Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? (12209 Views)

Why Men Treat Side-Chicks Better Than Wives / Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by SweetT1: 4:08pm On May 18, 2009
LadyT:

You looked in the mirror?

What mirror? Titi don't even start. u know me better than that.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by netotse(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2009
MCMLXXVI:

Damn You Michael Bay!

MCMLXXVI:

Damn You Michael Bay!

*taking a deep breathe*. . .who is michael bay?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by sakam(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2009
@ Blessed, it's seem u 're jealous of the dominating position of men, eventhough, the Holy Books said that women should respect their husbands.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by mousty: 4:46pm On May 18, 2009
saboda sun san cewa sunyi yawa kuma gasu da san Kudi na masifa
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by babygurl19(f): 5:43pm On May 18, 2009
well this topiccould seem awkward but true but i can assure u that my man treats me like a queen, we v been married for 2 yrs and yet, he washes the dishes for me while i cook and he does the laundry while i might just help him though but thats if i wanna help him, he even cooks at times if i say i am tired and yet i don work but he gives me what i want. so i will just say i am lucky or hes my maid. but i can assure some pple out there that women arent so much of maids unless they wanna be that themselves.

u r the of cause of your destiny, take charge of yur life not ur doom
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by babygurl19(f): 6:07pm On May 18, 2009
some pple are so stupid with their thinking cos even if there are millions of housewives, the men are also working for the women cos come to think of it i prefer to work in the house more than outside the hoouse, am sure if that husband has that opportunity, he would not mind at all.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by C2H5OH(f): 6:43pm On May 18, 2009
You don't work, yet he does all these things for you. And they say good men have fallen off the face of the earth. You must have some bomb ass pussy, or you look like the black version of giselle bundchen.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chinesedoll(f): 7:24pm On May 18, 2009
netotse:

*taking a deep breathe*. . .who is michael bay?

Nna i was about asking the same thing o!!!

Please who is Micheal Bay
wetin d guy do u
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by hackney(m): 7:41pm On May 18, 2009
Make una no mind that Gladiator man.
na so im dey swear for Michael bay for every thread cheesy cheesy cheesy

Una no go kill me for this NL.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by gr8me(f): 7:43pm On May 18, 2009
it's possible u've had a terrible experience with a lady or two, but ur mindset about women terrifies me, how can u call women slaves, dint u come out from a womb? dt woman dt carried u in her womb for 9 month, gave birth to u, breast feed u, ensured dt u grew up to dis stage, no matter wat must have happened between u and her, can u look at her straight into her eyes and tell her she is a slave?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by hackney(m): 7:51pm On May 18, 2009
Do Nigerian men really (i mean 'really') treat their wives like maids?
Honestly im asking a genuine question here.

How did they meet then and how did he get her to marry him?(did he then change?) ; Do they go to prayer (was gonna say church but. . . ) together? what about traditional outings?

Could it be because some of those wives then do not live up to expectations or arent learned?
Is he treating her like a maid and banging (excuse' moi) her as well? Im Genuinely confused

Please explain to me o somebody !
(i know that people shout in general in nigeria but do they really mean all that yelling?)
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chinesedoll(f): 7:57pm On May 18, 2009
hackney:

Make una no mind that Gladiator man.
na so im dey swear for Michael bay for every thread cheesy cheesy cheesy

Una no go kill me for this NL.

abeg who is d Micheal Bay?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by kimiyanky(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2009
Its really funny to say,so many nigerian men can be carring during their engagement, bt after marriage comes d true man,they treat thier wifes as slave i really dnt thik is bewitchment,some may b as a result of d lady inability to produce a seed. in most cases d man might even b d cause of  d problem bt yt all problems [color=#006600]are allowed to rest at d women,i think people should not just go into marriage because they feelk like. grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 18, 2009
chinesedoll:

I am Michael Bay! Yeahhhhhhhhh!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chinesedoll(f): 8:49pm On May 18, 2009
michelin89:

I am Michael Bay! Yeahhhhhhhhh!

so wat did u do to him??
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by hackney(m): 11:15pm On May 18, 2009
The Michael bay no be man ?? Heeeeee!!!.
What? na lie abeg
Ah-ah

My Dear I no know who be Michael Bay but make God help us save that man
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by TOPE20001(f): 11:19pm On May 18, 2009
chinesedoll:

lol. . .na movie director o cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by hackney(m): 11:26pm On May 18, 2009
Na true , i just google the guy ; na serious movie director:
Transformers ,bad boys , the rock etc.

Next question: Wetin michael Bay do?  (this thread sha ; i wan focus but this issue no let me o!!!)

I no fit laff again!!! cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Outstrip(f): 11:29pm On May 18, 2009
because she allows him
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Prettiep(f): 11:31pm On May 18, 2009
hackney:

Na true , i just google the guy ; na serious movie director:
Transformers ,bad boys , the rock etc.

Next question: Wetin michael Bay do?  (this thread sha ; i wan focus but this issue no let me o!!!)

