Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? (11530 Views)

Poll: what would You Prefer

Shoe Driving: 47% (51 votes)
Foot Driving: 52% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / How Much Does It Cost To Clear A 40 Foot Container In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by ABS1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
Can do both.
Barefoot: The pedals start to hurt after a while ( cos I spend at least 4.5hrs in traffic daily)
Shoes : Preferred, but during rainy season the soles can get slippery cos of wet sand which also stick to the pedals. ( which I find irritating)
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2009
to all babes who drive barefoot, pls if your feet are not fine then don't expose them. thank you.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2009
I prefer driving barefoot cos I'll rather get my Foot-Mats dirty and muddy than my pedals. grin

Though when my Shoes are clean I drive with them, cos its more comfortable for me.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by MrCrackles(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2009
Who cares, as long the the bloody car gets me where i'm going!
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by whobemumu(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2009
without shoes even when in suit

and somee times i comee down barefooted
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by SamMilla1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2009
It actually depends on the kind of shoes i wear when driving.
I prefer flat-footed shoes when driving but if i happen to be on a big boot,
I usually pull the right one off for Break and Trottle pedals.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by oge4real(f): 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2009
I pefere drivin with my shoes since I wear mostly flats, though it is almost impossible to drive on heels.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Seeke(f): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
I learnt to drive barefooted, so by reflex, I take off whateva footwear I'm wearing once I start d ignition. I've tried driving with flat slippers or other comfy footwear, but it felt so funny, I couldn't drive 5km wit 'em on.

Just do what suits you!
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by UNLEASHED(m): 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2009
I prefer driving with my bare foot because I learnt driving barefooted, i don't know how I feel if driving with shoes on. . . Thanks God, it wasn't only me because I begin to think it's a bad habit grin
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Jarus(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
I'm really surprised seeing many people prefer bare-foot driving here. I never imagined it's this popular.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by bioye(m): 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2009
I drive barefooted simply because driving with shoes spoils shoes.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by totalfact(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2009
Whao,
years back when i was learning how to drive, it was much convinient to drive bare-footed.
How as I progressed, i discovered I had suffered a lot. only learner drive bare-footed,cos of fear. Driving is easy. Stop driving barefooted.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
Bare-foot driving?, No! No!! No!!!, that is definetly not for MEN cool
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by manickal(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2009
i drive a Hilux with bare feet because the pedals are worn out and needs hard steppin on.  (i dont know why i've not changed those pedals)  sad the damn car has ruined two of my shoes already.

but my dad's new Camry is new so the pedals are very responsive. so i keep my gear on when driving it.

but if i wasnt so conscious about myself, i prolly would prefer no shoes at all.  grin
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by abhosts(m): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2009
Driving barefooted feels like walking barefooted. I think a good driver should be able to drive with whatever he is wearing.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by platinumnk(f): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2009
HNIC:

Lol
How long does it take to put on shoes?
I rarely drive with my shoes on and it takes less than 30 seconds to put on my shoes.
Even if it takes some time for some people, they may think you are searching for something in your car grin

Yep! Shoes get tossed in the backseat when im driving! I love driving and walking barefoot. cheesy
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Jerjens: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
poster is a gal, yes?
well must gals are foot drivers i tink its the diff heels of the shoes they wear
it confuses the brain no offence intended, newer cars with cruise control u can drive hands only, just dont 4get the brakes!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Pittbaby(f): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2009
I used to love driving barefoot. cos I always wear heels. I moved to the states, and when winter hit that was no longer an option. Now I can drive an SUV in 4 inch heels
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by NosaHenry(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2009
I use to think that it only women and learners that drive on bare foot. I cant drive on bare foot, but with palms iat least f it is a long distance.

