Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic (6225 Views)

Uju Obianujueo: "My Big Boobs Bring Joy And Pain" (Photos) / Guys Who Sleep With A Girl And Broadcast It Are Hopeless / Please Help I Think I Am What People Call"hopeless Romantic" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by obiorathesubtle: 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

I'll have to be mean here. But you're the exact definition of a magina; a by- product of nonsense female idealism.
It may tok late to teach an old dog a new trick, but we can always modify the previous one. Since you posess undying love, it would be logical to channel this " Apollonian Eros" to other non human stuff, or activities. Nerds do it all the time; Do you like programming?, strive to please programming like it was your unseen girlfriend. do you love art?, immerse yourself in a picasso-like state of nirvana. The moment you begin to channel this pure love to other things, there'd be little left for the female folk.
Women generally like men with a passion for other things other than they themselves. Thats why women of old preferred warriors, scribes, knights. These man hve kne thing in common, love for their trade.
lastky , start watching action movies, TV fûcks with the mind. too much of romantic nonsense gives you a meaningless utopia which doesnt exist, never existed, and never will exist.

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Still awaiting the proof

Patience, my little darling, patience grin

Butch, where are you from in Nigeria? It's like most of the Nigerian population is crammed in Lagos. Every Nigerian I know in real life says they're from Lagos
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

grin
Cute.
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Oops *looks left and right* I was so enamoured in your presence I wasnt aware the others had run off
PunkyVeer:

grin
Cute.

Would u guys just meet up already?
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

Would u guys just meet up already?

Only if he is a true lover like us grin
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Reborn5: 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
400billionman:
I am not hopeless like you.

Next !

Lol sorry na + those who weren't hopeless didn't have to loud it, we noticed all the same #food for thought -peace
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Patience, my little darling, patience grin

Butch, where are you from in Nigeria? It's like most of the Nigerian population is crammed in Lagos. Every Nigerian I know in real life says they're from Lagos

Hehehehe
Naaah Im not from Lagos Im far from Lagos waaaaay up north
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Only if he is a true lover like us grin

Hmmmmmm
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Hehehehe
Naaah Im not from Lagos Im far from Lagos waaaaay up north

A bit vague but I'll take it smiley
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by 400billionman: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

Lol sorry na + those who weren't hopeless didn't have to loud it, we noticed all the same #food for thought -peace

I was not dissing you.

It is fair that if you gave too much in love in the past and got hurt. You should learn the game for future purposes.

Some people's love is actually wicked. Giving your all should be reserved after marriage.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

A bit vague but I'll take it smiley

Yeah. For now... let's leave the specifics for later y'dig wink
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by AfroKnight: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=BUTCHCASSIDY post=39869175][/quote]

The force.... It's strong grin
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Yeah. For now... let's leave the specifics for later y'dig wink

Yessir!

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by AfroKnight: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:

true but masking feelings just leaves u in pain later, u expect her to react one way and she does something else, then ur heart beats painfully.... sigh....really most ladies cannot

Yeah, at first it felt like I was fooling myself and there's this heartache (literally) every time she toys with your feelings but with time you'll settle into character. I advice people to mask their feelings. Girls can frustrate any guy who's romantic. grin So I keep the romance on "low heat" to be fired up only occasionally.

It works for me. I remember a babe who once took my sincere feelings for granted, begging me (later on) to tell her I miss her and I love her. Then I said it like a boss. cool

If a guy makes a girl feel irreplaceable, she's going to test the verity of that statement.

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by AfroKnight: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Yessir!

grin grin grin hey hopeless romantic.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Yessir!

Hehehehehe
what about you. Are U from Johannesburg, cos everyone I talk to seems to come from there grin wink
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Hehehehehe
what about you. Are U from Johannesburg, cos everyone I talk to seems to come from there grin wink

No, Pretoria.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Lol, you & me both. So where do I sign up for the bleeding hearts club? tongue

It's pretty simple imo, people just don't deserve true lovers like us grin So to hell with them if they can't appreciate realness.

You are a true lover?
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

You are a true lover?

Of course. You doubt it?
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by 14teenK: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Worst feeling....case of unrequited feelings , Sleeping and rolling round the bed, thinking of one shit... .SMH Hell No......have learnt my lessons,won't Eva happen again.

