Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372414 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
We do worship God and Jesus as One..I go into my private room and Pray to the Father in Jesus name..
TATIME:
Gruni1234 must be meditating seriously now with this questions :
Is it true that every other religious groups claiming Christians that agreed with this idea that Jesus and Jehovah are the same person?
If so then why aren't they worshipping together as one?
If not then why is it that only Jehovah's witnesses are singled out as evil amongst all the others that disagreed with that doctrine?
Why is it that only Jehovah's witnesses have the confidence to go out and make publicly presentations of their beliefs?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2018
I didn't force you to say anything, you said it on your own free will!
{Matthew 15:18} “Do you not yet realize that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then is eliminated?
But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man.
If you are tried, then stop, and go somewhere else, no one is forcing you to say anything, this is coming from your own heart..
TATIME:
Yes Sir my Cult. smiley smiley
Thanks Sir God bless you! What a relief oooooooooo
I should have known that that's just what you wanted me to say since. Matthew 10:25,12:27
Shey we can be friends now since we're concluding or agreeing on terms for example :Jehovah's Witnesses are "cults" though they're performing well but those who can't be SEEN are getting it right only in invisible settings! cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
zodiakzax:

So Yahweh is no more Lord again? grin grin grin.. you were the one shouting here that Yahweh alone is Lord.. Jesus alone is the One Lord, not the Father so is Jesus the Father's Lord? And is the Father Jesus' God? Please answer.. grin grin... is the Father no more Lord? grin grin cheesy

The Bible said Christ belong to God. What you own cannot be master over you. So for us even if there are many lords humans may have invented we only recognize One Lord Jesus Christ - the only Lord Appointed by God

Checking the bible we find One Spirit, One God, One Lord and One Faith... grin grin.. these are ONE, Yahweh is Lord, and Jesus is the One Lord.... grin grin cheesy... ..common sense.... grin cheesy cheesy... Thomas said My Lord and My God... grin grin grin... you wish that's not in the bible, 100 years from now the NWT will render it "My god and My Lord" grin grin grin.... Jesus is Yahweh....pagans

Dumb analyses my friend, of course we all know God the Father is the Father of all undecided undecided undecided undecided.. duhhh Jesus called Him Father

Even if there are many GodS trinitarians may have invented, for true Christians there is one God , the Father .

Is that too hard ?

Continue to be a fake Christian, it's your choice

If Jesus wasnt the source, why did God need Jesus to create everything...
undecided undecided undecided if He's almighty why didn't he do it himself? Anyways it's source or originator, if you vex go and fight the Scholars.... stupid pagan...God should have created the World without His word, He should have thought about the existence of things and they should be... but He spoke his word... and without Christ nothing was made for everything was made for him....no My friend clearly the One Lord was not created, that is what you want it to say but it just didn't say that... grin grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arche

Pagans who believe in two gods, grin grin grin
Faulty. Reasoning even after you have saw clearly that the Father is source.

Jesus ia his servant and he can use him as he deem fit . same aa he Use Moses and others to built the Temple, whereas he was the source of the entire pattern .

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh

it's very simple to understand and believe for christians who have the Spirit
it won't be understood or believed by satans mob

i will stick with just Father and Son for simplicity

@bold, the one God is the Father of all,
and who is the one God, Father and the Word, john 1:1

@underline, as i have just shown that includes Jesus as God

Father and the Word = God

God = Father and the Word

and that's how isaiah could call Jesus "The mighty God, The everlasting Father"
because God = Father and Son

Isa_9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

two persons in one God

So.Paul said one God, two persons ?

One God, The Father . how many persons is the Father ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh, all truth goes through your head like a sieve
once again, Father and the Word is the one God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

grin grin grin

One God, the Father - 1 Corinthians 8:6

Lie lie Johnw74

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh

it's very simple to understand and believe for christians who have the Spirit
it won't be understood or believed by satans mob

i will stick with just Father and Son for simplicity

@bold, the one God is the Father of all,
and who is the one God, Father and the Word, john 1:1

@underline, as i have just shown that includes Jesus as God

Father and the Word = God

God = Father and the Word

and that's how isaiah could call Jesus "The mighty God, The everlasting Father"
because God = Father and Son

Isa_9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

two persons in one God

If someone is called Father it means they are the same as The Father of 1 Corinthians 8:6 ? The humans called Fathers should have been included by you as well . grin grin

That Jesus is called everlasting Father doesn't make him the one the bible called " The Father " at 1 Corinthians 8:6 .

