Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa (39587 Views)

SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation / Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University / Farida Lolade-Yusuf, Unilorin Best Graduating Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Come and get 4.92 here in UNN.
It is possible anywhere guy! Even if it has not been done in UNN, u can set the pace. Never feel that it is impossible. I say it any day that first class isn't too difficult to make.... like orwoluwa pointed out...consistency is the key most especially for those that started well from year one which is easy to do provided you were good from secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by nsyforreal: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:

are u implying unn is better than unilorin. Guy check current university rating in nigeria in the past five years and see where unilorin and unn stands.

please we should appreciate people who are outstanding instead of criticising.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by kimnicki(f): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
tell them oh
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by BCISLTD: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2015
blesseddivah:
Awww..
He must made just 2-3Bs throughout his 8semesters in school while the rest were A's

I TAP

Congrats to him

Who needs a 1st class..when I can "TAP" u
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by MedicalSamwise(m): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2015
charliejose:
are u minding someone that's his gp is same as the refractive index of water undecided . .. Why wouldn't he think it's a miracle to get such cumulative grade point

laf wan tear my belle o.....wicked!!!cheesy
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by starG7(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2015
congratulations
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Mathewa(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2015
congrat
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by simdam500(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Brilliant!
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2015
Let him switch to computer algorithms..it will help him alot
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2015
Haykay80:
Delta state University......its a less privilege university design to encourage Deltan. If u want to make comparative , dont compare state university with Federal University

Your diction sucks! So much for a federal university undergraduate
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by ilynem(m): 8:49am On Nov 11, 2015
JaypeeAnics:
wow....I can make such a cgpa...cus I'm still in year one and my future is still bright.
Bright till you start smoking igbo and chasing women.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Phatbutty: 8:50am On Nov 11, 2015
D guy is a genius. He shud av graduated with a higher CGPA but due to some itches with lecturers, u know na, dem dy beef am. There was a time he was lamenting why he got B instead of A and was asking the lecturer to bring out what he marked dat made him got B, d lecturer didn't give it out though. Congrats bro

2 Likes

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by niyidenrele: 8:51am On Nov 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
One hour minimum? Lol.. That's ridiculous.. 4.92? grin I'm sure there are no sadists in his department..

Special Shout-Out to Dr. Obi Calista (The Almighty Sadist, Department of Economics.. Delta State University)

Wait o! Did I just hear 69 first class graduates? Hehehehehe.. Well, since there are no benefits attached, I'm not surprised.. Unlike my school, where every first class graduate receives #5 million, scholarship to Ph.D level with automatic employment and loads of other goodies .. Little wonder graduating with a first class in my citadel of learning is more difficult than making heaven.. (Too much benefits)

#team_9hours/day..
#team_ DELSU
#team_ECONOMICS

Y = FYB(t-1)
lmao ......u Kno go kill person.....
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by djshoxy(m): 8:51am On Nov 11, 2015
baruzeez:
SAKA Ismaila Oreoluwa has emerged the best graduating student of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), with a 4.92 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).

At the University’s 31st convocation, Oreoluwa was the toast of all, where the institution recorded 69 first class graduands. The event was graced by dignitaries such as the President of Ghana Dr. John Dramani Mahama; Kwara State Governor, Alhaji (Dr.) Abdulfatah Ahmed; the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumini Kabir Usman, his Ilorin counterpart, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, among others.

Oreoluwa said he achieved the coveted feat through hard work and consistency, adding that no one can rule out God’s wish. He noted that he didn’t follow any rigid study pattern during his stay at the institution.

On his involvement in campus politics, he said he is a politician, who deployed his skills to serve others, adding “I am a bit of a politician; I was the immediate past Financial Secretary of the Association of Statistics Student, and treasurer of the Unilorin Quiz/debate club, among others.”

He said, “I don’t really have a study pattern, though I read anytime of the day. All I need to do daily is to spend at least one hour on my academics. There are times I may not read for days due to busy schedules. I don’t compete with anybody except myself. I maintain a normal life and never go to the extreme.

“I don’t read that much; I spend a minimum of one to three hours reading most times. I make sure I read whenever I needed to; I don’t read for reading sake. My one hour reading sometimes might equal someone else’s seven days reading,” he added.

Noting that he wants to become a leading problem solver, business analyst and an auditor, he said he liked applying the knowledge of statistics on the outside world and making meaningful interpretation for business world.

