Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372792 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
TATIME:
You know it's good when you ask questions,but it won't help you in some cases when you're Insultive with your questions because it doesn't show you're sincere with your inquiry!
But as Christians we're taught to be quick in listening so i got two questions from you there.
First of all Revelations is a sacred secret that must be kept from misinformed and arrogant miscreants who might be claiming Christians,so even demons assisting them won't understand because arrogance affects them all.1Peter 1:12
So have you notice the difference in the names? Well the number means limited amount,but the names means spiritual Israel not fleshly Israel.Romans 2:28,29 Therefore Gentile Christians will be part of those going to heaven.
As for those going to heaven,God will transform them into spirits that's why the case of being born again becomes necessary. After the normal baptism in water,those chosen to rule with Jesus will get the heavenly garment{spiritual form} awaiting them,so during their own resurrection instead of coming back into flesh they're transformed to join Jesus as spirit persons in heaven. 1 Thessalonian 4:16,17 compared to Revelations 14:1
Note what Jesus said about them,that they won't marry because marriage is between{flesh} males and females but as spirits they will all be like angels! Matthew 22:29,30

God told you that 144000 is the exact number but the tribes of isreal in the same verse is spiritual isreal. Who did this thing to you people? Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2019
Peacefullove:

1. The bold is what i wanted to know, So tell me the mindset he has

2. You that have read the hebrews, what does it say aboit their fate? Does it say they are saved or not?

Peacefullove: 1. The bold is what i wanted to know, So tell me the mindset he has

Achorladey: John 3:16

For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that EVERYONE WHO believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Peacefullove 2. You that have read the hebrews, what does it say about their fate? Does it say they are saved or not?

Achorladey: Hebrews 10:1 For the law possesses a shadow of the good things to come but not the reality itself, and is therefore completely unable, by the same sacrifices offered continually, year after year, to perfect those who come to worship.

Hebrews 9:15
And so he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the eternal inheritance he has promised, since he died to set them free from the violations committed under the first covenant. 

Hebrews 9:25 And he did not enter to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the sanctuary year after year with blood that is not his own, 26 for then he would have had to suffer again and again since the foundation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the consummation of the ages to put away sin by his sacrifice. 27 And just as people are appointed to die once, and then to face judgment, 28 so also, after Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many, to those who eagerly await him he will appear a second time, not to bear sin but to bring salvation.

So as a good student of the scriptures I believe you can get the what the outcome of the Salvation of our forefathers WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE will be.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2019
Peacefullove:

What you quote above has put many bible belivers in hot soup. It generate two questions and others, but i will stop at two. Bt your answer to question 1 can probably generate a third one

1) Whiich belive are we talking about, there are various belief abou him within xtianity and islam?

2] If our forefathers before xtianity doesnt believe him, are they saved?

Peacefullove: Which BELIEVE are we talking about, there are various belief about him within Christianity and islam?

Achorladey: In summary the BELIEVE is found in John 14:6 Jesus replied, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 

Peacefullove: 2] If our forefathers before xtianity DOESNT BELIEVE him, are they saved?

So what did John 3:16 I quoted earlier say about that. Read AGAIN

For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES in him will not perish but have eternal life.

