Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (68850 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ODUBEZE: 8:10am On Nov 08, 2015
kinibigdeal:
That the only thing they can do to survive for now, state's monthly allocation is depleting delay, and they have bills to foot. corps members will have to adapt to the harsh economic condition under this new government
Omo, this batch will be like what kind of luck is this? why now? why me?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mrphysics(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
TruthTella:

And Physics graduates will always remain poor and average whether they seek other means of survival or not.
Where did I write about superiority of medicine over other professions?
Can you read at all?

You see how you have started exposing your inferiority complex in your posts because you are blinded by hatred. I never said any profession is inferior or superior, stop attributing your own negative opinions to my post.
And I never said doctors should earn 130k while others earn 60k. This is what I said.

I say it again; If you feel your profession should get the same thing as doctors then fight for it instead of wishing for the downfall of others.
mumu, d reason u went for medicine is so u will save ur family from poverty, and dat is why u careless abt adding value and depend solely on d pay afterwards. I hav u type, medical students and doctors who will never come out from the RAT RACE u r into. wen u want to talk abt ur net worth and mine den u open a thread for dat and evidence will speak for themselves. dis is d reason u r worthless outside ur profession. mumu receive sense today

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by azat: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
Certifiedboss:

Get informed bro. In Spain doctors are poorly paid . Don't say everywhere you go . Pilots are highly paid but in SA they are poorly paid. Advanced part of the world divers are highly paid but in Nigeria they are poorly paid .
I believe that under the NYSC platform everty graduate should be treated equally
I have seen your post, and I have chosen to ignore the direction you are going.

You sure know the points you made earlier that got me responding to your post.

I hope you have learnt one or two things though.

We should all eschew prejudice and embrace open mindedness.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Certifiedboss: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:
130k Now i see where my cousin got the cash to buy that Discussion Continue.....

if a corper earns 130k, abeg how much will he now earn when he is done with service.
Abeg house is it possible for me to do a change of course from Fine Art am studying now to Medicine

70% end up in private hospitals and get 60k monthly
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by iykedomino(m): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2015
Abdkimmy:
Every seems upset by the slash, well it is for corpers not the real doctors (practicing after NYSC), if any body says this is not fair, then what should Engineering corper says, no state has ever praise them on anything and yet here you are complaining about money slash. Oun pee.

See this mumu oo,who told u a corper Dr is not a real Dr..Nigerians r too daft n ignorant.Wat it takes to be a Dr with permanent licence is to complete your housemanship.With that u can practice anywhere without supervision.Corper Drs have done dat..they r only serving becos nysc is compulsory..
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pet4ril(f): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:

There are more risks in the engineering professions. That is exactly the reason you see "Safety First" at our work sites.
I remember when I had to service some equipment with a very hazardous chemical substance whose effects are as dire as that of EVD. That was during one of my holiday jobs at Egbin Power Plant.

Let's not pretend we are not seeing this. When a doctor makes a mistake, only a life or thereabout pays for it. Let a structural engineer makes such and I doubt if it won't be in our national dailies,
kk,with all these your listed hazards, will you be happy /work if your Allowance are slashed to this level?
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by dumodust(m): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:

That's unsurprising. The medical professional will continually see its prestige wane; as not as you are not ready to truly serve humanity. It seems you guys are only crazy about the financial benefits attached to the profession.
and dont be surprised with the results... pay less, die more... simple
Ebonyi that is remote with all its lassa fever problems want doctors to work for 15k... dreams, they rather stay at home and slug it through with their savings
and you that is commenting... what is stopping you from serving humanity and working for free with whatever you read...? It will greatly help humanity if you're pushing barrow for free rather than wasting all this time on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Certifiedboss: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2015
mrphysics:
this is the best thing d governor have done, if the doctors think they can get dat amount somewhere else let them apply of EXEMPTION letter. its d pain nd competition d PDP led administration supported in d name of 7yrs in d school. where they forced this is rubbish, a FIRST CLASS GRADUATE ASSISTANCE does nt collect dat amount monthly! I now see d reason why everyone wants to study d MEDICINE. BUT WAIT, if they earn dis much, why is t dat no medical can b counted as even the 10 richest in my place. HE. ENGR DAVE UMAHI has nt collected salary since he assumed office. common, let's b reasonable, they r many corpers that can work more than 24/7. what I read in UNN PHYSICS department, a medical student hav nt read t. some pharmacy students do come to my class to read at night, bt u will see dem sleep before 1a.m. why my class guys will b doing class discussion everyday till 3a.m, many medical students even fail PHYSICS in dia first yr or even get an E. this is CHANGE, it shud b looked into. what is gud for the goose is also gud for the gander

I read Physics . I can relate to what u saying bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by menix(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2015
Certifiedboss:

70% end up in private hospitals and get 60k monthly

U can't be serious with the 60k...
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pentalk(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2015
Some states don't even pay..that bad
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by dumodust(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2015
zed7:

Unfortunately for you my folks and i have access to real doctors. Stop ranting and take out the truth from what i said.
Nigeria is a failed system including the educational system. Most of you, assuming you are a doctor are not properly trained. You spend years in school but after graduating you are still not qualified to be called doctors in the developed society. Abi i lie?

