Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience (5808 Views)

OPINION: Buhari Is To Blame For Recent Biafra Agitations- By Femi Aribisala / Britain Finally Speak Out On The Recent Biafra Agitations / The Mistake Nigeria Made During The Biafra Uprising 1967 - 1970. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 07, 2015
I was a simple man, who only wish everything would be alright one-day.. I always listen to news and frown at how much violence therein...we Igbo used to manage the little portion of the loot Nigeria has always given...some of us swallowed lots of insults from ppl whom see Nigeria as their fathers Estate ''its obvious no Igbo man has such powers'

From 1970 everything was all talk, rumors, words,views, Individual treatments, personal experience, regional hate, sectional reflexes, my brother it was all talk and all small deeds until Buahri came into power.. despite all the anti-Igbo speeches credited to him by 'ruthless' PDP which most are true, he still went ahead to prove PDP right to Ndigbo with his lopsided appointments which as we speak now their is no Igbo man on the security table of this country now, if anything of security importance is discoursed Igbos will hear it from rumors only.
With his appointments he confirmed the years long suspense, rumors, fears, talks, individual ill-treatments of Igbos, he confirmed to Igbo youths all the stories they where told by their fathers and all the campaign propaganda by the PDP machine,.

BUHARI INTENTIONALLY DEEP HIS 5 FINGERS INTO THE EYES OF NDIGBO!

Note: I don't expect anyone to share my thought on this issues, especially non-igbos...because you may need to be Igbo youth to feel the way I feel at least.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 07, 2015
I Concur !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by xpac01(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2015
You're very right bro. And what surprises me is that the president seems to be intentionall quiet on this matter, is like saying "I do what I want those guys should do their worst". This is so unwise by someone who is supposed to be father of all regions in this country. PMB just got to wake on this matter before he uses his own hands and sour the soup. It's very delicate.

8 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 07, 2015
You are right bro. Whoever that is honest knows that the above are the contemporary contributory factors to the recent uprising but because of ethnic sentiments they wouldn't opine such.

I perceive the presidency itself wants the Igbo's to part ways with the rest of the country.

7 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 07, 2015
xpac01:
You're very right bro. And what surprises me is that the president seems to be intentionall quiet on this matter, is like saying "I do what I want those guys should do their worst". This is so unwise by someone who is supposed to be father of all regions in this country. PMB just got to wake on this matter before he uses his own hands and sour the soup. It's very delicate.

He hates Igbos and their is nothing anyone could say about it....I sometime wonder the kind gaze he would be given Ogbonaya Onu sometimes.
Just that he doesn't have much choices about him that's why he is around, but Ogbonaya Onu's time will soon come.

5 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Bubewilson:
You are right bro. Whoever that is honest knows that the above are the contemporary contributory factors to the recent uprising but because of ethnic sentiments they wouldn't opine such.

I perceive the presidency itself wants the Igbo's to part ways with the rest of the country.

All his actions are preplanned.....He already planned everything he is doing even before campaigns and elections....so one can't claim it's because Igbos didn't vote for him or anything....remember he said ''I am President to all Nigerians''

5 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Duru1(m): 7:17am On Nov 07, 2015
How could the dumbass like the group of people he personally gunned down in July, 1966? It is a shame he even nursed the idea of campaigning in Igbo land. If Igbo land is in USA, the scumbag would have been dead or resigned to a wheelchair.

7 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2015
Duru1:
How could the dumbass like the group of people he personally gunned down in July, 1966? It is a shame he even nursed the idea of campaigning in Igbo land. If Igbo land is in USA, the scumbag would have been dead or resigned to a wheelchair.

He is on a VENGEANCE mission...who knows what happened to him then shocked
maybe he was captured, tortured, humiliated and then set free and he vowed to retaliate.

Now he is got his chance...wow!

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by IAMTHEHERO: 7:39am On Nov 07, 2015
The op,these things were not revealed to you by flesh or blood but by the spirit. You are 100% correct. Still it is not too late,PMB should try and find out what they want.Send the press to them to interview some of them. Then read the newspapers by so doing he will get first class information on why they are agitating. Nigeria is still yet to get a good leader.Let APC and PMB take a clue from Ayo Fayose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by wisdomguy4u(m): 7:44am On Nov 07, 2015
Like the appointment saga weren't enough, Buhari's went ahead to make that 5% and 95% speech in US. You do not take a major tribes like the Igbo for granted and expect no reaction.

