Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (69010 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by otiigba1(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2015
striker07:
Your response is highly fallacious
correct me then, i am willing to learn.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Dentale(m): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2015
Nigerians hate their Doctors and I don't understand why. I hear excuses like "they should have passion for human life, be selfless etc" but that's so unfair! Here's an overpopulated country with lack of infrastructure and primary Healthcare. Everyone is struggling but somehow the Doctors should do so without complaining? Yes there are quacks but every profession has its good and bad eggs. Not just medicine. Even kids are sent home when they don't pay school fees. Why are Teachers not merciful to teach them for free? Everybody claiming to be as important but the truth is that Healthcare is essential service. In a life and death situation, you won't remember your latest gadgets or how an Architect is also working very hard etc. These people are under pressure daily. Let me not even go into what I witnessed them go through while I was in University. Maybe things have changed now but back then, medical students were being overstretched. The truth is that the person who authorised this cut isn't going to be using these 15K Doctors. If they aren't flying abroad to treat a headache or check their BP, it's going to be a very well paid (or well settled) Doctor that's looking after them and their loved ones. Someone mentioned Doctors in Oil&Gas companies. Don't even go there. They earn wayyyyy more than 600K and I think it's because these companies value their staff including the Engineers and Chemists etc who need to be in top shape so they pay the Doctors well to maintain the health of their workforce. In the US, Doctors earn crazy money. Nurses and Pharmacists are well paid. I can't say for sure why but I think you will agree that if you heard about someone dying in the US, you can bet that the medical team gave 200% of their ability and beyond! That's a country that values human life and that's why rich folks go there for treatment. I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want a Doctor earning 15K and seeing up to 100 patients daily to be on duty if my life was in danger. Even when they move to private practice, Nigerians still want them to treat emergency cases without money. Not possible. I always advocate for people to take emergencies to Government hospitals. You cannot eat your cake and have it.
My advice to Doctors, if you can, please make the move to the US or UK or practice in Nigeria where you will be well renumerated and given the tools to work optimally. To whom much is given, much is expected. To whom less is given, less should also be expected.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Hahaha... At least you can now relate the fact that it is a food related problem combined with illiteracy... Goat nai you be, abok.i, sense you nor get.... Become a business man and not a doctor! Doctor nor fit you....you die well today.

Even the illiterates here know what their problem here is...so what does dat make you? A joke.

go on and solve Kwashiokwor with Engineering. chai! You suppose to be cleaning out toilets.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2015
iykedomino:

See who is telling me to become an entrepreneur.If u dont knw am into transportation n I currently have 2 ppl am paying n am expanding.U guys think our lives revolve only in the hospital.u r wrong dude..bt dat wont make me to take peanuts...so chill,its better u dont comment on wat u r not knowledgeable about.most ppl talking here have never been to any local govt in ebonyi let alone visiting their general hospitals.
Congrats sire but then I advise you to invest heavily in any sector and quit the peanuts you are receiving in a jiffy. Nigerians don't value professionals pay-wise. Even if they increase the pay to 130k now, it isn't uncommon to see NMA staging protests annually in this country..
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by arabianights: 9:40am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
What sort of rubbish is this? Does this government have any sense? How would you pay a certified medical doctor 15K

cc. lalasticlala

I really am forcing my self not to accept that a state governent in Nigeria can be this silly....mscheeeww
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Even the illiterates here know what their problem here is...so what does dat make you? A joke.

go on and solve Kwashiokwor with Engineering. chai! You suppose to be cleaning out toilets.
Hahaha... Guy you be comedian. At least you already acknowledged the fact that it is a cause of illiteracy.. BTW, you should consider sending me a mail. I have a vacant position for the job of a fool (someone to make me laugh when I am bored) and my shoe shiner.. grin LOL
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by iykedomino(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Congrats sire but then I advise you to invest heavily in any sector and quit the peanuts you are receiving in a jiffy. Nigerians don't value professionals pay-wise. Even if they increase the pay to 130k now, it isn't uncommon to see NMA staging protests annually in this country..

