Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372407 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

How come your "Jesus is Jehovah" God, yet "sat at the right hand of God ? Mark 16:19

How come your "Jesus is one with the Father & sat down at the right hand of God ?
cc : brocab,
cc: johnw47

U claim that "Christ is one in the Father" meaning "Jesus is Jehovah" , therefore U being. "one in Christ" meaning U are Jesus since U are what Jesus is.

How una wan dagbo this matter ?

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy...I thought it was One In Union with Christ?.. grin grin grin grin..I didn't know you believe we are one in Christ? I didn't know you believe Christ is in us and We are in Him, I didn't know you believe Christ is Omnipresent...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2018
Two gods and two Lords worshippers.. gruni1234 can you see? They are pagans...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:
Please can you just relate that to any part of the scriptures? Because that has been the tradition of the churches and Muslims as well "Heaven and Hell".
You and i can testify to the fact that there are so many things that the Orthodox Churches holds so dear that has been uncovered to be false. So before we can firmly established something as TRUE, i think we should be sure that it's confirmed in the Bible and not based on traditions or speculations off these Orthodox Churches. God bless you Sir!

When I pointed out to you that the sinners will be sent to Everlasting Fire, you silly pagan didn't respond, you kept your ignorant mouth shut because obviously that's in the scriptures, now here you are again trying to pry on the word Hell... well Everlasting fire exists and if you are not found in the Lambs book of life you and your fellow cohorts with your Father Satan will be thrown in it forever and ever. So the fire is real be there and be fooling yourself.. grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:
Please can you just relate that to any part of the scriptures? Because that has been the tradition of the churches and Muslims as well "Heaven and Hell".
You and i can testify to the fact that there are so many things that the Orthodox Churches holds so dear that has been uncovered to be false. So before we can firmly established something as TRUE, i think we should be sure that it's confirmed in the Bible and not based on traditions or speculations off these Orthodox Churches. God bless you Sir!

1.It's a place the wicked go to.

Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

2.It’s a place where lost souls go to.

Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. See also Psalms 86:13, Proverbs 23:14

3.It's a place of sorrows.

Psalms 18:5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me

4. It's a place so deep

Pro 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell

5. Souls are cast into hell

Matthew 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire

6. It has unquenchable fire

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

There is no trap. Na you don set trap for yourself. Meanwhile your colleague said bible made mistake calling Jesus everlasting father.

LIAR !!
U have absolutely no proof .
Your deluded brain fabricated that lie.
U dey lie & U wan put am for another person head.
Na your way.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
johnw47:

False jw tatime, I'm not a pastor, buy you of course cannot stop lying
I would not share my faith with satan's mob
Duh
If you're not sharing your faith here with Satan's mob, then what are you doing on this thread with the title "Jehovah's Witnesses"? OK you're here to condemn just only one group that's not in conformity to your Trinity doctrine! grin grin
How quickly you are to have forgotten your frequent quotation "John 8:44"
Abeg your faith is not assured joh it's as simple as that. cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2018
zodiakzax:

When I pointed out to you that the sinners will be sent to Everlasting Fire, you silly pagan didn't respond, you kept your ignorant mouth shut because obviously that's in the scriptures, now here you are again trying to pry on the word Hell... well Everlasting fire exists and if you are not found in the Lambs book of life you and your fellow cohorts with your Father Satan will be thrown in it forever and ever. So the fire is real be there and be fooling yourself.. grin grin grin
Dear Reverend, Father, Pastor, Prophet, Bishop, Most Sn Apostle,Dr zodiakzax.
All protocol duly observed Sir.
You're just too virtuous to be a preacher and teacher of God's word that's why i needed to learn from someone less humble,less respectful, without self-control and full of arrogance with friends like smokers, adulterers, swindlers and full of tattoos to preach about hell for me Sir! God bless you Sir. smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

LIAR !!
U have absolutely no proof .
Your deluded brain fabricated that lie.
U dey lie & U wan put am for another person head.
Na your way.
Every body when No agree with your Almighty gb you tag them liars. I feel your pain. Take heart. Don't kill yourself o cos when you discover your gb na scam na craze or death go happen to you.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin grin grin grin...So Jesus is a liar now? grin grin grin... at one point the apostles couldn't even descern bread from the leaven of the Pharisees..here we go

And when his disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread. Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
Matthew 16:5‭-‬11 KJV

The guys obviously didnt understand all that Christ said when he was with them.... Christ even told them He will resurrect but they didn't believe it, they were so sad Christ died that some even disbelieve when they were told Jesus was alive....