On the progression of his grades he said, “my CGPA started with 5.00 in 100 level, 4:97 in 200 level. It dropped to 4:90 after 300 level and I graduated with 4.92. One of the things the university taught me is how to relate well with people, because I used to be a shy person. On the average, I have more male friends than female and I treat all, equally.”
source: www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/oreoluwa-emerges-unilorins-best/
. My grade pass dat one. But I neva see work.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by adioolayi(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2015
kimnicki:

tell them oh
You people should just go and read your books!
The best graduating student from that same UNN in 2015 got 4.88...when you see excellence.. just celebrate and don't hate!

http://studentsforumng.com/unn-graduates-14015-students-85-make-first-class/

2 Likes

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Sasuwa(f): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2015
No wonder unilorin is overrated. So all what i taught of unilorin is not . See someone wey dey read for just an hour is topping them all.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Meritocracy: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2015
My oppinion is that since people always like subscribing for the best and unilorin is the most subscribe with 107 candidate this year and everybody was struggling to be there. Unilorin is the best and UNN should be indoor wen unilorin is on stage.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by otr1(m): 8:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
I can assure you he will get 5.00 in UNN if he can get in Unilorin.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Idrismusty97(m): 8:54am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Lol if your GP na MTN credit would it be enough to flash? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Meritocracy: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2015
I mean 107k with available slot of 10k
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by otr1(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2015
Sasuwa:
No wonder unilorin is overrated. So all what i taught of unilorin is not . See someone wey dey read for just an hour is topping them all.
You don't have to read the whole day, day in, day out, for 4 years to make first class in Statistics or Mathematics- that's if you have a brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by tjdimmy(m): 8:57am On Nov 11, 2015
That was my dream too o, all those unilorin girls and constant party no gree me get sense. Bad as e bad, me sef sha grad, shout out to all 2.2 Graduates all over Nigeria wey escape third class by the whiskers.

Congrats Oreoluwa, 4.92 no be beans, bigger you i pray.

3 Likes

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by bashydemy(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
what is UNN when talking about Unilorin
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by hollowpot15684(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2015
We see first class but we don't see the outcome of their Grades, I pray this one don't end up in Lecture room or Bank.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Zellie: 8:58am On Nov 11, 2015
He smart!
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
JaypeeAnics:
wow....I can make such a cgpa...cus I'm still in year one and my future is still bright.
if you do quote me for your 5 million
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Sasuwa:
lol.. too bad for dem
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by sobal(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
it seems u r high on weed r u now comparing unilorin wit unn. Pls wats unn?

1 Like

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:

C'mon Dunce! That's my opinion what's your problem with that.
It is a stoopid opinion
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by DJBIGGY(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2015
baruzeez:
SAKA Ismaila Oreoluwa has emerged the best graduating student of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), with a 4.92 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).

At the University’s 31st convocation, Oreoluwa was the toast of all, where the institution recorded 69 first class graduands. The event was graced by dignitaries such as the President of Ghana Dr. John Dramani Mahama; Kwara State Governor, Alhaji (Dr.) Abdulfatah Ahmed; the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumini Kabir Usman, his Ilorin counterpart, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, among others.

Oreoluwa said he achieved the coveted feat through hard work and consistency, adding that no one can rule out God’s wish. He noted that he didn’t follow any rigid study pattern during his stay at the institution.

On his involvement in campus politics, he said he is a politician, who deployed his skills to serve others, adding “I am a bit of a politician; I was the immediate past Financial Secretary of the Association of Statistics Student, and treasurer of the Unilorin Quiz/debate club, among others.”

He said, “I don’t really have a study pattern, though I read anytime of the day. All I need to do daily is to spend at least one hour on my academics. There are times I may not read for days due to busy schedules. I don’t compete with anybody except myself. I maintain a normal life and never go to the extreme.

“I don’t read that much; I spend a minimum of one to three hours reading most times. I make sure I read whenever I needed to; I don’t read for reading sake. My one hour reading sometimes might equal someone else’s seven days reading,” he added.

Noting that he wants to become a leading problem solver, business analyst and an auditor, he said he liked applying the knowledge of statistics on the outside world and making meaningful interpretation for business world.

On the progression of his grades he said, “my CGPA started with 5.00 in 100 level, 4:97 in 200 level. It dropped to 4:90 after 300 level and I graduated with 4.92. One of the things the university taught me is how to relate well with people, because I used to be a shy person. On the average, I have more male friends than female and I treat all, equally.”
source: www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/oreoluwa-emerges-unilorins-best/

While i genuinely congratulate him... I would just advise him not to allow it swell his head. No jobs in Nigeria, nothing nothing... last last no be grades person go use rate one if he is not making money. May God bless his hustle
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by otr1(m): 9:03am On Nov 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
One hour minimum? Lol.. That's ridiculous.. 4.92? grin I'm utterly sure there are no sadists in his department..

Special Shout-Out to Dr. Obi Calista (The Almighty Sadist, Department of Economics.. Delta State University)

Wait o! Did I just hear 69 first class graduates? Hehehehehe.. Well, since there are no benefits attached, I'm not surprised.. Unlike my school, where every first class graduate receives #5 million, scholarship to Ph.D level with automatic employment and loads of other goodies .. Little wonder graduating with a first class in my citadel of learning is more difficult than making heaven.. (Too much benefits)

#team_9hours/day..
#team_ DELSU
#team_ECONOMICS

Y = FYB(t-1)
I graduated from Unilorin and we had only 9 first class students- mostly in Maths and Statistics.
Almost 40 years now and Economics hasn't produced a first class student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education / Habiba Daggash Graduates From Oxford With First Class In Engineering / Student Beats Principal To Coma In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.