Talk is cheap.I still maintain that u calm down n listen when u dont understand sth..be slow to speak and quick to listen..meanwhile I assure you d state govt wont pay that ridiculous amount.Nigerians r hypocrites,u want a Dr to work for free,bt wen he enters ur shop to buy sth u hype the prize,he pays house rents,childrens school fees,takes care of his parents,saves life...If u were not immunised against polio n others by health workers,u might not have been able to be d so called engineer.Like I said,talk is cheap.I rest my case...take care
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 9:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Guy go open warehouse make you enter importation...hahahaha.... Doctor nor fit you, quack! Yes you are a quack if you are a doctor! All professionals in Nigeria are poorly paid, then why must you come here to say na only Medicine be the KING for Nigeria?

You have a problem with your soul.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by magicminister: 9:45am On Nov 08, 2015
redcliff:

All corpers should be treated equal.. simple!

Yes, all corpers should be paid according to the services they render.
Not everyone can be a medical practitioner.
They are a rare breed. Over 6 years through school and 1 year housemanship....
Come on!! Lets be fair.

As we can see, any one can be a primary/sec school teacher but only a doctor/nurse/pharm can be a doc/nurse/pharm.

I know alot of people envy the fat allowances of corper medical practitioners but instead of criticizing them, we should support them and also find what makes us unique.

They save lives, others teach in schools and help build a nation. Forget the salary difference and take pride in they own labour.

But if e too pain you, then go to med school.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Hahaha... Guy you be comedian. At least you already acknowledged the fact that it is a cause of illiteracy.. BTW, you should consider sending me a mail. I have a vacant position for the job of a fool (someone to make me laugh when I am bored) and my shoe shiner.. grin LOL

It is now Malnutrition causing illiteracy not the other way round. No wonder you employ foools cos you're the bos of them all..
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by realjennyTuz: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-KR2W7Dn0SvE/Vj5TMvyjzSI/AAAAAAAHPIY/6esPCjEeK-w/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

While Pharmacists & Nurses who were earning #91,000 and #79,000 respectively, are now to be paid 5k. Photo Credit: Twitter @obaino_

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/monthly-allowance-of-corper-doctors-in.html?m=1
lmao...dave umahi is not smiling atall..d money wey he use do campaign neva. Complete..until den ebonyians will continue with dere suffering and smiling
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2015
iykedomino:

Talk is cheap.I still maintain that u calm down n listen when u dont understand sth..be slow to speak and quick to listen..meanwhile I assure you d state govt wont pay that ridiculous amount.Nigerians r hypocrites,u want a Dr to work for free,bt wen he enters ur shop to buy sth u hype the prize,he pays house rents,childrens school fees,takes care of his parents,saves life...If u were not immunised against polio n others by health workers,u might not have been able to be d so called engineer.Like I said,talk is cheap.I rest my case...take care
Bros, I don't need to over stress the usefulness of Engineering. The Engineering profession has been bastardized by quacks that is why most Nigerians useless that field. Do you know that without Engineering, Medicine will be a nightmare? All engineering structures (static and dynamic) like Your hospitals, Cars etc. also all Engineering applications e.g your sets of tools (steel, metal etc.) for carrying out surgery, your stethoscope, your oscilloscope.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by d33types: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2015
BigBenoski:

Work experience? That was a very poor logic. Are you saying HND corpers should be paid 200k because they've worked for a year and 6 months? What form of f.uckery is this! It is called National Youth Service Corps for crying out loud. Again, I don't hate doctors,infact a number of my friends are medical doctors.. We all need them, just like we need the carpenters and everyone else. However, I have noticed a disgraceful trend in Naija medical doctors. Most of them went into medicine erroneously thinking there's money in medicine. Suddenly, in their 5th year at the university they discover that there's no special money in it. What happens? Frustration sets in, they start whining and many of them take up illegal D&C clinics and so many other despicable practices. IMO, people like you have no business in our hospitals. You'd be better in engineering where you have a chance of working in the oil sector.