But you have to learn to drive with sandals for a start then you can graduate to shoes.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by manny4life(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2009
As for me, because of my height, I feel comfortable driving with my sneakers on. I cannot drive with or without shoes on because I have a very small feet and my kind of shoes are long but enough to accelerate nor brake. So I prefer sneakers on to give me boost and as for when I get to my destination, I just reach for my shoes and put them on or walk to the back and put them on, who cares so long you comfortable in it and you don't accelerate where you suppose to brake. I don't know about you, I have had a driving accident before because my slippers was clinging on to the brakes and had a miscalculation. With my sneakers it all rounder; Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter, its comfortable and I'm not complaining.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by DoubleN(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2009
Well i actually started driving with my Shoes on and later progressed to driving without them.I prefer driving with my shoes off but it depends on the type of car i am driving.If it is a Manual Transmission in Lagos traffic,then my shoes will definitely be off!An Automatic in Any Type of traffic and i can leave my shoes on.It all depends. grin grin grin grin
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by mohawkchic(f): 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2009
~Oh Wow!! I wasnt aware so many people prefer driving w/o shoes!! I am gobsmacked to be honest! I find it very odd! I thought only some women find it comfy but reading from your replies,i see some Men are as well!

~Needless to say i've never driven barefoot,am actually scared to attempt driving barefoot. . i keep thinking what if my foot slips off the pedal. . .I learnt to drive with all sorts of shoe heels so i suppose i grew comfy & confident driving w/ any type of Heel!!

~Having said that i aint your average "Woman Driver" ie Miss Daisy/ies !! grin Seat drawn forward,both hands clutching the wheels tightly cheesy

Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by rasputinn(m): 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2009
Have you ever checked to see what happens to the bottom of the sole of your shoe after using them to drive for a whilewould you rather it happened to the soles of your feel HELL NO
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by tayoast(m): 12:00am On Jul 08, 2009
I do drive bare feet when i started, but pple around me said it's a bad thing, not minding the fact that it makes it feel natural doing so.

Later (of recent), i started with slipps and shoes but there's no major difference only that d foot mat (with d linings), obstructs when doing d clutch pedal.

I can remember well, sm weeks ago, i left home with only one of d pair of slipps. Thank goodness i didn't av much doing outside d car.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by jagwar: 12:16am On Jul 08, 2009
Yep driving bare-feet is definitely more comfortable 4 me especially in heavy traffic. But i can drive with shoes on aswell preferring flexible shoes like Converse & Drivers but never with slippers as there is the risk of this getting hooked underneath the pedals.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by sley4life(m): 1:45am On Jul 08, 2009
any
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by platinumnk(f): 2:47am On Jul 08, 2009
Jerjens:

poster is a gal, yes?
well must gals are foot drivers i tink its the diff heels of the shoes they wear
it confuses the brain no offence intended, newer cars with cruise control u can drive hands only, just dont 4get the brakes!!! shocked shocked shocked

where in nigeria can u use cruise control??!
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by triistar86: 8:29am On Jul 08, 2009
I think its a question of how you learnt how to drive and how u choose to keep driving? Although I learnt how to drive with my bare foot but as time went by I started driving with anything on. Just couldn't go through the stress of having to take off my shoes anytime I need to drive. So I drive in whatever way I find myself getting into a car. Logically I usually have shoes or even flip flops on almost all the times and the few times I dont have anything on I still drive that way. So I guess it all depends on what you get yourself accustomed to.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by nike4luv(f): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2009
It is illegal to drive barefoot in the UK, so if i were you, il keep my shoes on lol, I keep my shoes on no matter what, if you are wearing heels, then pack your slip ons along!! grin
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by FBS: 9:29am On Jul 08, 2009
Foot (or in socks) all the way.
Even in my dreams, I was never comfortable driving with shoes. grin
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by san26dy(f): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2009
Hmmm, I prefer driving with shoes on. Heels, boots, it doesn't matter. I just can't drive barefeet.
Re: Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ? by Nezan(m): 9:40am On Jul 08, 2009
nike4luv:

It is illegal to drive barefoot in the UK, so if i were you, il keep my shoes on lol, I keep my shoes on no matter what, if you are wearing heels, then pack your slip ons along!! grin
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rover! Rover! Rover! / Why Do Lagos Motorists Drive With Headlamps On In Broad-day Light!! / Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.