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Of course. You doubt it?

Not really
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Not really

smiley
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
Op , I luv loyal nd sincere guys lyk yu, wud luv to be a friend? Dnt change o cos someone luvx u for dat
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Op I luv u for being loyal
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

smiley

Guess i'll find out wink
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

No, Pretoria.

I see. Interesting. I got some other questions but Im sure with time.......
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
nikkyharry:
Op I luv u for being loyal

Thats what you all say. When he asks you out you will be doing shakara angry

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
TjNoobsaibot:

Guess i'll find out wink

Sure wink
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Lsofdk(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Lol, you & me both. So where do I sign up for the bleeding hearts club? tongue

It's pretty simple imo, people just don't deserve true lovers like us grin So to hell with them if they can't appreciate realness.
that makes us 3…no 2 coz now i intentionally play tough and heartless at some point.
side effect= I'm been hunted by my conscience afterward…… well its a little price to pay
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by BerryScott(f): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
once upon a song i was n still is a helpless but not hopeless romantic.

i always believe that anything worth doing is worth doing well, inasmuch this softheartedness didnt help so much in my past relationship but it really thought me how to refine myself properly

dear OP, DO NOT BE DECEIVED, i repeat DO NOT BE DECEIVED. for what rocks my boat can/may/will sink yours.
the best advice is the advice you give yourself because its born out of your being. look inwards and find solace in your soul, some may say mask your feelings, this, that. but i say 'guard your heart jealously'.

#peace

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
PunkyVeer:

No, Pretoria.
Noted
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Reborn5:
so, gather round children and let me tell you a story. I know I am not the only guy who loves too much, and I definitely know am not the only one who has gotten hurt in the process.

I am a hopeless Romantic and it hurts like hell.. once I like a girl, I mean really like a girl, I would go out of my way for her, trust me all out, I give my all, I am there for her, I listen to her vent, I chill with her when she's ill, I tell her or love her and I mean it, name it All but then boom heartbreak. this is when it becomes annoying, because the thinking starts, I try figuring out what I did wrong, why a girl I like will tell me she can spend the rest of her life but go nack someone else... I analyze and analyse till my mind becomes weary n I get distracted in real life.... affecting my work and what not.

so in my definition, from what I have gathered I am a modern day nice guy, when I like a girl I just wanna make her happy and talk to her ever day... there maybe other girls but there is always this one girl... and the last one girl In my picture told me along the line her feelings for me became like that of a family member... somebody say ouch..

This is someone I would have done anything for according to my capability .... the girl before this I actually liked told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, and strung me along using me for emotional and other support whenever she needed and as always I was always there. then a few months later she tells me she just broke up with another bf.... and m like when exactly did u have a bf and why was I the last to know? well she didn't wanna hurt my feelings she says.... wow who knew my feelings mattered...

so maybe I have bad luck, but in my analysis my problem is simple... I love till it is taken for granted, I care too much, I don't play games and maybe it becomes boring along the line....

maybe I started this thread to vent, or probably have too much time on my hands or maybe I need to find others like me with fragile hearts, male and female alike.... where are you guys? come relate with me, come tell I am fine, and come tell me I am not alone, you who treat us this way u are also invited, come tell us why, feel free to diss me but I can't help being the way I am, but for the time being.... all ye folks with fragile hearts come tell me your stories and let's all become heartless together.

Sorry but you are setting yourself up for disappointments esp in a hell hole called Nigeria where girls and guys take advantage of such character. Under Neath it all we are all savagaes so left to me I'd say tone it down or stop it am sure you've been disappointed already. Its a dog eat dog world out here.
Re: The Pain Of Being A Hopeless Romantic by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
I used to think like you so you don't think am an a$$hole and trust me I've learnt my lesson the hard way. You don't want to be the guy the girls tell all their issues to while they go f@ck someone else and come back crying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Single Ladies Refused To Marry Man Who Earn 50k Monthly - Nigerian Man Says / #nobarday Nigerian Slay Queens With 'heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter (photos) / Ermmmmmmm Its Official Onila Is No More A Virgin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.