Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic (6178 Views)

Uju Obianujueo: "My Big Boobs Bring Joy And Pain" (Photos) / Guys Who Sleep With A Girl And Broadcast It Are Hopeless / Please Help I Think I Am What People Call"hopeless Romantic" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 9:53am On Nov 10, 2015
so, gather round children and let me tell you a story. I know I am not the only guy who loves too much, and I definitely know am not the only one who has gotten hurt in the process.

I am a hopeless Romantic and it hurts like hell.. once I like a girl, I mean really like a girl, I would go out of my way for her, trust me all out, I give my all, I am there for her, I listen to her vent, I chill with her when she's ill, I tell her or love her and I mean it, name it All but then boom heartbreak. this is when it becomes annoying, because the thinking starts, I try figuring out what I did wrong, why a girl I like will tell me she can spend the rest of her life but go nack someone else... I analyze and analyse till my mind becomes weary n I get distracted in real life.... affecting my work and what not.

so in my definition, from what I have gathered I am a modern day nice guy, when I like a girl I just wanna make her happy and talk to her ever day... there maybe other girls but there is always this one girl... and the last one girl In my picture told me along the line her feelings for me became like that of a family member... somebody say ouch..

This is someone I would have done anything for according to my capability .... the girl before this I actually liked told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, and strung me along using me for emotional and other support whenever she needed and as always I was always there. then a few months later she tells me she just broke up with another bf.... and m like when exactly did u have a bf and why was I the last to know? well she didn't wanna hurt my feelings she says.... wow who knew my feelings mattered...

so maybe I have bad luck, but in my analysis my problem is simple... I love till it is taken for granted, I care too much, I don't play games and maybe it becomes boring along the line....

maybe I started this thread to vent, or probably have too much time on my hands or maybe I need to find others like me with fragile hearts, male and female alike.... where are you guys? come relate with me, come tell I am fine, and come tell me I am not alone, you who treat us this way u are also invited, come tell us why, feel free to diss me but I can't help being the way I am, but for the time being.... all ye folks with fragile hearts come tell me your stories and let's all become heartless together.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by misspicy(f): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2015
first of all OP who are children undecided

am an hopeless romantic too and the heartbreak no be here....so can we hook upembarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2015
Lol, you & me both. So where do I sign up for the bleeding hearts club? tongue

It's pretty simple imo, people just don't deserve true lovers like us grin So to hell with them if they can't appreciate realness.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by DuchessLily(f): 10:01am On Nov 10, 2015
cry
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by donTbone(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:
so, gather round children and let me tell you a story. I know I am not the only guy who loves too much, and I definitely know am not the only one who has gotten hurt in the process.

I am a hopeless Romantic and it hurts like hell.. once I like a girl, I mean really like a girl, I would go out of my way for her, trust me all out, I give my all, I am there for her, I listen to her vent, I chill with her when she's ill, I tell her or love her and I mean it, name it All but then boom heartbreak. this is when it becomes annoying, because the thinking starts, I try figuring out what I did wrong, why a girl I like will tell me she can spend the rest of her life but go nack someone else... I analyze and analyse till my mind becomes weary n I get distracted in real life.... affecting my work and what not.

so in my definition, from what I have gathered I am a modern day nice guy, when I like a girl I just wanna make her happy and talk to her ever day... there maybe other girls but there is always this one girl... and the last one girl In my picture told me along the line her feelings for me became like that of a family member... somebody say ouch..

This is someone I would have done anything for according to my capability .... the girl before this I actually liked told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, and strung me along using me for emotional and other support whenever she needed and as always I was always there. then a few months later she tells me she just broke up with another bf.... and m like when exactly did u have a bf and why was I the last to know? well she didn't wanna hurt my feelings she says.... wow who knew my feelings mattered...

so maybe I have bad luck, but in my analysis my problem is simple... I love till it is taken for granted, I care too much, I don't play games and maybe it becomes boring along the line....

maybe I started this thread to vent, or probably have too much time on my hands or maybe I need to find others like me with fragile hearts, male and female alike.... where are you guys? come relate with me, come tell I am fine, and come tell me I am not alone, you who treat us this way u are also invited, come tell us why, feel free to diss me but I can't help being the way I am, but for the time being.... all ye folks with fragile hearts come tell me your stories and let's all become heartless together.