JESUS SAID I WILL RESURRECT MYSELF... not the Father will resurrect me.... if we are told the Father did, and the Son also said He will do it by himself then these two are ONE... grin grin grin grin

He said Jesus confirmed his belief grin grin grin grin.. Jesus said i will resurrect myself... grin grin grin which one is the confirmation of belief there? grin grin grin.. you wish that wasn't in the bible.... same way Thomas said My Lord and My God...... gone were the days when Jw's stupidly says "no Thomas was shocked so He shouted eii my God and My Lord you go kill me oooo", grin grin grin grin grin, now they are even shy of bringing that stupid silly statement out....

Bring proof that your Jesus resurrected himself, U dey do verbal somersaults for here.
When JWs expose your lies , U form another lie to save face..
Yahweh resurrected Jesus his servant. Acts 3:12-15.
Mumu brained LIAR.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
TruthinAction:

1.It's a place the wicked go to.

Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

2.It’s a place where lost souls go to.

Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. See also Psalms 86:13, Proverbs 23:14

3.It's a place of sorrows.

Psalms 18:5 The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me

4. It's a place so deep

Pro 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell

5. Souls are cast into hell

Matthew 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire

6. It has unquenchable fire

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
How can someone correlate all these with Genesis 2:17&3:17-19 and Romans 6:23? Because according to your explanation now,it's like the dead will still remain conscious. Ecclesiastes 9:4-10
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2018
zodiakzax:
Pagans having visible,bold and confident Witnesses to show for their Paganism but true worshippers dispassed,faceless,timid and without any visible witnesses for identification! embarassed embarassed
Abeg oga, Shey you fit change the subject? cheesy cheesy

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2018
zodiakzax:

zodiakzax wey dey worship triune gods father, son, holy ghost ( a demon. BTW, no ghost is holy.)

Yahweh is "Sovereign Lord resurrected his servant ,(Acts 4:24Jer32:27) Jesus & made him lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36).
The difference is crystal clear.
zodiakzax is not led by the holy spirit , U be confirmed pagan.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:
How can someone correlate all these with Genesis 2:17&3:17-19 and Romans 6:23? Because according to your explanation now,it's like the dead will still remain conscious. Ecclesiastes 9:4-10

Yes, the dead will still remain conscious.

Genesis 2:17 says,But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The death referred to here is spiritual death which later led to physical death. Spiritual death is separation from the life of God. That is why they were afraid when they heard the voice of God in the Garden of Eden. They have lost the very life and nature of God and the nature of the devil took over. There is no fear in God's nature.

If he was talking about physical death, they would have died that very day. The physical death they later experienced was the result of the spiritual death.

Even today, the Bible refers to those who are not in Christ as dead people - Matthew 8:22, 1st Timothy 5:6.

Genesis 3:17-19 says

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; note

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

In knowledge impactation, you don't give information beyond what the brain could absorb. For instance, when you are in Nursery school, they will teach you that there are five vowels sounds but after you reach a particular level, you are told that there are 24 vowel sounds in the English alphabet.

Adam and Eve where the first created being and they have not had any form of education. So God had to give them information they could take. The information in itself is not false but it's deeper than that.

Dust thou art refers to the physical body. The physical body came from the dust and it will return to the dust. God did not mention anything about the spirit or the soul. But later part of the Scriptures let us know that the soul of the lost goes to hell.

