Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? (12206 Views)

Why Men Treat Side-Chicks Better Than Wives / Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by kshow1(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

For those who didnt have the pleasure to read my posts on it, here is a recap and full summary:

Stupid Topic angry

Are they not naturally born as maids?

Who delievers the children?

Who breasts feeds them?

Who is perpertually doomed to be in the kitchen till death do you part?

Who cleans the house 24/7?

Who washes the clothes and Dishes most of the time?

Who nannies the kids 24/7?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Abeg make una go siddon jare!

Psssf. . . . angry
Hope i have been able to convince you that wives are glorified house girls with a wedding ring!

Thanks and god bless grin
ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW YOU ARE TREATING A WOMAN NOW OR HOW YOU ARE TREATING YOUR WIFE IF YOU ARE ALREADY MARRIED.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by pek(m): 10:59am On May 19, 2009
wrong generalisatioN!!!!!!!
Any man worth his onions will treat his wife like a queen.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by smurf1(f): 11:06am On May 19, 2009
This is an easy one, cos their father's treated their mother's like maids, wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ANGWEH: 11:20am On May 19, 2009
most nigerians do dis out of frustration and haggardness, not that they do intend subjecting their wives to sub-human conditions but it simply the fact that nigeria is a critical country and things are really bad a such people empty their misery unto their wives but all things being equal a nigerian husband is one of the best any woman can find, for late brenda fassier of southafrica to say that her regret is that she has not being loved and sexed by a nigerian, i think we are good husbands if not circumstance(s)
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ChuckBass1(m): 12:16pm On May 19, 2009
People just like to say Nonsense!

A woman is a maid. Its just that simple. Whether she is married or not, she is in charge of handling all the chores in the house. Technically speaking what does that make her? Take a look at the defination of the word maid:

maid
Noun

1. a female servant

2. Archaic or literary a young unmarried girl; maiden [form of maiden]

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Noun 1. maid - a female domestic

housemaid, maidservant, amah

chambermaid, fille de chambre - a maid who is employed to clean and care for bedrooms (now primarily in hotels)

domestic, domestic help, house servant - a servant who is paid to perform menial tasks around the household

handmaid, handmaiden - a personal maid or female attendant

lady's maid - a maid who is a lady's personal attendant

parlormaid, parlourmaid - a maid in a private home whose duties are to care for the parlor and the table and to answer the door

Now we can see that it explicitly states that women are the domestic animals of the home and paid servants to perform all kinds of menial chores and tasks. Its a woman's duty to do so not a man and its what they do for the remindeer of their lives, so why are you trying to become hypocritical of the situation and pretend that women arent born maids to become domesticated around the home 24/7? undecided

Is it not also true husbands pay their wives for being maids in the form of sex or money to buy food stuffs or bags? So why all the lame arguments trying to justify that wives arent maids?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by yeswecan(m): 12:28pm On May 19, 2009
@Chuck Ba$$, what are u talking about? are u from planet earth?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 19, 2009
@yeswecan, he is calling himself 'Chuck Bass' for a reason, grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ximmy: 2:11pm On May 19, 2009
For those who didnt have the pleasure to read my posts on it, here is a recap and full summary:

Stupid Topic  Angry

Who breasts feeds them?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Psssf. . . .  Angry
Hope i have been able to convince you that wives are glorified house girls with a wedding ring!

Thanks and god bless Grin

listen to yourself or berra still read ur post again,
wives are glorified house girl with a  wedding ring

i so much feel sorry for your wife, and remember that statement also applies to all the women in  ur life
im sure  your women folks will be very much disappointed in  you for making such a STUPID STATEMENT, you RELIC OF A LOST AGE
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 19, 2009
1. a female servant

Ahahaha! So when I saw chauvinist, since it's generally referred to men, that means all men are chauvinists? Dog: we call men dog, does that mean all men are dogs?

Noun 1. maid - a female domestic

I don't know what you were thinking about when you came here to contribute to this topic because all I can see is a big disgrace to yourself. The topic aside, your comprehension and interpretation of English terms are appalling. You are an illiterate even though you can read and write which is even worse than having never been to school before. If I were you I'd be ashamed to have allowed my parents spend so much for my studies to later have a disfunctional sense of reasonsing and understanding like yours.

housemaid, maidservant, amah

Wives are not housemaids they are wives. That's why we say husband and wife, not husband and maid. You are wrong, you know it and you are acting desperate to prove your point. Why don't you quit? You are not making sense.

chambermaid, fille de chambre - a maid who is employed to clean and care for bedrooms (now primarily in hotels)

Are wives employed? Where is the contract? I didn't know marriage was a maid affair.

domestic, domestic help, house servant - a servant who is paid to perform menial tasks around the household

Who is paying who? How does the husband pay? Through sex? So the wife is a maid while the husband is a prostitute, right?