We are bound to receive such treatment. But we have to learn that there are times we need to make them realize we can live without them (which we actually can).

You are not alone bro! We are in this together.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:05am On Nov 10, 2015
DuchessLily:
cry
misspicy:
embarassed

Ikr..... sad af.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2015
cryfragile hearts were meant to be broken...undecided

Uh...Where do U Get this girls from? Any girl would be lucky to have A guy like You...cry it's Really sweet knowing someone adores you Unconditionally..

Anyhoo...Seriously, Could we switch places? tongue I've always wanted knowing what An "heartbreak" feels like...embarassed heard it hurts Like A biitch! there's no fvcking way I'm feeling that! undecided

PS---i think You're alone on this one...Nigerian Guys Don't have hearts...they sold theirs to jumia....undecided
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

It's pretty simple imo, people just don't deserve true lovers like us grin So to hell with them if they can't appreciate realness.

Lol u dont seem like a hopeless romantic though.... u r already signed up, just share your story If u can.

painful thing is, someday we r just gonna have to settle for what we find..... cos if it isn't someone as real as u, u r always gonna get hurt.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2015
donTbone:

We are bound to receive such treatment. But we have to learn that there are times we need to make them realize we can live without them (which we actually can).

You are not alone bro! We are in this together.

thanks fam... I was starting to think I was weird.... mostly cos guys r sups to be Steel hearted
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by donTbone(m): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

thanks fam... I was starting to think I was weird.... mostly cos guys r sups to be Steel hearted
Ama victim of toomuch caring palava. Even for a friend to have told me "you need to learn to overlook attimes".
But this is who i am. It baffles me when you so much had good plans for the opposite just to see them throw it away!

Now, am learning to be very straight and less caring wiv them!
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2015
hug a hopeless romantic to prevent suicide.

can someone help me create a meme like dat.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by AfroKnight: 10:22am On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

grin So you're a hopeless romantic? You this Strong woman?

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2015
"Gather around children" undecided OP, u well so?
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by AfroKnight: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2015
Used to be like that too. Until I reached my breaking point. I've learned to mask my true feelings. Many ladies can't handle it when a guy shows them so much love and care.

3 Likes

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2015
Awwwwwww.

So you got family zoned. grin

Maybe you stop acting like her best girlfriend.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by donTbone(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2015
Estharfabian:

Uh...Where do U Get this girls from? Any girl would be lucky to have A guy like You...cry it's Really sweet knowing someone adores you Unconditionally..

Anyhoo...Seriously, Could we switch places? tongue I've always wanted knowing what An "heartbreak" feels like...embarassed heard it hurts Like A biitch! there's no fvcking way I'm feeling that! undecided

PS---i think You're alone on this one...[b]Nigerian Guys Don't have hearts...they sold theirs to jumia...[/b].undecided

Not all Nigerian guys are same...and that you didn't feel a dime about men doesn't mean they are not flexible.

Men are humans too. We want to be treated like a baby, hear sweet words, ask us on a date, make surprises for us.
But hell no!!! This is the society and nation where they think ONLY THE WEAK MEN ASK HER WOMAN TO PAY FOR A DATE!

embarassed
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2015
donTbone:

Ama victim of toomuch caring palava. Even for a friend to have told me "you need to learn to overlook attimes".
But this is who i am. It baffles me when you so much had good plans for the opposite just to see them throw it away!