The difference is clear.........DOESN'T BELIEVE and EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
TATIME:
Spiritual things! Spiritual things!! Spiritual things!!!
Who is your teacher tori Olorun.
Moses and Elijah died centuries before the transfiguration yet the Apostles who NEVER saw them before could recognise them. Why not find out how those faithful first century Jews could RECOGNISE the two Prophets who have died long before that time?
Well we will help you, it is the TRANSFIGURATION meant to provide a sign from God that Jesus is the one through whom all those sleeping in death will be resurrected. Matthew 17:1-6 This is the type of signs unbelievers like you were asking from Jesus back then but it was revealed to faithful men and they were warned not to tell anyone until the appropriate time! Matthew 17:9
And mind you, Elijah never go to heaven. John 3:13
So Elijah was taken to another place but since the chariot that carried him went into the sky like an aeroplane it couldn't have been recorded better than saying he was taken to heaven,of course someone like you today knows that an aeroplane that flew into the sky will surely land somewhere else! wink wink wink
That's why he later wrote a later from where he was taken! 2Chronicles 21:12 If Elijah actually got to heaven,then how will you explain the scripture at 1Corinthians 15:50 and Jesus' comment at John 3:13 smiley smiley smiley
John came to prepare the way for Jesus just as Elijah did for a greater prophet Elisha so God's word does not implies reincarnation oooooooo! Otherwise your explanation could also mean Adam came back as Jesus! 1Corinthians 15:45 embarassed embarassed embarassed
Oponu Olodo!

Here we go again picking verses and interpreting them in isolation. Unfortunately neither you have been able to explain how Peter and the other two disciples recognized Elijah and Moses whom they had not previously seen.
However, God had the omnipotence to make it so.

Ironically, you self styled believers however deny the existence of signs which you say the dispensation is past. Peter and the rest were given that transfiguration sign not because they disbelieve in signs like you and your organization but because Jesus knew they had the faith unlike you who base your hope on your human efforts just like the Pharisees who for that very reason Jesus refused to show them any sign.

I can see your conjectures on Elijah again. Please which encyclopedia did you get it from? Your attempt to use 2 Chronicles 21:12 to paint a picture that Elijah was only taken to another location on earth is pooh-poohed by the following facts:
1 If Elijah sent the letter to Joram from another destination, then the person who got it from him for delivery to Jehoram would have known where he was hence where he was taken to becoming known.
2. Elijah was very much around in Israel and Judah during the reign of King Joram of Israel whose reign went concurrently with that of Jehoram of Judah who received the said letter....Compare 2 Kings 1:15-17 with 2 Kings 8:16-17 and then juxtapose them with your 2 Chronicles 21:12 then you'll see yet another blunder you made by taking that 2 Chronicles 21:12 in isolation again.

As usual, you picked 1 Corinthians 15:50 in isolation of the whole chapter.
In John 3:3 Jesus declaration was in the sense that no one had gone to heaven and come back down to earth to be able to tell people what they saw there, hence He alone who came down from there could tell how heaven is. Recall that in the previous verses the issue under discuss was about who could tell people on earth heavenly truths hence it would take someone going up and returning to earth to be able to do so. Elijah did not come back down to live on earth again after being taken up hence that doesn't in anyway contradict Jesus'words there.

In 1 Corinthians 15:45 Paul was only using figurative language. If not for your foolishness and Zombification by a publishing company, how could anyone have taken a sinless Jesus for the actual sinful Adam Just because Paul used Second Adam metaphorically there?
Until you answer the question as to where Moses and Elijah returned from to appear at Jesus'transfiguration, you remain a slowpoke and buffon sheepishly following 8 unstable minded men in a far away New York.
I wish you also explain how a grave could be buried in another grave if 'lake of fire' means grave as you are told by those eight manipulators in chief.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
TATIME:
achorladey is another "Judas Iscariot" who have spent all his life attending our meetings but his mind is not attached to what he is learning,and instead of him to go and worship where his mind is he refused to go! Revelations 3:16
Now FACELESSLY on social media,he can pour his heart out as in what has been stored during all that times of attending meetings but not able to speak publicly against those who born and fed him! undecided undecided

You like tagging people all sorts of names here, before it was A DEMON who changed to an ANGEL and corrected your thinking looooooool,

you revert back to COMFIRM DULLARD, the same DULLARD who had the course to make you reason repeatedly on some of your comment and post here to see reason as why Christian walk by faith and not by sight.