Romans 6:23 says For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The death referred here is eternal separation from God. It also means to be cut off from the life of God which is eternal life.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-7 reads

4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

This information was written by King Solomon and it is wrong. King Solomon was not a prophet and he did not say it was God who gave him that information. Not every statement in the Bible is truth but everything in the Bible is truly stated.

If you read the book of Job, Job said so many things during his period of affliction and they were recorded. But God told him that the things he said were without knowledge.

Job 32:1-2
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE?

If God had not made this comment, today the Church will take everything written in the book of Job as the word of God because it is part of the Bible.

Even Job acknowledged that he said things he did not understand.

Job 42:1-3.

1 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. note

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I UTTERED THAT I UNDERSTOOD NOT; things too wonderful for me, which I knew.

So, if you really want to establish a doctrine, focus more on the teachings of Jesus because he himself is the TRUTH. Quoting from any part of the Bible will mislead you and generate controversies. Any other portion of the Bible that contradicts Jesus teaching should be discarded. This is the safest way to establish a doctrine.

Thank you so much.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
TruthinAction:

Yes, the dead will still remain conscious.

Genesis 2:17 says,But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The death referred to here is spiritual death which later led to physical death. Spiritual death is separation from the life of God. That is why they were afraid when they heard the voice of God in the Garden of Eden. They have lost the very life and nature of God and the nature of the devil took over. There is no fear in God's nature.

If he was talking about physical death, they would have died that very day. The physical death they later experienced was the result of the spiritual death.

Even today, the Bible refers to those who are not in Christ as dead people - Matthew 8:22, 1st Timothy 5:6.

Genesis 3:17-19 says

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; note

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

In knowledge impactation, you don't give information beyond what the brain could absorb. For instance, when you are in Nursery school, they will teach you that there are five vowels sounds but after you reach a particular level, you are told that there are 24 vowel sounds in the English alphabet.

Adam and Eve where the first created being and they have not had any form of education. So God had to give them information they could take. The information in itself is not false but it's deeper than that.

Dust thou art refers to the physical body. The physical body came from the dust and it will return to the dust. God did not mention anything about the spirit or the soul. But later part of the Scriptures let us know that the soul of the lost goes to hell.

Romans 6:23 says For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The death referred here is eternal separation from God. It also means to be cut off from the life of God which is eternal life.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-7 reads

4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

This information was written by King Solomon and it is wrong. King Solomon was not a prophet and he did not say it was God who gave him that information. Not every statement in the Bible is truth but everything in the Bible is truly stated.

If you read the book of Job, Job said so many things during his period of affliction and they were recorded. But God told him that the things he said were without knowledge.

Job 32:1-2
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE?

If God had not made this comment, today the Church will take everything written in the book of Job as the word of God because it is part of the Bible.

Even Job acknowledged that he said things he did not understand.

Job 42:1-3.

1 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. note

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I UTTERED THAT I UNDERSTOOD NOT; things too wonderful for me, which I knew.

So, if you really want to establish a doctrine, focus more on the teachings of Jesus because he himself is the TRUTH. Quoting from any part of the Bible will mislead you and generate controversies. Any other portion of the Bible that contradicts Jesus teaching should be discarded. This is the safest way to establish a doctrine.
Thank you so much.
Hmmmmmmmmmm Solomon was uninspired so his written document regarding the condition of the dead IS WRONG! The Genesis account that says "you will SURELY die" means spiritual death!
Let's meditate thoroughly on what the scriptures presented to us Sir, you said "if HE(God) was talking about physical death, they would have died that very day"
But to me it's like Adam and Eve both died physically and spiritually that same day!
Please if i may ask how many hours makes one day? It's twenty four hours, right? But the Bible says to God a day before HIM is equivalent of One thousand years before humans. 2Peter 3:8 And to buttress that point neither Adam, Eve or any other of their descendants lived up to 1,000 years. If someone eats some sort of poison around 5 am in the morning and it's said that he would not survive that day, can we say that statement wasn't true if he died later around 11:45 pm that same day?
Nobody can say precisely how many years Adam had spent before eating the forbidden fruit, but all his days after eating that fruit amounts to 930 years and he died. Genesis 5:5 So after eating the fruit he surely lived less than 1,000 years! which means Adam actually died that same day considering 2Peter 3:8!
Right from that time onwards human's lifespan began dropping each generation,from 900 ~ 800 ~ 700 ~ 600 ~ 500 until our time now that most people usually die at 70 years and we'll start saying "Glorious exit"
Well your explanation is straightforward and thought provoking, but when it comes to the issue of the DAY Adam died, i think he died both physically and spiritually that same day! God bless you Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2018
@ Truthinaction,
"Genesis 2:17... the death referred to here is spiritual death which later led to physical death....... BIG LIE !
PROOF:
"And Jehovah said, the man has become like one of us , knowing good and bad. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever".
So Jehovah banished him (Adam) from the Garden of Eden.... "
Gen 3:22-24.
It's physical death .... the scripture is very precise on this matter.
Another blow to immortal soul fallacy.