My point is that i think our doctors are too arrogant even when we all know they are half baked. Nothing makes a doctor more special than any other professional. Policemen save lives and put their lives on the line also, yet there are also poorly paid.

The govt of Ebonyi is broke and u all are here lamenting. I earn more than majority of doctors i know and i will be willing to take a pay cut if need be because I'm passionate about my job.
since you're so concerned for ebonyi state, why dont you just send 75% of your salary there for humanity and beg your real doctors to go work in ebonyi (thats if they dont slap you)... thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Montaque(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
What sort of rubbish is this? Does this government have any sense? How would you pay a certified medical doctor 15K

cc. lalasticlala
and pay a certified engineer 5000?
Which of them isn't a professional.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mrphysics(m): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Is this English you wrote or Greek? you can't even put up a complete sentence without numerous blunders and wrong tenses and you'll blame government for your unemployment.

You just revealed your mindset filled with envy and hate. don't envy hardworking people cos you won't be successful in life if you do.
d reason u r here is just to fight for pay rise. u r medically deranged. idiot, what do u knw abt money. why will federal government pay u 19800 and u expect d state government to pay u millions. idiot, if u hav where to earn 140k per month why nt exempt urself from the service. d last time I checked INNOSON dnt know how to speak English bt he speaks the most important language, MONEY language, which is even giving u headache. come lets make money bro, and stop depending on ur SALARY. I REPEAT, EVEN IF U R PAID 130k, u will still b BELOW AVERAGE AND NOTHING ELSE

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by queenfav(f): 8:22am On Nov 08, 2015
awesome11:

I'm afraid you are being sentimental. You think the medical profession is a difficult one because of the risk of getting infections. What about the engineering professionals, more often than not, any safety mistake can send him/her and many others into their untimely graves.

You think 15k is not enough for the call allowance of medical practitioners during their service corp but should be enough for the upkeep of a trained architect. And don't go into that joke of Medicine being more stressful and financially demanding! Ask students of Architecture, your perception will change..
my dear there is risk in every profession.It doesn't make doctors any special.Try being a public defender to an armed robbery suspect.E fit slap you sef on top say na u dey do e case.If its the duration of study,law,engineering and architecture requires 6 years or more of your life.Besides,how many doctors are paid 130 in private clinics and hospitals?Many after school still look for jobs like the rest of us na.Its just those in govt agencies and hospitals that are paid well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Okpueze1(m): 8:22am On Nov 08, 2015
This is a welcome development and should be extended to the salary of lecturers. The margin they pay these corper docs etc is too much compared to what other corps members receive. The salary of Primary and Secondary school teachers should be increased. Many people now pay their way in to offer medicine etc in d University just for the PAY and not for the SERVICE of saving life. This causes upsurge in the amount of quack docs and other medical personnels in Nigeria. Those that went in for the sole purpose of the pay will reject this full time but it has COME TO STAY. Work or go! Kill patients with your embittered heart and wait for the wrath of God.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by iykedomino(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2015
People that have never been to ebonyi r here talking rubbish.Ebonyi wey Hiv full everywhere.You need to visit my hospital on Wednesdays.Hepatitis B everywhere..and one idiot dey slash my salary n the ignorant public they smile..pull him down syndrome.Thats why blacks will always be poor.Anyway,ebonyi ppl shud expect 15k service henceforth..no calls,work ends by 2pm.And since dey said we are not d real Drs,pharmacist etc,we wil start behaving like students..no treating of any patient..let their real health workers do that..Ignorant ppl.They r still comparing a teacher that dismisses work by 2pm..n lazing about with a Dr dat works almost all day...smh

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by mrphysics(m): 8:24am On Nov 08, 2015
Certifiedboss:

I read Physics . I can relate to what u saying bro
happy Sunday bro. u r very right. most of dem end up in private hospitals where they earn 60k monthly, and dat is why on d average, medical doctors are nt wealthy save they join politics or even medical business
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Burger01(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2015
BigBenoski:
You guys should also understand that ebonyi state doesn't have a lot of money right now, and this is NYSC..they are supposed to be volunteering .. Wait a minute, you mean these people were actually paid 130k monthly WTF!! How much were the engineers and other corps members paid?? If I be the governor, I go pay everybody 15k flat. When they are done with NYSC and get a job of their choice, they can then negotiate whatever pay they want. Nawa o
That's it. Well said. Serving your fatherland ain't the same as working in a government or private organisations. I just wonder why people won't get common sense when it matters most.. It abounds on nairalandundecided
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by TruthTella(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2015
mrphysics:
mumu, d reason u went for medicine is so u will save ur family from poverty, and dat is why u careless abt adding value and depend solely on d pay afterwards. I hav u type, medical students and doctors who will never come out from the RAT RACE u r into. wen u want to talk abt ur net worth and mine den u open a thread for dat and evidence will speak for themselves. dis is d reason u r worthless outside ur profession. mumu receive sense today
So you have decided to resort to insults because you realized that you embarassed yourself by misinterpreting my post?
Lmao grin
Anyway since I was trained to always act like a civilized human being instead of throwing unnecessary slurs, I will not join you in posting insults. But any insult you post to me henceforth will go back and meet you and your family in triplefold, in Jesus name, amen. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Bigajeff(m): 8:29am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-KR2W7Dn0SvE/Vj5TMvyjzSI/AAAAAAAHPIY/6esPCjEeK-w/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]

While Pharmacists & Nurses who were earning #91,000 and #79,000 respectively, are now to be paid 5k. Photo Credit: Twitter @obaino_

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/monthly-allowance-of-corper-doctors-in.html?m=1
This i called in my legal term Democracy Rascality #Change Ure crying for U get
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by kinkymax: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2015
Lolz na WA o. Dz hatred for doctors no b smal tin o and d same ppl dat re hating on u Wil b beggin u wen dey see u in d hospital. I remember d sayin of one of my consultants in med school den" dz patients don't like u,, they only care for themselves,, they re vry selfish and impatient,, dnt kil yursef because of any patient,, yes dey Wil confront u dat u re doin humanitarian job bt dey don't care whether u ve eaten or u ve money to buy clothes,, all dey care abt is dere own wellbeing ". Thank u my lovely consultant for givin us dat advice den in school cos d truth is coming out nw while in medical practice.. Nigerians Wil just hate u for no reason jst because u re a doctor.. Rt frm wen we were in school,, students from other depts jst had dz unwarranted hatred for us jst because we were med students.. I remember wen I went to d bank and d young girl d cashier was probing m concerning ma acct balance, asked all sorts of questions and d big one" wot do u do for a living? At d mention of a medical doctor I saw d unfriendly grimace on her face,, y y y,, shud I hide ma identity cos u guys hate doctor.. D only place Nigerians luv doctors is within d hospital environment jst because of their selfish interest,, d same nigerians Wil castigated u wen dey see u on d streets. Dey pay u ur entitlement yur salary,, is headache for other professionals whereas they re getting theirs. Doctors don't talk abt or castigate other pples salary bt dey re quick to talk wen dey hear abt doctors salary, why? In d US, medical doctors specifically d anesthesiologists re d highest paid dere, , there re also engineers,, architect,, bankers in d US too they don't behead their doctors lik dz Nigerians. Wots d fuss abt reli. Dz present brain drain can never stop!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by iykedomino(m): 8:29am On Nov 08, 2015
Abegi.All the health workers in the house should ignore these ppl.One thing is sure,EBONYI WILL NOT PAY THAT WICKED AMOUNT.We will resist it.Allow ppl to express their opinion..freedom of speech is allowed..

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Rolandken(m): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2015
Lol. Its the people of Ebonyi that would end up suffering for this. Cos when a doctor or nurse now starts receiving this amount, let me see which doctor or nurse there would deny himself sleep becos someone has come in an emergency. They wud refuse to stress demselves any longer and many people wud die. The govt thinks its the doctors and nurses dey are doing abi?

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Certifiedboss: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
what are the health hazards in your iwn field, do you run shift as duties?

No course that doesn't run shift . I did my IT at DSC and a suffered a steal blast to my face while left my eyes shut for days . is that not an hazard ? As an engineer there are some radioactive equipments u work with that damages the cells in your body ,is that not an hazard ? Working at a gas plant is also hazardous . Talking about shifts , those engineers that go work offshore and stay on the platform away from their family for a month . most times you wake up at night to adjust some irregularities. While you're offshore you dont have a closing time . Even when you're on land during your time off you're instructed to keep your phone reachable especially if you're an expert in your field . meaning u can be airlifted to the platform anytime to take care of situation when it get tough . while you're at sea you face the risk coming from militants too.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Rolandken:
Lol. Its the people of Ebonyi that would end up suffering for this. Cos when a doctor or nurse now starts receiving this amount, let me see which doctor or nurse there would deny himself sleep becos someone has come in an emergency. They wud refuse to stress demselves any longer and many people wud die. The govt thinks its the doctors and nurses dey are doing abi?