Now it is JUDAS ISCARIOT, PAUL must be A JUDAS ISCARIOT too, when PAUL who was zealous for all things law GO AGAINST those who taught HIM all things JUDAISM. As it were he was BITING those WHO BORN and WHO FED him.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2019
TATIME:
The TRUTH remains that nobody likes to be a member of Jehovah's Witnesses due to their teachings that totally differs from all other groups coupled with stringent doctrines,that's why majority of those commending us are doing so but finds it hard to be part of the group! Luke 13:24
Many religious leaders have tried to make their members appear like spiritually strong by making unscriptural rules. They forbids
*alcoholic beverages
*hairdos for women
*makeups
*jewelries and so on
But when their members gets to the public,they finds it hard to explain from the scriptures why they're asked not to do these things since others claiming born again are doing all of it! So there is confusion everywhere to the extent that atheists laugh at those claiming Christians as there is no uniformity in thoughts!
True Christianity has rules and principles,whoever wants to be part of God's people must humble himself to learn and live by those rules otherwise if he/she claims to be a Christian he/she will just be seen by the judge as a worker of iniquity or lawlessness! Matthew 7:21-23

Just as JWs try to make their gullible members appear spiritually strong by teaching them unscriptural doctrines like non participation in politics, non celebration of festivals, non p
celebration of birthdays, etc.
What is stringent about doctrines like; no punishment for sins, no need to pay offerings, no punishment for child abusers as long as the culprit can make sure no other person sees him while doing it, freedom to get drunken, fasting is unchristian, spiritual power which requires high level of purity is no longer important, etc?
You claim other Christians believe in Trinity, birthday celebrations, Christmas, etc yet you still say they don't have uniformity of belief. Aren't you confused? What then is uniformity?
And you think atheists consider your heretic organization favourably?
A group like yours which seeks praises and commendations from among those who hate Jesus and deny his sacrifice and Messiahship can't be a truly christian group.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Just as JWs try to make their gullible members appear spiritually strong by teaching them unscriptural doctrines like non participation in politics, non celebration of festivals, non p
celebration of birthdays, etc.
What is stringent about doctrines like; no punishment for sins, no need to pay offerings, no punishment for child abusers as long as the culprit can make sure no other person sees him while doing it, freedom to get drunken, fasting is unchristian, spiritual power which requires high level of purity is no longer important, etc?
You claim other Christians believe in Trinity, birthday celebrations, Christmas, etc yet you still say they don't have uniformity of belief. Aren't you confused? What then is uniformity?
And you think atheists consider your heretic organization favourably?
A group like yours which seeks praises and commendations from among those who hate Jesus and deny his sacrifice and Messiahship can't be a truly christian group.
God bless you Sir! wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

God told you that 144000 is the exact number but the tribes of is real in the same verse is spiritual is real. Who did this thing to you people? Lol
Figure mentioned connotes Limited Number not necessarily EXACT figure so 144,000 shows there certainly is a number of invitees to heavenly life. smiley smiley smiley
Jesus' illustration at Matthew 22:12,13 shows that none invitees who insists on going to heaven like your folks are DOOMED! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Mention of Israel as a nation connotes the oneness in thought just as a spiritual nation{1Corinthians 1:10} that's why JWs treats one another as a global family! Isaiah 2:2-4 wink wink wink
So before you mention again,let me echo your usual saying "everything is in our heads" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2019
TATIME:
Figure mentioned connotes Limited Number not necessarily EXACT figure so 144,000 shows there certainly is a number of invitees to heavenly life. smiley smiley smiley
Jesus' illustration at Matthew 22:12,13 shows that none invitees who insists on going to heaven like your folks are DOOMED! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Mention of Israel as a nation connotes the oneness in thought just as a spiritual nation{1Corinthians 1:10} that's why JWs treats one another as a global family! Isaiah 2:2-4 wink wink wink
So before you mention again,let me echo your usual saying "everything is in our heads" cheesy cheesy cheesy