I have nothing for you..

Personally I have had a thriving source of income long before medical school ..I read medicine for the passion and prestige and not for the money..I knew there wasn't much money (I had doctors all around growing up)..
Unfortunately , there's nothing here again..no prestige..no nothing ..Just retardeens wanting me to use my own money to treat them and still pay me nothing..
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Seculent: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2015
ehix89:
noo ooo, okpa,,,lubish
What are you saying?
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

It is now Malnutrition causing illiteracy not the other way round. No wonder you employ foools cos you're the bos of them all..
Mumu... You wanna narrow the argument? instead of you to complain about how poorly euipped the hospitals are, you dey here dey talk of money.. I used to think you guys value life first but na money.. Ole!! Go carry gun.. Thief.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 9:59am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Mumu... You wanna narrow the argument? instead of you to complain about how poorly euipped the hospitals are, you dey here dey talk of money.. I used to think you guys value life first but na money.. Ole!! Go carry gun.. Thief.

You don run go "poorly equiped hospital" again? Shey nah lack of CT scan deh cause Kwashiokor again? cos e dey Engineering related nah...

King of fools...Hebephrenic Schizophrenic.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by jayriginal: 10:00am On Nov 08, 2015
nenyibabs:

To be honest, no. It's not an incentive, it is their pay. You probably didn't get to know details. Doctors, Pharmacists, Med Lab scientists are on a salary structure from the time they graduate, when they do the mandatory 1yr internship: conmess for doctors, conhess for others. They are not on the regular civil service salary structure, theirs is peculiar. The pay is structured : there is a basic salary, which every corper gets, then they get paid call duty allowance, because when others work and go home, they are on duty. They get a hazard allowance cos of the risk of infection and stuff (remember Adadevoh?). Etc etc. It's mandated by law, and even in private practice the pay is broken down like this as well.

Now, I'm looking at 15k. Is that supposed to be call allowance, or basic, or... what exactly, it has to be specified. What most people do, is to remove or slash the basic, and keep the allowances as per the salary structure. The emollument is stated by law and enshrined in the public service Gazette or whatever it is called.

Well, it's up to the corpers involved Sha, but I don't know any health worker who does not consider nysc a demotion after the one yr internship. I wouldn't stay, if it was me. I remember when I served in 04, and I was placed on the wrong salary scale in nasarawa state then. I out rightly refused it. I went to the directorate in Abuja, got a copy of the Gazette, and wrote the management, telling them to correct my placement or officially reject me so I could seek reposting. It was finally rectified after 2months and I got my arrears, though I was branded a greedy igbo girl. Even in 04,my call duty allowance as a Pharmacist was more than the 15k self.

My point is this: if someone is entitled to something by law, let them have it. It's not wrong for someone to ask for what is due to them. If there is going to be a downward review, I don't expect it to go beyond 100, cos I don't see where and where they will slash the pay from, unless the state is saying that they will only pay hazard allowance only, no call, no basic, nothing else. Let them explain details to the corpers involved and release those who don't want to stay, to go and look for their destiny elsewhere.

Anyways, not my monkey, not my circus. To each his own.

I like the way you responded with detailed facts. However I'm fully aware of all you said. Most of my friends are doctors by the way. The last time there was a strike by health workers, I was one of the few people who defended the doctors here on nairaland where everyone else was calling them greedy and all sorts of things.

The point I tried to make is that this is Youth Service. Its a service to the nation. Its not a job for doctors. They make special concessions for corper doctors so that they stay, especially those posted to the interior areas. That's the truth.