Now, am learning to be very straight and less caring wiv them!

you know when you try to be less Caring and u just stat feeling bad for the person..... my heart is so annoying... I can b a major asshole but I start feeling bad later. sighs we will be fine bruh
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2015
Estharfabian:

PS---i think You're alone on this one...Nigerian Guys Don't have hearts...they sold theirs to jumia....undecided

lol trust me you do not wanna feel heartbreak.... hurts like a winsh..... first time I felt it I thought it was jazz and I was gonna die, now I see the signs and prep myself +ur last line actually made me laugh though....
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by misspicy(f): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2015
FINgames:
hug a hopeless romantic to prevent suicide.

can someone help me create a meme like dat.
cc IamLegend1
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

Lol u dont seem like a hopeless romantic though.... u r already signed up, just share your story If u can.

painful thing is, someday we r just gonna have to settle for what we find..... cos if it isn't someone as real as u, u r always gonna get hurt.

I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, but like you said, up to a certain extent. For me, the rose coloured glasses come off when I feel unappreciated or taken for granted. I give my all because I cannot do things half-ass. Excuse my French. I'm very black or white in my thinking & actions. Either I'm all in or I'm all out. And I expect the same in return. I can't be playing games & wasting my time. However, when I see that someone is not on the same page with me, I have no problem shifting gears & move from being a fool in love to total indifference in a snap. It's like there's an inner on/off switch to my love nature. When it's on, it's burning hot & all consuming, but when off, then I just don't care. I wouldn't have it any other way though because I love the high of being in love. It makes me feel alive. I can't imagine walking around feeling all psychopathic & emotionally numb. I might as well be dead. I want to FEEL, good or bad it's alright, just as long as I'm feeling something grin

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 10, 2015
donTbone:

Not all Nigerian guys are same...and that you didn't feel a dime about men doesn't mean they are not flexible.

Men are humans too. We want to be treated like a baby, hear sweet words, ask us on a date, make surprises for us.
But hell no!!! This is the society and nation where they think ONLY THE WEAK MEN ASK HER WOMAN TO PAY FOR A DATE!

embarassed
Lwkmd! "grin" that's you guys problem? Bargain on who'd pay during the date? cry
Bout sweet words, girls are experts at those! "baby" ''boo" "honey" .those are sweet words...undecided

FYI! if You wanna be treated like babies...get A diaper! wink
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by libertyfather(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2015
This boys won't stop liieing , is this another technique or What?
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2015
AfroKnight:

grin So you're a hopeless romantic? You this Strong woman?

Very much so. Why is this so hard to believe? I have a very mushy side that believes in things I'm sure do not exist, like endless love smiley
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2015
andromida:
Awwwwwww.

So you got family zoned. grin

Maybe you stop acting like her best girlfriend.

Lol, well trust me I am no girlfriend .... I am particularly leaving out the physical parts involved in this family zoning..
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

lol trust me you do not wanna feel heartbreak.... hurts like a winsh..... first time I felt it I thought it was jazz and I was gonna die, now I see the signs and prep myself +ur last line actually made me laugh though....
LoL! jazz? as in Jazz music? shocked or jazz as in Witchcraft? cheesy

LoL! undecided I believe I have A diamond heart(Very hard and beautiful)..embarassed When I get this close to feeling bad, I just Lock up everything Or I get distracted..wink

Uh...Seriously, these Niggaz don't even know what "Love" is anymore! they mix everything up with Lust!*** imagine a Guy seeing u for the first time, then, immediately confesses his undying Love for You...isn't that crazy angry
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2015
misspicy:
first of all OP who are children undecided

am an hopeless romantic too and the heartbreak no be here....so can we hook upembarassed

Lol trust me.... my heartbreaks have been worse.... sure I could use a like mind ATM... pm?
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