So last last God told you that 144000 is to be taken literally while the 12 tribes of Israel figuratively in the same verse. Lol
Spiritual is real indeed.lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2019
TATIME:

So last last God told you that 144000 is to be taken literally while the 12 tribes of Israel figuratively in the same verse. Lol
Spiritual isreal indeed.lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 21, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Spiritual isreal indeed.lol
Sorry Sir,na so GB teach me but you self fit go teach your church members. You know sey me i still dey learn,i no be like you wey don know am finish! cheesy cheesy cheesy
If you want to know the REAL meaning of spiritual nation,just consider the national anthem that's common to worldly unbelievers. You'll notice sayings like "serve my fatherland{nation} with LOVE,STRENGTH and FAITH"and it is a global phenomenon. But despite this anthem that they do recite with their hands fastened to their hearts ,there is lots and lots of law enforcement agencies put up just for these people to serve their nation{to which they swore} with their wholehearted LOVE,STRENGTH and FAITH! embarassed embarassed embarassed
So a spiritual nation could be noticed as a people having no law enforcement agencies,yet faithfuls are know for doing all within their capability to live by all the rules of their nation.
All your agitation against Jehovah's Witnesses is "how come it is possible that people from different races across the globe could come under one group as a NATION,all remaining obedient to the rules set out by their own government {GB} even when it is not palatable for them to do so,without armed men in their midst!"
For your information Sir,that is why Russian government is attacking Jehovah's witnesses {puting off all human right laws} as they can SEE that members of this single group are completely loyal to their organization which the headquarters is situated in America{Russia's rival nation} undecided undecided undecided
Well i may be stupid as in like a zombie in so many ways but when it comes to the meaning of {spiritual nation} i can sense that Jehovah's Witnesses PERFECTLY fits in to that description! wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:10am On Feb 22, 2019
{Mark 2:5-7} When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9OGg6qPwTo
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 9:16am On Feb 22, 2019
TATIME:
Sorry Sir,na so GB teach me but you self fit go teach your church members. You know sey me i still dey learn,i no be like you wey don know am finish! cheesy cheesy cheesy
If you want to know the REAL meaning of spiritual nation,just consider the national anthem that's common to worldly unbelievers. You'll notice sayings like "serve my fatherland{nation} with LOVE,STRENGTH and FAITH"and it is a global phenomenon. But despite this anthem that they do recite with their hands fastened to their hearts ,there is lots and lots of law enforcement agencies put up just for these people to serve their nation{to which they swore} with their wholehearted LOVE,STRENGTH and FAITH! embarassed embarassed embarassed
So a spiritual nation could be noticed as a people having no law enforcement agencies,yet faithfuls are know for doing all within their capability to live by all the rules of their nation.
All your agitation against Jehovah's Witnesses is "how come it is possible that people from different races across the globe could come under one group as a NATION,all remaining obedient to the rules set out by their own government {GB} even when it is not palatable for them to do so,without armed men in their midst!"
For your information Sir,that is why Russian government is attacking Jehovah's witnesses {puting off all human right laws} as they can SEE that members of this single group are completely loyal to their organization which the headquarters is situated in America{Russia's rival nation} undecided undecided undecided
Well i may be stupid as in like a zombie in so many ways but when it comes to the meaning of {spiritual nation} i can sense that Jehovah's Witnesses PERFECTLY fits in to that description! wink wink wink

It doesn't change the fact that your jehovah isn't consistent with his words.
He told you guys that only 144000 will go to heaven but the specific tribes of Israel he mentioned means spiritual Israel. Only in one verse does he have both literal and figurative meaning. Lol.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Janosky: 11:20am On Feb 22, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

He told you guys that only 144000 will go to heaven but the specific tribes of Israel he mentioned means spiritual Israel. Only in one verse does he have both literal and figurative meaning. Lol.