Johnw74 ,accept the truth.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
Barristter07:

grin grin grin

Lie lie John

One Lord Jesus Christ.

It's like you guys abandon other phrases because they don't fit your narrative.
Father can't be Lord because there is one Lord Jesus Christ.

You turned a blind eye to the other phrases making up the verse. When you want to cunningly and deceitfully explain your doctrine this is what you get.

You just want to convince us to give our brains to the 8 imperfect, uninspired and fallible men in new York who think for you so they can think for us.

We decline. Shame no let you address the fact that you recognise 2 Lords and 2 gods in your religion.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
Barristter07:

If someone is called Father it means they are the same as The Father of 1 Corinthians 8:6 ? The humans called Fathers should have been included by you as well . grin grin

That Jesus is called everlasting Father doesn't make him the one the bible called " The Father " at 1 Corinthians 8:6 .

Peace

The bible calls Jesus Christ everlasting father and barrister07 is saying that Jesus is called the everlasting father in the Bible (Isaiah) doesn't make him the one the bible called the father in 1 Corinthians.

I no fit laff. These jws will not kill me with laff.
Let me help you out.
Bible made mistake in calling Jesus Christ everlasting father. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
brocab:
I didn't force you to say anything, you said it on your own free will!
{Matthew 15:18} “Do you not yet realize that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then is eliminated?
But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man.
If you are tried, then stop, and go somewhere else, no one is forcing you to say anything, this is coming from your own heart..
Yes oooooooo it's my "Cult" and i'm 100% OK with the "Cult" as long as i'm SEEING all the evidence of God's Holy Spirit in the activities of the "Cult" and none of you can present a group that's actively performing as TRUE Christians. So let God be my judge NOT YOU for preferring a CULT when there's of NO other to be presented before me! cheesy cheesy cheesy
God bless you again and again Sir!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
brocab:
We do worship God and Jesus as One..I go into my private room and Pray to the Father in Jesus name..
We worship only JEHOVAH! Deuteronomy 6:4,Mark 12:29
Jesus has the one He calls "my God" John 20:17
Satan asked Jesus to bow down and worship him, of course he couldn't have confronted the Almighty God to say so. Luke 4:8
What is impossible is to worship God acceptably without conforming to the instructions from God's only begotten son. Matthew 17:5
God bless you Sir! smiley smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
TATIME:
Yes oooooooo it's my "Cult" and i'm 100% OK with the "Cult" as long as i'm SEEING all the evidence of God's Holy Spirit in the activities of the "Cult" and none of you can present a group that's actively performing as TRUE Christians. So let God be my judge NOT YOU for preferring a CULT when there's of NO other to be presented before me! cheesy cheesy cheesy

CULTIST with words full of of wisdom! embarassed embarassed
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
Maximus69:

CULTIST with words full of of wisdom! embarassed embarassed
Yes Sir, call me anything i'll be just fine but not a member of an unpresentable religious group! cheesy cheesy cheesy
God bless you Sir!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Barristter07:

Peace

you false jw barristter are blinded to truth

of course Jesus as a person in God is not the Father, He is the Son

buy speaking of God, God is both Father and Son

and that's why isaiah could call Jesus "Mighty God Heavenly Father"

and of course you not having the Spirit cannot understand no matter how many times it was shown you
and of course you don't believe God but reject much of His Word:

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
Barristter07:

grin grin grin

1Co 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

of course Father is the one God
Jesus also is the one God, do you want me to post the verses again showing that Jesus is God?
showing that Jesus is Jehovah?

and you are also blinded to that verse showing that both Father and Jesus is the one God - the one Lord 

Father is the one God, Jesus is the one Lord

oh duh false jw

Barristter07:
Lie lie Johnw74

copy cat, it's very well established that the name - title "lie lie" belongs to
lie lie barristter
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Barristter07:

So.Paul said one God, two persons ?

