Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa (39578 Views)

SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation / Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University / Farida Lolade-Yusuf, Unilorin Best Graduating Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Golden75(m): 9:03am On Nov 11, 2015
Woow dats nice, although dats d advantage of calculation course over theoritical courses. Congrat to d young man
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Come and get 4.92 here in UNN.
unilorin is a more dignified university in character and learning than that cultism infested unn.

3 Likes

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Sammypedro18(m): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Well,yu can't get first class in some deprtmnts....here in Uniport first class is often from art nd education courses. Since d inception of my department (Geology) derz bin only 1 1st class student way bck 32yrs ago!
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by sobal(m): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Sasuwa:
No wonder unilorin is overrated. So all what i taught of unilorin is not . See someone wey dey read for just an hour is topping them all.
lolz, I will urge u to com apply for any programme in unilori nd see hell, face tanke sure me die
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by sobal(m): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2015
Meritocracy:
My oppinion is that since people always like subscribing for the best and unilorin is the most subscribe with 107 candidate this year and everybody was struggling to be there. Unilorin is the best and UNN should be indoor wen unilorin is on stage.
gbam dats d fact take it or leave it
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 11, 2015
otr1:

I graduated from Unilorin and we had only 9 first class students- mostly in Maths and Statistics.
Almost 40 years now and Economics hasn't produced a first class student
I believe you.. Most of the lecturers in the department of Economics in most universities are sadists, owing to the fact that they themselves didn't graduate with a first class.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by noblegrex: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
come and get 4.92 here in UNN,that's nice.but the question you should ask yourself is; is he the only one in their set?is he the only one thought.I'm sure they're many as his course met.so for only him to have bagged that 4.92 Cgpa,its worthy of commendation..so let them recognise him ehn.ok

2 Likes

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by themannia(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:

You're a truly foolish person. I'm sure you don't have any hope of reaching that height in your school. That's why you can't simply commend a persons effort.

1 Like

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Bobulopsy(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2015
Whao! Genius in making,anyway congrats bro!
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by shypo(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
One hour minimum? Lol.. That's ridiculous.. 4.92? grin I'm utterly sure there are no sadists in his department..

Special Shout-Out to Dr. Obi Calista (The Almighty Sadist, Department of Economics.. Delta State University)

Wait o! Did I just hear 69 first class graduates? Hehehehehe.. Well, since there are no benefits attached, I'm not surprised.. Unlike my school, where every first class graduate receives #5 million, scholarship to Ph.D level with automatic employment and loads of other goodies .. Little wonder graduating with a first class in my citadel of learning is more difficult than making heaven.. (Too much benefits)

#team_9hours/day..
#team_ DELSU
#team_ECONOMICS

Y = FYB(t-1)
Guy forget abt the 5m issue, is given by the state government, u can compare Delta State to Kwara state.
I graduated in that same dept last year, and every one knows Saka Oreoluwa is a Great scholar.I can Bold of him that anywhere he is,will surely standout.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by pikapizy(m): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2015
69 first class? Which day my school go give 1 first class self ? Come to Ambrose Alli university and lose your zeal to study ! Even 2:1 self no reach 69 this year ...God go judge them
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by eyinjuege: 9:16am On Nov 11, 2015
agabaI23:
Sharap, Osita Onuma got 4.98 from electronics
Go and read!

Really shocked shocked,

Some people are just born geniuses, and most times its never about how many hours they study.
Any school they go, they excel extraordinarily. It is just what it is. Especially in this day and age where they have information at their finger tips from all walks of life.
Congrats to the young man...
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by haibe(m): 9:17am On Nov 11, 2015
Joejonah:
I don't understand how a lecturer will mark wrong what you got right. Everyone claims their school is the most difficult to attain such height.

A first class brain is same irrespective of the school, we can't say such for different courses though....

Congrats to the young man.

In as much as i agree with you.. The lecturer taking you has a part to play.. A huge part to play.. In how he teaches, the questions he set in exams and how he marks.. This 3 factors can make a difference between a second class in Unilag and a first class in covenant uni. For example.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by pikapizy(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
One hour minimum? Lol.. That's ridiculous.. 4.92? grin I'm utterly sure there are no sadists in his department..