. 2). "Ecclesiastics 9:4-7 this information was written by King Solomon and it is wrong....."
Words of a coded Pharisee who faults the holy Bible because God's word is against your fictitious theory.

"ALL SCRIPTURE is inspired of God and beneficial" ( 2 Tim3:16.) including Ecclesiastics, from Genesis to Revelation.

3)
"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With Yahweh a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"
2 Pet 3:8. Psalms 90:4.

"Adam lived 930 years, and then he died " Genesis 5:5.

Adam died on that day he disobeyed Jehovah because he did not live up to a thousand years, which by Jehovah's estimation is one day.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by xaggar(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Na me say make you na sabi English? Continue waiting for from and by meaning.

Itiboribor!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:
@ Truthinaction,
"Genesis 2:17... the death referred to here is spiritual death which later led to physical death....... BIG LIE !
PROOF:
"And Jehovah said, the man has become like one of us , knowing good and bad. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever".
So Jehovah banished him (Adam) from the Garden of Eden.... "
Gen 3:22-24.
It's physical death .... the scripture is very precise on this matter.
Another blow to immortal soul fallacy.

. 2). "Ecclesiastics 9:4-7 this information was written by King Solomon and it is wrong....."
Words of a coded Pharisee who faults the holy Bible because God's word is against your fictitious theory.

"ALL SCRIPTURE is inspired of God and beneficial" ( 2 Tim3:16.) including Ecclesiastics, from Genesis to Revelation.

3)
"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With Yahweh a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"
2 Pet 3:8. Psalms 90:4.

"Adam lived 930 years, and then he died " Genesis 5:5.

Adam died on that day he disobeyed Jehovah because he did not live up to a thousand years, he which by Jehovah's estimation is one day.

You are the one lying. You twist verses of Scriptures to support your preconceived opinions.

The Scripture never said a day is equivalent to a thousand years. But it said a day is LIKE a thousand years and a thousand years is LIKE a day.

When you say that woman is as fat as an Elephant, does it means she is an Elephant? These are figures of speech. So what the Scripture means by a thousand years is like a day and vice versa is that the realm of the spirit is timeless.

If you believe every single word is inspired in the holy book, then the words Satan spoke and recorded is also inspired. The words Goliath spake is also inspired. The words the donkey spoke is also inspired because they are recorded in the Bible. Why did God rebuke Job for uttering words without knowledge?

If you say they are all inspired, why pick only the part that appears to agree with your theology and ignore the one that contradicts it. There must be harmony of scriptures.

You must not always win an argument. We don't all know it all. But when someone has presented his case with undeniable proofs, we should humble ourselves and learn. You can not tell me that there is no such thing as spiritual death.