One God, The Father . how many persons is the Father ?

oh duh duh duh
paul spoke in that verse about Father being God
John spoke of Father and the Word being God
and there are many other verses showing that Father and Son is God, ask me

christians believe all of what God inspired
we don't pick and choose what to believe and what not to believe as you
lie lie barristter do
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

lie lie barristter, that isaiah verse is just another verse showing that Jesus is God, as many bible verses do
such as 1 cor 8:6 which calls Jesus the "one Lord"
as John 1:1 which says Father and the Word is God

the plain and clear meaning of all these bible verses is changed by false jw's - satans mob

1Co 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

christians see all these truths
false jw's have been blinded to them:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:12am On Dec 12, 2018
Yes we know, whom you worship-this is why your disbelief stops you from being saved. You claim to have Jesus, but yet you place Him inside a closet, you use Jesus-as a tool to be part of your argument.
When we pray for somebody, we pray in the name of Jesus, when we lay our hands on somebody that needs healing we pray in the name of Jesus, when we go into our private room we pray to the Father in Jesus name-we praise Jesus, we worship Jesus-why because it was the Father that brought us to Jesus, so we can be saved through Jesus..
{John 14:12-14} Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I am doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
You claim to be saved through Jesus, but yet you put all your cares upon Jehovah only. So rightly saying, you are not saved unto Christ-but Jehovah alone, and everything you ask 'you ask in the name of Jehovah.
TATIME:
Satan asked Jesus to bow down and worship him, of course he couldn't have confronted the Almighty God to say so. Luke 4:8
What is impossible is to worship God acceptably without conforming to the instructions from God's only begotten son. Matthew 17:5
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:13am On Dec 12, 2018
Barristter07:

Even if there are many GodS trinitarians may have invented

lie lie barristter, it is well known that trinitarians believe in three persons
in the "one God", but you false jw's cannot stop falsely accusing - lying

you false jw's believe in two gods a "almighty god" and a "mighty God"
what a pharisee hypercrit you are lie lie

you satans mob lie non stop, but you are just taking after your god and talking lies naturally as he does

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:18am On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:

truly those angels visiting your cult are not the Holy Spirit
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 12:25am On Dec 12, 2018
johnw47:

of course Father is the one God
Jesus also is the one God, do you want me to post the verses again showing that Jesus is God?
showing that Jesus is Jehovah?

and you are also blinded to that verse showing that both Father and Jesus is the one God - the one Lord 

Father is the one God, Jesus is the one Lord

oh duh false jw

copy cat, it's very well established that the name - title "lie lie" belongs to
lie lie barristter

He is ashamed to quote the other part of that verse cos he will see his own fallacious argument.

He even has to assume that the everlasting father in Isaiah isn't the same as the one God the father in 1 Corinthians.

He even turned a blind eye to the one Lord Jesus Christ part in that same verse. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:29am On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:

satan could and did confront the Almighty while He was man

and satan confronted the Almighty while he was in heaven, trying to put himself above God, but was kicked out

false jw's confront the Almighty every day in rejecting His word which is calling Him a liar

oh duh false jw tat, you talk out of your empty head

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:35am On Dec 12, 2018
TATIME:

Yes Sir, call me anything i'll be just fine but not a member of an unpresentable religious group! cheesy cheesy cheesy
God bless you Sir!

false jw tatime, you call your group a cult

that's one thing you have gotten right

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 12:47am On Dec 12, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

He is ashamed to quote the other part of that verse cos he will see his own fallacious argument.

He even has to assume that the everlasting father in Isaiah isn't the same as the one God the father in 1 Corinthians.

He even turned a blind eye to the one Lord Jesus Christ part in that same verse. Lol

ha ha, we knew lie lie barristter believes in two gods, and now we know he believes in two fathers
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:54am On Dec 12, 2018
What more can I say-born again is a group of people whom the Father have joined together-to be one in Christ Just as Christ is One in the Father.
TATIME:
Yes oooooooo it's my "Cult" and i'm 100% OK with the "Cult" as long as i'm SEEING all the evidence of God's Holy Spirit in the activities of the "Cult" and none of you can present a group that's actively performing as TRUE Christians. So let God be my judge NOT YOU for preferring a CULT.
I pray the Lord will give you proper understanding, {1 John 1:5} This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
{Cults are not always based around religion, but those that are, are usually people mocking The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit! Jehovah witnesses are not only knowing by the world as a Cult, but it's members 'like you, recognises it as a Cult..}
{John 8:44} You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
TATIME:
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:01am On Dec 12, 2018
zodiakzax:

OneJ, obviously you failed to address the rest if the things I said.... anyways Jesus said He will raise himself up...I told you it doesnt matter what the disciples believed because Jesus Himself said He will raise himself... was Jesus lying?

zodiakzax claims he is wise but his delusion is legendary.
" anyways Jesus said he will raise himself up..."
zodiakzax, "he will or I will" mean say him resurrection no happen that moment when Jesus talk am. ., (but na for future eee wan happen.)