Then dem go sleep jail
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 8:41am On Nov 08, 2015
Datazone:

Guy don't quote me again! Your brain is too weak. Gosh!! Where did I say Engineers can solve kwashiokor? I only said the health issue will be reduced such as Kwashiokor. The reason is because Kwashiokor is caused by manultrition and Engineering, particularly Agricultural, Production and Chemical Engineering will put that problem to rest in Nigeria by the Nigerian Government and and other Farmers diving heavily in to Agriculture and placing those aforementioned Engineers to good use. Engineers mostly do the Prevention scenario.. Just Read and Understand

And so the Agricultural state of our country is responsible for the Kwashiokwor right? go to the North and see Malnutrition abound yet they got the best Agriculture and you think Engineers can come in and do something at it right?

You are an imbecil.e.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by angiography(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
do u tink all medical doctors are employable? no b cus say una spend extra years for skul no mean say all doctors are employable. av had an experience wit one nonsense doc in a private hospital. my guy forget say na seven years, for ur field I b apprentice, for my field I b prof and vice versa.so wats so special abt dis medicine self.oga na same skul we go jst as my own b btech, una gt una own cert.so oga chill.dat vast too much abeg or mke dem carry our own go close small una no gt two heads
What's this guy saying?

Not making sense
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by alex007a(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2015
Pls, 15k is even too big. Why will they pay a corper 130k. We as cadet of NDA don't receive such amount of Money and we train and risk of lives to protect the integrity of Nigeria. To me state shouldn't pay corpers again. grin[color=#990000][/color]. No course is better than the other.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

And so the Agricultural state of our country is responsible for the Kwashiokwor right? go to the North and see Malnutrition abound yet they got the best Agriculture and you think Engineers can come in and do something at it right?

You are an slowpoke.
This completes the fact that you are big mumu.. So the North is food sufficient? Hahaha...Besides, illiteracy is too much in the North. Guy go check yourself oo
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2015
mrphysics:
d reason u r here is just to fight for pay rise. u r medically deranged. idiot, what do u knw abt money. why will federal government pay u 19800 and u expect d state government to pay u millions. idiot, if u hav where to earn 140k per month why nt exempt urself from the service. d last time I checked INNOSON dnt know how to speak English bt he speaks the most important language, MONEY language, which is even giving u headache. come lets make money bro, and stop depending on ur SALARY. I REPEAT, EVEN IF U R PAID 130k, u will still b BELOW AVERAGE AND NOTHING ELSE

See ds fooolish boy talking, I'm sure my waitress earns more dan you.

Envious creature with lust and low cunning. Your hate will consume you.

I'm an employer of labour right now apart from being a Doctor, you're still there doing badbelleism....dat why d poor will continue to get poor cos they eye other people's fortune seek their downfall instead of focusing on their lives...if you're dat important try fighting for a pay rise in your job too instead of looking for who to pull down. oh I forgot, you don't even have a job!

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by homesteady(m): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2015
mrphysics:
the problem I think u hav is dat u think urs is d most difficult why odas r bread and tea? stop talking trash, even if its done in America, nonsense is nonsense nomata where it z done. come and solve Quantum Mechanics. do u nt know dat d things u r taught is physics?? gerrara hia. come and solve d maths behind d MRI AND NRI dat u r using in d hospital. how can oda corpers collect 60k pee yr and u collect 130k per month, between two of us, who lacks conscience

I'm not say what they are teaching us is more difficult, I'm trying to say the process of becoming a doctor is more difficult!
Normal students write exams every semester, while medical students don't. For example, normal BMS students will write about 12 anatomy courses exams in 200L, note that they don't finish the whole anatomy and they are taught just the basics without clinical correlates, while medical students write all this exams as one course + the other anatomy they are taught in 300L. Does this look easy?

Other corpers are teachers, not even qualified teachers like their Education counterparts and you want them to earn the same as people who have been seeing patients since their 400L and were earning close to 200K during their horsemanship(a period before NYSC)? Does it make sense?

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by loomer: 8:48am On Nov 08, 2015
The greatest change of all time.
Waiting for more

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Corper In Court For Having Sex With Married Woman / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.