Kolo Pharisee dey mock God's word.
**Rev14:1-4, v3 says "the 144,000 who have been bought from the earth"
v4 says 144,000 "were bought from among mankind"
Note: these verses NEVER said the 144,000 were natural Jews or only fleshly descendants of Abraham.

Rev 7:4-8 says 144,000 were sealed out of the tribes of Israel:
" Judah Reuben Gad Asher Naphtali Manasseh Simeon Levi Issachar Zebulun Joseph Benjamin"

If you studied the Bible well, you would know that those in Rev7:4-8 were not the 12 tribes of natural Israel.

## * Numbers1:4-16 listed the 12 tribes of Israel, the tribes of Levi & Joseph no dey among natural Israel, the natural Israelite tribes of Ephraim & Dan was omitted in Rev7:4-cool.
*** Proof that 144,000 is NOT natural Jews , but spiritual Israel.
*" the heirs with reference to a promise" of heavenly rulership with Jesus are "neither Jew nor Greek" in the flesh (Gal3:26-29) but "bought from among mankind" (Rev14:1-4), adopted as spiritual sons of God and "joint heirs with Christ" Romans 8:15-17

Jehovah's word the holy Bible is consistent but because you be Kolo Pharisee wey dey form Christian,"deadlytruth" without sense, you come here & argue blindly.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Janosky: 11:28am On Feb 22, 2019
brocab:
{Mark 2:5-7} When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9OGg6qPwTo

You no get power to forgive sins ? Matt18:18-23.

##** "But in order for you to know that the Son of man has authority to forgive sins on earth- " Mark2:10,11,

brocab lying Pharisee & educated illiterate twisting the holy scriptures, is Jehovah 'the son of man?'
Why do you blaspheme the holy scriptures ,Jehovah's word ,by your inference that He is "Son of man"?

Spiritual fraudster, get out ta here with your satanic doctrines.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:45am On Feb 22, 2019
Janosky:

Note: these verses NEVER said the 144,000 were natural Jews or only fleshly descendants of Abraham.

" Judah Reuben Gad Asher Naphtali Manasseh Simeon Levi Issachar Zebulun Joseph Benjamin"

If you studied the Bible well, you would know that those in Rev7:4-8 were not the 12 tribes of natural Israel.

## * Numbers1:4-16 listed the 12 tribes of Israel, the tribes of Levi & Joseph no dey among natural Israel, the natural Israelite tribes of Ephraim & Dan was omitted in Rev7:4-cool.
*" the heirs with reference to a promise" of heavenly rulership with Jesus are "neither Jew nor Greek" in the flesh (Gal3:26-29) but "bought from among mankind" (Rev14:1-4), adopted as spiritual sons of God and "joint heirs with Christ" Romans 8:15-17

Jehovah's word the holy Bible is consistent but because you be Kolo Pharisee wey dey form Christian,"deadlytruth" without sense, you come here & argue blindly.

They were from the 12 tribes of Israel. Don't try to change the Bible. Liar liar

Rev 7: 4-8

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

It's like you don't read your Bible. Bible was specific. Show me anywhere in the Bible that they mentioned the tribes of Israel and they said it included everyone on earth irrespective of your tribe?

Rev 14

14 Then I looked, and behold, [a]a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 [b]These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were [c]redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no [d]deceit, for they are without fault [e]before the throne of God.

[b]It's like you don't read your Bible. They even said its only men who are virgins. Bible was specific. I know you will come here to say this statement is figurative. Yet your 144000 is literal. Lol

Just take heart your jehovah is inconsistent with his words and a confused God.
You just think everybody is a zombie. Spiritual Israel indeed. Mtcheww.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 22, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Trust Jehovah's Witnesses for cover to cover understanding of the Bible from Genesis to Revelations! Fully competent and completely equipped members for sure. wink wink wink
Why not try to explain the correlation of God's promise of everlasting inheritance for humans on earth{Psalms 37:11-9,29,Matthew 5:5} and the promise of humans going to live forever in heaven{John 14:2,3,1Thessalonians 4:15-18}?
You just don't want anyone that will explain the sacred secret,so you'll say "i don't know" as if God don't want anyone to understand HIS word.
But Jehovah's Witnesses have solved the riddles and you're now agitating that they shouldn't have done that!
Excuse me Sir,which one you dey? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 22, 2019
Janosky:

