, 2015
Fkforyou:

Your perception about my comment is wrong, this has nothing to do with gender. Why should I hide my feelings about e-fights?

You still dey here? Where the pistol at.

cc: idowuogbo grin
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Fkforyou(m): 1:17am On Nov 10, 2015
Ewuro4:

You still dey here? Where the pistol at.

cc: idowuogbo grin
Lol....sorry ma..... make I burn speed before you find the pistol.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by HugoChavezJr(m): 1:42am On Nov 10, 2015
I used to think that only Yoruba men are simps, I didn't know Igbo men simp for females as well. Now when it comes to life for Nigerian females, I don't think they have it hard at all. They don't have any lofty expectations aside from looking somewhat aesthetically pleasing and bearing children. These females constantly whine about misogyny and unfair treatment in society, yet they don't want to put in the same effort as men.They still want men to provide for them, but at the same time they want to shout and cry for independence. It's laughable. Also Nigerian females are starting to adopt this foolish feminist doctrine from the West and it's really done a lot of harm to them.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by MMotimo: 2:41am On Nov 10, 2015
tyconcepts:

* I can’t have an education or it will make me lord
it over my man, and tempt me to be the head of
the home.

* I can’t have a job because I will become proud
and un-submissive.

* I can’t have a job that pays more than my
husband’s because it is an insult to his manhood
and he will be emasculated. One day I will even
use it to rubbish him outside.

* I can’t be single at 25, and unmarried at 30, or
without a single child at 35. It means I am
cursed, have a spirit husband or have a bad
character and no man wants to be with me.

* Any achievement of mine is a waste and useless
if I have no boyfriend or husband, and it will only
make me more arrogant and unattractive to
men.

* Heaven forbid I own a car or a house for the
same aforementioned reasons. The only place I
can live till I marry, is my parent’s home.

* Only loose women stay in hotels. If my job
requires I travel, I must stay with older people,
friends or an elderly couple who can talk to me
about this my job that won’t allow me settle in
one place and marry.

* Expensive things are not allowed. I can’t marry
quick with them.

* I can’t speak about anything under the sun
without a ring on my finger and babies who have
suckled my breasts.

* If my boyfriend/husband cheats on me, I must
endure it and manage. All men are the same.
There are no good ones around any more.

* Whatever my husband says (even common
pangolo boyfriend that doesn’t know his left
from right) I must agree. The moment we got
together, I lost my sense of reasoning and
purpose in life. his word, even if foolish, is law
and I must die to please him and obey.

* How dare I expect my husband to hire a maid or
ask anyone asides me to clean? What did he
marry me for?

* My husband, cook and clean? Am I mad? Is that
not witchcraft?

* Why should he take care of the kids while I
sleep, travel or go out? Is he my mate or my
servant? Am I a fool?

* Oh, so I don’t know I must cook fresh soup
everyday? I must be an idiot.

* So, I don’t know I must wear make-up , heels
and sexy dresses or be naked all day? Do I want
him to go out and cheat?

* The home falls apart because I’m a useless and
stupid woman.

* The marriage ends because I am a useless and
stupid woman.

* My husband cheats on me and beats me
because I am a useless and stupid woman.

* The children grow up horrible because I am a
useless and stupid woman.

At least 13 issues, if not more, from the 20 above can be tied into your choice of male partner (boyfriend or spouse), read and analyze carefully. Dear women, that is 100% your responsibility! Do not go and settle for someone who disparages you or treats you as inferior in any way.

With over 50% of the list under your control as a woman, be wise in your choice of association and marriage. To start with, place value on yourself, do nothing out of desperation nor frustration. Take your time in courtship, that is the time to know your man and learn if he truly complements you and if you can spend the rest of your life with his character. If you take your time in courtship, you will save yourself a lot of future heartache. Very few people will change after marriage, don't deceive yourself.

As for the other societal mumblings about don't buy a car or expensive things before you marry, that is typical Naja interference after all we love to mind other people's business. I doubt that a girl who really needs a car and can afford it would take that advice.

Since forever, Naija women have purchased expensive things even if they have to go aborrowing so still not sure where that came from?

As for loose women staying in hotels, that is the point at which I start to wonder about that Writer's location? Which part of Nigeria exactly? Perhaps in the North where it is a more conservative society? There has to be context to these generalizations. Naija women should not get all riled up and adopt a cloak of victimhood because someone wakes up and starts to make sweeping statements about their lives. A write up like this is just to wind women up and apparently, it is succeeding.

More importantly, Nairalanders, how are you helping with these issues?

How many women here would be open to contributing to a fund to educate village girls whose parents deny an education because of affordability (not because of cultural values)?

When a girl dumps an overbearing, domineering boyfriend, are you giving her encouragement or are you telling her she should have endured because she's getting old or because the guy is rich?