Special Shout-Out to Dr. Obi Calista (The Almighty Sadist, Department of Economics.. Delta State University)

Wait o! Did I just hear 69 first class graduates? Hehehehehe.. Well, since there are no benefits attached, I'm not surprised.. Unlike my school, where every first class graduate receives #5 million, scholarship to Ph.D level with automatic employment and loads of other goodies .. Little wonder graduating with a first class in my citadel of learning is more difficult than making heaven.. (Too much benefits)

#team_9hours/day..
#team_ DELSU
#team_ECONOMICS

Y = FYB(t-1)
you say delsu hard ? Come check AAU ...we record like 1 first class in 6years ...in my school 2:1 is celebrated like first class even this last sect there wasn't up to 69 second class upper..I know a guy who meritted first class after calculating his CGP only to take his result and see 2:2(who wan argue with school?)...I've been to delsu several time and my best friends are student of delsu...people still pray for first class...but in ekpoma when someone tells u you'll have first class ...you will quickly reject it cos its an indirect curse...it means you won't graduate cos the school don't give first class
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by jmizzy1(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
he no ft get that grade for technology skul wit that hrs of reading. ...cum to futminna yu go hear am
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by einsteino(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Japhet04:
shut up, you guys would never commend someone's success even when it is evident that they deserve it.

Dont mind him. Am an alumnus of UNN, in 2011 one ozioma graduated from electronics engr with 4.98 I think. Just like UNN, UNILORIN is a federal school and wouldnt dash grades like private unis, so I believe his 4.92 was merited and a proof of his briliance. So I commend his effort even though I managed to make a 2/1

2 Likes

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Moonland100(m): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Motolank:
Olodo Omo...is that all he can get
henhen....his mate r collectin 5.9...he is collectin 4.92.
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Deedee27(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:

Japhet04:
shut up, you guys would never commend someone's success even when it is evident that they deserve it.

I am a graduate of Unilorin from mathematics department.. we and statistics department are neighbors when I was still in school.. Statistics is in block1 first floor while Mathematics is in block1 ground floor.. and I also have friends in that department too.. So for the guy to make 1st class he deserves it 100%.. Unilorin is one of the toughest school to make 2:2 in Nigeria not to talk of first class.. #FOR THE GUY TO MAKE 1ST CLASS IN UNILORIN , HE CAN MAKE FIRST CLASS ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD..

As for his reading pattern, I have a very close friend that also graduated in mathematics department with 1st class and his reading pattern is the same as this guy too.. He never spend too much time reading, he can even go for days without reading, but he never miss any lecture.. Some of us spend hours reading and this guy may spend only an hour , He will still be the one teaching us..

What I'm trying to point out is that our level of assimilation differs.. what will take some people 12hours to assimilate will take some people just 1hour.. Study your self to know your best pattern of reading and assimilating.. And most importantly pray to God for more Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by ElCapone(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2015
Japhet04:
Abi oooh. Bad belle is allowed sha!!!
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Richiez(m): 9:32am On Nov 11, 2015
grin
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by eyinjuege: 9:32am On Nov 11, 2015
Abdkimmy:
You are wrong; even though you said to experience a lot of difficulty to get 3.99, are you saying that is the best of UNN? Accept the fact that you are just not good enough.

You are very correct. Some of us do very well after studying so hard, extremely hard but usually we don't do as well as the geniuses, who dont even study a quarter of how we study. They are simply gifted, and don't need to work as hard as others have to, to achieve not even same results but better results. Such people are very few in the society generally.