A president is suppose to be the father of all irrespective of tribe, who vote for him and who doesn't. If an Igbo man as the president had done to hausa/fulani what buhari had done to Igbos in this few months, hell would have went loose.

5 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Pavarottii(m): 7:48am On Nov 07, 2015
Am not Igbo! But I agree with ur post.

7 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by huptin(m): 7:55am On Nov 07, 2015
Was there a biafran uprising? Nobody in Lagos seems to be aware of that.

3 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Babalegba(m): 8:02am On Nov 07, 2015
Zinicc:
I was a simple man, who only wish everything would be alright one-day.. I always listen to news and frown at how much violence therein...we Igbo used to manage the little portion of the loot Nigeria has always given...some of us swallowed lots of insults from ppl whom see Nigeria as their fathers Estate ''its obvious no Igbo man has such powers'

From 1970 everything was all talk, rumors, words,views, Individual treatments, personal experience, regional hate, sectional reflexes, my brother it was all talk and all small deeds until Buahri came into power.. despite all the anti-Igbo speeches credited to him by 'ruthless' PDP which most are true, he still went ahead to prove PDP right to Ndigbo with his lopsided appointments which as we speak now their is no Igbo man on the security table of this country now, if anything of security importance is discoursed Igbos will hear it from rumors only.
With his appointments he confirmed the years long suspense, rumors, fears, talks, individual ill-treatments of Igbos, he confirmed to Igbo youths all the stories they where told by their fathers and all the campaign propaganda by the PDP machine,.

Note: I don't expect anyone to share my thought on this issues, especially non-igbos...because you may need to be Igbo youth to feel the way I feel at least.
Stop lying. The shame of losing the election made the ibos to suddenly remember biafra. They are doing it to cover their shame.

10 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by GentleToks(m): 8:06am On Nov 07, 2015
Rubbish you wrote up there!!!!

Igbos of today are as useless as their progenitors. Yes, you guys are nothing but worthless and greedy animals in human skin.

Tell me one good thing that has ever come out of your region towards Nigeria as Nation and other Nigerians?

The problem of Igbos is quite simple but they have chosen to be a Judge in their own case or their behaviour towards others despite all complaints about their repulsive attitude towards others. As an individual, if a friend calls your attention to certain attitude of yours towards him, would you ignore him and tell him to go to hell or take a look into what he is complaining about as a good friend?

Marginalisation.

I was 6 years old when i began to read and listen to this marginalisation rhetoric from Igbos. It has always been their bargaining tools when it comes to Federal appointments or federal presence in South East but over the years, other Nigerians have got used to this marginalisation rhetoric and it doesn't make any sense to them anymore.

Historically, Igbos have enjoyed federal appointments and presence than any tribe in the south. It amazes me when i heard or read about this Igbos marginalisation.

From independence till date, Igbos has benefited most from central government than any tribe in the south. I want you to take a look at the list of Igbos appointees in 1st Republic and 2nd Republic.

Igbos formed the first government with hausas/fulanis and this alliance was what made Nnamdi Azumi we

The igbo coup came which eventually destroyed our flourishing regional system.

Civil war came and gone

2nd Republic was Igbos and hausas/Fulanis government again and that produced Alex Ekwueme.

Go and read your history....

10 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by azzima(m): 8:08am On Nov 07, 2015
If I was Buhari, I would do worse. Shebi Igbos said they don't want appointments abi? ?? All they want is Biafra,so what's the point wasting the Government resources and time??Furthermore, the last election has revealed that if 150% of Igbos voted against Buhari,he will still win CONVINCINGLY. So what's the point of appeasing people whose hatred for others is so innated that even if you give them the entire Appointments,they still won't change. Igbos are likened to a billion Dollars at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. ......it's useless!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Babalegba:
Stop lying. The shame of losing the election made the ibos to suddenly remember biafra. They are doing it to cover their shame.

Thank God I am not your teacher, it would have been a tough job to tutor you.

At least you acknowledged there is a reason....next!