So please humble yourself and come out from the false teachings of the JW who are actually preparing people for the hell they do not believe exist. The choice is yours. Repent why you have the opportunity before you regret it when you get there.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm Solomon was uninspired so his written document regarding the condition of the dead IS WRONG! The Genesis account that says "you will SURELY die" means spiritual death!
Let's meditate thoroughly on what the scriptures presented to us Sir, you said "if HE(God) was talking about physical death, they would have died that very day"
But to me it's like Adam and Eve both died physically and spiritually that same day!
Please if i may ask how many hours makes one day? It's twenty four hours, right? But the Bible says to God a day before HIM is equivalent of One thousand years before humans. 2Peter 3:8 And to buttress that point neither Adam, Eve or any other of their descendants lived up to 1,000 years. If someone eats some sort of poison around 5 am in the morning and it's said that he would not survive that day, can we say that statement wasn't true if he died later around 11:45 pm that same day?
Nobody can say precisely how many years Adam had spent before eating the forbidden fruit, but all his days after eating that fruit amounts to 930 years and he died. Genesis 5:5 So after eating the fruit he surely lived less than 1,000 years! which means Adam actually died that same day considering 2Peter 3:8!
Right from that time onwards human's lifespan began dropping each generation,from 900 ~ 800 ~ 700 ~ 600 ~ 500 until our time now that most people usually die at 70 years and we'll start saying "Glorious exit"
Well your explanation is straightforward and thought provoking, but when it comes to the issue of the DAY Adam died, i think he died both physically and spiritually that same day! God bless you Sir.

The Scripture never said a day is equivalent to a thousand years. Here what it says,

Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but AS YESTERDAY when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord AS A thousand years, and a thousand years AS ONE day.

The scriptures above never said a thousand years is equivalent to a day. If you still have a problem understanding the difference, please go back to school. It is a figure of speech.

Saying someone is as bold as a lion does not make him a lion.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2018
zodiakzax:

Why is Jesus a god?

1) The original language of the New Testament ,Greek , does not differenciate capital letters & small letters, theios meaning god, gods , goddess.
According to Greek language , Jesus is a god.

2. Yahweh. said "the sons of the Most High ", his sons are gods . Psalms 82:6.
(sons is plural, gods is plural too.)
Does Jesus Christ agree ? Yes. John 10:34-36.
Is Jesus Christ the son of God ? Yes. Matt3:16,17. Matt 16:13-17. John 20:17,30,31

Jesus said his Father & his God is our own Father and our own God, Jehovah the Most High.( John 20:17. Ps 83:18) .
Jehovah calls his sons "gods" , therefore, Jesus Christ, Yahweh's son , is a god.
Jesus said the scriptures can not be broken.

That's the killer punch that the trinity crew have twisted & fraudulently claim as "false gods" ( Yahweh no call his sons "false gods, mumu people !) because they cherish the trinity fraud.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2018
TruthinAction:

The Scripture never said a day is equivalent to a thousand years. Here what it says,

Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but AS YESTERDAY when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord AS A thousand years, and a thousand years AS ONE day.

The scriptures above never said a thousand years is equivalent to a day. If you still have a problem understanding the difference, please go back to school. It is a figure of speech.

Saying someone is as bold as a lion does not make him a lion.

"One day is with the Lord (Yahweh) as a thousand years"
Yahweh say a thousand years na one day for him eyes.

It's not too late 4U to enrol for Adult Education class & brush up your comprehension skills.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

It's not too late 4U to enrol for Adult Education class & brush up your comprehension skills.

You are contradicting yourself. One day IS AS is not the same as one day IS ... You seemed like you cheated to pass your exams. This is basic English. Otherwise, they should find out if your certificate is forged. He is AS dirty as a pig is not the same as he is a pig. Please have sense and be honest with yourself. Must you win an argument?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

Bring proof that your Jesus resurrected himself, U dey do verbal somersaults for here.
When JWs expose your lies , U form another lie to save face..
Yahweh resurrected Jesus his servant. Acts 3:12-15.
Mumu brained LIAR.

grin grin grin grin grin..the prove is Jesus He will resurrect Himself, and since he's has never lied I can hold him.to his words.. what is the prove that the Father resurrected him? Is it not in the same scripture? Whose words are more powerful the apostles or Christ?...stupid kid... you want to insult Christ on top of everything .. JESUS SSID I WILL RESURRECT MYSELF..simple.. we believe it..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

zodiakzax wey dey worship triune gods father, son, holy ghost ( a demon. BTW, no ghost is holy.)

