Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? (5757 Views)

Poll: Would you?

No its not my business: 45% (18 votes)
Yes married is sacred: 55% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Follows His Married Friend To Honeymoon (Photo) / Man Padlocks Girlfriend's Pant To Prevent Her From Cheating (photos) / How To Stop Your Man From Cheating: The Very Weird But Very Workable Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by mrsb(f): 11:40am On May 13, 2009
Guys, here is a hypothetical question for you……,

If you see a married friend of yours about to make a stupid mistake with a chick – do you call him out? Let’s say you’re really good friends with his wife, Godfather to his kids etc. There are no issues in the marriage, it is just a stupid drunken situation and you can see your boy is about to cross the line.

Would you look the other way?
Would you take him aside and tell him to chill?
Would you get the chick away?
Or would you pat him on the back and say go on my son?

I ask because as a woman I wanted to step into such a situation recently and my husband told me to back off, that its none of my business. I’m really tormenting myself about it. I know his wife well and the guy was well out of line.  undecided
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by opsydudu(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2009
what is my business?

instead i will encourage him and support him. Everything is different now since sex is so cheap and everywhere, he has to make mistakes to learn from such mistakes. Ladies know that men are married but they still go ahead to date them.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 13, 2009
HELL NO. i have seen to many times couple turn on each other for thing bigger than cheating and then reconcile. i dont want to be in between people 's business. if an adult friend of mine decides/thinks that, his life would be better if he had some toto on the side then i have absolutely no say in the matter. i might advise him that his marriage might be in jeopardy but since he is surely an adult, he must already know about that.
TO EACH THEIR OWN!!!

now if he is going to commit a crime then YES i might stop that fool and bitch slap him back to reality!
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by bblacky(f): 12:20pm On May 13, 2009
go and receive d female insult of: y are u interferng in my affairs wont u mind ur f***kn business.

i wont, ooooooooooooo, will jst look sideways, waka pass jare, wetin concern agboro with overload
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by JJYOU: 12:22pm On May 13, 2009
mrsb:

If you see a married friend of yours about to make a stupid mistake with a chick – do you call him out? Let’s say you’re really good friends with his wife, Godfather to his kids etc. There are no issues in the marriage, it is just a stupid drunken situation and you can see your boy is about to cross the line.

Would you take him aside and tell him to chill?
Would you get the chick away?
Or would you pat him on the back and say go on my son?

I ask because as a woman I wanted to step into such a situation recently and my husband told me to back off, that its none of my business. I’m really tormenting myself about it. I know his wife well and the guy was well out of line.  undecided
sorry even if there were plenty issues in the marriage i would personally ask for a stop. if he insist in continuing that is his signal my opinions dont matter to him.

sadly i had to call the cuttons on a good friend last year cos my mrs was feeling uncomfortable with his presence. i had spoken to him several times personally but the best he could come up with was "i wont bring her to your house" that was not good enough.

it is everyone right to do whatever they wish. it is my right too to demand i dont be associated with bad behaviour.  

what if the wife came to meet you there?  what if it was your husband and she knew what would you expect she does? show me your friends as they say
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 13, 2009
If you see someone about to make a mistake, its your responsibility to try to stop him/her. If you are really his friend, you owe him that much.

I dont think that's interferance.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by tkb417(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2009
where is the mistake here?

a guy trying to woo a gurl is a mistake?

abeggi
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by ElRazur: 6:03pm On May 13, 2009
Is your friend a grown man? Has he got pubes on his privates? Is he working and have his own source of income? Is he cute and ladies love him? If you answer yes to any of the questions I suggest you mind you own damn business.

grin

I will not stop a grown man from doing what he seems to enjoy. He is not affecting or hurting anyone. Yes he is not hurting anyone, what the wife don't know wont hurt. smiley

Ujujoan:

If you see someone about to make a mistake, its your responsibility to try to stop him/her. If you are really his friend, you owe him that much.

I dont think that's interferance.

One man's mistake is another man's right, correct and morally acceptable answer! grin
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by IFELEKE(m): 6:12pm On May 13, 2009
mrsb:

YES I will look the other way while he performs the act but I MIGHT talk to him sometimes later when he is in a sober mood.(Might in quote)
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by oleigh(m): 6:51pm On May 13, 2009
Wat if you keep telling you friend and he refuses because i'm having a case like dat even on the day of his introduction one girl still dey wait for my friend,wetin we go kall dat one.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Czarskit(m): 8:20pm On May 13, 2009
~ I've been taught to always mind my biz. I'ld only stop him if he's not in a right state of mind. I'l neva support him though. ~
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by omega25red(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2009
funny, i have friend who is married and cheating on his wife the thing is the woman he is cheating with doesn't even look better than his wife and i keep asking him why he is trying to throw his married life away but he continues to act like he is a player. All i can say is if you have a marriedfriend who is cheating remind them of how they would loose everything they have worked hard for and if they dont listen sit back and watch the explosion when the shti hits the fan

1 Like

Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by sillyboy(m): 12:43am On May 14, 2009
@ Topic.

Nope. . . . . .infact, I will encourage him. But if the friend is a "she", she must not cheat ooo. , . . . .(women are not allowed to cheat from the village I come from)
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Nautillus(m): 12:50am On May 14, 2009
Guy to guy. . . .cool. . .
female to MALE. . .or Male to Female. . .not so good. smiley
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Busybody2(f): 1:38am On May 14, 2009
I would exterminate the dude's passion by tongue lashing him so that his thing would not be able to rise to the occasion, but would not tell the woman anything cool

omega25red:

funny, i have friend who is married and cheating on his wife the thing is the woman he is cheating with doesn't even look better than his wife . . .