At last we have come to the conclusion that your attempt to paint women in a bad picture has been revealed to be actually an insult to the male folk. In fact I am disgusted that a man would have sex with a mere maid, a worthless being.

He is even worse than a dog and according to your way of interpreting words, all men become dogs, right?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by owopepper(m): 3:08pm On May 19, 2009
well if for any reason one has to complain based on the inhuman and inconsiderate attitude of some men then the question shuould be what is the duties of the man vis-a-vis that of the woman.

secondly what will and should a woman do, also a man, same as when a woman is due to be married and not say in her late 30's and mid 40's you hear all sorts of expression and as such i think those of us whom have been blessed and favoured enough to have a man as our husband should try to commend the institution called marriage and stop complaining only about the bad side as also there are lots of good in it.'

if u argue ask your mother she'll tell you it wasn't easy but it was worth it

in all women are great species a wonderful one. i say dont give up to every woman in this forum. peace.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 19, 2009
ximmy:

Stupid Topic  Angry

Who breasts feeds them?

Psssf. . . .  Angry

Thanks and god bless Grin

listen to yourself or berra still read ur post again, 
wives are glorified house girl with a  wedding ring

i so much feel sorry for your wife, and remember that statement also applies to all the women in  ur life
im sure  your women folks will be very much disappointed in  you for making such a STUPID STATEMENT, you RELIC OF A LOST AGE

Can u say that to the Muslim world and men? If u don't want to do the listed things, u stay away from marriage.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ChuckBass1(m): 4:05pm On May 19, 2009
lol

I can see all the future house maids and present housemaids masking under the guise of housewives are coming out to defend their rather pitiful position in the society. Well dont blame me that i would never be a house-Husband but women are born to be housewives.

Yes they do get paid e.g begging for pitiful allowances to braid their hair or go to the salon. Dont you see how pitiful their lives are? Reduced to a bunch of begging lepers because they are dense enough not to find a job or do something meaniful with their lives?

House wives can be replaced any day, anytime, there is nothing they do that money cannot otherwise substitute their chores for. The only added benefit is that upon all the subjugation they recieve from men and at home, the men still take pleasure in knowning they have a piece of ass waiting for them to devour free of charge but then again, you have to still pay for that sex by dropping the money for them to buy garri to eat!

So michellin, stop your whinning. A house wife is a house maid in disguise. There is no difference! I magine the day i sit down at home and my wife goes to work and i am there to clean the house, wash the clothes, cook for her and take care of the children and my wife is at work attending to meetings, and when she comes back, she strips me naked and f***ks me for free and i end up begging her to drop money for pot of soup tomorrow. I'll kill myself that very moment! grin

Men were not created to be subjected to that kind of humilating lifestyle. Its a womans punishment from the heavens and Men have rubber stamped it!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Seun(m): 4:08pm On May 19, 2009
I magine the day i sit down at home and my wife goes to work and i am there to clean the house, wash the clothes, cook for her and take care of the children and my wife is at work attending to meetings, and when she comes back, she strips me naked and f***ks me for free  and i end up begging her to drop money for pot of soup tomorrow. I'll kill myself that very moment!
Nasty, but yeah me too. Women need to realise they are not a minority. They need to wake up.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by redsun(m): 5:42pm On May 19, 2009
I know a pastor that does not allow his wife to ride in the front seat of his car in name of respect and obedience.I use to think it was outrageous,even as a christian then.

It is true,some nigerian wives are mere house girls,even in england.No equal partnership but when they see the light and rebel,all hell do break loose.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 19, 2009
cuz the stupid woman only knows how to spend money and Bleep around, and forget their marital status and what being married is all about. i don't know why is it that when you ask a nigerian to do something politely he refuses, until you beat him or maltreat him.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ChuckBass1(m): 6:31pm On May 19, 2009
I am really happy that real men are finally coming out to speak and say the truth about these scum bag house wives women. . . Jah Bless! cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 9:28am On May 20, 2009
U call men dogs and you still sleep with them. Lure,steal from and Bleep them. Am not against women liberation(where they imprisoned?), but if you allow them a mile, they will assume 100. It is pathetic!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by niusha: 9:49am On May 20, 2009
oh come on , r u joking i haven't heard it before. am not Nigerian BUT I have a nigerian boyfriend and we are going to marry . i fear u be right.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by babygurl19(f): 10:08am On May 20, 2009
chuck bass from gossip girls, thats the reason, hes a player and will never get married cos i don think he will want to be subjected to one maid for life wen he can have many maids at once, let me tell u chucky the fool.