I no fit laff again!!! cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
becos d men themselves have low esteem that they don.t know of
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by nezerst(f): 11:43pm On May 18, 2009
@theblessed, u r indeed bleesed. Funny thing is that the same woman that goes about cryiny injustice is the same one that will treat her son like a king and d daughter like a maid.

@chuks, u r indeed a fool!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by nene1: 11:51pm On May 18, 2009
@Orikinla:

That was well said. I notice that nigerian men act differently with western women. They do certain things such as cooking, that they would never dream of doing if they were with a naija woman.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ChuckBass1(m): 12:39am On May 19, 2009
For those who didnt have the pleasure to read my posts on it, here is a recap and full summary:

Stupid Topic angry

Are they not naturally born as maids?

Who delievers the children?

Who breasts feeds them?

Who is perpertually doomed to be in the kitchen till death do you part?

Who cleans the house 24/7?

Who washes the clothes and Dishes most of the time?

Who nannies the kids 24/7?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Abeg make una go siddon jare!

Psssf. . . . angry
Hope i have been able to convince you that wives are glorified house girls with a wedding ring!

Thanks and god bless grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by BenHundred(m): 12:47am On May 19, 2009
I will confess SOME men do treat their women like maids, but that is because they allow that. This should not be generalized as a trait that all Nigerian men exhibit but a stupid few. Women are God's gift to man and should be treated like so.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by goodboybad(m): 12:49am On May 19, 2009
My hapiness is that a good number of women who have responded to this post do not believe that MOST men treat their wives as slaves. The person who posted this should realise that one bad experience with a man does not mean that all men are bad.

@Chuck Bass, dont worry, with time, you'll become more mature.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Oxone(m): 3:00am On May 19, 2009
doesnt really happen but if it does then it because the woman settles for it or proly cos she did something terrible
but its wrong sha
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by slimfine(f): 4:57am On May 19, 2009
cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Realsam(m): 6:28am On May 19, 2009
Probably the wives is treating her husband like a boss which will in turn make the man treat her like maid. She should try treat him like a king then she will be accord queenly treatment.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Iranoladun(f): 9:05am On May 19, 2009
Most Nigerian men grew up with the believe that house chores are for girls & women, many mothers raised their boys not to do any house chores especially kitchen oriented ones but their daughters must clean up after the boys; cook, wash plates, clean the bathroom, fetch water, go shopping, even clean up the boys room at times.

I think it has a lot to do with our culture, history has proven that when the men (who were traditionally farmers, hunters, palm wine tappers, blacksmith etc) go to the farm or workshop (blacksmith) the women are left at home to take care of the domestic affairs. The husband return and only demand for food while the wife hovers over him like a maid-will even fetch water for him to have a bath etc. The wife also join their husband at the farm during the harvest season.

However, in today's world where a man & woman needs to take up salaried jobs (in most cases) in order to run their homes & live successfully all hands must be on deck at home and outside the home. A wife goes to work and comes back home almost at the same time like the working-husband but these men expect the 'superwoman' to enter the kitchen turn up a meal, check the kids homework, clean up the house etc and prepare everyone for the next day while the man sit in front of the TV set watching a football match or reading newspaper.

I agree with the poster that said we should change our orientation/mindset foremost as mothers to raise boys who are equipped in all front (domestic & otherwise) to face the emerging lifestyle and also inculcate the aspect of respect for their sisters which later in life they will transfer to their wives.

In the current scenario, a woman may influence the husband in helping out at home (in a loving manner) but she has to be aware of her husband limitation e.g. does he know how to cook?, make the bed? bath the children, do laundry etc Otherwise if you marry a helpless adult (men who cannot even boil water, wash their own undies or make their own bed) your first task as a woman is to commence the teaching or training of your husband to do some domestic chores-start from the simplest chores until he master that before you start the difficult ones. If this is not possible & you can afford it, then employ a housekeeper to do most of the chores if you do not want to end up as a maid.

Any husband who truly loves his wife would not want her to slave away like a maid. cool
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chinesedoll(f): 9:34am On May 19, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

For those who didnt have the pleasure to read my posts on it, here is a recap and full summary:

Stupid Topic angry

Are they not naturally born as maids?

Who delievers the children?

Who breasts feeds them?

Who is perpertually doomed to be in the kitchen till death do you part?

Who cleans the house 24/7?

Who washes the clothes and Dishes most of the time?

Who nannies the kids 24/7?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Abeg make una go siddon jare!

Psssf. . . . angry
Hope i have been able to convince you that wives are glorified house girls with a wedding ring!

Thanks and god bless grin

I dont blame u
like sm1 earlier said
u are a true product off free education
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by bsanya(f): 9:37am On May 19, 2009
Cos they are animals in human being clothing
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by FBS: 10:05am On May 19, 2009
say who? another generalization topic again? Not all Nigerian men treat their wives like maids if at all they do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? / Can You Marry Your Third Cousin? / Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.