That has always been the case since time immemorial cheesy
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Nobody: 1:42am On May 14, 2009
Yes, I'll burst his bubbles.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Nobody: 1:44am On May 14, 2009
sillyboy:

@ Topic.

Nope. . . . . .infact, I will encourage him. But if the friend is a "she", she must not cheat ooo. , . . . .(women are not allowed to cheat from the village I come from)
Wole, I hope you don't think your post was funny.

Cuz it's NOT!!! angry angry

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sexist!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:48am On May 14, 2009
The rules of engagement still hasnt changed.

"Dont concern yourself with shit that aint none of your business".

If I were out with the boys and my best friend is about to cheat on his wife with some lady, I would simply hand him a condom with a note on it saying "Dont get caught buddie".

I dont know bout girls, but boys will rarely disuade a fellow boy from cheating on their spouses. It part of the unwritten rule, somewhere close to the "dont rat" rule.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by savanaha: 1:50am On May 14, 2009
Okija_juju:

The rules of engagement still hasnt changed.

"Dont concern yourself with shit that aint none of your business".

If I were out with the boys and my best friend is about to cheat on his wife with some lady, I would simply hand him a condom with a note on it saying "Dont get caught buddie".

I dont know bout girls, but boys will rarely disuade a fellow boy from cheating on their spouses. It part of the unwritten rule, somewhere close to the "dont rat" rule.

Thats how StIs and STDs spread but I guess the spread of diseases come with the unwritten rule in the "don't snitch code" that guys are born with. Girls have our own girl version but it is usually practiced by those of low moral fiber.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:04am On May 14, 2009
Dont hate the player dear, its just what it is.

In all my life, I am yet to hear a guy say to another guy "Oboy no carry that babe o!, if Karo hear am or catch you, she go vex". No not once.
So I guess it must be part of the unwritten law.
I have seen my girl friends boyfriends cheat on them in front of me, just cos they know I will not tattle.

This is one of those situations were right is wrong and wrong is right. (get my drift?) undecided
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by savanaha: 2:09am On May 14, 2009
Okija_juju:

Dont hate the player dear, its just what it is.

In all my life, I am yet to hear a guy say to another guy "Oboy no carry that babe o!, if Karo hear am or catch you, she go vex". No not once.
So I guess it must be part of the unwritten law.
I have seen my girl friends boyfriends cheat on them in front of me, just cos they know I will not tattle.

This is one of those situations were right is wrong and wrong is right. (get my drift?) undecided

I have had guys with balls almost fight other guys for cheating on other girls. But I guess when you are afraid of another person it is justified by calling it tattling.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:28am On May 14, 2009
Picture this.

Its boys night out! after a few bottles, one decides to take a strange girl to bed, what would you do??

Talk to him bout breaking his girlsfriends heart?? or bout STD's??

HELLZ NO!! You would be looked on as not being a real dude/big boy/correct man e.t.c. You women might not see that as a problem but we guys dont do that. Its so bad that if you happened to be out with your boyfriend and witness such an act, and dare speak out or to the guy bout it, you may not know it but you are making your man look bad in front of his homies.

Inasmuch as I know its wrong, its the norm. WHo are we to change it!!
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by biina: 4:55am On May 14, 2009
I don't keep friends that cheat on their partners.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by spoilt(f): 5:28am On May 14, 2009
one thing ive learnt is to only give advice to real friends. If you are not in my inner circle or dont ask my opinion i say nothing. Ive dragged many a friend both male and female back from the brink of adultery. Its overrated. Its cheap thrills and after the highs and the cheap sex, theres nothing left. My take has always been to fight to keep your family together. Thats all you really have.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:36am On May 14, 2009
Women can do that, Men dont!
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by mrsb(f): 10:06am On May 14, 2009
Wow. Thanks for all the responses. Some varied morals here on NL!

Update on the situation - the wife found out (nothing to do with me - I took all your advice!!!). She is totally devastated, threatened to leave with kids etc but has chosen to forgive her husband - he swears it was a one off mistake and is genuinely remorseful. He's said all the right things and seems to mean them shocked. Not sure if she'll really manage to move on properly - forgiving is one thing but forgetting is another. She's turned to the bible for comfort so good luck to her.

As for me - she doesn't know I was there so I guess she doesn't need to know. I feel bad. I really liked her husband - he seemed like a cool guy who adored her and the kids but I have now lost all respect for him, even if it was a "one off act of destructive behaviour".
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by mrsb(f): 10:08am On May 14, 2009
Sorry - one last thing. He got busted cos she went through his phone - WHEN ARE THESE GUYS GOING TO LEARN - DELETE DELETE DELETE. shocked shocked shocked

In this situation as a one-off - I honestly believe she didn't need to know so he could have saved her a lot of heartache by following the simple rules. CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. smiley
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by bluespice(f): 11:00am On May 14, 2009
yes i will as many times as possible
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by kshow1(m): 11:16am On May 14, 2009
"birds of same character flocks together" for a guy to be bold enough to carry a chick in your presence means he knows or thinks you do the same thing.
statictics have shown that 98 % of married men still throw passes outside.
ENI TI ILE BA MO BA NI BARAWO.

NOTE : THESE DOES NOT APPLY TO WOMEN OOOO.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by Ben13: 11:20am On May 14, 2009
I'll stay cool and watch.
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by kakaya: 11:25am On May 14, 2009
i think i'll give him/her a piece of my mind, at least to free my conscience. the thing is some do it for fun because its being their way of life before marriage and they cant just stop it! God help us o,
Re: Would You Stop Your Married Friend From Cheating? by bluespice(f): 11:33am On May 14, 2009
yes!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy Dating Service / Nayah / Ladies Do This To Me Because I'm Too Handsome?? + PHOTOS N My PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.