Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. (3269 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage / Adam Was The First White Man Created, NOT The First Man. / If Jehovah Is Omnipresent, Where Was It When Eve Was Talking To The Snake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
Eve was deceived. Adam was not. The argument from the egalitarians is that Eve was deceived, and Adam was not. Therefore, sin entered the world through him because her sin was not as bad as Adams. Discuss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by itstpia8: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
Genesis 2 17, 18

God gave Adam the instruction not to eat from the tree.

Then, He created Eve as his helpmeet.

so. . . . . . .
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by itstpia8: 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Can we ask why God did not create Eve before giving Adam the instruction?
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by donnffd(m): 6:37am On Nov 12, 2015
It doesn't matter, its all a Jewish myth anyways

5 Likes

Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by Goshen360(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2015
cc: DoubleDeeX

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by PastorOluT(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
Eve was deceived. Adam was not. The argument from the egalitarians is that Eve was deceived, and Adam was not. Therefore, sin entered the world through him because her sin was not as bad as Adams. Discuss.

Smile, this is going to be really interesting. I actually did a teaching on this sometimes ago in relation to wilfully sinning.

Busy right now, be back with my contribution.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by kuss: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2015
the commandment not eat the fruit was given to adam not eve in other word adam knew the law while even did not know
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by kuss: 11:41am On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=kuss post=39975397]the commandment not eat the fruit was given to adam not eve in other word adam knew the law while even did not know

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
itstpia8:

Genesis 2 17, 18

God gave Adam the instruction not to eat from the tree.

Then, He created Eve as his helpmeet.

so. . . . . . .

Why did the serpent go to Eve and not Adam?
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
itstpia8:

Can we ask why God did not create Eve before giving Adam the instruction?

Are you assuming Adam didn't inform Eve of the instruction? cool

1 Like

Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by itstpia8: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Are you assuming Adam didn't inform Eve of the instruction? cool

what I asked was why did God not create Eve before giving Adam those specific orders.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by itstpia8: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Why did the serpent go to Eve and not Adam?

your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
itstpia8:

what I asked was why did God not create Eve before giving Adam those specific orders.

I believe Eve was in Adam when the instruction was given. cool
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
itstpia8:

your guess is as good as mine.

That Eve was the weaker sex? undecided
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

That Eve was the weaker sex? undecided

no, that's not necessarily the reason.

Adam was actually weakened by the creation of Eve, since something went out of him which wasnt replaced.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

so were Cain, Abel and his thousands of immediate descendants.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
tpiadotcom:

no, that's not necessarily the reason.

Adam was actually weakened by the creation of Eve, since something went out of him which wasnt replaced.

Remember that God performed the first perfect surgery and that without anaesthetics. God did a perfect job. Even if Adam was weakened by that operation wouldn't he be the best option for the serpent to tempt?
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
tpiadotcom:

so were Cain, Abel and his thousands of immediate descendants.

Eve was directly taken out of Adam which is different from procreation.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 12:18am On Nov 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

this was what I responded to.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 12:26am On Nov 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Remember that God performed the first perfect surgery and that without anaesthetics. God did a perfect job. Even if Adam was weakened by that operation wouldn't he be the best option for the serpent to tempt?

Eve was created while Adam was asleep (anaesthesia).

Adam would be the best option for the serpent to tempt, but if he had been the one giving authority to the serpent, the consequences would have been worse than what actually obtained. he did not die the day they ate the fruit, that could have been because he wasn't the actual person who was tempted or who actually initiated the disobedience.

If Adam had been the one tempted by the serpent and assuming he died after doing so, wouldn't that have nullified everything else about creation and given the serpent free rein over earth? Let's assume perhaps the curse was a lesser evil.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 2:44am On Nov 20, 2015
point to ponder:

Adam was in the garden before Eve was created. He was alone, hence the need for a partner.

Do you think the serpent was there from the getgo or did it enter after Eve arrived?

ie, do you think he'd had prior contact with the serpent before Eve got there?

In addition, Adam domesticated some of the animals prior to Eve's arrival. In what category would you place the serpent? Wild animal or domesticated?
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 2:47am On Nov 20, 2015
One more thing.

Who was God talking to in the garden?
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
tpiadotcom:

this was what I responded to.

Eve was directly created out of Adam while their descendants were procreated.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Eve was created while Adam was asleep (anaesthesia).

Adam would be the best option for the serpent to tempt, but if he had been the one giving authority to the serpent, the consequences would have been worse than what actually obtained. he did not die the day they ate the fruit, that could have been because he wasn't the actual person who was tempted or who actually initiated the disobedience.

If Adam had been the one tempted by the serpent and assuming he died after doing so, wouldn't that have nullified everything else about creation and given the serpent free rein over earth? Let's assume perhaps the curse was a lesser evil.

It didn't make any difference. Death is death, first spiritual and then physical. I believe the serpent saw Eve as a soft touch who would reason with him and that's why I think he chose to tempt Eve who will in turn get to the heart of her husband. Remember Eve was created close to Adam's heart.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
tpiadotcom:
One more thing.

Who was God talking to in the garden?

The first Adam was talking to the Second and Last Adam in the cool of the day.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2015
Methinks Adam had a more "intimate" relationship with god. Remember he was the first human and so his relationship was, let's say, deeper than Eves.

But I don't know. I don't think anyone does.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It didn't make any difference. Death is death, first spiritual and then physical. I believe the serpent saw Eve as a soft touch who would reason with him and that's why I think he chose to tempt Eve who will in turn get to the heart of her husband. Remember Eve was created close to Adam's heart.

Tempting Adam and having him being the one to directly disobey God, would have had more severe consequences for the earth in general, compared to having Eve deflect the danger somewhat. Adam was the ruler and Eve his helper (shield).

When the ruler goes down, so do the ruled. If the ruler's assistant capitulates, it is not an entirety.

why did God tell the serpent it was cursed above all livestock and beasts?
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
SirWere:

Methinks Adam had a more "intimate" relationship with god. Remember he was the first human and so his relationship was, let's say, deeper than Eves.

But I don't know. I don't think anyone does.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'intimate'? undecided
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Tempting Adam and having him being the one to directly disobey God, would have had more severe consequences for the earth in general, compared to having Eve deflect the danger somewhat. Adam was the ruler and Eve his helper (shield).

When the ruler goes down, so do the ruled. If the ruler's assistant capitulates, it is not an entirety.

why did God tell the serpent it was cursed above all livestock and beasts?

It is a matter of them playing the blame game. Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent and the serpent had no legs to stand on. shocked
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
If the serpent received the lion's share of the curses meant for the animals, does that mean livestock and beasts were already cursed before?

when did they get cursed to begin with?
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
tpiadotcom:

If the serpent received the lion's share of the curses meant for the animals, does that mean livestock and beasts were already cursed before?

when did they get cursed to begin with?

The curse began in Genesis 3:15 when God place a curse on the serpent.
Re: Eve Was Deceived. Adam Was Not. by tpiadotcom: 2:59am On Nov 26, 2015
the curse began in Genesis 3:14.

but when were the livestock and beasts cursed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm In A Fix, Need Help! / Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.