When your sister is aging before your eyes because her husband won't assist with chores and they can't afford a housekeeper, are you offering free childcare to her on the weekends? Can you take her money and help buy her groceries when you go and buy yours since she already married the "monster"

Or is it easier to just post on threads about the plight of the victimized Naija woman then logout and forget about it

#howareyouhelping

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by TooNoisy(f): 5:27am On Nov 10, 2015
MMotimo:
@ TooNoisy

Madam!
Madam!
Madam! Haba!

You don't know me but I am so angry with you at this
I don't have enough time right now but I will be back

*modified*

I took a quick look through your post history before I called you out because I do not like to see respectable people make a spectacle of themselves. For the most part, I share your sentiments about the thread and was going to post last Friday but I didn't have enough time to.

I am not going to say anything you don't already know but because we are human, we sometimes need to be reminded. I am not a saint and those who know me know that my tongue is like a dagger but I can humbly say I have learnt to put my tongue in subjection and I invite you to do the same.

Going by your words, you have/are:

Good education
Reached the upper echelons in your career
A happy marriage
Children
Informed/knowledgeable

You see, we often forget that to whom much is given, much is expected. Things were fine before you got distracted and started to use gutter language. Imagine yourself at an office meeting with superiors and subordinates alike, somebody has set things up for a PowerPoint presentation. Then imagine that a transcript of the gutter language you have used here is played out on the screen at that meeting. Or even imagine an emailed transcript of your words going out to all those people, how would you live down the embarrassment? Imagine your church/mosque members watching that screen. I hope you understand my point. Gutter diminishes.

I realize you are trying to prove your viewpoint on the OP but you have to accept that you can't save everybody. Smart people understand what you said, whether they agree or not (their perogative by the way). The not so smart need more help than they can get from Nland, that is just life. There is never a need to fight anyone to deliver your message. If you are getting into a fight, it is because you are trying to reach the not so wise who adore that sort of "entertainment." Fighting distracts from your message, it devalues it, it is a waste of your time and the unwise would still not understand the original message you are trying to deliver.

I ask that you forgive me if my words offend you, I just really think we have enough agberos on this site. Don't lose your cool, gutter diminishes. Thanks for your time.

Mmotimo, some people need help and we must help them even if they insult us. I normally give my comments and walk away but I realise sometimes when you disagree with some people based on ideology, they begin to insult you. If I had kept quiet, they would have continued to propagate the wrong message that Nigerian women are limited in what they can become. We all have the responsibility of encouraging young girls out there, that there is noting stopping them from becoming whatever they want to become.

All this talk of "women cannot get a job, an education, a car etc" just continues to let our women settle for less. All of those lies need to stop. So if it means insulting the hell of out the orangutan called Stillfire, I will do it again. But at least we have certainly made good progress on this thread from how it started. My name is not Too Noisy so no one will get to know who typed this.

9 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by bukatyne(f): 8:11am On Nov 10, 2015
MMotimo:

At least 13 issues, if not more, from the 20 above can be tied into your choice of male partner (boyfriend or spouse), read and analyze carefully. Dear women, that is 100% your responsibility! Do not go and settle for someone who disparages you or treats you as inferior in any way.

With over 50% of the list under your control as a woman, be wise in your choice of association and marriage. To start with, place value on yourself, do nothing out of desperation nor frustration. Take your time in courtship, that is the time to know your man and learn if he truly complements you and if you can spend the rest of your life with his character. If you take your time in courtship, you will save yourself a lot of future heartache. Very few people will change after marriage, don't deceive yourself.

As for the other societal mumblings about don't buy a car or expensive things before you marry, that is typical Naja interference after all we love to mind other people's business. I doubt that a girl who really needs a car and can afford it would take that advice.

Since forever, Naija women have purchased expensive things even if they have to go aborrowing so still not sure where that came from?

As for loose women staying in hotels, that is the point at which I start to wonder about that Writer's location? Which part of Nigeria exactly? Perhaps in the North where it is a more conservative society? There has to be context to these generalizations. Naija women should not get all riled up and adopt a cloak of victimhood because someone wakes up and starts to make sweeping statements about their lives. A write up like this is just to wind women up and apparently, it is succeeding.

More importantly, Nairalanders, how are you helping with these issues?

How many women here would be open to contributing to a fund to educate village girls whose parents deny an education because of affordability (not because of cultural values)?

When a girl dumps an overbearing, domineering boyfriend, are you giving her encouragement or are you telling her she should have endured because she's getting old or because the guy is rich?

When your sister is aging before your eyes because her husband won't assist with chores and they can't afford a housekeeper, are you offering free childcare to her on the weekends? Can you take her money and help buy her groceries when you go and buy yours since she already married the "monster"

Or is it easier to just post on threads about the plight of the victimized Naija woman then logout and forget about it

#howareyouhelping

@Bold:

So so on point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lady Told She Would Amount To Nothing By Grandparents, Finally Graduates / Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? / Is Cheating Enough Reason To Leave A Legal Marriage ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.