In John 2:19, Jesus simply confirmed his belief in his forthcoming resurrection.

Cherry picker, Because U dey LIE, U no get ANY proof say Jesus resurrected himself.

The "eye witnesses" of Jesus resurrection , his apostles confirmed that Yahweh resurrected His servant , JesusChrist.
Acts 3:12,13,15. Eph 1:3,17,20 pour sand sand for your lie wey U dey perambulate for here..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:15am On Dec 12, 2018
brocab:
We are not expecting you to understand whom Jesus was, is and is coming back.
{1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Stop quoting that blasphemous LIE inserted into your KJV .
He who manifested in the flesh" 1 Tim 3:16. is the authentic rendition.

That's how your gang composed the fiction of 1 John 5:7 & Rev 1:11, in your KJV, Geneva Bible & Douay-Rheims ( all of them translated from the corrupted textus receptus ( TR)16th century manuscript.
Shame go catch U when U research on the origin of that falacy U cherish so much.
LIARS & expert Forgers.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2018
The truth will set us free!
OneJ:

That's how your gang composed the fiction of 1 John 5:7 & Rev 1:11, in your KJV, Geneva Bible & Douay-Rheims ( all of them translated from the corrupted textus receptus ( TR)16th century manuscript.
LIARS & expert Forgers.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:22am On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

zodiakzax, "he will or I will" mean say him resurrection no happen that moment when Jesus talk am. ., (but na for future eee wan happen.)

In John 2:19, Jesus simply confirmed his belief in his forthcoming resurrection.

Cherry picker, Because U dey LIE, U no get ANY proof say Jesus resurrected himself.

The "eye witnesses" of Jesus resurrection , his apostles confirmed that Yahweh resurrected His servant , JesusChrist.

Acts 3:12,13,15. Eph 1:3,17,20 pour sand sand for your lie wey U dey perambulate for here..

false jw onej
the fact that Jesus said it, is proof for believers
the fact that Jesus is Jehovah is proof for believers
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:24am On Dec 12, 2018
This must be one of your favoured scriptures in the bible-{John 2:18-22} NWT Bible "Therefore, in response the Jews said to him: “What sign can you show us, since you are doing these things?”
Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
The Jews then said: “This temple was built in 46 years, and will you raise it up in three days?” But he was talking about the temple of his body. When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples recalled that he used to say this, and they believed the scripture and what Jesus had spoken.
So His disciples believed it, I believe it, even the JW's believed it, but you don't believe it-but Jesus said in the Word of God He raised Himself up in three days..
OneJ:

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:25am On Dec 12, 2018
brocab:
The truth will set us free!

The truth can not set U free when U post a fictional, fabricated verse alien to the holy scriptures. U done even deny sef. Na your way.
Eat the humble pie & tender an apology to NL & our guests here..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:29am On Dec 12, 2018
OneJ:

Shame go catch U when U research on the origin of that falacy U cherish so much.
LIARS & expert Forgers.

false jw onej, you can say He instead of God if you want
but plenty of other bible verses show that The Word Jesus Christ is God

and of course you would call all of them lies and forgeries too

such evil

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:30am On Dec 12, 2018
{John 2:18-22} NWT Bible "Therefore, in response the Jews said to him: “What sign can you show us, since you are doing these things?”
Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
The Jews then said: “This temple was built in 46 years, and will you raise it up in three days?” But he was talking about the temple of his body. When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples recalled that he used to say this, and they believed the scripture and what Jesus had spoken.
So His disciples believed it, I believe it, even the JW's believed it, but you don't believe it-but Jesus said in the Word of God He raised Himself up in three days.. The truth will set you free..
OneJ:

The truth can not set U free when U post a fictional, fabricated verse alien to the holy scriptures. U done even deny sef. Na your way.
Eat the humble pie & tender an apology to NL & our guests here..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.