Hairyrapunzel's problem is simple and straight forward!
Like the first century Pharisees who believe no one should step forward to declared he FULLY understands the scriptures,that's why all the former rival groups claiming worshipers of the God of Moses teamed up to kill Jesus whose teaching stands out! Matthew 7:28,29
Just see the way that young man looks intently at the Pharisees like "are you hearing how this guy is talking with authority?"
Pharisees like Hairyrapunzel won't just appreciate someone teaching God's word with 100% guarantee unlike him who will say "i'm not sure" cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 12:08pm On Feb 22, 2019
Janosky:

Watchtower organization think say dem get sense and they can deceive everybody. Oya let's go there

What justification does watchtower have for switching methods of interpretation from literal to figurative right in the middle of Revelation 7:4?

You will soon quote an unrelated verse to support your claim. Your jehovah has to be confused.

How does watchtower organization reconcile that with Revelation 14:4, which clearly indicates that the 144,000 are all men who have not been defiled with women?

Soon you will quote how encyclopedia says masculine gender is for every one. Lol

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:
Watchtower organization think say dem get sense and they can deceive everybody. Oya let's go there[b]What justification does watchtower have for switching methods of interpretation from literal to figurative right in the middle of Revelation 7:4?[/b]You will soon quote an unrelated verse to support your claim. Your jehovah has to be confused.[b]How does watchtower organization reconcile that with Revelation 14:4, which clearly indicates that the 144,000 are all men who have not been defiled with women?[/b]Soon you will quote how encyclopedia says masculine gender is for every one. Lol
Must it be only Jehovah's Witnesses ALONE that should be able to correlate scriptures that's difficult to comprehend? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oga Hairy Sir, why not present an explanation that's better than that of JWs? undecided undecided undecided
Oh i understand! You belong to those always coming to ask questions but never satisfied with answers even when directed to the scriptures! Matthew 22:15-33 wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2019
Janosky:

Did you know that the word “tribes” is never used in Scripture of anything but a literal ethnic group?

Did you know that the word “Israel” is normally used in Scripture in reference to the physical descendants of Jacob?

Can you see that the Watchtower interpretation of Revelation 7:4 goes against common usage of those words?

You will soon come and still say tribes of Israel mentioned and the undefiled men is figurative with no Bible verse to support your claim using only insults to support your claim.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
TATIME:
Must it be only Jehovah's Witnesses ALONE that should be able to correlate scriptures that's difficult to comprehend? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oga Hairy Sir, why not present an explanation that's better than that of JWs? undecided undecided undecided
Oh i understand! You belong to those always coming to ask questions but never satisfied with answers even when directed to the scriptures! Matthew 22:15-33 wink wink wink

So last last your jehovah told you that the 144000 going to heaven is literal then he still told you that the tribes of Israel and undefiled men is figurative. Lol

Your jehovah must be confused. I wonder how people believe this crap
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
TATIME:

So you agree that jw can't correlate scriptures right?
We are getting there.

Your leaders even had to tell you there are two hopes for you people. Eya. Slavery.

Your leaders said they are among the 144000 that will go to heaven and they will still rule from there while you will be on earth living forever. Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Janosky: 12:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

Watchtower organization think say dem get sense and they can deceive everybody. Oya let's go there

What justification does watchtower have for switching methods of interpretation from literal to figurative right in the middle of Revelation 7:4?

You will soon quote an unrelated verse to support your claim. Your jehovah has to be confused.

How does watchtower organization reconcile that with Revelation 14:4, which clearly indicates that the 144,000 are all men who have not been defiled with women?