i love being a woman and will be that again in my next life, its so fulfilling to be a woman, giving someone a life, i dont think there can be anything better than that,its not an easy abi no be woman born u or sorry its a maid that ur father impregnated maybe thats why. hahahahhaha.

women or houswives dey enjoy, they cruise around shopping and buying stuffs and even travelling around the world while the hubby is doin all the work, maybe u are a poor ass thats y u give ur wife money for garri only. my husband gives me money to enjoy my life and sit at home to take care of his gurl and boy and when he comes home i will give him sweet sex and sweet food so he doesnt go out to meet the real maids
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 20, 2009
But come on women. Who has the definition of a maid and the way they should be treated? I think husbands see what their wives do the maids and mete out the same to them when provoked or ill-treated by their wives. Women/wives/daughters ill-treat their housemaids and they know it only when husbands/papas/men show them the same ill-treatment. Damn u Eve!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by obyann(f): 12:26pm On May 20, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

Stupid Topic angry

No.

Who breasts feeds them?

Women of course

Both of them

No. Its the other way round now. Except few ones who wants to be house-wife, but not applicable to carrier women.

so many these days. what about glorified house boys?

Psssf. . . . angry

hisssss
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by obyann(f): 1:11pm On May 20, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

Stupid Topic angry

No.

Chuck Ba$$:

Who breasts feeds them?

Women of course

Chuck Ba$$:

both of them

Chuck Ba$$:

Husband/wife. or House boy/house girl.

Chuck Ba$$:

No. It's the other way round now. Except few ones who wants to be house-wife, it'snot applicable to carrier women

Chuck Ba$$:

so many these days. what about glorified house boys
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ximmy: 2:03pm On May 20, 2009
chuck bass or wat do u say ur name is?
u R just seeking cheap attention, the orientation u have abt women explains ur level of intelligence, if it can be rated,
u just open ur mouth and tun it lke govt tap wit no control,

i pity ya wife,

women r glorified housemaids, at least we have dignity love keeping the house clean et al,
what do u do, unglorified gardner like u?
im sure u r wife works while u sit on ur fat ass day dreaming, stupid gardener
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ferdela: 2:18pm On May 20, 2009
who said they are
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ferdela: 2:51pm On May 20, 2009
angry shocked
@chukba$$, this i am sure is one of the most stupid statement you have ever made in your entire life among so many others.

How on earth do you manage with the women in your life?, mom ie is if you are born of one, sisters if u do have them and girl friends ie if u are not gay, if u have no comment on this topic to post why not look up others instead of using this medium to draw attention to ur self, my opinion you lack womanly love in your life, find a good woman for your self ie is if you can then you will sing a different song.

On the topic, Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? I don't think it is a wide spread practice, i am a working class woman and a married one, i have a loving husband who sometimes helps me with the house chores. If i do my duty as a woman which the bible has specified being a help mate to the man i don't think it makes me a maide, a marriage naturally is born out of love and not a contract. If a man treats his wife as a maid then he does not have self respect neither does he have regard for his mother. Because when they see you they should also see your wife. During solominazation the pastor will tell you that 1+1 in marriage is = 1. So for all you men who thinki that women are 2nd class citizens it is not right in the sight of God we are all equal. You might be the head as a man but the woman is the neck and the neck turns the head in the direction it wishes.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Kechybee(f): 4:46pm On May 20, 2009
@ Stupid Topic

Who breasts feeds them?

Psssf. . . .

shut up!!! men like u are just good 4 nothin. [b][/b]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by lawyer(m): 5:01pm On May 20, 2009
@chuckbass

Stupid Topic

Who breasts feeds them?

Psssf. . . . angry

Does this make sense?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by oge4real(f): 10:29pm On May 20, 2009
that is because most men are HUNCHBACKS instead of HUSBANDS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by gasbi2: 6:44am On May 21, 2009
Stupid Topic

Who breasts feeds them?

Psssf. . . .

what a dedication to your Grand mother, mother,anties,sisters, and all your female cousins.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by oge4real(f): 11:33am On May 21, 2009
gasby 2,

you seriously need a doctor or maybe a mechanic to fix up your brain wiring.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chinesedoll(f): 11:46am On May 21, 2009
oge4real:

gasby 2,

you seriously need a doctor or maybe a mechanic to fix up your brain wiring.

Dis goes to show dat u did not read dis thread at all
if u did u wld know dat Gasby was trying to quote wat sm1 had already posted

Please it is not compulsory to contribute to a thread
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by oge4real(f): 6:27pm On May 21, 2009
@ Gasby so sorry i was actually browsing from my phone so all the pages were not opened,

@chinesedoll, two wrongs don't make a right so be careful tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? / I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? / Can You Marry Your Third Cousin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.