6 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by johnwizey: 8:22am On Nov 07, 2015
When GEJ had all the ibos he wanted in his government nobody complained now PMB chooses those he wants to work with, una don dey shout. If you are not agitating for Biafra today, you are shouting marginalization tomorrow and PMB is barely up to 6months. Throughout the tenure of GEJ, you ppl didn't deem it fit to ask for Biafra den but when dere is change in power, na una dey shout pass for here. I am very sure if GEJ won d election, dere wont be all dese Biafras thread abound on nl. Maybe you expected him to continue ruling for life.
If truly you want Biafra recall all your reps at the house of rep and at the Senate too perhaps we can start taking you serious den.

NB: I am not against Biafra nor am I supporting it. Just wants you guys to be civil in ur doings and call for it the appropriate way not you shouting marginalization cos your son lose

5 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 07, 2015
johnwizey:
When GEJ had all the ibos he wants in his government nobody complained now PMB chooses those he wants to work with, una don dey shout. If you are not agitating for Biafra today, you are shouting marginalization tomorrow and PMB is barely up to 6months. Throughout the tenure of GEJ, you ppl didn't deem it fit to ask for Biafra den but when dere is change in power, na una dey shout pass for here

You can't make a reasonable point by lying....the call for Biafra has been since 196O.
Buhari fanned the fire...read my post again jooo...

2 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by johnwizey: 8:30am On Nov 07, 2015
Zinicc:

You can't make a reasonable point by lying....the call for Biafra has been since 196O.
Buhari fanned the fire...read my post again jooo...
But it has been quenched after the civil war.

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by omoelesa(m): 8:33am On Nov 07, 2015
When u people were enjoying all the appointment under Gej things were all right then, u people even taunted and insulted other tribe.Yorubas didnt get much attention under Gej,did they call for break up of nigeria.Now, that Gej is no longer in aso rock u sudenly biafra.U think u can blackmail us with biafra?

5 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2015
johnwizey:
But it has been quenched after the civil war.

'Quenched' you say....for your mind abi....

Yes all this is the meaning of quench in your zoo mentality.

Nigeria thinks you can quench fire with fire, funny country with funny citizens grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by johnwizey: 8:38am On Nov 07, 2015
Zinicc:

'Quenched' you say....for your mind abi....

Yes all this is the meaning of quench in your zoo mentality.

Nigeria thinks you can quench fire with fire, funny country with funny citizens grin grin grin grin grin
Oh oh.....You people still wants to die after wasting so many lives but I don't blame you sha.
Watch dis video and hear your acclaimed warlord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6XGRmCeug&itct=CB4QpDAYCiITCNzgx9Hm_cgCFcMCHAodm5AAmVIGb2p1a3d1&hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 07, 2015
omoelesa:
When u people were enjoying all the appointment under Gej things were all right then, u people even taunted and insulted other tribe.Yorubas didnt get much attention under Gej,did they call for break up of nigeria.Now, that Gej is no longer in aso rock u sudenly biafra.U think u can blackmail us with biafra?
we were quiet because gej promised resource control through the national conference.but buhari being from the north will never agree to that cos they are at the losing end
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by QuotaSystem: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2015
[b]1. Ibos hate Buhari, they showed it clearly and intensely during the campaigns.

2. Ibos hate and rejected the APC, which in conjunction with Buhari, determines appointments to be made.

3. Ibos made it clear to all, that they do not need Buhari's appointments to prosper. This was repeated and emphasized both online and offline. Ohaneze were specific on this.

4. Ibos claimed they are proudly 5%, and do not care about Buhari's presidency since the North that has been producing Presidents 'is not getting any better'.

5. Ibos called and still call Buhari an illiterate old dullard that lacks the capacity to govern, and have made it clear they want nothing to do with his administration. Ibos dipped their 5 fingers into Buhari's eyes during the campaigns but luckily for him they have now been proven to have zero electoral value.

6. Ibos were warned severally to not put all their eggs in one basket, but they shouted down the warning, now your faces are covered in broken eggs and you're looking for Buhari to blame.