Soon you will quote how encyclopedia says masculine gender is for every one. Lol

** Your first " B" point, Rev7:4-8 says "144,000 were sealed ( SEALED , its meaning dey straight forward to laymen)
Pls go read my post again..
Numbers 1:4-16 shows it's not natural 12tribe Israel that's in Rev 7:4-8.
Other points in my post still valid.

**2nd 'b' point,
you have no basis to attribute any gender to them because Rev14:1-4 is not gender specific ," These are those who did not defile themselves...." that's the point of emphasis.
More so , ever since men & women been in existence, even women defile themselves with other women & vice versa.
(Rom1:26,27. 1 Cor6:9).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

So you agree that jw can't correlate scriptures right?
We are getting there.

Your leaders even had to tell you there are two hopes for you people. Eya. Slavery.

Your leaders said they are among the 144000 that will go to heaven and they will still rule from there while you will be on earth living forever. Lol
Walahi Talahi there is just a tin line between hatred for orderliness and insanity! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abegi GB be our oga,and we're not going to stop following them until you and your nonedenominational church goers can present BETTER interpretations of Bible messages! Zechariah 8:23
People who followed Jesus did so because of accurate understanding of everlasting life,NOT when one Pastor set a standard and another contradicts it yet you're happily claiming Christians! John 6:68,69 wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
TATIME:
Walahi Talahi there is just a tin line between hatred for orderliness and insanity! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abegi GB be our oga,and we're not going to stop following them until you and your nonedenominational church goers can present BETTER interpretations of Bible messages! Zechariah 8:23
People who followed Jesus did so because of accurate understanding of everlasting life,NOT when one Pastor set a standard and another contradicts it yet you're happily claiming Christians! John 6:68,69 wink wink wink

So your jehovah said 144000 should be literal but tribes of Israel and undefiled men figurative? Your jehovah is inconsistent with his words.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

So your jehovah said 144000 should be literal but tribes of Israel and undefiled men figurative? Your jehovah is inconsistent with his words.
Abegi go find catfish peppersoup with dagogo cool your mind,make you no kill yourself for Jehovah's Witnesses matter ooooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
TATIME:
Abegi go find catfish peppersoup with dagogo cool your mind,make you no kill yourself for Jehovah's Witnesses matter ooooo! cheesy cheesy cheesy

In conclusion your jehovah is not consistent and he is confused.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Daniel 12:13 says And you, Daniel, be faithful to the end. Then you will die, but you will rise to receive your reward at the end of time.

The use of 'but' there makes it clear that there is a total difference between the state of death and the post-resurrection state.

Moses had died physically and his body was in grave. Elijah did not die physically but was taken up to heaven but returned in the form of John The Baptist (Matthew 11:14) who later died a physical death and his body buried. But these two men appeared during the transfiguration of Jesus and His disciples saw them.
Now, I want you to explain how come Moses and Elijah who were in the grave in both body and soul (according to you) appeared back on earth at some point many years after their physical deaths. Kindly explain this. I am all ears

John is not Elijah
John 1:21
The angel had not told John’s father Zechariah that John would be Elijah, but that he would have “Elijah’s spirit and power . . . to get ready for Jehovah a prepared people.” (Lu 1:17)

and according to the transfiguration,
it is a VISION
Matthew 17:9

and you know visions have meaning
indicating that there was something yet to take place as represented by the work that Elijah and Moses had done.​—Mr 9:1-8
and according to the account of 2peter1:17-18
apostle Peter explain to us that
Also in the past God had spoken through prophets, he now indicated that he would do so through his Son.​—Ga 3:24; Heb 1:1-3.
when he referenced the transfiguration
compare
Deuteronomy 18:17-18
John5:46
and Elijah didn't go to a spiritual realm when he was taken through the whirlwind John 3 :13
A number of years after his ascension in the windstorm Elijah is still alive and active as a prophet, this time to the king of Judah. Because of the wicked course taken by King Jehoram of Judah, Elijah writes him a letter expressing Jehovah’s condemnation, which is fulfilled shortly thereafter.​—2Ch 21:12-15