When something becomes the norm, its easy to lose sight of the origins of a particular practice.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by iykedomino(m): 10:02am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Bros, I don't need to over stress the usefulness of Engineering. The Engineering profession has been bastardized by quacks that is why most Nigerians useless that field. Do you know that without Engineering, Medicine will be a nightmare? All engineering structures (static and dynamic) like Your hospitals, Cars etc. also all Engineering applications e.g your sets of tools (steel, metal etc.) for carrying out surgery, your stethoscope, your oscilloscope.
Good,we r getting somewhere...Now can you give me the skills n d type of job a corper engineer does...APART FROM TEACHING
Then compare it with what a corper Dr,pharmacist,nurse does? Can u see the wild difference.Do u even knw that all d corper health workers need license to be able to serve.Do u an engineering corper work with any professional licence.Do u knw how many lives the ebonyi state camp clinic saved wen we were in camp...And after teaching in a secondary school without even a work experience you want to earn thesame with a certified Dr(with a practising license) working almost all day in a hospital and even GENERATING FUNDS FOR THE GOVT.Yes I mean ot,generating funds....Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2015
angiography:

You take more risk while teaching in the classroom as a teacher??...lmao
Mumu

I didn't teach in the class

Even corpers that teach in the classroom should earn up to 100k if doctors would be paid 130k

For your ídiotic information, i served in 2010 ( Agip Delta state)
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by sparkleRed(f): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2015
BigBenoski:
You guys should also understand that ebonyi state doesn't have a lot of money right now, and this is NYSC..they are supposed to be volunteering .. Wait a minute, you mean these people were actually paid 130k monthly WTF!! How much were the engineers and other corps members paid?? If I be the governor, I go pay everybody 15k flat. When they are done with NYSC and get a job of their choice, they can then negotiate whatever pay they want. Nawa o

Study medicine and surgery or any medical course and knw y it's different 4rm engineering and sociology, then u cn come back and talk of y they re paid differently smiley
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2015
drehdinho:

Is this funny? Am seriously shaking my head for you.
The matter here is so serious that don't know what to even say. I know some people are happy about this. But let me tell you the truth. If care is not taken in Nigeria. Very soon, Nigeria will colapse. Our politicians think they are wise. One day, the masses will be able to fight this ill,wicked and stupid politicians calling themselves our leaders. Suffice to say much about the wasteful lifestyles of some of our useless politicians. We aall know that an average politician who doesn't do half-quarter of what a nurse or doctor does ,will receive more than One hundred and thirty thousand naira (130k) in a week-either as a bribe or as a result of money paid from invisible contract he just won-to now pay this same amount monthly is difficult. Doctors and Nurses need to be renumerated heavily because wether we like it or not they are the most important body in any society. Without them ,believe you me,50% of people living would have been dead by now. Not to even mention the fact that their work is tasking and strenuous. Most Doctors and Nurses hardly sleep in order for you and I to sleep and have a normal life ahead.
Like seriously,our Country Nigeria needs serious and dedicated leader who would always wake up to the masses' complaints . A leader who would not just sit in Aso Rock and be spewing immaterialistic statements.
I know that this is not funny.

But this people are just corpers, there are not even a real Doctor, that's why you will see many hospital who lack the ability to take care of patients.

Our hospital system is even worse.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

You don run go "poorly equiped hospital" again? Shey nah lack of CT scan deh cause Kwashiokor again? cos e dey Engineering related nah...

King of fools...Hebephrenic Schizophrenic.

Hahaha... Guy you like business ehnn... Go learn trade o. BUsiness man. Kwashiokor can be prevented before it occurs and that is not the job of a doctor! Go ask your oga for hospital or your lecturer, even me when I do biology last some years ago understand that.. You nor dey grateful to Engineering o, without Engineering which phone or pc you for dey use dey insult your head online? I nor blame you sha...abo.ki
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by sparkleRed(f): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2015
sonofananimal:

But this people are just corper, there are not even a real Doctor, that's why you will see many hospital who lack the ability to take care of patients.