Going by the above facts and comparing it to your post, the only logical conclusion is that you people are deeply confused. [/b]

Zinicc:

Bubewilson:
IAMTHEHERO:
The op,these things were not revealed to you by flesh or blood but by the spirit. You are 100% correct. Still it is not too late,PMB should try and find out what they want.Send the press to them to interview some of them. Then read the newspapers by so doing he will get first class information on why they are agitating. Nigeria is still yet to get a good leader.Let APC and PMB take a clue from Ayo Fayose.

5 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by omoelesa(m): 9:38am On Nov 07, 2015
vsaintchigs:
we were quiet because gej promised resource control through the national conference.but buhari being from the north will never agree to that cos they are at the losing end
Is a lie, which resource control,the national conference took place in the year 20014 and u people have been supporting Gej from the onset.

3 Likes

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by babyfaceafrica: 9:44am On Nov 07, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
you spoilt all you hve sid with fayose

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Goke7: 10:01am On Nov 07, 2015
What I can see here is some fellows are trying to patronise PMB despite all the insults they threw at him. So the Biafra agitations was about federal appointments afterall, no wonder PDP is so quiet and all the lawmakers from the east on the Biafra matter.

Na wa o, but these fellows should know that blackmail cannot be used to cow a leader like PMB, that have seen and fought wars so no bloody civilian can intimidate him

What I observed is that since the propaganda of islamization of Nigeria by buhari failed to sail thru, the Biafra mantra looks like a better option, next we will hear now is amnesty for all Biafra touts. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by LordNicvuitton(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2015
4 every silly comment from non- easterners, they help convert more of our un decided folks 2 join d struggle.. Biafra is dream that must be actualised, we teach our children n their children even unto d umpteenth generation about biafran struggle, never 2 forget d struggle until it is realised.. long live d land of d rising sun!
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2015
QuotaSystem:
[b]1. Ibos hate Buhari, they showed it clearly and intensely during the campaigns.

2. Ibos hate and rejected the APC, which in conjunction with Buhari, determines appointments to be made.

3. Ibos made it clear to all, that they do not need Buhari's appointments to prosper. This was repeated and emphasized both online and offline. Ohaneze were specific on this.

4. Ibos claimed they are proudly 5%, and do not care about Buhari's presidency since the North that has been producing Presidents 'is not getting any better'.

5. Ibos called and still call Buhari an illiterate old dullard that lacks the capacity to govern, and have made it clear they want nothing to do with his administration. Ibos dipped their 5 fingers into Buhari's eyes during the campaigns but luckily for him they have now been proven to have zero electoral value.

6. Ibos were warned severally to not put all their eggs in one basket, but they shouted down the warning, now your faces are covered in broken eggs and you're looking for Buhari to blame.

Going by the above facts and comparing it to your post, the only logical conclusion is that you people are deeply confused. [/b]

It's a pitty the things you call facts.....I told you I have changed boy!
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2015
johnwizey:
Oh oh.....You people still wants to die after wasting so many lives but I don't blame you sha.
Watch dis video and hear your acclaimed warlord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6XGRmCeug&itct=CB4QpDAYCiITCNzgx9Hm_cgCFcMCHAodm5AAmVIGb2p1a3d1&hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google

Yes please, we want to die...only that I aint dying alone...understand?
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2015
omoelesa:
Is a lie, which resource control,the national conference took place in the year 20014 and u people have been supporting Gej from the onset.
wait so u want us to support buhari whose comments in the 2011 election got many us killed think again my friend.if apc had brought anyother candidate apart from buhari maybe tins would not have been as they are today
Re: The Facts That Lead To The Recent Biafra Uprising: Igbo Youth's Experience by QuotaSystem: 10:58am On Nov 07, 2015
Those are cold hard facts and and I challenge you to dispute any of them. Only a coward denies things he did boldly in the past.

You cannot eat your cake and have it. You are reaping the fruits of the hatred you sowed, deal with it.

Any complaints just shows hypocrisy, lack of principle and complete confusion about what you desire.

Zinicc:

It's a pitty the things you call facts.....I told you I have changed boy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa's Most Powerful Man. (warning Lots Of Pictures). / Tension! Biafra Secret Service Training With N/D Guys,send Strong Warnin Buratai / Labour Party Releases Statement On Indicted And Expelled Former Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.