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
Crysthaniel:

John is not Elijah
John 1:21
The angel had not told John’s father Zechariah that John would be Elijah, but that he would have “Elijah’s spirit and power . . . to get ready for Jehovah a prepared people.” (Lu 1:17)

and according to the transfiguration,
it is a VISION
Matthew 17:9

and you know visions have meaning
indicating that there was something yet to take place as represented by the work that Elijah and Moses had done.​—Mr 9:1-8
and according to the account of 2peter1:17-18
apostle Peter explain to us that
Also in the past God had spoken through prophets, he now indicated that he would do so through his Son.​—Ga 3:24; Heb 1:1-3.
when he referenced the transfiguration
compare
Deuteronomy 18:17-18
John5:46
and Elijah didn't go to a spiritual realm when he was taken through the whirlwind John 3 :13
A number of years after his ascension in the windstorm Elijah is still alive and active as a prophet, this time to the king of Judah. Because of the wicked course taken by King Jehoram of Judah, Elijah writes him a letter expressing Jehovah’s condemnation, which is fulfilled shortly thereafter.​—2Ch 21:12-15
They're thinking that over 8,000,000 individuals both old and young ones from different tribes across the globe are just following the GB dogmatically as they would do after their Pastors who often concentrate on the general conception of the majority! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Faithless generations of miscreants assuming intelligent people could just dedicate their lives wholeheartedly to the teachings of the GB without noticing their extraordinary talents! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 12:14am On Feb 23, 2019
TATIME:
Confused dullard!
Who is talking about NOT greeting people here? If JWs aren't greeting people in their neighbourhood how can they go confidently knocking on the door of someone they don't usually greet to preach? and what motivates them to keep paying visits {uninvited} to home of neighbours?
If it is the unbelievers that are INCITING Christians to love and fine works,then what else is their to preach as being better of than pagans?
Hmmmmmmmm your thinking ability is INTACT indeed! cheesy cheesy cheesy

He needs prayers
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 12:21am On Feb 23, 2019
achorladey:

CAPTIVATOR: Apostate Virus has eaten deep into your system. Check the bold, that's the people that is expected to meet together to incite themselves to love and fine works, an unbeliever coming among them remains an unbeliever, his or her coming shows he wants to know God the more, of what business is an unbeliever doing in such gathering if not that he has interest to know more ? . and he will only get to listen to upbuilding things.

Achorladey: And your mind didn't pinch you ONE BIT in the course of typing the above that MANY UNBELIEVERS that get to visit the platform SOME had learnt one or two things about the JWS and eventually become a JWS. That some of them got there minds made up to become a Jehovah's Witness after visiting this platform. Same applies to many of this UNBELIEVERS that had joined other Christian denominations via the information they get via this same platform.

CAPTIVATOR: Compared to Nairaland where various topics and comments are created to LEAD people away from God , some threads even feature people that Nairaland has turn atheist and agnostics or liberal , even while a seemingly Christian topic is going on, someone will Just come and comment immorally or other things to pollute readers mind. u are spirituality damaged to have suggest Nairaland as a place of meeting for fine Works.

Achorladey: Oga CAPTIVATOR are you at the market to fish and pick out NOISEMAKERS. Many of the topics on the platform has also been created not only to make people believe in CHRIST but had made them understand what they don't even value about there FAITH.

My spirituality is not damaged, to incite people to love and fine works has no BORDER or BOUNDARIES.

If you know you know.

Leave apostate virus alone.

Hebrew 10;24,25 reads " And let US consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works.not forsaking OUR meetings together "

Us and OUR , Unbelievers included ?

U need prayers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.