Dis is where u are wrong they re doctors! They have done housemansip, gotten their licenses, wat more classify dem as doctors?, housemanship is for a year and dis is d period they practicalise fully wat they have been taught in medical sch, before coming to serve and they earn more during housemanship dat during service year smiley
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 08, 2015
commitcrime:

Dullard

A Corper medical doctor is a certified full practitioner
ur papa na dullard...until dey r given d discharge cert, dats wen nysc no gt power over dem.for nw anything dey c make dem take.oya kill urself. jew
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 08, 2015
angiography:

You're still not making sense
oya am sorry, sue me. @least u understand dat one nw
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2015
iykedomino:

Good,we r getting somewhere...Now can you give me the skills n d type of job a corper engineer does...APART FROM TEACHING
Then compare it with what a corper Dr,pharmacist,nurse does? Can u see the wild difference.Do u even knw that all d corper health workers need license to be able to serve.Do u an engineering corper work with any professional licence.Do u knw how many lives the ebonyi state camp clinic saved wen we were in camp...And after teaching in a secondary school without even a work experience you want to earn thesame with a certified Dr(with a practising license) working almost all day in a hospital and even GENERATING FUNDS FOR THE GOVT.Yes I mean ot,generating funds....Hypocrisy
That is why it is Engineers that should be complaining and not doctors! A professional that spends Five Solid years in a conc. faculty like Engineering will be teaching. Where else if not Nigeria? Engineering is not a la cram la pour course like most Medical fied o.. I am not in anyway justifying the state government's action but I hate it when Doctors think all other field are useless except theirs..

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by haywire07(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2015
At least they will pay them d 15k . half bread is better than chin chin.
Wat if u served in a state where u re to be payed 130k bt u will never receive any throughout d service year . LIKE BENUE STATE.

Come today ,come 2morro...till.............
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 10:21am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Hahaha... Guy you like business ehnn... Go learn trade o. BUsiness man. Kwashiokor can be prevented before it occurs and that is not the job of a doctor! Go ask your oga for hospital or your lecturer, even me when I do biology last some years ago understand that.. You nor dey grateful to Engineering o, without Engineering which phone or pc you for dey use dey insult your head online? I nor blame you sha...abo.ki

You guys are so shamelessly and hopelessly myopic. You childishly resort to phone & pc when you're dumbfounded....since d Stone Ages Medicine has been and will continue to be even when Engineering fizzles out. Medicine is constant, others assist.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by flintoo(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2015
Me collect 15k per month? I dey mad... I earn from 122k to 15k.. Lol.. And I dey complain for the 122k sef..
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2015
sparkleRed:

Dis is where u are wrong they re doctors! They have done housemansip, gotten their licenses, wat more classify dem as doctors?, housemanship is for a year and dis is d period they practicalise fully wat they have been taught in medical sch, before coming to serve and they earn more during housemanship dat during service year smiley
hmmmm! Unless that,
I do normally hear that after your nysc you will have to do some training (don't know what there call it) for you to even have a license to practice on your qualification.

Maybe I'm wrong
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by armadeo(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2015
Typical Nigerians displaying thier PHD syndrome. Instead of asking for upward review of theirs they want a downward review of yours.

Haters will always hate.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by drehdinho(m): 10:31am On Nov 08, 2015
sonofananimal:

But this people are just corpers, there are not even a real Doctor, that's why you will see many hospital who lack the ability to take care of patients.

Let's call a spade a spade. It's not that sensible to slash our prospective medical practitioners' monthly allowance because they work even more than many of the bunch of fools calling themselves politicians. Has anyone heard of politicans review their monthly allowance only to come with the decision to slash it?
My fellow Nigerians,this is modern slavery, unfortunately coming from our own. Youths need to use all available means to tackle all these good for nothing,old and stupid men using politics to rob off innocent Nigerians of what belongs to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Corper In Court For Having Sex With Married Woman / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.