Women aren't complicated, our feelings just get in the way of what we WANT to do rather then what we SHOULD do. We want to rub their feet and build statues of them. We should demand respect and reward them only for good behavior. True passion can only be achieved when the man is willing to walk away at a moment's notice. After all, if you say "I love you!" after a coffee date, then the passion is gone because you have shown that you will not walk away. Flowers and gifts should be used as a REWARD, not as an item to BUY her affections. When a woman treats you with indifference, you challenge her. When a woman treats you with disrespect, you punish her by withdrawing your affection and time. When a woman treats you well with respect and the affection you want, you reward her. I think the solid line of thought that will get you as many girls as you want and keep your relationships bright and fiery is: Do not have desire.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2015
Estharfabian:
LoL! jazz? as in Jazz music? shocked or jazz as in Witchcraft? cheesy

LoL! undecided I believe I have A diamond heart(Very hard and beautiful)..embarassed When I get this close to feeling bad, I just Lock up everything Or I get distracted..wink

Uh...Seriously, these Niggaz don't even know what "Love" is anymore! they mix everything up with Lust!*** imagine a Guy seeing u for the first time, then, immediately confesses his undying Love for You...isn't that crazy angry

Lol u ehn..... I used to have an adamantium heart, everything Gets broken someday, I don't wish it for u but if it ever happens feel free to come vent here.

PS those niggaz u described are just savages..... that's not love Biko... they are not in my category
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2015
Durenttt:
"Gather around children" undecided OP, u well so

lol we are all children in the eyes of the creator... Biko no Vess, it was just for effect.

[quote author=AfroKnight post=39867627]Used to be like that too. Until I reached my breaking point. I've learned to mask my true feelings. Many ladies can't handle it when a guy shows them so much love and care.

true but masking feelings just leaves u in pain later, u expect her to react one way and she does something else, then ur heart beats painfully.... sigh....really most ladies cannot
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Women aren't complicated, our feelings just get in the way of what we WANT to do rather then what we SHOULD do. We want to rub their feet and build statues of them. We should demand respect and reward them only for good behavior. True passion can only be achieved when the man is willing to walk away at a moment's notice. After all, if you say "I love you!" after a coffee date, then the passion is gone because you have shown that you will not walk away. Flowers and gifts should be used as a REWARD, not as an item to BUY her affections. When a woman treats you with indifference, you challenge her. When a woman treats you with disrespect, you punish her by withdrawing your affection and time. When a woman treats you well with respect and the affection you want, you reward her. I think the solid line of thought that will get you as many girls as you want and keep your relationships bright and fiery is: Do not have desire.

first, whoever you are, I love the way you write. I get your point, this is like the most solid advice ever. But at the end doesn't it become like a game? why can't it be just be real n straight forward.... we as humans make everything so complex..
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

Lol u ehn..... I used to have an adamantium heart, everything Gets broken someday, I don't wish it for u but if it ever happens feel free to come vent here.

PS those niggaz u described are just savages..... that's not love Biko... they are not in my category
Uh....I should vent where? Nairaland With This trolls Roaming The streets Of NL...i'd probably feel worse!

Yes! u got that right! real Savages! angry
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, but like you said, up to a certain extent. For me, the rose coloured glasses come off when I feel unappreciated or taken for granted. I give my all because I cannot do things half-ass. Excuse my French. I'm very black or white in my thinking & actions. Either I'm all in or I'm all out. And I expect the same in return. I can't be playing games & wasting my time. However, when I see that someone is not on the same page with me, I have no problem shifting gears & move from being a fool in love to total indifference in a snap. It's like there's an inner on/off switch to my love nature. When it's on, it's burning hot & all consuming, but when off, then I just don't care. I wouldn't have it any other way though because I love the high of being in love. It makes me feel alive. I can't imagine walking around feeling all psychopathic & emotionally numb. I might as well be dead. I want to FEEL, good or bad it's alright, just as long as I'm feeling something grin

awwww I get you fam.. I really wouldn't mind having that switch right about now, it makes everything so much easier. I am getting there though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Ex-girlfriends Become More Beautiful After Breakups?(photo) / SEX TALK: The Funniest Excuse You Gave A Girl For Cuming Too Quick Is? / This Is So embarasssing. Absolute disgrace & very sad!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.