3 Likes

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by dubemivan(m): 9:33am On Nov 11, 2015
Chai!!! this one na brainy... when some persons spent every day in Library and still struggle to make 2:1 and few like Oreoluwa spent jst an hour to achieve that feat.
I agree some have that anoiting to excel in academics, these rare breed worth celebrating... it aint easy in this kind of country. Ask my fellow UNN graduand.
Congrat Oreoluwa!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by mrpackager(m): 9:33am On Nov 11, 2015
juicydiceyjoe:
for the non science passerby REFRACTIVE INDEX OF WATER: 1.3330

he might actually be talking about Specific heat capacity which is 4.2

he's even wrong
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2015
kudos,i love that,always remain focused,excellence pays
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Ozededes: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2015
Get an Ocean View plot of land in our Awesome view estate in moserekogan village, awoyaya, Lekki Lagos for 3.5m.
Features
200meters away from the beach
Ocean view
Buy and get instant allocation
Free from government or omo onile (land tout)
Behind Eko Akete city
No limitation on building design
120 X 60ft (668sqm)
Well Planned layout

For more info call 09097655731

www.pacismultiplex.com

34b isaac john street igbobi, Fadeyi Lagos.

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by dayorlee(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2015
congrat bro.... kip moving
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by Gassa007: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
Waiting for the day someone will beat OAU's Temitope Ajetumobi's 4.98 CGPA. *sigh* some people are born geniuses, Temitope Ajetumobi tops the list. Congrats Saka Oreoluwa, but u will still be very "loyal" beside Temitope Ajetumobi! grin
Osita Onuma got 4.98 from electronics,UNN
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by j4sure(m): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2015
CONGRATS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
baruzeez:
SAKA Ismaila Oreoluwa has emerged the best graduating student of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), with a 4.92 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).

At the University’s 31st convocation, Oreoluwa was the toast of all, where the institution recorded 69 first class graduands. The event was graced by dignitaries such as the President of Ghana Dr. John Dramani Mahama; Kwara State Governor, Alhaji (Dr.) Abdulfatah Ahmed; the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumini Kabir Usman, his Ilorin counterpart, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, among others.

Oreoluwa said he achieved the coveted feat through hard work and consistency, adding that no one can rule out God’s wish. He noted that he didn’t follow any rigid study pattern during his stay at the institution.

On his involvement in campus politics, he said he is a politician, who deployed his skills to serve others, adding “I am a bit of a politician; I was the immediate past Financial Secretary of the Association of Statistics Student, and treasurer of the Unilorin Quiz/debate club, among others.”

He said, “I don’t really have a study pattern, though I read anytime of the day. All I need to do daily is to spend at least one hour on my academics. There are times I may not read for days due to busy schedules. I don’t compete with anybody except myself. I maintain a normal life and never go to the extreme.

“I don’t read that much; I spend a minimum of one to three hours reading most times. I make sure I read whenever I needed to; I don’t read for reading sake. My one hour reading sometimes might equal someone else’s seven days reading,” he added.

Noting that he wants to become a leading problem solver, business analyst and an auditor, he said he liked applying the knowledge of statistics on the outside world and making meaningful interpretation for business world.

On the progression of his grades he said, “my CGPA started with 5.00 in 100 level, 4:97 in 200 level. It dropped to 4:90 after 300 level and I graduated with 4.92. One of the things the university taught me is how to relate well with people, because I used to be a shy person. On the average, I have more male friends than female and I treat all, equally.”
source: www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/oreoluwa-emerges-unilorins-best/
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by kelzgie44: 9:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Okay.......dats gud....first class not easy tho' ...courses ease differs too
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by fruityjojo(f): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2015
pikapizy:
69 first class? Which day my school go give 1 first class self ? Come to Ambrose Alli university and lose your zeal to study ! Even 2:1 self no reach 69 this year ...God go judge them
Shut up dunce! 2:1 in my faculty alone(law) last year was more than that.

1 Like

Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by karama22(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2015
C'mon Dunce! That's my opinion what's your problem with that.[/quote]
u are an enemy of progress....what's so special with unn...I served in enugu (ede-oballa) nssuka. nothing special with de lecturer's. .na bad belle go kill u. u are those dat finish with pass/third class
Re: Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa by karama22(m): 10:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Aspiregreat:

C'mon Dunce! That's my opinion what's your problem with that.
u are an enemy of progress....what's so special with unn...I served in enugu (ede-oballa) nssuka. nothing special with de lecturer's. .na bad belle go kill u. u are those dat finish with pass/third class

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? / I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education / Habiba Daggash Graduates From Oxford With First Class In Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.