Yahweh is "Sovereign Lord resurrected his servant ,(Acts 4:24Jer32:27) Jesus & made him lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36).

.... grin grin grin grin...so why is Yahweh not the One Lord? Since we have only One Lord and One God.. if Yahweh is sovereign Lord then He should be the One Lord, so now according to you we have two Lords one sovereign over the other, if that was the case then why didn't the sovereign be the One Lord... .. grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2018
xaggar:

Itiboribor!

I wish you same. That means you are an itiboribor.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

Since a day is with the lord as a thousand years why are you now faster than Yahweh?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

1) The original language of the New Testament ,Greek , does not differenciate capital letters & small letters, theios meaning god, gods , goddess.

Is Jesus Christ the son of God ? Yes. Matt3:16,17. Matt 16:13-17. John 20:17,30,31

Jesus said his Father & his God is our own Father and our own God, Jehovah the Most High.( John 20:17. Ps 83:18) .
Jehovah calls his sons "gods" , therefore, Jesus Christ, Yahweh's son , is a god.

That's the killer punch that the trinity crew have twisted & fraudulently claim as "false gods" ( Yahweh no call his sons "false gods, mumu people !) because they cherish the trinity fraud.

Now the original language in the new testament is in Greek and never mentioned jehovah in it whereas nwt has jehovah written 218 times.

You go just dey lie as usual. When it same Greek word is used in front of the father you don't translate it as a god. I no fit laff.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:
If you're not sharing your faith here with Satan's mob, then what are you doing on this thread with the title "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

oh duh false jw tat, how many times have i said it
i'm here to show up some of false jw lies, you should know that just by reading my replies, if you had not been blinded

TATIME:
OK you're here to condemn just only one group that's not in conformity to your Trinity doctrine! grin grin

ha ha, your lies never stop tat, the only time i talk trinity is to show up your lies
i'm not here to teach-preach anything to satans mob

TATIME:
How quickly you are to have forgotten your frequent quotation "John 8:44"
Abeg your faith is not assured joh it's as simple as that. cheesy cheesy

i haven't forgotten john 8:44 at all, in fact you remind me of it with your lies in most every post
including this one i'm replying to, laugh

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:

grin grin grin grin grin..who told you a day before the Lord is equivalent to 1000years?? grin grin grin... this how stupid and silly you are... Peter said a day is LIKE a thousand years. .do you even understand English? Peter was only saying Gods way of calculating time is different from ours.. this is the calculation your former prophets and they failed..stupid Pagan... liar..

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:39pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

You when they fear gb pass jehovah or Jesus Nko?
There is only one lord and his name is Jesus Christ.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin grin grin..who told you a day before the Lord is equivalent to 1000years?? grin grin grin... this how stupid and silly you are... Peter said a day is LIKE a thousand years. .do you even understand English? Peter was only saying Gods way of calculating time is different from ours.. this is the calculation your former prophets and they failed..stupid Pagan... liar..
No wonder they calculated wrongly and said Jesus came invisibly in 1914 after He refused to show up physically.
They even went ahead to calculate end of the world to be 1975 but the world didn't agree to end. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

grin grin grin grin..So why will the gods in psalm 82 die like mere men? Do Gods die? grin grin grin grin..stupid illiterate... these are jugdes, men who God give opportunity to pronounce judgement.... stupid pagan... if Jesus is a god and angels are gods then God is a fool to say I alone I'm God and apart from me there's none.. there's none before me or after me... then Paul is a fool to say there are many lords and many gods but unto us there's but One God and One Lord...... pagan...idiot
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:01am On Dec 13, 2018
OneJ:

talk about a mumu brain with no understanding

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

God in that verse is "Elohim" which is plural
now it's not talking about plural gods because we know that God is one
so it is talking about plural persons that is God, and which created the heaven and the earth

and here they are creating man:

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.